GLOBAL MODERATORS - Applications Closed

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ on

Postby ~Arerona~ » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:56 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Feb, 21 2010
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 4762
Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes, I'm over 18
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? All 7
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? It depends I'm usually on at least 6-7 hrs a day, sometimes longer and now that summer is here I should be on more (No more studying )
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: They were on another website (Foopets) and it was a little while ago (About a year or two).
Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I would really love to help CS, it is my favorite and I often flip through the forums to see what is happening. I have always wanted to be a moderator
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I can’t think of anything right now.
~Arerona~

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandysauce » Sat Apr 13, 2013 7:47 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:13 pm

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

598 Posts

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:

I am of age and I am willing to risk seeing the possible adult content.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?

I visit basically every day of the week. Some exceptions are expected however.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?

I spend close to 3-4 hours a on a normal week day on CS and 9+ hours on a normal weekend.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them

I have moderated on a website that got deleted a year back, but other then that no.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?

I like being in a position to keep the peace, and I believe as a moderator I could do that on CS. There are a lot of disagreements on CS and I believe I could help with those.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position:

I can understand some French and some Spanish, and coming from a position of one of 7 children I believe i could help with my peer mediation abilities from being an older child out of all my siblings.
Last edited by Sandysauce on Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandysauce

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Chipmunk » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:05 am

APPLICATON
1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) August of 2011
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) about 4000ish I believe since starting,
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) I am over the age of 18 and have no problems dealing with adult content.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? everyday
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? around 5 or 6
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them no I have not
7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS? I want to become a moderator because I love helping people no matter what the question is if someone sends me a bad trade I always offer to help them learn the rares list and whats fair for even uncommon pets.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I speak English, Irish, and Spanish so I can help people with questions that they may not understand unless translated,
Image Happy St. Patrick's Day Everyone! Hope everyone has a good time with there family and are safe! I am Irish myself so I won't be on much today since I have family coming over :D
Chipmunk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby saymiricanfly » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:32 am

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply) I first registered as a CS member in 2008 with a shared account with my friend. When she started trying to take over I gave up and let her have the old account and I started with my new account, which, to this day is called *this*is*my*destiny* I made the new account on Friday April 27th at 5:47pm.
2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply) I have made around 435 posts since I joined.
3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again) I am fully aware of this issue and I am fully prepared for what is involved.
4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I am usually on every day in a week. Sometimes that varies and goes down to about 5 or 6 days a week.
5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? I will usually spend around 2-5 hours on a typical day.
6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them No
7.now the important question, why do you want to be a moderator for CS?I would really like to be a moderator on CS because I have always looked up to the Mods and would love to become one myself. I also love helping people and stopping bullying issues on the web. At my old school(before I left) I was part of a organisation (sorry, excuse the spelling) called 0800 Pupils. I was a antibullying line where students could report any bullying, either to them or someone else in their school. I love resolving issues and I can always make a glomy situation brighter. I am not offened by anything others say and I have a good sense of humour. I like trying (and hopefully succecding) to keep the peace between members of CS and other websites. I enjoy answering questions and keeping this website the wonderful way it is.
8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?) I have a great sense of humour and are not upset of offened by anything. I think that would help me because I know there is bullying on this website and it woukld help if some one disagreed with me over something. I do not embellish things and stick to the FACTS! I was part of 0800 PUPILS and it helped toughen up and get used to seeing/hearing about people getting bullied over cyberbullying etc. I am good at dealing with younger children and I am great at peer meditation. I speak a lot of french and a bit of spanish and Maori (the native language of New Zealand) I am also a very calm person and do not get aggitated easily (it takes a lot to make me M-A-D!!)

Thank you for considering me as a future Mod and congratulations to the 3 that get poitions in Cs's staff.
I wish all of you good luck.
saymiricanfly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Morbid Mouse » Sat Apr 13, 2013 8:59 am

• What date did you register as a CS member?:
Sunday July 8th 2012 at 3:07 pm, so about nine months ago. I know it’s not long, but I’ve got a general knowledge of the site.

