Re: Kalon #1334 -- Come On & Teach Us Everything You Know

Postby spirit • daydream » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:21 pm

username: APH Siantia
    kalon name: Giang Rapp
    spell: Luna Nocturna
    what the spell does/how the kalon uses it:
      This is a very silent spell. It allows the caster invisibility or at least that's what some kalons say. What it truly does is allow the caster to hide in the shadows the moon casts. The said kalon is able to jump from shadow to shadow without being seen. This spell is extremely advanced and only those able to control many other advanced spells are able to use it. Unlike other spells, it chooses the caster that seems fit to know its own secrets. This spell is a living spell and only the rare few are able to understand its power and how to use it. Giang found this spell written down underneath her bed. The way she found it was an extremely strange story. She had been startled by the moon, though some may find her crazy if she said this story. The moon had been talking to her in whispers. At first, they were soft and unreachable, but then they got louder. One night she was in her common room studying when she heard a loud bang. She ran to her dorm room and found no one there. I might add that she had been at the school over the Christmas/Winter Break. She checked around under each bed until at last she finally reached her own bed. Something had fallen and as she reached down to check under her bed there was a high-pitched scream. It had come from underneath her bed and she fell from shock. What was under there? Nothing. She had heard the noise, but it seemed to vanish as she looked underneath her bed quickly. Nothing was there. She lifted her sheets and found nothing. Then finally she had decided to go underneath her bed. What she found was pretty much nothing until she looked at the bed frame. "Lumos," she spoke in a whisper and her wand lit up with light the spell produced. She saw the words scrapped into her bed and read them silently. "Luna...Noc...Nocturna?" She looked strangely at the writing and quickly wiggled her way back to the sunlight of the window-lit room. She quickly dusted her robes off and replied, "Nox." At first, she thought it was a waste of time. After he saw those words she was sure they were some sort of spell. Though she looked in every book in the large library she didn't see it anywhere. She was even able to look in the restricted area. She hadn't seen it anywhere! Finally, that one day happened, she had gotten in trouble. She was trying to run from the caretaker, Argus Filch. She was lost and decided to hide in the darkest spot she could find. It was a shadowed corner in a hallway and for some reason, as she heard footsteps come closer she remembered the words. She didn't know what she was doing, but it happened. "Luna Nocturna." Suddenly she felt lighter. She looked down and it seemed as though her body had vanished. She was so shocked she fell, but instead of hitting the wall she fell through the shadow and into the other side of the hall. Her mouth had dropped. Her heart beating so fast she decided to head back to the dorm. She finally found her way back from all the shadows she had traveled through and that took almost three hours until she found herself in the familiar dorm room. She then sat down on her bed and stared at her arms and hands. They were still completely invisible and she realized her first mistake. She didn't know how to reverse the spell! But almost as soon as that thought had formed in her mind the moon decided to show itself from behind the cloud and fell upon her skin. Immediately her skin became clear and she was visible again. She soon realized that the only thing able to reverse the spell was the light of the moon. Now she uses it to get into trouble around the school and she finds it easier to pull off her pranks now that she knew this new spell. Though once she grows up she will tell her children the spell and try to pass it on. She used this spell many times to help her with her job. She worked for the Department of Magic and her job, well, she actually had many jobs. So she could honestly do anything for the Department as she had gone through many promotions and was kind enough to help. Her favorite one out of all of them was able to find the criminals and bring them to justice. Though she also loved to find new paths that she could take whenever she was in a hurry or there was an emergency. But for now she just holds the power to pull pranks and help her fellow classmates through school.

I don't know if I can get art...I can't draw, and I'm broke T~T
spirit • daydream

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Jippy » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:23 pm

username: Dreamlight

kalon name: Vichear (means knowledge) Daren (means night)

spell: The Sixth Sense

Allows the caster to summon a sixth sense, how long it lasts or how strong it is depends on the users abilities and materials. Unfortunately little is known of the sixth sense because it may be different for each castor who wishes to summon it. Previous attempts have shown signs of echolocation, seeing infrared, and having electroreceptors.

Although this spell may have a simplistic name, the complexity of the spell and the origins remained uncertain. Because of the random sense it may give you and the danger of it mentally damaging the user by adding another sense, it was taken to the grave of the creator. It may seem to bring a sixth sense, it is also related to the other five: Sight, hearing, touch, taste and smell. For example, infrared relates to vision, however in this case, it was presented as a sixth sense. So far, it is believed that the sixth sense also ties in with one of the other five but no confirmation has been made.

