Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator(age 16+) NOW CLOSED

Announcements about events or changes to the website and forum

Re: Applications open for: Oekaki Moderator (age 16+)

Postby .:Flamefur:. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 am

when does this end?
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! I'm Flamefur, not much to say, later I will be adding more squibys!
.:Flamefur:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hekomi » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:26 am

:Brackenblaze: wrote:when does this end?

Once Tess feels there are enough applications. :)
*Do not PM me for CS help. Send a ticket instead.*

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted 53 people.
I have received 53 gifts.
Hekomi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .:Flamefur:. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 2:29 am

thank you
ImageImageImageImage
Hello! I'm Flamefur, not much to say, later I will be adding more squibys!
.:Flamefur:.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby iFoopets » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:28 am

What date did you register as a CS member?: Sunday October 24, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum: 12,513 currently

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week, I rarely miss a day unless I'm on vacation or if the power is out. I'm also homeschooled, so that gives me a bit more time to be on than if I were in public school. cx

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: I'm on CS almost literally all the time, in the mornings, late at night on the ipad, and in between. I can hardly go a few hours without checking my posts, messages, and Oekaki.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: I have not, but I have been the owner of a few adoptables which I have to moderate x

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Definitely, I use it all the time! It's been a huge helper with my art, I don't think I'd still really be into drawing if I hadn't of found this place.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?:: Yes, I love seeing the new art. I spend a lot of the time in beginners, though I also often visit the other forums. The Oekaki boards is where I spend most of my CS time!

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: I've been a member for so long, I'm in the Oekaki a lot, so I thought it was time to help you guys out as well as the members and I believe it's a fantastic opportunity. c:

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position: I tend to respond to threads rather quickly, I've been an artist in Oekaki for some time so I now know what skills it takes to be in Intermediate and advanced. Art theft for me isn't very hard to spot it out since I've seen most of the art people have made throughout the years. I'm also a member of Deviantart, so I've often ran into somewhat disturbing artwork, although it doesn't bother now like it used to.

Best of luck to the other members! c:
iFoopets

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Free Shade » Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:14 pm

My application

What date did you register as a CS member?: May 06, 2013
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1,840
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? I normally visit CS about 5-6 days a week.
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Roughly 2-9, depending on how busy i am.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? I have not officially moderated before, but i have done "mini-modding" on multiple forums on Wajas. ( If i can find a link i will post it soon )
I also own an adoptable species here on the CS Oekaki and I am the main person whom moderates there. (Link: viewtopic.php?t=2149129)
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes. I use the Oekaki on a regular basis and i am quite familiar with it.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Yes. I tend to browse the Oekaki boards every 2-3 days to see the new art posted.
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I have a love for art and i would love to be able to help others in the oekaki.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position I am a strong with team work and with helping. I am a kitchen manager at my job so i am regularly helping people and giving advice. I feel this is a skill that could come in handy as a moderator because I would be having to help others as well as know how to work with others (in case its needed).

I am also an art major in college right now. I have taken 2 drawing and painting classes, as well as a design 101 class. I know what is and isn't appropriate when it comes to art (such as nudity and violence) and i also have a vast knowledge of proportion, shading, and realism.

Thank you for this opportunity, and good luck to everyone whom applies.

~Shade
Last edited by Free Shade on Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
(art above by Hoggnunsstern)

Do you remember Kiamaras from way back 10 years ago? You ever wonder what happened to them after all these years after the move to DA?
Well, they're now an easy going ARPG with a website and quests! Most quests have low entry requirements and have multiple tiers of rewards. There's also a free MYO for new users who don't have a Kia yet!
There's also a discord for the community where you can ask for help with quests, chat with other users, and actively seek out Kias that are being traded and sold as well as new adopts!

If you're interested at all feel free to click the image above to be taken to the Kiamara website!
If you want to join the discord at all, feel free to dm me and I can send you a link to it.
Free Shade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vestra » Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:44 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?:
Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:07 pm *This account, Had a previous one but forgot the username*
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
Probably a good 6-8, I don't get out too often. I'm also home schooled and about to Graduate.
As far as college, I'm not going X3
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
Aside my own Wiccan Forum no.
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
Yes c:
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
Yes, Quite a lot actually c:
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
Because It's just a really cool site and I love helping people, But I also like order.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position
I'm a *Professional* Digital Artist, I've used many programs including Photoshop, Gimp, Sai and of course Oekaki. I also have a very keen eye on spotting things, I'm also used to spotting forms of tracing as I was taught to in my art classes in highschool.