• How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
I’ve made 1104 posts thus far.

• Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes, I’m old enough, and yes, I’m willing to risk seeing adult content. “Nastiness, spam, and inappropriate content,” as you put it, as well as “adult material and images” don’t faze me at all and I don’t mind dealing with it. It won’t offend me. It’s all part of keeping the site safe and friendly.

• How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
I really enjoy my time on CS, so I’m on seven days a week, probably every day of the year, including holidays. I might miss a week or two while out camping/on vacation/etc.

• How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
I’m probably on CS around five hours a day on a weekday, maybe more, though not always all at once. I check in often and I usually have it open in the background of whatever else I’m doing.

• Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
No, I haven’t moderated on other forums. I’ve considered it, but unlike CS, I didn’t have as much interest in it and I knew it would be unfair to apply as a mod if I wasn’t going to fully commit to it. Nowadays, CS is the only website I visit outside of a social networking site, my school site, and my e-mail anyway.

• Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
As I stated, I definitely enjoy my time on CS. It’s the only recreational site I visit, and I won’t lose interest any time soon. I’m familiar with the rules, though I’ll study them even harder if I do happen to snatch this position. I love being involved in things and helping out in any way I can. Just like anyone, I make the occasional mistake, but my grammar and spelling are good to go. It’s not a matter of being popular or having the rank of a mod for me; I’m not exactly well-known on this site anyway and I’d still want to help out with modding even if my name didn’t change color. I won’t mind making a few enemies, even if it’s unjustified. I’ll do what’s best for the site, not what’s best for me or best for any other particular member. I already find myself constantly biting my tongue and trying not to minimod. I also don’t have any warnings of any kind. I usually just scan the forums anyway (I don’t participate in role-plays or anything, not that I have something against them), so I could donate a majority of my time to modding.

• Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required)
First and foremost, I am capable of being completely unbiased, even if the topic seems outrageous. I’m kind and open-minded to people that approach me, even if they do so aggressively. I am not easily offended, and I won’t take things to heart. I am entirely able to commit an extended period of time to modding. Also, I was basically deemed a peer mediator amongst my group of friends because I was one of the ones that listened to both sides of the story and still didn’t pick a side. I never cave in to rumors, cheating, or bullying. Sometimes, strangers would approach me with their problems because they knew I wouldn’t judge or talk about it for the lone sake of creating drama. I won’t continue bitter arguments just because I want to get the last word. I’ll put in my two cents and that will be that. When it comes to privacy, I can guarantee that any given member’s secrets would be safe with me. I’ve worked in a retirement home for almost two years now, and one trait that has been honed to near perfection by working with the elderly is my patience. I can calmly deal with any situation, even if it seems to be going nowhere.

Thank you for the opportunity. I’d like to wish everyone good luck. :3
Morbid Mouse

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

GLOBAL MODERATORS - Now Hiring! Apply within. Age 18+ only

Postby toast- » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:39 am

What date did you register as a CS member?
        december twenty-fourth, 2011.

How many posts have you made in the forum

Without posting your age, are you old enough to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval
        of course. inappropriate content doesn't faze me at all. c:

every day.

i usually spend at least one, but i can spend up to six some days. on average, it's two hours per day.

a few. the others have died, but here's the one that's still up, xxx

because i hate seeing all the images, and inappropriate things that users happen to post. i do happen to know all the rules superbly, but will try to get them ground into my brain so i'm reciting them every night before i go to bed. i believe people should not get to post content that is disrespectful, or inappropriate, anything of the sort. i believe that that should get taken care of and dealt with right away, no one, much less little kids should have to see that. People come on this site to have fun, and i think that should be the only thing they get to have on here c:
        i just want to be a global mod so i can help/take care of anything bad that come on here.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
        i speak french, hungarian, and portuguese. i'm fairly sure i am good with peer mediation. i am good with people, i'm quite nice, though a bit random. i'm always nice to others though, no matter what they say/ask, i'm usually always nice about it. c:

good luck to everyone applying for these spots.
toast-

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunlightAura » Sat Apr 13, 2013 10:53 am

I joined Chicken Smoothie on June 2nd, 2009! So I have been here for quite a while!

