*. * ·Sprigons*. * · | Field Research! (open!) by Kitteh

Based on Click to view
Artist Kitteh [gallery]
Time spent 17 minutes
Drawing sessions 1
6 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

*. * ·Sprigons*. * · | Field Research! (open!)

Postby Kitteh » Tue Apr 30, 2024 2:13 am

Home | MYOs | Nursery | Traits | Discussion | Artist Tryouts | Archive | Shop

Field Research
The Cryptozoologists have been very busy following up on a lead about new Sprigon Elements! However, they need your help doing research out in the field! What kind of mysteries will you help them uncover?

Rules:

You may conduct field research once per week, until the event ends! (current end date: May 31st)

Outcomes are rolled using a random number generator. You may find items or a new Sprigon, and you can even uncover new Sprigon lore in the process!

Feel free to use roleplay elements in your posts! You may choose to bring a helper if you'd like to involve any of your current Sprigons in your research for story purposes!

Your first Research entry will automatically earn a Coloring Ticket for Color a Thing, get a Sprigon!

You may choose to conduct the following types of research:

Testing the Water!
Increases the chance of finding Water Trait items or Water Sprigons!

Testing the Soil!
Increases the chance of finding Earth Trait items or Earth Sprigons!

Testing the Air Quality
Increases the chance of finding Sky Trait items or Sky Sprigons!

Exploring for evidence!
Anything goes! An even chance of finding any sort of Trait item or Sprigon.

Field Research Form:
Code: Select all
[size=130][b]Exploring the Unknown![/b][/size]
[b]Username + ID:[/b]
[b]Type of Research:[/b]
[b]Bringing a helper?:[/b]
[b]Link to helper:[/b] (if applicable)
[b]Link to previous research post:[/b] (optional - if you wish to keep your entries as a congruent adventure)
[b]Writing:[/b] (optional - if you'd like roleplay elements to your research!)
︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿
Kit ⇛ She/Her ⇛ I liek cats
ToyhouseDA©
﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀
Kitteh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: *. * ·Sprigons*. * · | Field Research! (open!)

Postby Apollione » Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:52 am

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: Apollione + 373946
Type of Research: Testing the Water!
Bringing a helper?: Yes!
Link to helper: Zazu
Link to previous research post: N/A
Writing: It is said that these waters hide great treasure. Once Zazu has heard of it, she had to come here herself and look for it, hoping she would find lots and lots of gold. After all, it's something she likes the most! Nothing looks better on her than those nice, shiny yellow things!
~~~~ ✺ ~~~~
Hellooo, I'm Apollione but I go by Apollo!
Any | Ace | INFP-T
I don't really care about pronouns, you can use any you want.
Anime | Manga | Games
I don't watch anime so much anymore but I play a lot of games. Genshin, RDO, Divinity... I just started playing FFXIV and I'm in love.
Writing | RP
Writing is my biggest passion although I'm often stuck with writer's block. I'm still trying to create the stories that are stuck in my head.
Dragons! | Shifters! | Magic!
Yeeaaaa, you prob already guessed it. I have a thing for fantasy stuff.
~~~~ ✺ ~~~~
Apollione

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BaachenBits » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:42 am

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: BaachenBits 1064075
Type of Research: Testing the Soil!
Bringing a helper?: You bet!
Link to helper: Miles
Link to previous research post: Currently None.
Writing: Miles has a new-found project it seems. The other day, he approached me with a small shovel in paw and a bucket over his head as a helmet declaring "MAKE WAY! This is now an excavation site!"
So of course I had to ask just what he was doing. He eagerly told me about his new "scientific venture", and how he was going to dig up soil samples and test them for "strange and abnormal tastes". I gently reminded him not to eat dirt, and asked him why he felt this was neccessary.
Apparently, Shirl had mentioned that there was something different about the grass and soil... something "strange, unusual and new." I'm not sure what that means, but that Sprigon always seemed to have a sixth sense for these kinds of things. And if Miles was invested in this investigation, someone would need to make sure he didn't get carried away.
So this week Miles and I are going to do a little digging together. I even bought a few new "scientific" tools for us to play with. Even if nothing comes out of it, I know Miles will have a good time. He has invited some of the other yard critters to join him. So I'm about to have my hands full this week...
ImageImageImageImage Image
The world is ending, and yet the barbs continue...
Toyhou.se|Instagram
ImageImageImage
BaachenBits

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Key.dah.hyena » Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:58 am

