Rise | #0049

Postby Nebelung » Fri Feb 09, 2018 5:56 pm

Username: Nebelung
Cat's Name: Daffodilfang
Clan Thread: FeatherClan

Ceremony?:
      Daffodilpaw sat in the center of the Clearing, her gaze stretched wide. Beside her, she could feel the spirit of her brother, encouraging her on with proud murmurs she was almost deaf to. Atop the Gathering Log in front of her was Featherstar herself, her brown and white coat gleaming in the brilliant moonlight that shone overhead. It's shining for you too, Fangstrike, she thought warmly.

"Daffodilpaw?"

"Y-yes?" The fluffy cinnamon-gold tabby she-cat was jolted back into the present at her leader's commanding voice. Beside her on the log sat Cloudfur, the solid white tom purring loudly in amusement. She felt her pelt grow warm and she held her head a little higher, realizing she needed to compose herself. "Sorry! I'm sorry. I was..." Her ears swiveled back. You're supposed to be here, too. You're supposed to be a warrior with me, Fangstrike! Her toes curled in the snow beneath her paws and her head sank in grief.

"Is something the matter?" Featherstar pressed, leaning her head forward. "Are you ill?"

"No," Daffodilpaw told her. My brother isn't here. He isn't getting his warrior name alongside me like he promised! I want him here. I want him to see me! I-- Her thoughts broke off as she felt a warm muzzle touch her cheek. Cloudfur had climbed off the log and was now sitting beside her, trying to comfort her. The cats of FeatherClan had grown silent around her, and all she could hear was the quiet chuffing of Cloudfur's voice. The apprentice closed her eyes, trying to imagine her brother beside her again. But he wasn't there. Not anymore. She tilt her head up to face Featherstar, still sitting atop her place on the Gathering Log, her eyes narrowed slightly in annoyance. "I w-wish to make a request." A soft gasp of alarm came from those around her. But Featherstar didn't respond at all. The apprentice wondered if she'd even heard her. But as the leader nodded her head, Daffodilpaw went on. "I-I would like to be named after m-my brother."

Featherstar was quiet for a long moment. Daffodilpaw could see FeatherClan cats all glancing at one another in unease. Then, with a flick of her brown ear, the Clan leader continued. "Then from this moment on, you shall be known as Daffodilfang. FeatherClan honors your loyalty to us. And your littermate. And we welcome you as a warrior of FeatherClan." A glow of warmth flickered in her copper gaze as FeatherClan cats began chanting her new name.

Daffodilfang turned to face the surrounding cats, a love as powerful as fire surging through her. Among the many faces, her gaze was focused on one, far away to when she and Fangpaw were apprentices, and it smiled as it promised he would be the proudest of all at her ceremony.
Nebelung

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Rise | #0049

Postby clouds-move-on » Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:49 am

Username: ☁Lady Raincloud☁
Cat's Name: Crimsonsparrow
Clan Thread: NocturneClan

Ceremony?:

Sparrow stalked through the forest. He had returned from his long trip northward where he gathered yearly at the human market. Many cats gathered there to get table scraps, fish and whatever else they could scrounge up. He returned, belly full and eyes sparkling as he hummed to himself, heading down the pine path to his den, which was situated under some fallen rocks and pines. However, a new scent met his nose. He started slightly as it hit his nose, the scent of an unfamiliar feline. His pace began to slow as he neared the disaster of fallen pines and stone, his fur beginning to fluff out as he stalked closer. Who'd been in his den?

It was so he soon found himself locked in the arms and claws of a large black tom, and being slammed down into the ground, with a large, furry paw shoving his face into the dirt. Despite his tension at the scent of new cats, he hadn't actually expected a fight. Not being accustomed to it he quickly was bowled over and left pinned as he was, gasping for air as the cat just narrowly avoided piercing his windpipe with his claws.

"H-hey!" He fairly squeaked, finally managing to kick to tom off and step a few paces back. "Hey w-what you think your doing?! This... this is my den, I was just trying to find out who'd been sneaking around it."

"Your den?" Spat the tom, wiping a paw over his muzzle. Sparrow had kicked him in the nose, and a bit of blood now stained his face. "The scent of 'nother cat around here was months stale. Wanna keep your territory, stick to it. It's ours now. I don't plan of givin' it up."

