Drawing sessions 6
60 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Dream Spark Rune

Postby Jendalie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:54 pm

Brice

Owner: Silverhart
Type: Dream Spark Rune

"It Only Takes a Spark"

Dream Spark Runes are rare. They only appear very late in the evening to night owls struggling with an idea. Their markings shimmer in the night and their bright eyes can look deep into a persons mind. They bring ideas and creativity to life and nurture that dream within a persons heart. When a dream or idea is realized there is a literal 'spark' that can make both Rune and Bearer jump. It can be quite humorous when first encountered.

Dream Spark Runes are solitary but love to interact with other Eldemore species on their travels. They tend to be around the size of a large owl and, likewise, are nocturnal. They are predatory Runes that feed on small mammals such as rats, mice, small birds and rabbits. Due to their eating habits they tend to be hard to care for when bonded with a bearer. Regardless, they're loyal companions and surprisingly gentle around other people and magical creatures.

Congratulations Silverhart!

Rules

~Those with the best form will win this dragon.
~You are allowed to add more to the form until the final date when the winner will be chosen.
~Do not argue or whine if you do not get this dragon. There will be MORE in the future but it takes hours to make these adoptables so patience is required when competing.
~Do not take any of my ideas without permission. I now have to state this in all my rules because of past issues.
~Do not use pictures from Google in your form.
~Only talk about the other runes on the main pages.
~If there are any questions post them on the main thread for a mod to answer. We will no longer answer questions through PM.
~The forms are just skeletons to build on. You are allowed to add any effects you believe will make it more appealing and while there are no limits on how much you can write, please keep the length within reason.
~Enjoy, and if you do not win simply congratulate the ones who did and look forward to the next release. Do not make the winner feel bad because you're sore about losing.
~Be respectful and polite to each other and have fun with your form.
~Because of recent problems we will automatically disqualify and give a strike to anyone found trying to guilt or harassing others either on the threads or through PM.
~Remember that besides our own rules all Creativity Forum and Site rules apply.

Code: Select all
[center]
[b]Owner Name:[/b]
[size=85](Your Username goes here)[/size]
[b]Name:[/b]
[size=85](Dragon's Name goes here)[/size]
[b]Gender:[/b]
[size=85]Male/Female[/size]
[b]Personality:[/b]
[size=85](What is the dragon's personality like?)[/size]
[b]Why do you wish to have him/her:[/b]
[size=85](State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)[/size]
[b]Where will you keep him/her:[/b]
[size=85](Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)[/size]
[b]Any Quirks:[/b]
[size=85](Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)[/size]
[b]Other:[/b]
[size=85](Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)[/size][/center]
Last edited by Jendalie on Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:27 am, edited 5 times in total.
Jendalie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Dream Spark Rune

Postby Ravendarus » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:58 pm

Owner Name:
Ravendarus
Name:
Dream Weaver
Personality:
(What is the dragon's personality like?)
Why do you wish to have him/her:
(State what drew you to the dragon or why you would want it.)
Where will you keep him/her:
(Will you keep it in your sig, character thread, etc...)
Any Quirks:
(Quirks are funny habits or odd things the dragon may do.)
Other:
(Writing a small story or showing artwork may give you a better chance!)

Wip <3
Ravendarus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

.~°o.| Dream Spark Rune - Akila.

Postby Sable. » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:00 pm

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

ᴏωɴᴇʀ's ɴᴀᴍᴇ wrote:----------------------------------------------
hi there, I'm Sable.
Current owner of one other Rune Dragon,
the Baby String Rune.
This will be my form here c:

ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴᴇ ʙᴇᴀʀᴇʀ wrote:----------------------------------------------
This rune's bearer would be
Bailee. a girl in her mid-teens, she is
facinatedby the rune dragons, and loves to travel
Eldamore.

ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴜɴᴇ ᴅʀᴀɢᴏɴ wrote:--------------------------
This is the Dream Spark
Rune, Akila. She's sweet, but bites
sometimes.

.~°o.| Owner's Name |.o°~.

My name is Sable.
And this, is my form for this sweet little rune. I currently own one rune dragon, Luka, the Baby String Rune. I do love rune dragons very much, this rune and Benathorn's one were a great suprise while waiting for the website to come up and running. She's so adorable, I couldn't help but try out for her.

.~°o.| Rune Bearer |.o°~.

This rune's bearer would be Bailee. She's a mid-aged teen who has a passion for travelling Eldermore, and studying Eldamore's unique creatures. As she travels she likes to have her rune for company. Right now she is only bearer to one Rune, Luka, but she'd love nothing more than to become bearer to such a beautiful and amazing rune.