Good luck to everyone else!! <3
Thanks for the opportunity Tess!

Vestra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bella. » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:28 pm

What date did you register as a CS member?: 28 September, 2008
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 1784
How many days a week do you usually visit CS? Everyday (7)
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit? Weekdays - 1 to 5 hours. Weekends - around 6-9 hours.
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them. N/A
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw? Yes, I got right into it at one point. I do still draw now however, it is not as often.
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there? Pretty often actually, usually the avatars board and advanced oekaki, but I do visit most others C:
Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS? I have wanted to get involved with the CS community. I applied to be a general helper for the same reason, but that never got me anywhere xD I just really enjoy helping people, and the satisfaction knowing that I did a good job :)
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position? I do have a lot of experience using oekaki and know lots of tips and tricks. I can handle difficult situations well, and know how to deal with temperamental people while keeping a calm and collected attitude. I also feel that I am a friendly and approachable person, and really love to have a good ol' chat or just joke around C: I also really love art, which I feel is a plus.

Good luck to everyone!
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
|
:

:
|
-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-

┌────────────────────┐
aquarius • she/her • infj
├────────────────────┤
𝙰𝚗𝚒𝚖𝚊𝚕 𝙲𝚛𝚘𝚜𝚜𝚒𝚗𝚐-𝚒𝚏𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝚈𝚘𝚞𝚛 𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚛𝚊𝚌𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚜

├────────────────────┤
My goal on CS is to collect
all of the pets. I'm at
97.6%
at the moment!
└────────────────────┘

-•-○-✿-❀-✿-❀-✿-○-•-
Bella.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Desmond » Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:34 pm

If I didn't post this, I'd regret it. I don't like living with regret, so here goes.
  • What date did you register as a CS member?: (if it's less than 6 months ago, do not apply)
      March 23, 2009
  • How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): (if it's less than 300, do not apply)
      This post will be my 12,078th post.
  • How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
      Every day, bar any rare mishaps that take away my Internet connection.
  • How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
      At least eight hours, usually more.
  • Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
      I am an admin on the Goennec roleplay forum here, and did some moderating as needed when it was active - it honestly didn't really call much for an admin outside of decorating the boards. They were well-behaved folk. c:
      Also, if it counts, I've taken care of some threads on CS, such as Pound of Hope and, more recently, Jefferson Starships, just to name a couple.
  • Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
      Oh, goodness, yes. ^^; I've used it many, many times, even if I'm not the most magnificent artist out there. c:
  • Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
      Of course. I love looking at art and admiring the skill and improvement on here. <3 I post more on "Created Pets", but I check out all of the boards when I find myself in a lull during the day.
  • Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
      I would like the job because I think I'd be an asset. I'm in the Oekaki boards so much anyway, I'm online for ages at a time, I've got an eye for fishy art theft business, I'm extremely well-mannered on the site and I'm a hard worker that can take a lot. I'm no perfect storm to magically sweep the boards clean entirely by myself, but I can give it my very best shot and see where I land.
  • Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
      As far as moderation or mediation, I've always been one people have turned to for help. As a kid all of the way up through college, I was the one who helped people with their worksheets and projects, sharing what knowledge or labor I could to make their work easier. Since high school, I've also become that friend who always has a listening ear and a ton of advice for resolving conflict. I've had a note in my signature for years welcoming anyone who needs help to contact me, even if I'm not a mod, and I've been contacted often by people looking for assistance. I'm a giant, living reference book for anything from law to relationship management to the arts all the way down to rules on various websites, including CS, and it's proven to be really helpful for a lot of people.
      As for the Oekaki, I'd say I'm between "decently" to "quite" experienced. I've done quite a few of Oekaki works - I believe my gallery's on its 24th page - and I can get around the program very well at this point, at least enough to help out a good portion of people. And I'm always learning, so I expect that to only get better with time.

**As a final note, if chosen to become an Oekaki Mod, I'd be happy to hang around and help the new Fanart Archivists gain their footing. <3 It's the least I could do.
Last edited by Desmond on Sat Mar 22, 2014 10:18 am, edited 3 times in total.
Characters /2/ PikakeClan /4/ F3 Pod
Part of the journey is the end.

ImageImageImage
Desmond
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Solarizing » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:18 am

What date did you register as a CS member?:
    February 21st, 2010

How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying):

How many days a week do you usually visit CS?
    I visit Chicken Smoothie about everyday unless illness or other concerns prevent me from getting internet access.