In order to cast this spell you will need to be a fairly strong wizard or witch, holding out the wand, move it in a circular motion slowly repeating the words, egressus est opus virtutis, venire ad me egrediebatur in robore! Slowly a glowing circle should appear and on the fifth circle, the glowing circle should be at its brightest. Not that this requires a lot of concentration and power so it will be impossible to perform under pressure or rushed. Then aim at the center with as much energy as you want, once you complete that, the circle will surround you and will be absorbed into you, strengthening your five sense as well as adding the sixth. Then the rest will be up to you, always take to caution that it won’t last.
Last edited by Jippy on Sun Jan 28, 2018 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Jippy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby roelian » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:24 pm

username katzuvo

kalon name Dasmir

spell nidore memoria

how do they use it?

Dasmir placed tiny lavarocks within the vial, a name appearing in stark cursive letters as he whispers the spell. 'Grandmother's Carpet' it reads. He smiles, but he is not one to question the requests he receives.

Dasmir works for the people, not for personal gain. Within his home he collects fragrances of a different variety. Magic I bedded fragrances that only mean something to the receiver.

His friend called him mad to want to dabble in smells, but the look on their face when he produced a vial of childhood memories made them gasp in something akin to shock. This is what Dasmir does this for. For the smiles, for the tears of sweet joy as an elderly man can smell his wife again. For a young child to smell chocolate chips. For someone with memory loss to suddenly remember their past years by the smell of a candle they once kept in a bathroom. It means so much to him to see the effects, to know that what he does has meaning.

Of course, there's also the fun flip side of creating unpleasant odors near those he finds distasteful... d:
Last edited by roelian on Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:28 am, edited 2 times in total.

samael || he/they || adult
|| ✧ nep ✧ || ✧ jean ✧ ||
roelian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solasta » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:29 pm

ImageImage
    username: solasta| kalon name: johann westbrook | spell: accio petrificus
    what the spell does/how the kalon uses it: a charm that is used against ones
    mind that plays with their fantasies while summoning a alluring beast that will
    petrify only that one specific person's mind. -- this is a major wip. xxxxxxxxxx
Last edited by solasta on Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fiern » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:29 pm

username: Fiern
kalon name: Zerouna
spell: Retracto Libri

Directly translated, this spell could be roughly read as "I draw back a/the book". It is used to retrieve any book the caster desires, with the caveat that the book must exist and must not have any protective spells on it which would prevent its retrieval. When the book in question is closed after first being opened, it returns to wherever it was taken from.

In all honesty, Zerouna has never much worried about where she was taking the books from, or who might miss them while she has them, all that really matters to her is that she's getting the knowledge she needs. It's not uncommon for any area she's occupying to have piles of books open to whatever page she's last read so they don't disappear before she's done reading.

This is largely necessitated because unless you know exactly what book you want, the spell simply produces a book on the correct topic. So for example, a request for a cooking book could generate any of several million books, some of which would be better than others.

While she often used this to complete research for assignments, she's just as likely to use it to satisfy any curiosity that crosses her mind. Often reading one book will raise questions she wants elaborated upon and she will fetch another book, and on and on the cycle goes, until one rarely sees Zerouna without her nose in a book.
Fiern

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gasp » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:50 pm

PROFESSOR RAFKEL

Username: Granger

Kalon name: Grisha Rafkel

Spell: Quadringenti Quinquaginta Unus
(451° Fahrenheit- The temperature in which paper burns)

What the spell does/how the kalon uses it: [Below]
▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

"He clasps the crag with crooked hands;
Close to the sun in lonely lands,
Ring'd with the azure world, he stands.

The wrinkled sea beneath him crawls;
He watches from his mountain walls,
And like a thunderbolt he falls.

Alfred, Lord Tennyson. Can anyone tell me what makes this poem "'beautiful?'" Grisha looked around the room, a few eager students waiting to be called on. "Tibus?"

xxxxx"Aside from the clear alliteration and personification of the eagle, the rhythm and meter used by Tennyson is seen in many great poems and used by many poets who wish to convey a feeling of beauty and romanticism." Tibus read almost verbatim from his notebook.

xxxxxGrisha got up from her seat and paced around the room, the students' eyes following her every move. "And what makes a poem a great poem? Well, as Tibus said, the poem's beauty. Would you all agree?" Murmurs of agreement fell among the class, with students nodding their heads in approval.

xxxxx"You have come to my class to study the art of poetry. You are here because you are interested in reading, learning about, and perhaps writing poetry. What are the two most common beliefs about poetry? Well of course that it is beautiful and meaningful. I am here today as your Professor to tell you that that is absolutely false."

xxxxxThe class fell silent.

xxxxx"Poetry is not always beautiful. It is not always cute. It is not always sunsets and flowers and love; it is certainly not always meant to uncover some profound meaning. Poetry is real, it is raw, it is passion. We will not be taking notes in this class. We will not be reading snobbish analyses on the underlying meaning of Frost and Browning or Shakespeare's frequent use of the iambic pentameter. You will not be mindless drones, analyzing every minuscule bit of poetic device and working to uncover some sort of symbol that may or may not even be there. Poetry is meant to make you feel something. Your words. Your ideas. They can change the world so long as you let them do so."