On these forums, I have created around 3052 posts!

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval:
Yes I am old enough and willing to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval. I deal with quite a lot of these things in real life and I'm mature about them. I'm completely fine with see adult images and other inappropriate subjects. I often participate in discussions that must use maturity at times on the website.

I typically visit everyday a week when I visit Chicken Smoothie. There may be days in which I do not visit due to vacations, but even then, I can manage to find a way online. Otherwise, I'm on practically every day to check on my threads and trades whenever I can.

I spend typically at least two hours, it varies with how busy I am. It can be less or even more, usually I'm on Chicken Smoothie even when I'm occupied with school work. I spend quite a bit of my time on here, though it depends on plans I have on that particular day as well. I usually visit every once in a while throughout the day, even during school if I happen to have the time to do so.

I have had several experiences with being a moderator on Roleplays mostly, though I currently cannot link them due to them being inactive and no longer existing. I spend time being a moderator on a current Roleplay, though it's extremely inactive as to this day. Therefore my duties are no longer needed at this time. But I have had experience.

I feel like it would be such a great experience. I feel I am responsible enough to take on the job, and strong enough to do such a thing. I feel that I can be a great help to Chicken Smoothie and I often respect the rules as well, and it downs me whenever others break rules. I often want to correct them, but I do not have the chance due to the fact that I am not part of the staff myself. I do hate bullying and other users in arguments with others. I can usually deal with temper issues as I have many times in real life and on the Internet. I am fully against foul language and as well as other rude actions. These actions, I really want to make an impact on them and have them stopped right away. Thus, I doubt that I will quit Chicken Smoothie anytime soon, as I'm greatly interested in it and I also have always loved this website. It is the only Pet website in which I have been around with for years, and I will continue hanging around as much as I can. I want to keep this website safe, as it is one of my favorites, and I want to keep members as happy as they can be. Being an artist, I know that art theft is completely wrong, and I can certainly figure out when things seemed to be fishy. I will try my best to block everything that I can, and I honestly want to help.But I feel it would be fun to be in this position, having tons of dedication for it, and also extremely interesting.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?
I speak Spanish and English. I am fluent in both of them and able to translate each other very well. I can read and write both languages as well as speak them too. I am also an artist and an animator, so if any of those skills are useful, I am fairly strong. I have high grades in my classes, especially in my English classes, showing that I am good with grammar for the most part and able to speak maturely when needed. I am also great with coding, and I know well how to use computers and technology. I'm also patient and fairly respectful of others. I'm also pretty kind, I have gifted hundreds of users, and I do not have any anger tempers. I can manage arguments very well, I'm often the peace keeper in tons of them. I have a friendly personality while I can also be strict as well. I would do anything to keep this website and the members safe. People often describe me loyal and dedicated to my work and as well as the people around me.

Thank you for this opportunity. I wish everyone good luck on their forms.
Last edited by SunlightAura on Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 2 times in total.
✢ ✢ ✢

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧
- sᴜɴʟɪɢʜᴛᴡᴏʟꜰ -

ᴏᴠᴇʀᴡᴀᴛᴄʜ ᴘʟᴀʏᴇʀ - ᴘɪsᴄᴇs - ʟᴇsʙɪᴀɴ

ʏᴏᴜ ᴄᴀɴ ᴄᴀʟʟ ᴍᴇ sᴜɴɴʏ!
ɪ ᴀᴍ ᴀ ꜰᴇᴍᴀʟᴇ ᴀʀᴛɪsᴛ ᴡʜᴏ
ʟᴏᴠᴇs ᴠɪᴅᴇᴏs.

ᴛᴡɪᴛᴛᴇʀ : ۞
SunlightAura

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Adriane » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:07 pm

APPLICATON

1.What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 8 months ago, do not apply)
September 23rd, 2011

2.How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
338 posts

3.Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: (If you don't know what I'm talking about, read the first post again)
Yes, I am old enough and willing to see adult content when screening posts awaiting for approval. I wouldn't be applying if I was not willing. C:

4.How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
Almost every day (5-7 days a week).