Name:
(Dragon's Name goes here)
Personality:
Any Quirks:
Other:

for my use only:

Code: Select all
[center][b][color=#613846].~°o.| titlesection |.o°~.[/color][/b][/center]
[quote][center][color=#8E6573]wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords
wordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswordswords[/color][/center]
[/quote]

wip
Last edited by Sable. on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:48 am, edited 2 times in total.
Sable.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Flowerdust » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:01 pm

Owner Name:
Flowerdust
Feel free to call me Dust or Dusteh

Name:
Marzena
Polish name meaning "dreamed one."

With Marzena's grace, beauty and purple tones I couldn't possibly imagine her as a male

Personality:
(What is the dragon's personlity like?)
Why do you wish to have her:
Where will you keep her:
Any Quirks:
Other:
Last edited by Flowerdust on Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:11 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flowerdust

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sarill » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:02 pm

Reserve <3
Sarill

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby zacherie » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:03 pm

So beautiful <3 If I do go for him/her, reserve <3
ImageImageImage
zacherie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bittertiffany » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:04 pm

Owner Name:
Lyra❤Heartstrings
Name:
Solstice
Personality:
Last edited by Bittertiffany on Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Moving to dA
{{Bittertiffany}}

Also, try to find me on Furvilla!! ;o;
{{bittertiffany}}
Bittertiffany

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Silverhart » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:09 pm

Owner Name:
Silverhart

Name:
Brice

A French name possibly driving from Gaulish meaning "speckled". I could justify that he has those cute little speckles by his eyes and on his wing tips, but really he just looked like a Brice to me - just sort of popped into my head as I started doodling him. It just felt really right. 'Brice' is also a name of Scottish origin.

(Yeah, cause I need more male Runes XP) At first this Rune looked very feminine to me - still does a little, but I can't shake the feeling that this particular Dream Spark Rune is in fact male. He might look a little feminine by human standards with his pretty markings, and fantastic pink eyes, but by Rune standards I think he's a very handsome, elegant male.

Personality:

"A tramp, a gentleman, a poet, a dreamer,
a lonely fellow, always hopeful of romance and adventure."

- Charles Chaplin

Brice is a spark in the dark night. He is fiery, passionate, and idealistic. Like most of his kind he is very quiet, but he is anything but shy. Outgoing, eccentric, and fun-loving, this Rune thrives on attention. A traveler at heart, with the soul of poet, Brice may at times come off as withdrawn, but that is merely because he is an introverted thinker.

Many find this particular Rune to be somewhat eccentric, no doubt caused by his solitary nocturnal existence. He's obsessed with night, dark places, bones, stars, and dreams. He's a predator, who lives by killing, so he feels a certain connection to life and death, and the dreaming in between. Many people and Runes see him either as a scary night creature, or else as a cute, fluffy toy, not realizing the very special gifts this Rune possesses. Brice is neither a scary monster, nor a cuddly plaything, though he does have the potential to be one or the other.

The Dream Spark is a very special Rune. They inspire creation, but Brice isn't a creator himself in the traditional sense of the word. He cannot draw or write, nor does he have any desire to do so. But like all his kind, this Rune is very inspirational. Brice finds inspiration in everything; a flower, a song, a grain of sand, the night sky, a cow in a pasture, an old boot, the sky, a question. For him, the world is a painting, a piece of poetry, a dance, and one can either add to it, or sit back and enjoy it. Brice is more the sitting back and soaking it in kind. He himself is not good with words, or drawings, or sculpture or most other mediums. Rather his passion lies in inspiring others, taking inspiration from them, and passing it on. He'll see a painting, and will appreciate every brushstroke; he'll taste a well-made chocolate cake and revel in it; he hears about some fantastic new discovery and goes to pieces with excitement. He shares that passion with everyone he meets, hoping his enthusiasm for life and wonder will touch others - and with a little bit of magic it almost always does.

It's been established that Brice is very eccentric by most standards. He leads a double life; destroying the fragile lives of tiny creatures – and inspiring the act of creation. This has made him deeply philosophical - a ponderer of life's infinite quandaries - and a bit touched in the head. Not in any debilitating way, but he can be a bit unstable. He dwells perhaps a bit too long in dreams and darkness, and needs more interaction with others. Brice is most certainly an introvert, and can happily keep himself company. If no one's around he will chirp and hurr and growl to himself, much like how some people will talk to themselves through their problems and questions. At times he cane get downright moody, and he tends to brood. He also displays some interesting quirks and interests. He is a little bit of a perfectionist, and can get very upset and frustrated if things aren't working to his favor. But he can usually recognize when one must throw up one's wings and abandon the effort. After all, art is never finished, only abandoned.