He let out a hiss as he finished, and turned to stalk back inside. Sparrow was furious by this time and trailed him, his tail waving back and forth angrily. "N-now just you w-wait! This is my den, I always leave it for a few days and come right back! You can't just-"

"I can just." Called back to tom, just before his dark spotted pelt merged into the blackness of the den. Sparrow let out a spitting, hissing noise in his annoyance and continued to tail him. He was prepared to rip this cat's ears! However, he started at the sight of another cat laying rather still in the den. The dark spotted cat who'd attacked him was sitting next to him, and the two were already talking in low voices.

"There's two of you?" Sparrow said in a squeaky voice as his former adversary whipped around, his eyes gleaming in the darkness that shrouded him. The large ginger however moved his head to get a better look at the laying cat. He had blood on one of his legs, with haphazardly patched cobwebs. The scent of blood stung Sparrow's nose and he filched as it hit him.

"Wow mister, your pretty beat up! You need a doctor to see that leg of yours!" Sparrow said softly, pity in his voice. Despite his anger at the two he didn't like seeing anyone hurt.

The first tom he'd met blocked his view. "We don't need you nor any doc's help." He said, his voice quivering with some anger. "I know what I'm doing better than any old loner like you. Get out of my face."

-

They had argued for awhile, but in the end Sparrow won. He knew more about the herbs in the area than Edgewalker- his former adversary- did, and came daily to help the two, eventually allowed to stay with them. After all, it WAS still HIS den! With Sparrow's help, Tempestcloud, the injured tom cat, was soon cured and active again. And during this the loner learned more about the two, and vice versa. The warriors told him all about tehir old life in a clan, and Sparrow told them all about the cats of the area, the tradition of the nearby loners, including his visits to the market, as well as all the best places for herbs.

Eventually they all took the trip over to the market together. It was only a few months later, despite his usual way to go annually, but he wanted to show it to them. When they returned, Edgewalker seemed oddly serious. He hadn't been around so many groups of cats since SerenadeClan, and that night, before they went tehir separate ways to sleep, he asked Sparrow a question.

"Hey... I've been thinking. Well, me and my brother have been, anyways! We're thinking of starting our own clan here."

Sparrow blinked, and turned to look at his new friend. He didn't seem very surprised; he'd seen how Edgewalker had seemed so comfortable roudn more cats and less edgy than his usual self when it was just the tree of them.

"Ok." Sparrow said. "... If you want me to leave, er, that's cool I guess."

"No. I want you to join. You know this place well, our clan could do with a cat like you!"

"I'm honored." Sparrow replied, deciding to just go with it. Nothing about it bothered him at all, he might as well.

"What about Crimsonsparrow, for a name?" He asked.

"Sure." Sparrow, now Crimsonsparrow replied, a grin on his face. "Why not?"
Last edited by clouds-move-on on Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:26 pm, edited 9 times in total.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another; as I have loved you, that you also love one another.
By this all will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.

- John 13:34-35

ImageImageImage
2/24/24
temp open to doing stars myos off oekaki for 100+ c$s... dm me

I am no longer active on CS.
- I am keeping all my characters that I haven't readopted out myself, dont ask about em.
- If you want to transfer designs by me out of chicken smoothie closed species from before 8/2/20, YES, you may! Be free. uwu ❤️
- You may also transfer them into other species/groups/arpgs!
- Do not contact me here unless I contacted you first.
- Feel free to send me trades, but you may be waiting awhile.
clouds-move-on

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Simonpet » Mon Feb 12, 2018 7:40 pm

Username: Simonpet
Cat's Name: Coyoteclaw
Clan Thread: Sorrelclan

Ceremony?