How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?
    I would say I average about two to three hours on Chicken Smoothie on a weekday, and three to four hours on a Saturday or Sunday. As a high school student I put my studies and outside concerns first, however, Chicken Smoothie takes up a large portion of my free time. I've quit spending time on other websites as I am trying to become more active in the CS community.

Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them
    I have not moderated on a forum site, however, I have plenty of experiences running and managing roleplays, (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) moderating and designing Oekaki adoptables, (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) and even opening an artshop (19) (the majority of commission requests now come through PM when I open them). I'm considering website administration as a future job, and would be glad to have some experience with websites such as Chicken Smoothie.

Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?
    All the time! I currently have 682 drawings in my Oekaki gallery, and CS is one of my favorite places to draw on. My newest posted picture was uploaded on the 3rd of March and I am currently working on an Oekaki drawing this morning.

Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?
    Definitely. The Oekaki is the main reason that I am active on Chicken Smoothie. While I collect the pets and occasionally roleplay, my main interest lies in CS's art community. My current goal is to keep working hard and get my art bumped up from Intermediate to Advanced. ;D

Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?
    Being an Oekaki moderator would be such an amazing experience for me, and while I know it may result in some stress and eat up free time, I know I'll enjoy it. This would be a good experience to develop time management skills that I will use in the near future as I apply for jobs. I believe volunteer work like this will really set me up well, as the careers I'm looking for are currently are in the digital art/animation/graphic design/website administration/web design niche. While I'm on Chicken Smoothie everyday, I'm sort of just lingering, as most of the threads I participate in have slowed down a bit. I will treat my volunteering on CS professionally, and devote what time and skills I can to help keep the CS Oekaki a welcoming and safe website for young artists.

Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position?

I have many attributes that would make me an excellent choice for Oekaki moderator. To begin, I'm an experienced and constantly improving artist. I'm enrolled in a challenging art class at school, and spend all of my free time doing one of four things: art, writing, keeping in touch with friends, or going on Chicken Smoothie. (The Chicken Smoothie visiting and art usually overlap, as I like to draw on the Oekaki.) I can offer constructive and helpful advice to any aspiring artist, and I would be able to sort misplaced pieces to the appropriate board. I'm a compassionate and respectful person, and treat others kindly. I would never be rude or bitter with another, and if a user was snapping out at me or being disrespectful, I would step aside and contact an older moderator to help me out. I can thankfully say I've never gotten into a physical or verbal fight, and I tend to be the "peacemaker" among my peers and friends. I have experience with a good amount of digital art programs such as Gimp, ChibiPaint, Photoshop Elements, and Paint and know how to use the technology to create amazing pieces of artwork.

The only thing I will not be able to offer to this position is an extensive amount of time to volunteer. As much as I would like to devote several hours a day to a position of an Oekaki moderator, I live a very busy life that involves honors and AP classes, music rehearsals, art practice, social events, family matters, and such. Realistically, I will not be able to spend more than one to two hours a day working for Chicken Smoothie because of outside commitments that must come first in order for me to set myself up for college. (However, in the summer this will change, and I will gladly be able to spend more time on the Oekaki boards. =D )

Aside from that, I would absolutely love to monitor Chicken Smoothie's Oekaki. I see myself as an experienced and respectful user, and this job is a perfect fit. I'm very flexible and look forward to this position. Thank you for this opportunity, and I look forward to see our new Oekaki moderators!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
𝕊 𝕆 𝕃 𝔸
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Artist and writer.
Former Oekaki mod.
Still drawing cats.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Solarizing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby badlands. » Sat Mar 15, 2014 8:18 am

APPLICATON
What date did you register as a CS member?: September 30, 2012
How many posts have you made in the forum (at the time of applying): 10888
How many days a week do you usually visit CS?: 7 days a week
How many hours per day do you usually spend on CS, on a day that you do visit?: 15
Have you moderated on any other forums before? If so, please link to them: Nope
Have you ever used the CS oekaki to draw?: Yep!
Do you ever spend much time browsing the oekaki board just to look at the art posted there?: Yes! I find iy fascinating Why do you want to be an oekaki moderator for CS?: Because ever since I started using the internet ive wanter to be a moderator of some sort.
Can you think of any particular skills you can bring to the position (this is not required) (for example have you had any experience in peer mediation? Have you had a ton of experience using the oekaki program?)
badlands.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me