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: key.dah.hyena 986624
Type of Research: Testing the waters!
Bringing a helper?: Yes! Bringing two of my sprigon friends!
Link to helper: Bug and Hare
Link to previous research post: None yet! frist exploration!
Writing: Sitting at a tropical beach with bug and hare, both of them were fooling around at the shore. They were very curious of what would lie in the waters.. If there are any other sprigon friends in the deep depths? Bug and hare never saw any other element sprigons other than sky. "Do you think there would be someone new to play with us in the waters?" asked hare to bug. "I bet! maybe if i find the end of my tail we can use that as a fishing line" Bug jokingly said and giggled. Hare could only roll thir eyes and smile at bug. They both continued to hover over the waters to attemt to spot anything new!
ImagexImage
NORDEN ────────
    Any Pronouns
    German/English
─────────────────
the sadness
─────────────────

Key.dah.hyena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pupfawn » Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:20 am

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: Pupfawn 1086471
Bringing a helper?: no
Link to helper: (if applicable)
Link to previous research post: (optional - if you wish to keep your entries as a congruent adventure)
Writing: (optional - if you'd like roleplay elements to your research!)
Pupfawn
Trades always open!
INFP-T
Dragon Superfan
HalfDragon02 on Flight Rising and Madelynn #1683073 on Furry Paws
ImageImageImageImage
ImageImageImageImageImage

Pupfawn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizaka » Tue Apr 30, 2024 7:10 am

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: Aizaka + 995625
Type of Research: Exploring for evidence!
Bringing a helper?: Yes
Link to helper: Here
Link to previous research post: first one
Writing: (optional - if you'd like roleplay elements to your research!)
Aizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Spiritstar3 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 8:31 am

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID:
Spiritstar3
Type of Research:
Water
Bringing a helper?:
Not this first time
Link to helper:
N/A
Link to previous research post:
N/A
Writing:
N/A (I don't really know what to write)
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Eevee55 » Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:06 pm

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: Eevee55 + 1033286
Bringing a helper?: No
Link to helper: n/a
Link to previous research post: n/a
Writing: I gather my supplies and set out to begin searching for anything out of the ordinary, or that might help with the ongoing research. Throughout my exploration, I regularly take small samples of the soil and various plant life in the area to examine later. I wonder what I will discover...
Despite everything,

Image Image Image
Heya, I'm Eevee!
Thank you so much to twinkle! for the adorable avatar!

It's still you.

Eevee55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Griff » Tue Apr 30, 2024 4:54 pm

Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: Griff 254592
Type of Research: Testing the Waters!
Link to helper: Blossom
Writing: Blossom was more of a flowers and earth kind of sprigon, but this time curiosity had gotten the better of her! But she sure was not about to get wet and dirty alone! Someone had to help clean and dry her fur afterwards. And that someone was myself. Though, admittedly, I was curious too and helped wade into the waters to try and find new discoveries.
Griff

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kitteh » Wed May 01, 2024 8:07 am

Results!
.  . . ° . °:. * ° . . ° * .:° . ° . . .
Apollione wrote:Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: Apollione + 373946
Type of Research: Testing the Water!
Link to helper: Zazu
Writing: It is said that these waters hide great treasure. Once Zazu has heard of it, she had to come here herself and look for it, hoping she would find lots and lots of gold. After all, it's something she likes the most! Nothing looks better on her than those nice, shiny yellow things!

Zazu hovered above the lake, peering into its dark depths. Her thoughts wandered to tales about human shipwrecks and buried treasure that held countless amount of shinies, and for a moment she wondered why those silly humans would allow such riches to be lost in the first place. In a split moment a glint shimmered below the surface, and without a second thought Zazu dived. She re-emerged, uncomfortably soaked but carefully holding a golden treasure. Looking down at her prize, she saw... a goldfish? The distressed fish coughed up its last meal before gracelessly flopping out of her hands and back into the water below.
The gold-adorned Sprigon sighed as the fish darted away, but what was left in her hands was suddenly much more interesting. A spherical and magical treat, beloved among Sprigons; this one was chocolate, with decadent layers and a rich ganache filling...

[M] Chocolate Truffle Puff has been added to your inventory! (Feed this to your Sprigon and it will gain 1 Mythical Trait of your choice!)

BaachenBits wrote:Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: BaachenBits 1064075
Bringing a helper?: You bet!
Link to helper: Miles
Link to previous research post: Currently None.
Writing: Miles has a new-found project it seems. The other day, he approached me with a small shovel in paw and a bucket over his head as a helmet declaring "MAKE WAY! This is now an excavation site!"
So of course I had to ask just what he was doing. He eagerly told me about his new "scientific venture", and how he was going to dig up soil samples and test them for "strange and abnormal tastes". I gently reminded him not to eat dirt, and asked him why he felt this was neccessary.
Apparently, Shirl had mentioned that there was something different about the grass and soil... something "strange, unusual and new." I'm not sure what that means, but that Sprigon always seemed to have a sixth sense for these kinds of things. And if Miles was invested in this investigation, someone would need to make sure he didn't get carried away.
So this week Miles and I are going to do a little digging together. I even bought a few new "scientific" tools for us to play with. Even if nothing comes out of it, I know Miles will have a good time. He has invited some of the other yard critters to join him. So I'm about to have my hands full this week...

