Artist starry--knight [gallery]
Time spent 24 seconds
Drawing sessions 1
23 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

L.O.C. July Event - Dreams :: Adopt 12 - CLOSED

Postby starry--knight » Mon Aug 15, 2016 12:35 pm

CONGRATS!

Man this was a tough task to do. So many beautiful designs....and amazing forms. All very thought out, detailed and the characters created here were some of the best I have seen in a comp like this! Thank you all so much for participating, and for waiting! I know it has been a long wait and I do hope you can forgive me for it.

In any case without further ado, the winner of this competition for dream lioness number 12 is.....
Rohan. with Metsastys!

Your form went into so much detail and depth. I loved loved your stories you wrote about her on her journey. The whole character of this lioness was embodied from every word on the page to the design that you put together! Congrats dear!

Butttttt....wait!
I have one more design that will be kept!

Congrats Alaric! You are our second winner with Reveur!
I loved the idea you had around her blindness, and how she could still see shapes, outlines, etc.Your story though short was very powerful and a joy to read and delve into! Congrats!

Thank you all for joining again! It really wouldn't have been as good of an event without you all!

. . . secrets . . .

Throughout the ages, dreams have held and often spoke to problems, fears and doubts that linger within the recesses of the mind. Many have tried to explain their meanings, and find purpose to the images flashing about in ones mind while not awake, but there have never been beings so powerful as to not only explain a dreams intent and purpose…but manipulate them for positive healing or darker intentions.

And so appeared the white mist. Such an event had never been experienced before by Lion kind. A mist which rolled over the land like a blanket and who’s purpose was unknown. It crept and slunk across the lands, swallowing the terrain and the inhabitants within it’s hungry belly, lulling and nullifying all into a deep sleeping state.

When the fog had finally dissipated, the pride awoke from their forced slumber. Groggy and disoriented several lions stumbled upon a collection of bodies laid sprawled about across their lands. All were lionesses, seemingly no different then the lions who have come before. Together the pride came together to carry and care for the newcomers, ensuring they were well cared for as they themselves slept. However, unlike the pride - these females did not wake....not for a long time. Nearly a year had passed since their unexplained appearance before, almost simultaneously, they awoke.

Some of the girls were startled and lost - others angry and discontent. All wondering the same thing - how did they get here? The pride shared in their concern, the best psychics of them all called forward to discover some clue to their arrival.....but they were handling it all wrong. The females past was locked within their element of dreams. And, when that bit came to light the psychics began unlocking clues to not their pasts....but the prides future.

But that is a tale for another time.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

On the dawn of the second year to the females arrival, one awoke from a frightful dream with ominous news to share with the pride. Her voice stuttered and cracked with every syllable that escaped her parted lips. A story of how their world is not all that it appeared to be....and neither was the appearance of the 12 mysterious lionesses.

She told of their past ancestors, who's war was fought almost 3,000 years ago.... Time was ticking faster, as was the oncoming onslaught destined to ensue. For in her vision she saw the war with the lions who started it all. The original lions - along with all their bloodshed and sins. Though blurry, she attested to their identity, describing them as if she had been there so long ago.... turns out she was. They all were.

The fog that carried their slumbering souls was the same fog that swept the lands nearly 3,000 years ago. It was lost with history - and turned to dust to be forgotten, until now. She spoke of things she just couldn't know off hand. And when sent to see a psychic her tale was confirmed.

In their past life they had been kept in tight quarters once the war broke out. Their gifts more powerful than most who lived in that time...and their insight and influence too strong to leave unchecked. So on the dawn of the first revolution.... all of them were rounded up and kept hidden within the reaches of the rebels. The leader, an air elemental known only for his deed as the "lake massacre" wanted to ensure his survival in the war and his reign. So, he tasked the females to do his bidding in exchange for their lives. But when the war changed out of his favor...the bloody ruler did not want the girls to fall into the prides hands. Instead while they slept that night, the leader had them killed.