"Do you truly wish to be a part of Sorrelclan?" asked Sorrelstar, who was perched on a low branch of the tree in front of Randall.
Simonpet

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mackstarr » Wed Feb 14, 2018 5:42 am

Username: mackstarr
Cat's Name: Rustflower
Clan Thread: Pineclan

Ceremony?:

The sun was shining, almost directly in her eyes, but the small cat did not look away from her leader atop the stone where she sat. Finchstar met her gaze and her heart thudded against her chest, as if it was about to burst out. "Rustpaw," Finchstar called out. "Would you like to come join me?" Her smile was comforting but Rustpaw's legs still quivered as she approached. Somehow, she managed to scramble up next to her leader with minimal embaressment and stood proudly beside her. Her heart was beating so loud she could hardly hear Finchstar as she recited the traditional speech for new warriors. She accepted her duties with a strong "I do" and her fur stood on end with excitement. "Then by the powers of StarClan, I give you your warrior name. Rustpaw, from this moment on you will be known as Rustflower. StarClan honors your sound judgement and spontaniety, and we welcome you as a full warrior of Pineclan." Rustflower's clan cheered and she felt a surge of pride. She would protect her clan forever, until her last days, and would never forget the feeling of family and belonging they all created for each other.
_________

Hi, I'm Mack!
♥adult♥

♥proud cat-mom♥
toyhouse
art shop // DA
bilbo baggins?

mackstarr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Tryout || Dayrunner

Postby Neah » Sun Feb 18, 2018 5:45 am

Placebo wrote:
Username: Placebo
Cat's Name: Dayrunner, previously Damien (Daystar if I win)
Clan Thread: Floodclan (will link if I win, I'm trying out for this kid as a founder)

The sharp tang of ozone in the air promised new beginnings.

Ceremony wrote:“Hold still, boy.”

The peat soil under Damien’s paws crumbled as he dug his claws into the ground. He hissed through his teeth as Moon tugged on a particularly nasty burr wedged in his pelt. The older female, though usually exceedingly gentle with Damien, was unsympathetic as she worked along his matted coat. “You brought this on yourself chasing that squirrel through briars, of all things,” She said as she pulled out another burr, and with it a mouthful of his dirty fur. Damien bit back a yelp as he flinched away.  

“But it was so big, Nana,” He mewed, and though he tried to hide it, a whine crept into his voice. Moon answered with another tug to his pelt, and she laid a heavy paw on Damien’s flank when he tried to squirm away.

At Damien’s side, Silk resumed his long, soothing strokes against Damien’s cheek once the cinnamon tom stilled. Silk’s gentle grooming was a welcome counterpoint to Moon’s roughness. The pale tom snorted at Damien’s complaints, and mewed, “You know she’s right, kitten.”

Damien huffed as he laid his head on his paws and pretended to accept the grooming session with an air of exasperation. Though he couldn’t deny that he was secretly relieved at the way the two elders fussed over him like they did when he was a kit. Usually he’d wheedle his way out of their overly-doting paws, since he wasn’t a kit, thank you, but… considering how this year’s dry season and subsequent drought put him through a ringer, he reveled in their protectiveness of him. It reaffirmed their bond, assured him that he was still loved and cherished despite how he became a liability after coming down with Blackfever. His mother definitely wouldn’t do this for such a lacking tom like him.

But, Damien pushed those thoughts away. No use focusing on it now, but speaking of whom… “Has my mom gotten back from hunting yet? When I got back to camp she wasn’t here,” Damien mewed to Moon, who had started to work on simply grooming him since most of the thorns were taken care of.

She paused and looked up at Damien. Silk’s tongue strayed close enough to Damien’s eye where he got distracted scrunching up his face, so he didn’t see the larger white female avert her gaze when she mewed, “Ah, well, she—”

“She’s not here, and she probably won’t be back until tomorrow.” A new voice mewed, and after it came the thin form of Stone. The old cat walked stiffly up to the trio, but his tired, narrow eyes were bright. Damien perked up when he saw the slate gray tom, but Moon’s paw on his back stopped him from jumping up to greet the fatherly tom. But, when Stone’s words registered, Damien’s ears drooped. He tried to ignore the disappointment that shot through his veins. Figures, really. He couldn’t even get a simple squirrel to bring back to everyone, but Damien still thought…

“Day.” Stone’s nickname for Damien snapped him out of his thoughts. Damien bowed his head slightly in deference while still looking up at the thin tom. When Stone saw that Damien was alert, he turned his attention to Silk and Moon. “You have him ready?”

Damien looked at Moon and Silk curiously as they nodded to Stone, but Stone merely huffed in approval before tottering away towards his den. He flicked his tail for them to follow. Bemused, Damien followed Moon and Silk’s lead as they led him into Stone’s dwellings. Odd— he usually never lets anyone in there.