For one who lives surrounded by darkness and dealing in death, this Rune is actually very outgoing, kind, and humorous. Brice's attitude just screams 'Hey! Look at me!' He may be introverted, and solitary, but that doesn't mean he likes to be alone all the time. His magic drives him to seek out like-minded individuals, who want or need to be inspired, and he can connect to them on a deep level. Once he gets to know someone a bit, that's when his personality really comes shining through. Brice is very handsome, at least in his mind, and he's not above showing off for other Runes. Although, his style of showmanship tends to somewhat more reserved; he's not one for being in the spotlight, but much prefers working on the sidelines, where he knows his talent will still shine through. An intensely intelligent Rune with a unique outlook, it comes as no surprise that Brice has a sharp wit. Brice loves comedy, especially clever wordplay. Brice's sense of humor tends to be a bit blacker then other Runes, but he always thinks he's very witty when he's told a good joke. If no body else gets it... well, that's embarrassing.

Brice is a very empathetic Rune. Most Dream Spark Runes are. They can be swept into bliss by the notes of a beautiful melody, or a storyteller's haunting voice, or watching a dancer spin and twirl. Anyone who can appreciate such fine arts has a deep understanding and ability to connect with others, and Brice is no different. He considers himself to have very cultured tastes, and feels empathy for artists and innovators of all kinds. Even those who do not recognize the unique beauty of their ideas and dreams.
Brice also loves children and baby animals (Not that that stops him from eating baby mice and rabbits; a Rune's gotta eat after all). He is very good with them, and when he's around young Runes the playful, bubbly side of his nature shines through. With everyone else, he tries to stay cool and aloof, generally assuming a mediator role in the few groups he does join. By nature, he bonds very quickly and easily with most others. Deep down he craves affection, but is often unsure of the best way of showing it.

Brice is very afraid of what others might think of his ideas. After being given strange looks by some for the dreams and ideas he's created, he prefers not to share them anymore for fear of judgment. He's not one for giving you that sure-fire idea that everyone will recognize as pure genius and praise you for. The inspiration he gives takes patience and nurturing to have it's potential realized. It takes someone to recognize that yes, this is a good idea, and yes, I will work hard to realize it. Those are the inspirations he gives; slow burning embers of passion that need careful stoking to become a flame large enough to warm everything it touches.
But these aren't the flashes of genius everyone wants, and rarely do people or Runes recognize Brice's potential, which hurts him terribly. It also doesn't help that his eccentricities are often more disturbing then endearing. Instead, he tries to live a solitary, quiet life. Brice is usually very content on his own, but he does get lonely, and dreams up companions or playthings for himself. It's all in his imagination of course, but to this Rune imagination is the most real thing in the world.

Brice sometimes has trouble opening up out of his shell, and making new friends. If he's not careful he can be a little too outgoing and enthusiastic when meeting new people and Runes, and he's usually gotten a negative reaction from that, so he tries to hang back a now, until he's gotten a better sense of the situation. He can't really seem to avoid either of the two extremes; either being all over someone, or so anxious about being all over someone to the point of appearing shy and withdrawn. Not until he gets to know someone, can he be comfortable enough to be calm and still engaging.
Brice likes to help others realize their goals, by offering support and generating ideas. He can get easily frustrated by those who do not 'see his light', and will try various ways of getting someone to get up and start work. When he gets fed up with someone or something, Brice sometimes may give up quickly and spectacularly, throwing up his wings, squawking, and flying to the highest perch to sulk, sometimes even nipping at the Runes or humans who annoy him. In general, Brice likes to have a goal, a challenge, or a dream to pursue and he can become very sullen if he does not have a clear enough direction.

Brice is a tramp with sophisticated tastes. He's a solitary wanderer, who flies in and out of various lives, creating various stories, making lots of friends, but no family. It's always been him against the world. He enjoys the wandering life, but is always on the lookout for someone (or someones) who understands him. Brice often thinks of Dream Sparks as a little better then some other Runes, although he doesn't let that show. He would never look down on or degrade a fellow creature; not on purpose. But he does consider his tastes to be more refined then others. His tastes in music are better, and in art, and in other interests. Brice only thinks this of course; he doesn't want to offend any Rune and say they lack class. Not everyone can be, well, him.

