Xholi 47 by kivr & fireflii

Based on Click to view
Artist kivr & fireflii [gallery]
Time spent 1 minute, 8 seconds
Drawing sessions 2
13 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Xholi 47

Postby kivr & fireflii » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:42 pm

Tall, lean frame, round ears, and bright eyes, Xholis are diurnal, hierarchal, and intelligent species that wield the forces of nature. Xholis are social animals that can be recognized into 2 different clans. The ones that hunt at dusk, and those that hunt at dawn. Their pelt reflects their environment as the Dusk hunters tend to have darker palette while the Dawn hunters are significantly lighter. Between those two clans, the species are once again split into more diverse and specialized packs. Fire, Earth and Water are the most common forces of nature that each Xholi wields. The gem they are born with determines their attribute, which is effected by the parent's gems. Every Xholi is given a role befitting their status in the pack, and the leader of the each pack is expected to keep the peace.

Dawn Maji Sentinel

prince. wrote:
username: prince.
xholi name: tymber
pronoun: he/him
personality: tymber isn't one for dodging around the point to make the blow softer, in fact he can be very blunt and sarcastic. he doesn't care for what other people think of him much, as he figures that hurting them slightly now will save them much pain later on when they figure it out on their own. he's quite witty and has a strange sense of humor, one that some xholi's will certainly not quite understand. nevertheless, he will try to help out those who treat him with respect. he may not be the most agreeable xholi in the pack, but he definitely has his heart in the right place, despite the way he goes about it.
likes: being alone for short amounts of time, the sunset, the dark, making sarcastic and silly comments, daytime
dislikes: being in a very crowded place, loud noises, arrogant xholis

Last edited by kivr & fireflii on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kivr & fireflii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeena » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:44 pm

oo possible reserve moreso marking now
Last edited by yeena on Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
yeena

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Xholi 47

Postby foxxbreath » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:56 pm

Username: Water Witch
Xholi name: Lazulite - the main mineral in the gem Lapis Lazuli
Pronoun: xe/xer
Personality: Lazulite is a very prime and proper Xholi, and very respectful. While xe is quite the ""gentleman,"" Lazulite can be a little...too nice, on occassion making others a bit suspicious of xer motives. But aside from that, Lazulite is actually a great role-model for pups when it comes to having a respectful attitude, and high spirits. Which, if xe was a pupsitter, may have come in handy...
Role model aside, Lazulite takes xer job as Sentinel very seriously. Xe wants others to understand you don't have to be high up to help the pack, but mainly just enjoys ensuring everyone else is safe! Though, understand the dignified and protective side of Lazulite isn't xer only side; Lazulite loves to crack a cheesy joke now and then, often one that doesn't make sense, just to lighten everyone's mood on rainy days!
    ImageImage
    π•­π–Š 𝖔𝖓 π–™π–π–Š π–˜π–Žπ–‰π–Š 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 π–˜π–†π–›π–Šπ–˜ π–•π–Šπ–”π–•π–‘π–Š

π•­π–Šπ–ˆπ–”π–’π–Š 𝖆 π–Œπ–”π–”π–‰ 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

AMPHITRITE, THE HARPY

Postby rainboxys » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:22 pm

xx
username >> pterodactyl
xholi name >> Amphitrite
preferred pronouns >> ce/cir/cirs/cirself
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxImage

So, what do you have to say for yourself, Amphitrite?

I suppose I'll start with a rough description of myself. It's probably not the
best it could be, but after all, that's what you're here for... an unpolished stone.
Here's some snippets of what I've heard when people talk about me.

Personality wrote:Amphitrite is, in all respects, a perfectionist.
Ce carries cirself with absolutely perfect posture, and makes sure to do cir job perfectly. If a single hair gets out of place, you can be expected to spectate on at least half-an-hour of meticulous grooming. While Amphitrite is a perfectionist, don't mistake that as an excuse to call cir anxious, as Amphitrite is an equally patient Xholi. Ce takes cir time in making sure that every job by cir has been a job well done. Oftentimes, Amphi will step in to finish the job if ce notices that it something has been left undone by other Sentinels.

Amphitrite takes everything in stride and isn't easily made nervous.
That's not to say, however, that Amphitrite isn't angered by the other Sentinels that cir works with. They often leave Amphitrite behind because ce always wants to do a second sweep of an area as they return, taking a little extra time than the other Sentinels would like. If something comes up to disturb cir on a patrol, Amphitrite will approach it with a level head before letting it get to cir. However, if the problem persists for awhile, Amphitrite will lash out un-remorsefully.