Excavation had been going as planned! Keyword: had. The dig plot had been marked with a grid of red yarn to keep an accurate record of findings. You were finally able to convince Miles that, no, an excavator rental was not necessary for this endeavor. Digging was finally fully underway, using brightly colored plastic shovels and with the enlisted help of two local rabbits, a mean-sounding squirrel, and a shady raccoon who seemed less interested in manual labor and more interested in what you find.
"I found something!" The fateful squeak from Miles that would send the excavation spiraling into chaos.
The raccoon had been waiting for her chance to pounce, and she was first on scene to help Miles uncover the treasure. She began fidgeting with something in the ground, and before you had the chance to intervene, she had convinced the excited Sprigon to help her pull up whatever was embedded in the dirt. Time freezes as the 'treasure' is finally freed, and the raccoon is left holding a shrew by the tail. Absolute panic ensued as around a dozen angry shrews emerged from a disturbed nest, the assault mice indiscriminately jumping and snapping at any bystanders. The red strings of the excavation site were trampled by a fleeing raccoon; tools and snacks were sent flying as the rabbits crashed through them. The chaos was only quelled by the squirrel, who called in reinforcements to launch acorns at the angry vermin.
As the shrew family retreated, you looked around for Miles, who, by the power of flight, was unscathed. Slapping his bucket-helmet, he seemed quite impressed by his own preparation for this highly unlikely war. Gently gliding over to you, he unveils that he had, indeed, found a treasure; something that the shrews had been hoarding!

[C] Sweet Puff has been added to your inventory! (Feed this to your Sprigon and it will gain 1 Common Trait of your choice!)

Key.dah.hyena wrote:Exploring the Unknown!
Username + ID: key.dah.hyena 986624
Type of Research: Testing the waters!
Bringing a helper?: Yes! Bringing two of my sprigon friends!
Link to helper: Bug and Hare
Link to previous research post: None yet! frist exploration!
Writing: Sitting at a tropical beach with bug and hare, both of them were fooling around at the shore. They were very curious of what would lie in the waters.. If there are any other sprigon friends in the deep depths? Bug and hare never saw any other element sprigons other than sky. "Do you think there would be someone new to play with us in the waters?" asked hare to bug. "I bet! maybe if i find the end of my tail we can use that as a fishing line" Bug jokingly said and giggled. Hare could only roll thir eyes and smile at bug. They both continued to hover over the waters to attemt to spot anything new!

As the pair continued their journey, they found themselves once more alongside the coast when Hare spotted something interesting deep in a rocky cliffside overlooking the water. The two wandered closer, and what was a dark speck between two rocks ended up being a seaside cave!
"We gotta go in there." Bug's eyes were wider than ever, and they gazed at the foreboding, jagged entrance.
"For sure. There's gotta be something cool in there." Hare chimed in agreement, their voice a whisper of awe.
The pair abandoned any fear and entered, accompanied by the roar of the waves and the drip, drip of the condensation from the stalactites. They followed a small underground river, which gradually opened up into a large cavern with an underground lake illuminated by dappled light peeking in through small holes in the ceiling. Overwhelmed by the sight, Bug did not notice the long, slithering movement of a creature in the water below; however, Hare did. They watched carefully as the aquatic being moved slowly towards a rock platform in the middle of the lake; it had large, red eyes that were locked directly with their own. Suddenly, a finned head and tiny arms emerged from the surface as an object was placed on the rock; afterwards, with a large splash, the creature vanished.
"Whoa, what was that!?" Bug was startled back into reality by the sudden noise.
"I think... I think that might have been one of the friends we were looking for!" Hare began softly, but grew more excited as what they had witnessed began to process. "I think they left us a gift!"
The two Sprigons spiraled their way downward to the small rocky platform, where a brilliant purple clamshell waited. "Ooh, can I open it!?" Bug grabbed the shell, looking hopefully at Hare.
"Let's open it together!" Hare smiled.
The two each held the clamshell with one hand, using the other to lift the top. Inside was what looked like a small pearl, but smelled like food! It was a Sweet Puff; a treat prized among Sprigons, and certainly a gift from a fellow Sprigon! Bug and Hare would return to you with quite a story to tell!

[C] Sweet Puff has been added to your inventory! (Feed this to your Sprigon and it will gain 1 Common Trait of your choice!)
︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿︿
Kit ⇛ She/Her ⇛ I liek cats
ToyhouseDA©
﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀﹀
Kitteh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me