|| Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby tigressa » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:40 am

[ Main Event Page ] [ Prompts ] [ Bank ] [ Games ]

Day 10: Rooster
standard shine edit, hair edit, tooth
common tail edit, longer fur
uncommon ear edit

I should be doing hw abahsbahsw;
For this kal, tell me about what they do at dawn.
Code: Select all
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]10 word personality:[/b]
[b]What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)[/b]

Ends on March 10th, 2018 at 11:59 pm EST
Check the time here
No extra's
Prettying up the form is fine (but I'm not judging that + I am on mobile so...)
Editing and Reservation posts are fine
Last edited by tigressa on Sun Mar 04, 2018 7:37 am, edited 5 times in total.
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: || Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby chunkypeanutbutter » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:44 am

Username: chunkypeanutbutter
Name: gohan
10 word personality: He is a loud show-off, and proud of his identity.
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.).

Gohan loves to strut his stuff and show everyone what he's got. He's an incredible dancer and loves to take his skill to the street. In the plaza, you can find him there, dancing among the other street performers and having a good time. Every now and then, he'll get into a dance battle with a fellow dancer, but it's all in good fun.

wip this guy is GORGEOUS <33
Last edited by chunkypeanutbutter on Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
chunkypeanutbutter

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby witchcrafting » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 am

Username:
Name:
10 word personality:
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.)

mark ^^
• George • He/They • Funnee Block Men Enjoyer
TH

witchcrafting

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kittykore » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 am

Username: Jack Name: Louis 10 word personality: Hard-Head, Bitter, Serious, Rude, Sarcastic, Flirty, Stubborn, Insecure, Charismatic, Introvert
Last edited by kittykore on Sat Mar 03, 2018 3:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
kittykore

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 am

Username: Dreamlight
Name:
10 word personality: Why you still here, get lost kid. Fine. I’ll help.
Wowee! Res!
Last edited by Jippy on Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rooster || Lunar New Year Adopts

Postby 薄桜鬼 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 am

Username: 薄桜鬼
Name: 金凤 (Jīn Fèng/Gold “Phoenix”)

What do they do at the crack of dawn?
An earthen kal, dyed in deep golds, reds, and browns with stunning golden eyes, sat atop a building, the building appearing as though to simulate ancient architect with modern “creative liberties” taken, a rather uncanny sight. This sight was nothing new to the lone kal. All around him lie this uncanny mix of modern and ancient, it was all he knew. In this world, the strums of ancient instruments and chants of ritual performance theatre are heard along the common conversations of school-age children, talking about the latest T.V. shows, social media posts, technologies.

Sitting atop his apartment building, the earthen kal basked in the mist of the early morning, finding the breeze’s caresses gentle and freeing. The clouded, navy sky gave way to the cooler hues, proof of the passage of time. The cooler hues scarcely peering through the cityscape, the shadows of the looming modern, city buildings lessening as the sky brightened.

As though offering up a gift each morning, the wind gently carried the sounds of a tune-- an echo of the player’s heart. Plucks, glides, and flicks of an aged zither carried, each note so expertly played, an echo of experience, an echo of his heart. As though swept away, the roguesque earthen kal found himself, eyes closed, lightly humming the tunes. Fully enamored in his humming, time seemed to race by, leaving him to his peace, untouched.

Eventually, the kal opened his eyes and began to carry on a sort of routine of his. Continuing his humming, he pulled out a cell phone, opening it to a calendar with a clickable schedule each day. Though the early mornings are his escape, he formed a sort of chill productivity out of it, using the peaceful tune-filled time to look over the day’s schedule and do needed research for roles, plays, whatever he might need to research for upcoming theatre performances.

The earthen kal’s kinship he felt with the unknown musician, with the tunes he played, was most easily traceable to his origins as a theatre actor. Second was his interests, specifically, he was most fond of dance and music-based theatre.

Cruel as ever, time inevitably passed and the early morning gave way to the sun shining down. The morning already well on its way, the music ceased and with it the humming too. Breathing a slight sigh, as if unwilling to part, the earthen kal got up and officially started his busy day. Though, reluctant, the kal left with a smile, always leaving with the lightest heart, feeling no pressure over the day that awaited. The tunes of the early morning carried away his troubles, in those precious, serene times he knew a true peace.

[Word Counter: 449/500]
Last edited by 薄桜鬼 on Tue Oct 20, 2020 9:42 pm, edited 3 times in total.
薄桜鬼

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:45 am

m ark
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rabbit » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am

Username: tuna fish
Name: Vahl
10 word personality: I will protect you with all of my might.
this boi protecc, and also attacc, but also a snacc

"Ow," I mutter, rubbing my forehead gently. My headache was getting increasingly worse, as the bright sunlight began to peer over the hills in the distance. It was time for my shift to be over. Don't get me wrong, it's not like I hated my position. I enjoy the solace it gives me, but the pressure it includes is intimidating. I am a watchman. If anything were to go amiss when I am at my post, it would be up to me to resolve the issue. If I cannot, then I have failed the town and my family.