Amphitrite is unfeeling, perhaps even antisocial.
It takes a lot to get Amphitrite emotional about things in general, and this often makes Amphitrite appear to others as though ce is unfeeling or cold, when in reality, Amphitrite isn't actually this way. It could be due to the fact that Amphitrite is more clinical in the way that ce tackles problems or that Amphitrite is often reasoning with another Xholi as to how to tackle the problem instead of rushing in head first. Amphitrite prefers alone time as ce is constantly harangued by cir superiors as cir methods aren't exactly orthodox or taught widely to other Xholi.

Amphitrite is highly selective as to what ce pours cir energy into.
If it becomes uninteresting and isn't essential to Amphitrite's job, don't be surprised if ce puts it down and doesn't return for it later. Be it food that ce finds unappealing, Xholi that get on Amphitrite's bad side or Xholi that doggedly vie for cir attention, Amphitrite will often let things be. This can be good for some situations, but more often than not, it just plays to the pessimistic ideal that others have of cir.

xxx
Please demonstrate for us your abilities.
Show us what you have learned as an apprentice, Amphitrite.
xxxxxxxxx

xxx
wrote:haha you highlighted this
Icy mist settled down, drifting towards our chilled Majian earth in flurries. I mumbled some inelegant words, as yet again, I had caught myself asleep on the job, drenched with frigid slush. I am quite aware of the rumor that Majian Xholi dry off quicker than other Xholi, but I've never believed that for a second. I shook off and watched powder ice continue to fall that wasn't quite snow, but in the same respect, it wasn't quite sleet or hail. My team had deserted me from our last position, probably returned home to sleep in their warm dens, but I had fallen asleep on my feet during my second sweep of the southern borders. I began the half-a-day's journey back from where I had fallen asleep, turning back to notice my serpentine path before bounding on.

Glacial eddies stirred up and leapt around me as I ran as fast as I could. The winter air stung my throat, aiding in fueling the frustration I had with myself for falling asleep. I started thinking about my surroundings as I sprinted back. While I couldn't control this element, the familiarity to my own was striking; why do we fear that which we cannot control? The savants were probably going to refer me to our leader again for being out of the pack for so long... It was a wonder they hadn't sent a search patrol out for me yet, or that my team hadn't bothered trying to wake me up before they left me behind. I bounded over the river that separated our patrol area from our pack dens and water smoothed the undersides of my hind-legs as it rushed up to meet my gems. I stopped in my tracks almost as soon as I felt it, although I dismissed it and carried on, hurrying back into my den. I wouldn't want to be any later than I already was. Our leader was there to meet me at the center of the dens, pacing around the tree stump.

"You'll have to regale me on how things went out there, Amphitrite. I'm eager to hear why you've not been with us all morning. I just sent out a patrol troop for you."
"Well, you'll have to forgive me again. I took a second sweep, as always. They left me behind instead of waiting for me, and as I tired, I slept. There's nothing out there this time of year, after all."
"Take no risks with your life, Sentinel. You'd be wiser to head back with them the next time."
Last edited by rainboxys on Mon Aug 03, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 9 times in total.
rainboxys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:29 pm

Username:
Lady Sif

Name/Meaning:
Tal //dew//

Personality and :
Last edited by Lady Sif on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

aubade -- xholi 47

Postby suds » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:38 pm

droppin out, as ive lost the connection with this xholi uvu
Last edited by suds on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
suds

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moorray » Sat Aug 01, 2015 3:57 pm

Username:
Xholi name:
Pronoun:
Personality:

Res!
By Cayvil on toyhouse

γ€Ž Ulysses|Moray 』
He/him, Marine Bio Major

Hiya, Im Ulysses!
I'm not too active on here
but i'll pop in occasionally ^^

Feel free to shoot me a message
or to send over a trade, just know
it may take a little to get back to
you.
Moorray

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fuscontidox » Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:49 pm

Username:
Fuscontidox

Xholi name:
To help see better wrote:Image

(It says "Misu" I realize its hard to see)
Native American meaning "Ripples in the Water"

Pronoun:
She/her

Personality:

Misu is very out spoken, like her name states, she isn't afraid to cause ripples in the water, she doesn't like lies whether telling them or hearing them, and can see through others and know whether they are honest or hiding something. But just because she has this type of personality doesn't mean that she is cold hearted or blunt, she's very tender and understanding, and loves to be around her pack mates. Smiles warm her easily, and to her they are contagious, seeing someone else smile makes her smile too, Misu loves being around others, and enjoys the life she lives. She hates puns, as they are one of the few super stupid, cheesy things she believes anyone could ever create, useless nonsense that just down right ticks her off.

