Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!

Click here to see the full Art Rules!
Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this Guide to the Oekaki!

just leave me alone by coffee.berry

Artist coffee.berry [gallery]
Time spent 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

just leave me alone

Postby coffee.berry » Thu May 16, 2024 11:27 pm

hi guys there's a vent/rant below, highlight the text if you want to read it.
    otherwise just enjoy a little doodle i made.
    i am so unsettled right now. i want to cry because this isn't making me feel
    safe at all. so basically for a few months, this one girl, let's call her el, has
    been waving to me whenever she can. that was ok, she seemed pretty nice.
    she started coming over and talking to me and my bsf sometimes, and that
    i didn't mind either. but today i was hugging another close friend of mine
    whom i've known for eight years, mind you, when el comes over to me & her.
    she says "hi! can i have a hug too?" before i continue, let me tell you i was
    hugging my close friend like, a BEAR HUG. and i was really uncomfortable
    because i do NOT know this girl at all (she's asked for my socials as well
    which i haven't given her) and she was just there. asking me for a hug.
    i didn't want to hurt her feelings so i said yes and gave her a quick little
    awkward hug and left with my friend but guys. now she's going to think
    we're like best friends. and i don't want to hug her again. i don't know her.
    i bet she probably has a crush on me, and that makes it even more
    awkward because i don't like her back at all. it's just so uncomfortable and
    i'm about to cry because idk what to do.
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: just leave me alone

Postby COOLDOGOOO » Thu May 16, 2024 11:32 pm

[teeny text below]
omg vai im so sorry to hear that. i totally get your awkward position... i really hope that it gets better for you. im super sorry to hear that youre going through this, and if you want to talk, im always hear for you <33 if youd prefer to talk on discord lmk and ill give it to you <33
JUST CAME BACK FROM HIATUS !
Coming back after a hiatus! I didn't check my oekaki notifs, and had 1k+ unread. I don't have the time to check them all, unfortunately, so if there is something you'd like me to check/be aware of, please PM me! <33 I hope you understand! (art coms are still open, for USD only and considering c$)

my toyhouse <3

Check out Vidapup's free
sig pets
! <3

Please consider commissioning me; I appreciate it a lot! <3

had last 1426 oekaki
COOLDOGOOO

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby coffee.berry » Fri May 17, 2024 1:46 am

COOLDOGOOO wrote:[teeny text below]
omg vai im so sorry to hear that. i totally get your awkward position... i really hope that it gets better for you. im super sorry to hear that youre going through this, and if you want to talk, im always hear for you <33 if youd prefer to talk on discord lmk and ill give it to you <33

[teeny text again below]
    thank you so much, dogooo<3 i'm so grateful that i have such supportive friends<33 atm i don't have my own discord but i'll definitely let you know if i get one<3
coffee.berry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Fri May 17, 2024 2:32 pm

i love your style vai <3 i just wanted to write a note and say i will be responding to this tomorrow but i was so busy today <3 i hope you're ok
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Sat May 18, 2024 1:33 pm

okay i'm back <3

this is something i've thought a lot about since you posted this and i wanted to say that just so you know i really was thinking about this. i'm somebody who hugs people very liberally - i love physical touch but i always ask for consent beforehand. it's good that she asked for your permission beforehand, but i do think that it's a bit odd that she just came right up to you when you were with your friend. like it's not like you could say "no" to that, which is something she may've been aware of (but i don't want to put words into her mouth or frame her).

i'm glad you haven't given her your socials, especially if it makes you uncomfortable. do you distance yourself from her? is she the sole one putting effort into making it a friendship? i know it sounds mean but if she's genuinely making you uncomfortable you may have to snap at her once or twice, just to assert that you are, in fact, not friends.

idk i'm not 100% about any of this advice since it's a really tough situation. do you have any updates?

♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby berketexspet » Sat May 18, 2024 1:37 pm

the best thing you can do is tell a trusted adault. but first tell them that you don't want to be friends with them and that you are uncomfortable with giving hugs.
Image Have a smooth-tastic day!
berketexspet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me