Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

Re: [BRIGHT!] The NERVE of some people...!!!

Postby 67Phlox » Fri Mar 29, 2024 4:40 am

Thank you guys !! :00

Cassini wrote:sketches are cool! it's always a good day when there's a new 67phlox drawing, so whatever you're wanting to draw is a total win for me :] (and congrats on the feature wow!!)

rem sleep wrote:
      i LOVE the bright color drawings you've been making lately!! then again i'm a huge fan of neons, so these burn the eyes just right >:3 the purple sketches are cool too!! it's productive and fun to post sketches, i think! do whatever makes you happy and make what you enjoy. i think that's what really matters most!

Ahh, I'm so happy to hear that ;w;
Neons / bright colours are so good at cheering me up when I'm down hence why I tend to use them rather often C: Just to spread the happiness, I guess!

So, since this format is doing well / not too annoying to you (+ not straining me as much as an irregular post schedule that I had pre-hiatus), I'll keep practicing ^^ !! Here's to a better future, haha
67Phlox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aldersnap » Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:57 pm

So pretyyy
ImageImageImageImage

Feed them? I'd love to see them hatch 💕
Aldersnap

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fiendish » Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:12 pm

lovely art!
i am the trashman guardian of the trash
(yes i know it is MARCH now)
fiendish

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoveCG » Mon Apr 01, 2024 10:25 am

67Phlox wrote:Thursday in a few hours.

i need to change i need to change i need to change
a lot of things annoy me these days, not made of rhino skin
but I should be able to handle it better

Uhh, anyway. Tomorrow more sketches. How's this format going for you, guys?

Asking to see if the purple sketches are annoying in your feed. I could maybe throw in more colour like in this [BRIGHT!]. Plus, update the oekaki "shop" front to sth more colourful (in the future). Then again, drawing other's characters, despite it being mostly for practice and finding my style, makes me nervous sometimes. What if I mess up and churn out sth not even resembling the oc I was trying to draw in the first place??? :( Moreover, colouring in takes more time for me (but dw, I'd manage!)

Please respond if you're able to / want to, I guess. I would like some input on this, if that's okay. :?

You have a right to be annoyed, frustrated, or angry about the bad things that happen in your life, regardless of how minor they seem to be. I don't know any of the details but your irritation could be completely justified. That said, if it bothers you how you respond, there's nothing wrong with finding better methods. No one is perfect; we're all struggling in our own ways.

Also, don't worry about churning out something that barely resembles an OC. For one, most characters can have a lot of variation through artistic interpretation before you reach something that doesn't feel right at all, especially if you're using references and focused on making it look like them. Just consider all the fanart you've seen within a fandom that are wildly different but feel just right or close enough that you know right away who it is. I think you'll do fine and anybody would be happy to have you draw their OC. So don't worry too much about it! In fact, if you wanted to and they had enough references, you could try practicing character consistency from different angles or something.

Anyway, I hope things are going well for you! Thank you for making such lovely art and sharing it. :mrgreen:
DoveCG

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me