Some of her actions and ideas are looked down upon by her pack, only because those who aren't close to her, see her as a more selfish being. She doesn't hate the idea of having more affection for a single person over everyone else as a whole, though this doesn't mean her pack isn't important to her. She loves watching the other animals around the territory interact with one another, she finds it fascinating how some animals could become so attached to another of their species for their whole life.

Extras

Strength of Power:

(I'll try as best as I can to make it something simple, as I know sometimes the author in me can kick in... and I guess make thing noncanon x-x)

As a sentinel, Misu is a defensive type, by herself, she can make a wall of sorts, its not as strong as it could potentially be -though she's still young and has time to grow in her ability-, but they saw potential in her when she chose to become a sentinel, and are helping her progress so she can one day become an experienced defender for the pack. When she and a multitude of defense type sentinels gather and combine their abilities, they are able to make a "barrier" of sorts -which is more of a larger scale of what she's learning to control- depending on how many of the skilled defenders they have with them, the strength of the "barrier" will vary.

Favorite Memory:

"Misuuuu!" She turned her head toward the direction in which her name was called from, catching sight of her long time friend, she smiled and walked a little ways before they met, "Wanna go down to the lake? Some of the others are going." she sang.

"We were just there yesterday," Misu laughed, "besides, it takes us forever to get there and back, and if we leave now it'll be dark when we return, Mother would be worried and I'd probably be scolded."

"We're almost apprentices Misu," Her friend grumbled, "We can take care of ourselves, that's what powers are for." Misu rolled her eyes and shook her head.

"You know as well as I that you can barely stir water, neither of us are good fighters, and I have yet to show signs of what kind of manipulation I'm best at, I think I'm on mother's side for this one, maybe we can go early tomorrow?"

Her friend gave a soft smile and replied, "Fine, I'll drag you along tomorrow late bloomer, I'm gonna go with the others for now, one of them has a great offensive ability so don't worry so much." Misu opened her mouth to speak but closed it seeing as her friend was already too far ahead, she watched her friend walk away, turning from her, she walked back to the den where her parents were expecting her home.

Misu watched the direction of the lake for signs of the others returning once the sun fell, worry started to creep its way into her. She walked slowly towards the direction they left, a voice echoed in the dark ahead of her, small figures came running her way, she picked up the pace and came closer, seeing it was the others, she gasped and ran for it. "Guys! What took you so long?" when they all met up, they started to talk all at once, frantic whines bombarded Misu and she couldn't understand any of them.

"Quiet! My goodness!" She barked, looking around her, fear written in their eyes, "Where is she?" She asked, swallowing a lump in her throat, none of them would meet her eyes as she repeated her self more aggressively, "Where is she?!"

"When we were on our way back, we got chased by a predator, she fell and the offence excelled one stayed behind to help her escape and told us to get help." Her heart stopped for a moment and she wavered on her feet.

Looking up she had a clearly terrified expression, she balanced herself again and began to walk towards the direction they came from. "W-wait! Misu what are you doing?" Misu ignored them and started to pick up her pace, heading farther away from those calling her to come back.

"Misu! It's too dangerous-" She stopped short and whipped her head around.

"I will not stop until I find them!" She looked back towards the direction of where her friend last was and bolted for it.

She continued to run, and could hear the sound of a scream/whimper, picking up the pace 'I must be faster!' she thought, coming into view of a beast charging towards her cowering friend, a rage boiled in her as their massive claw splayed, aiming to strike the defenseless pup on the ground.

"Leave her alone!" She called out, launching herself between the beast's paw and her friend, she closed her eyes, the paw never struck her, a massive force seemed to push down on her chest, but it wasn't long before it subsided, she reopened her eyes to watch as the beast was tackled by the one with an offensive knack. The beast fought back, but the offender was already aiming for its throat, and with a swift bite, the beast was ended within moments.

The offender staggered backwards, exhausted and frightened, "I killed it..." He mumbled breathlessly, blood staining his light grey and blue coat, scratched and bruised.

"That was bloody brave of you offender boy." Misu half joked, her strength dwindled, she laid down with a heavy sigh.