~

I choose the quote above, because when I began writing a personality for this Rune, he developed into a bit of the Tramp. XP It was unintentional, but I think it's quite fitting. He does what he has to do to survive, and he tries to approach life with his wings widespread, and his heart wide open, which sometimes gets him hurt. But Brice remains a very adaptable, flexible Rune, who tries to get along with and help everybody, even when he can't. He is a wanderer both physically, and in his own head. He is different; he stands apart. He gets into trouble sometimes, but through luck and perseverance he can usually find a way out. He is sophisticated, kind-hearted, and passionate, and he has a gift for inspiring passion in others. He is also lonely, but he doesn't always mind that. Above all, he is a hopeful dreamer.

After looking at both the new Dragons I knew I really wanted to try for one. I really missed writing forms. But I was hesitant because I felt ... well neither really spoke to me at first, and the more I looked at both of them, the less I really wanted to try for one, if that makes sense. I really liked both of them, but they didn't seem right for me. Usually, I don't ever try for a Rune or Elkrin unless it really 'speaks' to me at first glance. So I went on my merry way, and put on some music to work on stuff and suddenly the songs just inspired me to start doodling this little fellow. Life's been so hectic lately, that I forgot how much fun it was to just be truly inspired by something. You could say this Rune snuck up and sparked me. I knew I had to try, because my head just became filled with so many images and thoughts and stories about him.

I almost overlooked this Rune at first, but that little smile just said 'Hey! Look at me!' And I did. I can relate to this little guy, being something of a night owl myself. Night is when I do my drawing and writing. It's a much more inspirational time when it's night - quiet, calm, dark. If I had a choice I'd wake up at midnight and start my day, and go to bed at three in the afternoon. Technically, I guess that would make me a very early bird, instead of a night owl, but the fact remains that when my side of the world is asleep, I am at my most awake (I think that's true of a lot of us). And it's usually at these witching hours when I have felt that spark of genius. Often they are half-crazed, sleep-deprived ravings (as this whole form will no doubt become, as I only really worked on it at night), but they are still more genius then anything else I write throughout the day.

But that's not really what I first thought when I saw this Rune, and read his description. To me this Rune is an Everyman Rune, not just a Rune for an artist or writer, and that's why I was really attracted to him. For some reason when I saw him it seemed to me that his specialty was more inspiring passion, rather then just inspiring pretty poetry or art. Art and poetry are easy to make, but it's a lot harder to be passionate about what you're drawing or writing about. I tried to infuse my own passion, a passion for questions and knowledge, discovery and sharing, writing and art into my form. I can only hope it shines through, because I believe passion is what really inspires, and what helps us to achieve our dreams.

Another thing that really attracted me to this little guy is his oxymoronic nature (at least that's how I see it). He's a Rune of creation, and yet he must destroy in order to live. He creates light - or rather enlightenment, yet lives in darkness. His role in life to inspire others and forge connections, while he, sadly stays apart from it all, a solitary creature. I thought that was such a fascinating contradictory nature. I don't know if it was intended that way, but it really caught my interest. The smile may've lured me in, but that two-sided coin was what really inspired me to try for this Rune. I didn't think he was much to look at, at first, but as I looked more, I just fell in love with him! His beautiful soft colors, his fluffiness and his fangs, the lyrical swirls all around his body. He really is a fantastic Rune, and he just inspired me!

Really though, this Rune represents to me of a lot of things that I find important: creation, creativity, inspiration, dreams, facing fears (since we all face our fears by pursuing our dreams), awe, passion. Like I said, when I saw him I didn't initially think that he was a Rune for a writer or an artist, although he certainly could be. People can be inspired late at night in a million different ways, and their inspiration can lead to the creation of a myriad different things: a scientist has a new revelation and creates a new theory, a musician hears notes in his head and writes it down, a chef realizes how to improve a recipe, a filmmaker is inspired to make a film, an inventor suddenly has a breakthrough, a child is inspired to become an astronaut, a person may be inspired to run a marathon. Not everyone is always able to realize those dreams to fruition though, which is why I like that this Rune nurtures the passion and helps grow a dream to reality (Goodness knows I need a bit of that magic!)
The way I see it, to be inspired and to inspire is one way humans all connect to each other - it's a primitive language of creation that all cultures can recognize; nature inspiring religion, teacher inspiring student, leaders inspiring followers, heroes inspiring generations. That initial spark leads to a dream, or a goal, or a story, or a lifelong passion that once realized, sparks something in someone else.
I'm rambling, I know. XP But that's why this Rune is important to me.

