Have C$, want hoard items. Want animal eggs

Trade your CS pets, items or C$ with other members. A great way to collect any outcomes you've missed!

Item Release Guide

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:22 pm

This guide was made for the sole purpose of displaying an items origins and how those origins affect the item's rarity. Listed for all items is: length of time available, amount released, method of release.
This guide is a multi-month long endeavor of information gathered by multiple on site sources.
If you find a mistake on this guide, please PM me with sources.

This guide is absolutely still under construction. I have quite a bit of information, but I felt it I have enough information to start on it. Please do not post. This is a guide, a discussion thread can be made later

How the guide was made
How to use the guide
Complete list of re-released items
How an item's rarity can be determined
Guide start:
2008-2009
Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Sat Mar 12, 2022 12:55 am, edited 3 times in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: H: all rarities, some list pets; W: to finish hoards

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Fri Apr 01, 2016 3:16 pm

How to use the guide

This guide will be mostly text based information. Images are nice but will cause pages to load slower and it's just not feasible to show an image of every item released. A text based guide it much easier to search as well and a standard formatting should show you everything you need to know.

List of terms:

Set - An item set is a group of items that were adopted together and every user is guaranteed to get the same amount. If used in conjunction with luckydip the set is randomized.
Note- in the event of very large sets, instead of text there will instead be a linked image.
luckydip - luckydip items are items that are not guaranteed to be the same outcome. This can be further broken down into three types:
luckydip- - denotes that the amount of items upon adoption is lower than the amount of outcomes
luckydip+ - denotes that the amount of items upon adoption is higher than the amount of outcomes
luckydip= - denotes that the amount of items upon adoption is equal to the amount of outcomes
(#) - a number in parentheses is the amount of items upon adoption
[information] - any information in brackets is an added description to differentiate one item from another of the same name and release date
/ - the / is a separator to show multiple items distribution types within the same adoption box
all - in the event that there's multiple items in a set with different names all will be used instead of listing each item individually.
all other - in the event that there's multiple items with different names all other will be used to group the rest of the items in the same adoption box.

Examples:
link in the archive
Blanket and pillows: set[7 items a set], luckydip+ (20)
The blankets and pillows from this adoption came in sets(with 7 items in a set), but the sets were randomized with more possible than the number of outcomes with 20 item sets max able to be adopted

Candle holders and candles: set candle holders all (1), candles all (6)
There is a set of candles and holders with each user getting 1 of each of the holders and 6 of each candle

Toys: stack dolls set all(1)/Elf clothing set all (1)/ all other, luckydip+(59)
Both the stack dolls and elf clothing sets were guaranteed upon adoption while the rest of the items were luckydip+ with the total of those items being 59, more than the number of total outcomes for the luckydip.
Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How the guide was made

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:07 pm

Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Mon Mar 07, 2022 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How an item's rarity can be determined

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:15 pm

How an Item's rarity can be determined

Item rarity is convoluted at the best and near impossible to put to a formula at the worst. There are varying factors that can be attributed to this that is not present with pets. A pet's rarity is based on many factors that all boil down to its rarity tag. Items do not have a rarity tag so the best solution is to find and pinpoint any and all information surrounding the release of an item, even if it may not be relevant to the overall rarity.

Date of release

An item's release date is vitally important is the date of release. The date an item is release affects it's availability. Over time fewer and fewer older items are in circulation which causes users to "pay' more and more out of the necessity of landing a successful trade. This can resort to drastic overpay. A more recent item will be much easier to find as they will be able to be found with currently users.

Number of days available

To a slightly lesser extent, the number of days an item is available will affect the amount of the item that is adopted. Even an active user can miss an item that's only available for one day. An item available for one day is not normal, usually they are available for at least a few days. Items that are only available for one day are are mostly part of the summer events and advents. On the opposite spectrum, the free items that can be found in the CS store infinitely hold very little value because of their extensive release.

Amount released

One of the biggest factors in determining an item's rarity is the amount released. There is a big difference between just one getting released and two. With two, someone may be more likely to trade the extra, further spreading the item around, making it more available to users. This is even more noticeable with older items. If an item is in a stack of 3 or even 5 or more, it will drastically reduce the lack of availability.

How an item is obtained

This is getting more into specifics and also getting into information that can not be covered by pet equivalences. Items can be obtained in the following ways: Store, Free, Free Store, Banner, Token Exchange, Other.

Store Items
Store items are self explanatory, they are bought with C$. There are three types of store items: Retired, Current, and Cycled. Retired store items are well, retired. They were available for a certain amount of time and then were removed from the store to not be obtainable again. The lack of interest in store items and items in general can result in reduced availability, especially with older items. Current store items are store items that are still available. Even though they're continuously available, they still cost C$ and people are not likely to buy them. The last type of store items are Cycled, or items that are available for an amount of time but will be brought back. The only current example are the birthstone gems available on the Accessory page of the store.

Store items are hard to pinpoint because the availability directly lies in people who are willing (or CAN!) buy them. This further diminishes the amount that is in circulation.

Free Items
Free items are event items that take one click and you get the items! This is the most common way items are released and are one of the most common types you can find. All free items are event items, there are no monthly releases that are available throughout the month like pets.

Free Store Items
Free store items are as previously stated, items in the store that cost no C$. They're a one time adopt but are continuously available.

Banner Items
Banner items are items that can be randomly gotten through event banners from the Easter, summer, or Summer events every 20 minutes. There is only a set amount of times a banner can be clicked to receive a prize and that number is determined separately for each event. Furthermore, these items can be separated into two types: Token and non-token. Tokens are only refereed to as tokens, not token items! Token items are a different item. Tokens are used to trade in for pets, items, and sometimes other items. This is all dependent on the event taking place. Non-token items are just items received from the banner that can be collected or used on pets. There is no exchange provided for these items. What items or tokens you will get from the banner is dependent on the event itself.