When Damien pushed his way through the overhanging branches of the den, Stone was already curled up in his nest, shadowed by the coverings, and Moon and Silk’s pale visages sat at his flanks. Outside, the sky rumbled ominously in the dry air.

Damien sat back on his paws and tilted his head curiously. “Hah, is... this some sort of intervention?” Damien laughed awkwardly, but clammed up when Stone’s expression remained deadpan. Damien held back a wince. Seriously, Stone never seemed to have a sense of humor…

“No. I wanted you presentable when I told you this, Day. Come closer, kitten.” Damien twitched in surprise, but knew better than to question the near-ancient tom. Damien got close enough to feel Moon’s outstretched tail brush his flank, and laid down to mirror Stone’s position. Inside the shelter, the elder looked even more tired, and Damien felt a pang of sympathy at the sight.

“Boy… you remember my stories of Heatherclan, correct? And my run-ins with them?” Stone mewed. Frowning, Damien nodded gently before Stone continued. “I… admit to omitting the truth from you, child. Heatherclan wasn’t just a group I came across in my travels. It was once my home as well.”

Damien blinked in surprise at the admission, but remained silent as Stone continued. “Before becoming Stone, I was once Stonerunner of Heatherclan. We were a conceited group, and our pride and rigid rules isolated us before the open plains that sustained us led to our destruction. Despite it all, we were as close as we could be, and a family though only a few blood ties connected us.

“To this day, I regret never going back to search for my clanmates after that horrid fire and drought. The destruction seemed to have left no one alive, and to this day, I curse my speed while I just ran— “ Stone abruptly cut off in a choke. Damien’s ears were flat against his head as he watched Stone shudder intermittently and bury his muzzle in his paws. Silk touched his muzzle against the grizzled tom’s head, and Stone seemed to calm. But, when Stone lifted his head, his eyes were bright with the depth of his grief. Yet, his eyes remained dry.

“I wished I could have done this when you were older, but this past dry season has… shaken me, child. You have so much of your life ahead of you, and I’m not sure what I’d do if Starclan stole you from me before I joined them myself. Your willingness to fight for your life demonstrated your bravery, your strength, your resolve. I know that you’ll do great things in this world, Day. Never doubt my love, or Moon’s love, or Silk’s love for you. No matter who you may encounter in life, who you fight against, or who you fight for, we will stand by your side long after we need to leave you.”

Stone’s words shocked the small cinnamon tom into stillness. As Stone talked, he pushed himself up to sit on his hindlegs and brought Damien’s smaller form closer with one gray paw. Damien held back tears, but to no avail as he buried his muzzle into Stone’s short fur. The elder rested his chin against Damien briefly before pulling away to look into Damien’s deep green eyes. A rare smile, though wry, graced Stone’s face. “Now, Day, this old tom has one thing to request of you. I know that all three of us won’t be around to guide you forever, but as a way to claim you as my, our, own, I would like to give you a warrior name to show your transition into adulthood.

“Heatherclan may be no more, but I wish for you to live your life with Starclan’s blessing and protection. You are more than ready.” As Stone mewed, Silk and Moon stood up to stand in front of Damien, and their eyes glimmered with affection. Damien looked up at them as he curled under Stone, and though Damien tried to speak to say thank you, thank you, his words never made it past the pressure in his throat. The sky’s rumbles increased outside, and Stone continued once they were situated. “Now, I don’t ask that you must take on this name as your primary one, but I hope that you remember it as a symbol of our love, Day.

“Ever since you came into our lives, you brightened our waking hours with your inquisitive nature and quick tongue. From henceforth, your warrior name will be Dayrunner, my child. May your hunts be fruitful and your successes plenty in your coming seasons, so long as you travel under Starclan’s vast skies.”

When Stone touched his nose to Dayrunner’s forehead, Dayrunner felt the light wonder in his chest release the pressure residing in its depths. Moon and Silk crowded around the young tom, and their rumbling purrs resonated deep in Dayrunner’s body. Dayrunner knew that he’d still use Damien for some time to come, but in his soul Dayrunner knew that something huge shifted.

At the same time, the tang of ozone finally broke as Dayrunner heard the first droplets of rain hit the barren ground. The drought was over.

I loved the feeling in this form. Congrats!! And welcome to Rise. ^^
ImageImage
Neah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Nebelung » Sun Feb 18, 2018 6:52 am