xxxxxSilence fell among the class once more.

xxxxx"Ballad of Birmingham by Dudley Randall. It is real, it is raw, it is ugly. It makes you shake and shudder, it makes you feel." Grisha paused, her eyes focused on one of her more quiet students, Tibus. She approached Tibus, who seemed unimpressed with her speech and clutched onto his notebook.

xxxxx"All due respect Professor, but our textbooks say that we must analyze poetry in a certain way. I am very comfortable with that and I don't understand why we must 'feel' when reading poetry." Tibus countered.

xxxxxGrisha wasn't upset. She wasn't angry. In fact, she had the perfect remedy for this issue. Students looked around uncomfortably- whether it was from Tibus' outburst or Grisha's attempt at a heartfelt speech when it was only the first day of class- she wasn't sure.

xxxxxGrisha paced around the room once more. "What if you could feel every emotion that your soul is desperately trying to reach out to?"

xxxxxGrisha continued. "Poetry can be difficult. It is not always easily understood. But what if you could feel what your soul is trying so desperately to feel? What if you could feel the impact a piece of work would truly have on you?"

xxxxxThere were blank stares from some, while a few others listened to her with genuine interest.

xxxxx"A lack of understanding is often what keeps us from being able to experience the full impact a piece of work is intended to have." Grisha continued. "We often allow these silly poetic devices and definitions to flood our mind when reading a poem. We attempt to pick it apart and analyze every tiny detail, resulting in a dearth of misunderstanding for what the poem is truly about." Grisha paused for a moment. "'What makes it differ from ordinary language?' Many students ask me. "If a poet is trying to convey a message, why can't they just speak normally?' I always tell them the same thing. Poetry is multidimensional. It is sensuous, emotional, and imaginable. Forget your textbooks. Whatever they tell you to do, analyze, put it out of your brain. Do you understand?"

xxxxxGrisha returned to her desk and pulled out a large, dusty book with Latin incantations written on the cover. Anyone who wouldn't have known better would have assumed she was performing an exorcism on her students. Perhaps in a way, she was.

xxxxxFinally, Grisha speaks up. "Quadringenti Quinquaginta Unus."

xxxxxThe students jumped back as their textbooks burst into flames then turn into ash as quickly as the flames had appeared.

xxxxxThere was a beat of silence before the class began to cheer, throwing ash into the air and ripping pages out of their notebooks. The class was a mess of students running around, throwing the ashes of the books all over the room.

xxxxxGrisha allowed them to celebrate, understanding how often students want to throw their books into the fire. Not that she encourages burning books as many of them are quite a blessing on this earth, however she wanted to make the point that this is not a regular class. Once the class had calmed down, they all looked at Grisha admirably.

xxxxxAs students began to sit back down, Grisha spoke up. "No longer will my students be a slave to the system. This year you will be feeling every emotion, every image that you are intended to feel. Poetry will become another language; a multidimensional language in which you will learn to appreciate the art of poetry and allow it to give you life rather than have it sucked out of you."

xxxxxGrisha exhaled. "You will learn to think for yourselves again. As the great Paul Keating once said, 'there's a time for daring and there's a time for caution, and a wise man understands which is called for.' Good luck with the rest of your classes."

▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪ ▪

[credits: idea inspired by the Dead Poet's Society (and my incredible literature teacher), spell inspired by Fahrenheit 451. Poem at the beginning is The Eagle by Lord, Alfred Tennyson, art piece was drawn by me]
Last edited by gasp on Thu Jan 25, 2018 12:43 pm, edited 35 times in total.
gasp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silver Pandorica » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:15 pm

Yes!! My house! *extreme joy*

username: Silver Pandorica
kalon name:
spell:
Hi, I'm Silver! Local socially
awkward English nerd, cat
lover, co-owner of floravits,
and Animal Crossing fan.
♡♡♡
art threadtrade thread
Silver Pandorica

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocoa » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:24 pm

markk
cocoa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kolyakun » Thu Jan 18, 2018 1:27 pm

dropping
Last edited by kolyakun on Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

┍━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┑

Kolya ★ She/They ★ INFP

My Kalons

Artist for Kalons

sig art by sov25 on TH

┕━━━━━━━━━★━━━━━━━━━┙
kolyakun

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Grey_Hoodie » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:06 pm

username: Grey_Hoodie
    kalon name:
    spell: umbra dissimulo {direct translation: shadow disguise}

res with shadow spell
    {allows user to sink into floor in the mold of a shadow. good for sneaking around after someone}

dissimulo means disguise, dissemble, conceal, pass unnoticed, disregard.
    whatever was seen cannot be retold. as such (being ravenclaws), students found a loophole and began telling each other riddles in an attempt to pass along information
Last edited by Grey_Hoodie on Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Grey_Hoodie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me