"Ha, look who's talking." She looked up at him with a questionable expression.

"Huh?"

"You jumped at a massive claw and threw up some water in its way."

"Are you serious?" She was astonished, she almost didn't believe him.

"Well you're alive aren't you?"

A grumble and whimper came from behind Misu, she turned her gaze from the offender to her friend who was now sitting up and rubbing one of her paws along a scrape across her nose.

"So much for a nice day at the lake!" She complained, "I'm not sure I wanna go tomorrow, there wasn't any Sentinels in sight, this wouldn't have happened if there was people on duty."

Misu gave her friend a glare, "This wouldn't have happened if you had read between the lines and listened to me when I said I sided with my mother, I also mentioned it would be dark when you got back, do you not pay attention? It's dangerous at night!" She half growled.

Huffing, Misu got to her feet and looked at the offender, "You okay?" she asked.

"Just shaken up." He replied, by the way his voice wavered a bit, she could tell he was injured deeper than her appeared.

"Hmmm, I have a hard time believing it's that simple." Misu seemed upset on the outside, but secretly, she was giddy, finally she had done some type of manipulation. She'd thank them another day... Maybe

On the walk back, they came face to face with their worried parents and the rushing sentinels, being greeted and fawned over. Misu coward away in attempt to hide from her parents who she could see, slinking off towards the the dens, watching as the healer carried off with the offender boy, his parents in toe.

"Misu!" She cringed as her mother called her name and slowly turned to face her.

"H-he-ey-ey, mom." She gave a sheepish smile and prepared for a vocal scolding all the way home.

I absolutely love this Xholi<3 the colors and design are magnificent! Those gems look like sapphire to me (which is my birth stone and fave gem ^^)
Last edited by Fuscontidox on Mon Aug 03, 2015 4:12 am, edited 15 times in total.
I have made my choice. My pms will be open for a week to anyone who wants to message me on CS a little while longer, or to clear up anything if you must.

Discord: Fuscontidox #0877
DA: Fuscontidox
TH: Fuscontidox
Fuscontidox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby CleanBandit » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:01 pm

Username: CactusPlush

Xholi name: Kawa ((River, in japanese))

Pronoun: She/her

Personality: She has a flowing personality, and changes constantly. One day, she can be very tough and defensive and such, and other days sensitive. But, if you look through that changing alter-ego, she is a protective kind xholis. She is determined, constantly happy, and has faith for anything. She has less faith in herself, but she keeps on trying anyway. Whenever she fails, or even thinks she failed, she feels sad, or blue.

Song: I was hoping to do a song, pm me if i can't <3 Blue by Marina And The Diamonds
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
it you like cool cats, this
is for you!! tell Cerulean
I sent you please!! uvu
thankies!! mew, mew!!
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ#1
β–ˆ#2
β–ˆ#3
β–ˆ#4
β–ˆ#5
β–ˆ#6
β–ˆ#7
β–ˆ#8
β–ˆ#9
β–ˆ#10
ooh, this is from porter robinson's
music and stuff ovo
i love it uvu
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
hello there, i'm bandit, but call me whatever uvu i like drawing, watching anime especially haikyuu, listening to porter robinson, volleyball, and roleplaying!! pm me if you want to!! a ton of good and bad things happen to me all at once so i may get busy now and then <3 thank you for reading uvu
CleanBandit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby whysker » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:18 pm

Myna
Amicus - Means 'friend' in Latin.
He/His.
He is an inquisitive male, and is very attentive and curious about his surroundings. He enjoys splashing around in the water and having fun with his other friends, although he is serious when he needs to be. He is well respected within his pack, and is bold and strong about his opinions. Amicus can be very adamant and stubborn to get his way, or the way he thinks his right. Sometimes this causes a few annoyed glances his way, but Amicus doesn't mind. He keeps calm and collective, and is always reassuring to other Xholis who are unsure. Amicus can be very excitable and loves to hunt. He has exceptional hunting skills, and his battle moves are good enough to make him a formidable enemy.
Amicus likes water a lot, he enjoys watching fish, and loves to look up at the night sky and see the stars dancing around. He especially adores the Northern Lights, which he has seen once.
Amicus dislikes very loud and constant noises, and he totally hates rude Xholis. He also dislikes feathers, as they make him sneeze. He also doesn't like being alone, and enjoys the company of his friends, family and fellow pack mates.
whysker | she/her
felt lost in this world,
so i moved to pluto.
whysker

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me