This Rune will tag along with my little rag-tag crew of Eldemorian creatures on our adventures. Although I might just keep him all to myself, instead of assigning him a Rune Bearer. Hopefully, he'll lend me some inspiration for various projects I'm working on. Of course, he must inspire others as well. I can't keep him all to myself. ^^ I'll draw lots of art of him, which who knows? It may inspire someone else; that's my hope anyway. I might also write stories about him, but he really seems like a more visual arts Rune to me, if that makes sense. I mean, when I was thinking of things to do for my form, pictures came to my mind more then words did. Most of my Rune stories stay in my head, or locked in a folder never to be seen, anyway. XP He'll also grace my signature sometimes, and get his own post on my Rune Dragon thread of course.

Any Quirks:

Brice loves astronomy, since space-time is as limitless and pliable as a dreaming mind. It's not all just blackness out there to Brice, it's possibilities, it's dreams, it's frontiers, waiting to be speckled with beautiful bursts of stars, nebulae, and planets, like bursts of inspiration in the brain. In his dreams he's always flying through this endless expanse. This thought probably stems from being a nocturnal Rune who's constant companions are the moon, the stars, and the endless expanse of the night sky. He also likes to learn about the real stars and planets, and encourages others to as well. He finds it all very exciting and mysterious, like delving into the heart of dreaming.

Of course, being a Dream Spark Rune he loves all kinds of dreams: day dreams, night dreams, dream catchers, dreams of doing this or that, dreaming up, dreaming down. And he especially loves helping people realize their dreams. Brice has been known to night-dream (like daydreaming for us, except that's usually when he's asleep) often, sinking into a dream state without really sleeping. In them he thinks up all kinds of crazy wacky ideas.

Brice's favorite time of day is the very early morning, right before the birds begin to wake up and the world is taking a deep breath in preparation for the sun to come up and the new day to start. He likes the quiet and calm. The birdsong that harkens a time to get up for us, is like a gentle lullaby for him.

Brice is somewhat like a cat in that he likes to explore dark nooks and crannies. Whether it's a cave, a closet, a box or under the bed, he wants to see what's inside. And when he's done exploring, it's the perfect place to curl up for a nap.

Brice is a big fan of music, especially those involving string instruments. He loves the haunting tones of the violin, the deep bass of the cello, the strum of a harp, the whining riff of a guitar, or the joyful twang of the banjo. He also enjoys the sound of harmonicas, and the calliope. Often when he hears a piece he enjoys, he begins swaying. Brice's ears are exceptionally good, especially at recognizing tone, and he can hear sounds above the human range of hearing. Because of this, he is also very adverse to chaotic or too loud music. Brice also enjoys rhyming games. His brain seems to be hardwired to find and appreciate rhythm, whether it's in a song, a speech, a poem, or a rhyming game.

You wouldn't know it to look at him, but Brice loves to be fussed over endlessly. He just loves attention. It's not so much he enjoys being primped and preened, as much he just loves having all of someone's attention. Especially if it's someone he really likes.

Brice loves hats. He likes to wear hats almost as much as he likes to chew them. This also harkens back to the attention thing, because a handsome Rune in a dashing hat is bound to draw some of the attention he's craving. In the end though, he usually ends up chewing them to pieces.

Brice strangely, loves flowers, especially dead ones. They're just such a pretty tragedy. Perfect for paintings and poetry. Usually when he's up and about, most flowers are closed for the night, which is why he is always delighted when he sees an open flower, whether it's alive or dead.

One of Brice's bigger interests is playing with bones. He likes to know how things work, especially things in nature, so he'll often save the bones from his kills. Most Dream Spark Runes just eat the bones of their catches, but not Brice. He carefully dissects his kills, eating the meat and gently putting aside the perfect little bones. He is fascinated by their delicate, yet durable nature, and how they look something like their owner did, and at the same time do not. He arranges them carefully with his paws into piles, sometimes spending hours to get them how he wants them. It's a strange ritual, and he always seems very intent on the task when he does it.

This Rune also has an obsession with counting things in his head. It could possibly extend from boredom, but it seems to have grown into a bit of an obsession. It can get a little annoying when has to stop and stare at something for however long before he can move on. It doesn't happen too often, thankfully, and he mostly does it when he's on his own. It seems to mostly serve as something of a security blanket for him, and if he gets anxious he'll look for something to count.