------ Easter
Easter is very consistent as an event and will always have the Animal Eggs as their Banner items. On a couple occasions Easter has had other items gotten through the banner as well, namely 2013 and 2014. Easter events will have 4 egg tokens with one of them being slightly rarer in number than the others. The first Easter event was in 2009 but this one behaved very differently from the ones we are familiar since 2010.

----- Summer Event
Summer event items are dependent on the event itself. This is the most varied of all the events and sometimes the most complicated. A summer event can have half a dozen or several dozen items and tokens that are gotten through the banner. To add on to that, some of the tokens can be traded in for other tokens. But wait, there's more! Not only is there the usual event banner but summer events also have another intractable location that gives different prizes and tokens once an hour (as opposed to once every 20 minutes for the regular banner). There may also be other special conditions regarding tokens for summer events. Sometimes tokens are not apparently tokens because there is no way to exchange them for anything at the time. Some tokens were picked up from event pages and not the banner. The summer events all progress differently as the even goes on. The first summer event was in 2011, yet it worked differently than the ones from 2012 onward.

----- Halloween
Halloween is very straightforward, much like Easter. There are sometimes banner items and sometimes pets and on occasion, both. Halloween events have 3 tokens, usually of the same rarity. Banner items are different and don't follow a pattern like the Easter event. The first Halloween event was in 2008, but this event only had pets given out with no banner to click. The 2009 event began the usual standard we have for Halloween.

Token exchange
Token exchange items, normally referred to as token items, are items that are gotten through exchanging tokens. These items can be gotten on any of the three events with a banner. Due to people prioritizing pets for their tokens, these items tend to end up less common.

Other
There are a select few items that have been obtained by other means, most namely the 2011 DIY cake set. These items will be brought up in the guide on an individual basis.

Distribution

How an item is distributed can boil down to three methods: Single, Set, or Lucky Dip (Luckydip in the guide)
A Single item is just that, an item on its lonesome. It's not common but it does happen. An item Set is a set of items you are guaranteed to get upon adoption. These sets can contain multiples of items, but everyone will get the same ones and the same amount. A Lucky Dip item refers to an item that could be randomly gotten (or not gotten) upon adoption. Items like this are usually gotten through adoption that comes with quite a few other random items. The Lucky Dip items can be further broken down into three types explained in the "How to Use this Guide" section. These types are not differentiated or named on Chicken Smoothie, but it is absolutely important to know the difference:

luckydip- - denotes that the amount of items upon adoption is lower than the amount of outcomes
luckydip+ - denotes that the amount of items upon adoption is higher than the amount of outcomes
luckydip= - denotes that the amount of items upon adoption is equal to the amount of outcomes

The amount of items of items obtained through a Lucky Dip adoption versus the amount of outcomes varies. With luckydip+, after swapping your extras for a full set, you may have a few leftovers, or a lot. With luckydip- you will not have enough extra items to swap for all the outcomes. There are some instances where this difference is drastic. There's even others where some items in a luckydip adoption are rarer than others. Luckydip- has not been a concern for item collectors for some years now as it has been phased out in favor of luckydip+. It is still a concern for older items as it definitely impacted the availability of some items.

Item and event type

Though an item type will not necessarily affect free items, it will definitely affect Token items and Store items. There are certain items people are less likely to spend their C$ and tokens on certain items because of various reasons. Costumes are usually unpopular especially if they only fit "low demand" species such as rats and horses. Scenery items, plushies, and wigs typically are fairly popular and are more likely to be purchased or exchanged for. It is not always going to be easy to tell when an item will be heavily adopted or not. Furthermore, certain events such as the Advent may attract a larger amount of people, further helping the items gotten from that event to be adopted more. Certain smaller, or more obscure event may be completely missed.

Re-released items

Some items have been re-released and it's a good idea to know which ones. An item that has been re-released will definitely affect it's rarity. The item guide will go further into re-released items and list them as re-releases where necessary, or you can check a full re-released items guide

Communication and awareness

Last but not least, there's communication and awareness. Communication by staff for events has been minimal if not non-existent in some cases so users can discuss things among themselves. This has resulted in some confusion by members especially on some older events. Summer events can be complicated which causes some users to miss free items.
Tokens on a pet are not safe and still count toward token amounts shown on site and can still be exchanged while the tokens are on the pet. Even though there's a warning on the amount of time to exchange tokens, there's always someone who forgets and ends up with a lot of surplus tokens they cant use. Tokens from one event cannot be used in another. Sometimes an item will have a description on the amount of times it can be adopted, meaning that's the amount of times you can click to receive items. These various things will not affect a single items rarity, but it is something to keep in mind when item collecting or trading.

Conclusion

There are various factors in determining an item's rarity, some more complex than others. Something to keep in mind is that items are not normally re-released. The good thing is that all items have to go somewhere. They cannot be deleted like pets can. items either belong to a user or the Lost and Found. An exception would possibly be token exchange NPCs, in which case those items are deleted by staff. Items tend to also be given out by users who quit, which tends to keep many older items in circulation. As a tip when looking to trade for items, always do research and keep in mind to use C$ or tokens or trade for items when they are current, do not wait. They may be more difficult to find later on.
Last edited by Wookieinmashoo on Mon Mar 07, 2022 9:58 am, edited 12 times in total.
Wookieinmashoo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: H: CS$ W: Non-hoard wishlist items

Postby Wookieinmashoo » Sat Apr 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Wookieinmashoo

My pets