Range Trotter #4684 by vak

Based on Click to view
Artist vak [gallery]
Time spent 1 hour, 4 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #4684

Postby vak » Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:44 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

comp wrote:to win, tell me how your day was c:
      ends: 4/19

Username: ♥ mizu
      Show Name: silverbell's symphony
      Barn Name: bell

Height: 14.7hh
      Eye Color: Honey, Honey
      Phenotype: Black Gray
      Genotype: Ee aa ff GG
      -This trotter is a carrier for flaxen (ff).
Last edited by vak on Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby strangetales » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am

Username: strangetales
    Show Name: tbd
    Barn Name: onkel
    Height: 15.2hh
    Halter: artist's choice
    Prompt: my day was great! i was at the doctor this morning, went shopping and then went to a friend to bake a carrot cake c:
strangetales

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #4684

Postby spiritbox » Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:33 am

Username: spiritbox
    Show Name: sweetheart's song
    Barn Name: aurora
    Height: 14.9hh
    Halter: light pink / rosy pink
    Prompt: i have been writing a lot today!! i also studied for a psych exam that i think i'll do well on :3 so pretty good day!
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage
xxxxxxxx
xxxx
xxxxxxxx
daiyu
˚. ⊹ he/she/star | adult
therian + queer agender
i'm neurodivergent! b patient!

horses
|| stars || cloud catchers

spiritbox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizaka » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:31 am

Username: Aizaka
    Show Name: Dappled Light On Snow
    Barn Name: Drift
    Height: 14.3 hh
    Halter: A blue or grey tone perhaps?
    Prompt: My day's alright I think. I'm dogsitting for my parent's this week while they help my uncle and grandma who have medical issues. I forgot to eat until like 10 am? And need to go get more medicine for the dog. My aunt's birthday is Saturday and I have no idea what to get someone who is perpetually getting rid of things? Need to be a little more productive today and stop eyeballing the berry flavored trolli sour worms and mini m&m's next to my laptop.
    Basically, brain is working more than body rn. ^_^" But the day's only half over! I can still do some! *she says hopefully...*
Aizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arcadia. » Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:39 am

Username: arcadia.
      Show Name: wr’s you’re my phantom limb
      Barn Name: phantom
      Height: 14.1hh
      Halter: earthy green
      Prompt: it’s been okay! we’ve been blessed with a little snow and it’s very pretty. I did have to take a std. test but I think I did okay. I also had an interview for a position that will look very good on my résumé if I get accepted.
      also somehow stayed in bed for like half an hour under my heated blanket playing totk 😭
arcadia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Sat Apr 20, 2024 2:24 pm

Halter: light pink, a bit lighter than her muzzle please :)
    Prompt:
honestly? it's been good. lazy, but good. i was sick today so i stayed home and slept quite a lot. i don't feel super sick, mainly just tired, but it was nice regardless. then i got my computer up and running after it was in the repair shop for about a week (i'm on it now! :D). i had some tea and did a whole lot of nothing and i just finished drawing one of my newest ocs (here: Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4957903) which was really nice! i'm currently writing for this trotter then i might go make some green tea and do some work as i haven't been able to do any for a week. my school relies solely on google classroom for work and it's incredibly tedious to do it on a school chromebook soooo... i have a lot to do x) wish me luck!
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vak » Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:07 am

♥ mizu wrote:
    Prompt:
honestly? it's been good. lazy, but good. i was sick today so i stayed home and slept quite a lot. i don't feel super sick, mainly just tired, but it was nice regardless. then i got my computer up and running after it was in the repair shop for about a week (i'm on it now! :D). i had some tea and did a whole lot of nothing and i just finished drawing one of my newest ocs (here: Forum/viewtopic.php?t=4957903) which was really nice! i'm currently writing for this trotter then i might go make some green tea and do some work as i haven't been able to do any for a week. my school relies solely on google classroom for work and it's incredibly tedious to do it on a school chromebook soooo... i have a lot to do x) wish me luck!

congrats!
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ♥ mizu » Fri Apr 26, 2024 2:44 pm

vak wrote:
♥ mizu wrote:
    Prompt:

congrats!

oh my GOSH, i adore her!!! thank you so so so so much, she's one of my fav range trotters i've ever seen and i'm so happy to give her a home <3 ;-;
♥ mizu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me