On that night appeared the fog. Who's fingers crawled into every crevice and cave....washing across the lands, scooping up the souls that had been shed, before disappearing. Only a handful of lions saw it appear....and when the rest awoke from their slumbers they did not believe the words spoken. Soon the fog dwindled from being a rumor...to becoming a tall tale....to becoming nothing but cold air left lingering on lips. However, there was more to this fog than just the potent dream state of which it could leave you..... the fog was also a sign.

Never in lion history save for the initial appearance has the fog been seen. And now, as the civil war brakes into the deepest depths of bloodshed and destruction, the fog appears once again. The blood moon shared the bad omen of destruction and war....and the fog is the accompanying sign to it. For both to appear, lion kind is in a dark place, left darker unless the civil war is squashed for good. But for now, the fog brings new friends, new faces and hope for a peaceful planet once again.
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

I am sure you are looking around wondering.... where is this lioness? I see the event cover....I see the event symbol. And I am sure the excitement is killing you.

Well, here's a surprise I don't think you all saw coming.
      How about a custom lioness.....with you guessed it the element of DREAMS!

/That's right, a custom/ 100% designed by you - with approval from me of course.
      This will be the last competition of this event.

To participate you are required to do 2 things;;
      -Design a custom lion! (or find a buddy to help you do so)
      -Create a form + personality to wow me

Please post here, your post will say that you want to be added to the lines to create a custom lioness!

RULES
      -You can only create one design as your entry.
      -No crazy edits, doing so will give you a less likely chance of winning.
      -Must be designed and posted on this thread or under the cover as an oekaki image.
      -Cannot be a male lion. This is a strictly females only design comp.
      -Must have completed design and form by August 30th.

POSSIBILITY of 2 winners instead of just 1. However, at this time only one person will win the rights to keep their custom lioness. Alright guys have fun! Time is ticking!
Last edited by starry--knight on Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Lions of the Cosmos

My Oekaki Gallery

My Lions (L.O.C.)
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

<-- art by Tealea on CS
Pixels by MechanicDrone
starry--knight

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: L.O.C. July Event - Dreams :: Adopt 12 - CLOSED

Postby Mortikat » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:44 pm

Yes.
Yes yes yes. All the yes. I wanna do it.
Signature under construction.... Hard hat required
Mortikat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: L.O.C. July Event - Dreams :: Adopt 12 - OPEN

Postby Lady Tuesday » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:47 pm

//deeply inhales

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Rohan. » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:47 pm

ooooohhhhhhhhhh
Rohan.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SukarettoYanagi » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:48 pm

-you know I'm gonna at least try in this, right?

6/10/13
My cat died in my arms.
Rest in peace, baby girl.

The World
Moonrats

When the dead have something to say,
not even time can shut them up.

Sometimes good things fall apart
so better things can fall together.
-Merilyn Monroe
SukarettoYanagi

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby giraffidae » Mon Aug 15, 2016 1:49 pm

im sorry but i gotta ;u;

mark marker mark

full time college &work⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀

dA / chars / the dex

done with cs,
      wont answer pms

she / her / it idc
      pixs by me (>)
      ImageImage
giraffidae

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hobbit Geek » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:15 pm

I need to enter for this omg ;o;
Hobbit Geek

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Tuesday » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:42 pm

I have decided to drop out of this to give others a chance! I will also be opening myself up to helping a couple of people design their entries if they cannot do it themselves/do not feel confident in their art skills. I may or may not take a small event point donation for each one (no more than 20 points per person if I do). PM me if you are interested! ^^

i love you wrote:
Knee
My kalons
My Deviantart
Starling Deer Adopts

M a k e
a
w i s h ,

d a r l i n g .
Lady Tuesday

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Medd-Lee » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:55 pm

Definitely doing this!
Thank you, Starry!
unnessecary links wrote:Characters(old, LOL)
My SMWs(closed)
Flight Rising(idk why)
3k+ Chickens(active!)

Hi! I'm Medd! They/them please.
I am sometimes hard to reach on CS! If you need me quickly try Toyhouse(Medd-Lee), thanks!
Most links are outdated, sorry guys!
Medd-Lee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Red weasel » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:13 pm

possible mark.