5.How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Usually about 3 or 4 hours a day, depending on my real job and my children.

6.Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
I don't believe so, no - but I do know exactly how it's done. ^^

7.Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?
I would like to contribute a little more to this wonderful site than how much I am currently. It is important to keep this site safe, secure and censored for young children. :) I would love to work with other moderators as well! I'm sure we would all become good friends. :)

8.Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example do you speak any other languages, or have you had any experience in peer mediation?)
I have children, so I can handle situations quite easily and fairly.
Adriane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zeee » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:12 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: Friday July 2, 2012

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 13998

Without posting your age, are you old enough (and willing) to risk seeing adult content when screening posts that are waiting for moderator approval: Yes I am, and adult content and such things like that don't really affect me.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: The answer is simple for this; every day of the week.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: If it's on a weekend, probably an honest 14+ hours with breaks from CS/the internet. In the morning, CS is usually the first thing I visit. If it's on a weekday, probably still around 13+ hours with breaks. However, I'm saying these times in general, as the breaks I take from the internet are quite long. People usually don't believe me when I tell them I spend almost every waking moment on the internet, aha.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?: I have moderated several roleplaying forums, but they're long gone and abandoned.

Now the important question: Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?: CS is, no matter how stupid it sounds, a big part of my life. I've longed for helping people my whole life, and I've always wanted to be a moderator. I think I would be an exceptional moderator; not the best, of course, but a good one. I want to be one because it's been one of my CS goals ever since I joined; you could even say it's been a CS dream of mine. I don't want to be a moderator for fame, or for the sake of 'bragging rights', so to say (I promise if I get the position I won't be bragging, though, just a figure of speech I suppose), rather than because I love helping people.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?: I'm learning to speak several languages, and I am a well-known problem solver, at least in real life. I keep calm easily, and can deal with really anything. I love helping people, and can give good advice if anyone ever needs it. I always try my best to help others. I'm also good at keeping my cool and calming other people down if the situation rises, and can deal with people who don't cooperate well. I'm a natural-born leader, you could say. Mature content and things like that don't affect me, either.
feelsjoelman
Zeee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LoneAnubis » Sat Apr 13, 2013 1:17 pm

June 4th, 2009, 9:16am

5623 posts in total.

Yes, I am of the age where I may see adult content and be mature enough, and I am more than willing to screen posts that are awaiting moderator approval.

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?:

I'd say that I visit CS everyday at some point after school, or after I finish helping my grandmother.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?:

I'd have to say I spend more than six hours a day on CS itself during the weekday but on the weekend its usually around ten hours. I'm mostly lurking silently around on the threads to see if things are okay.

Have you moderated on any other forums before?:

Sadly, no, if I get this position as a Global Moderator, it would be the first time for me to moderate anything.

Now the important question, Why do you want to be a moderator for CS?:

Why do I want to be a moderator? Well, I'd like to be a moderator because I love to help out others when I can. I'm calm and collected, and a fast thinker when it comes to arguments and I will listen to both sides before I jump to conclusions. I am quick thinking when it comes to bullying and fighting. I know the rules of CS, and I can spot spam, art-theft, and a few other things that do not belong on CS. I personally do not tolerate bullying, because I have been bullied twice in my life, I will help anyone who feels that they are being bullied, via PM or through the threads.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required):

I think I can bring peace upon situations where it is more tense than need be, I'd be happy to be a peacekeeper, because fighting is something that CS doesn't really need. I've helped a lot of my friends with situations that many might not know what to do. If I'm chosen, I'd be happy to lend my knowledge of CS to newcomers and any other members that have forgotten.

Thank you, for considering me, Tess, and anyone else who picks the new Moderators.
Bonjour everyone!
I am Anubis but you may call me Anu.
I'm always looking for new friends
so don't be afraid to message me.
Merci and bonne journée.
No longer active! Please do not send trades or messages as I will not see them.
LoneAnubis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me