The next guard approached me silently, his leather outfit turning a vibrant gold in the rising sunlight. He nodded to me as I stood up-- our way of acknowledging that all was clear. It has been a good night. Taking my leave, I begin the walk back to home.

I enjoy watching the town when it is asleep. Birds and small rabbits peeped out of their little homes from the night, before the children awaken and begin to run around. Shopkeepers will soon set up their stalls for the morning, and schoolmasters will prepare their lessons. The entire town is lit up now in a brilliant gold, as if breaking it from a sleeping spell. Strolling past the library, the owner greets me with a silent bow. He offers me another book, just as he does every day, and I gratefully accept it, handing him the one I had just finished in return. He is one of the few villagers that is awake at this time. I am thankful for his presence and his generosity. My current focus lies with Latin literature-- not the most common here, but interesting to me nonetheless. Nothing quite like sitting down with a cup of herbal tea and a good book.

At last, I have returned to my home. Gently cracking open the door, I tiptoe inside, careful to be as quiet as possible. Typically, when a man returns home, he returns to his spouse and children, if he has any. However, my situation is a little different. My parents died only two years ago, and ever since I have chosen to take care of my siblings, instead of pursuing another man or women with the intent of marriage, which is considered tradition in my village. I would rather ensure my younger siblings' safety, instead of the security of my future. Some consider this a silly choice, for I am sacrificing myself, but this is what I have chosen. I begin to make breakfast for the little ones, before they awaken and get ready for school. Once they leave for school, when the sun fully peeks out over the hills, I can finally rest. While most in my village awaken at this time, it is nearly time for me to sleep, for I must protect those I love.

Dawn may be when others awake, but to me, it is time to rest.

[496/500]
Last edited by Rabbit on Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:22 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Image News BoxImage wrote:Avatar by Nishipu
Kalons
Art in signature by me (below) and Studiomaz (TH)!
Image Links Image wrote: Wife | Princess | Mont | Cinnamon Roll
Image Art Image wrote:

Click the above for my Kalons!
Rabbit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SyntheticFox » Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:46 am

Username: SyntheticFox
Name: Benny

10 word personality:"I court death,sure- I'd say he's got great taste."

"Three Am sharp, we got two hours until dawn.”
the seemingly feathered figure decreed to his followers from upon a rooftop.
"Men, do not, kill."
he ordered his men. The heroic outlaws jumped off of the structure and onto the sturdy tops of the bank, Benny shot the lock to break in. He knew previously that the bank had very poor security, so gaining access to the vault of riches was easy. Everything in their plan was flawless, their plan was so airtight, the only way to mess up would be to parade through the front door.
"Woops"
Benny laughed jokingly opening the entrance to the front and starting the alarm system.
"These idiots really need to lock this door, funny they secure the top though."
Benny sprinted out of the building and got split up from his friends. Men of the law saw the courageous person dash out of the establishment and began a hot pursuit.
"These people just get dumber everyday.."
An officer said to his partner who is still eating his doughnut. The loud screeching sirens echoed through the whole town, but strangely.. the crook was smiling.. It appears the fugitive is confident somehow.. as if he had known this were to happen. Benny made a right turn into a dark alley way, yet the patrolmen were on his tail. He was cornered, an escape nowhere to be seen.The policemen drove their car into the alley where the felon hid.
"Attention all units.. the subject has disappeared.."
Benny managed to climb onto a platform, which was positioned far above where the fuzz thought him to be
"They haven’t changed .. still have years to go before I’m apprehended.”
he thought to himself,
”If they were serious about their job, maybe you’d still be with me, Ma.."
Benny remembers his mom calling the police when an armed lunatic broke into their home, but they weren’t fast enough. He lost the only guardian that he had left. Benny was never adopted, at 18 he was moved almost immediately from his orphanage to a homeless shelter.
"It’s dawn.. just in time.."
Benny dropped the two bags he was carrying and pulled out his pistol, aimed at the sky, and pulled the trigger. The thundering gunshot seemed to pierce beyond the clouds. The noise that normally would cause someone to feel alarmed but yet, its calming..
"Ah the signal! Boss made it out alive again!"
one of Benny’s men exclaimed. Today’s bounty was decidedly dealt out to Benny’s old shelter. “I’d like to make an anonymous donation,”
the gruff kal stated later that day.It was great pride that filled Benny after watching the transaction clear without a problem. Another fruitful morning.
"Hey boss, why do you always fire at dawn? Why not pull the heists at a wiser time?”
Benny merely sighed wistfully, remembering the sun-rays of a familiar beloved smile,
“Because I like to greet the sun, she gets lonely up there.”
Last edited by SyntheticFox on Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:49 am, edited 13 times in total.

▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰ ▰
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello There !

I'm SyntheticFox ! (Or Fox)
Feel free to message me !

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Kalons』✮『Senti』✮『Bigby

SyntheticFox

My pets
My items