Other:
Instead of a written story, I decided to do a visual story in the form of a comic.

Page One ~ Page Two ~ Page Three

Page Four ~ Page Five ~ Page Six ~ Page Seven

Page Eight ~ Page Nine ~ Page Ten

I'm sorry the little girl is a little creepy looking. Children are so hard to draw! She's really not suppose to be creepy looking.

Anyway, I figured I'd point out a few things that might go unnoticed. I used a technique sometimes used in filmmaking where a character's direction determines his direction in the story. Whenever Brice is going toward his goal/ultimate purpose he is going to the right, whenever he is going away from his goal/ultimate purpose he is going to the left. It can also be interrupted as positive and negative. So he is going right when he is hunting in the first panels, visits the girl, the first few panels of his dream, and finally in the last panels. His Nightmare is always confronted on his left, except in two panels when it takes on Brice's former role - purposely resembling the last panel of the second page when he springs at the mouse.
And if you were paying special attention you'll notice when Brice confronts his Nightmare that it opens and closes it's eye similar to what Brice does when hunting the mouse. I'll let you figure out the rest of the visual clues, but those were the more subtle that I thought were worth mentioning.

The color is also significant. Brice is shaded in grey, the Nightmare is of course black with red light, dreams and ideas are pink, and Brice is solid white with no shading in the last panels of his dream, in contrast to the darkness in the panels before. This is why I love visual story telling, and why I choose to do a comic instead of a traditional story for Brice. It can tell so much more then just words. I had so much fun planning and making this. It got hard to stay on track and keep the same quality as I went on, but that's what this Rune is all about right? Ultimately, I realized my goal of finishing it, and I think this Rune is worth all the effort I put into it.

The Nightmare/Black hole (which I have nicknamed "The Scribble Monster" because that's basically all it is) is suppose to represent writer's block/artist's block and everything that contributes to it. Not only does he suck up all the energy and muse in the story, but he sucked it all out of me too, and I grew to hate that darn Scribble Monster. Basically he is just a big, black scribble - easy enough to draw, but at the same time he is nothing but a big, black scribble. I can't even tell you how much graphite I went through drawing him. I spent hours of scribbling nothing but Scribble Monster (Exaggeration maybe, but it took a good deal longer then any other part). It got quite monotonous at times. Darn Scribble Monster sucking up all my energy... But he's the 'Scribble Monster' because that's what I do when I'm at a loss for ideas - whether it's writer's block or artist's block or whatever. Anger, frustration, doubt, laziness, whenever I feel this way, I always scribble crazy dark blobs of pencil graphite - which is what Brice's monster is too! Brice's lines are meant to be very concise, soft, and three dimensional, while the Nightmare is just scribbles of flat, black, messy ... scibbliness. XP

Some Storyboard Sketches

Planning Page

Exploratary Sketches

Artwork:

Dashing Dreams

Sketch

Animation:

Really rough (as in I literally did the whole thing in a day) animation, of some dream spark flight acrobatics. I finally figured out how to use Pencil, more or less (probably less, I still can't figure out how to color in Pencil – such an annoying program -_-), and also how to record my screen, so this was a fun experiment!

Dream Spark Rune Animation Step by Step
Last edited by Silverhart on Wed Jun 19, 2013 1:52 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Silverhart

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Neb » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm

Owner Name:
~DawnSpirit~
Name:
Myth
Personality:
Myth is a shy and slient type of rune. She can get excited when something great happens and starts talking fast and loud. She is a very friendly rune dragon who is still shy around friends
When I saw this rune I was amazed. She remineded me of Fanasty, Skylands, Magic, Storys, Wonder, Joy, Love, Dreams, Beauty and Truth all in one rune dragon. I never had a rune dragon so if I won she would be my first.
In my siggy and on my char website :3
Any Quirks:
One:Steals my hat
Two:Leaves dead mice inside my hat
Three:Sits on my should eating my ear...no its not funny
Four:Hides under my pillow eating....MY CANDY CORN NOOOO!
Five:Plays MY video games
Six:Writes amazing storys
Seven:Hangs upside down from her tail when I try to draw her ,_,

Other:
due to not having a table and sucking at a mouse Ill just make a short story(so I don't bore you XD) and maybe a poem
Last edited by Neb on Fri Jun 07, 2013 4:02 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Neb

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Mysty Fox » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:27 pm

This is aa absolutely BEAUTIFUL rune! XD
Congrats to the owner!
Last edited by Mysty Fox on Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mysty's Spot
Listening To: Fight Like A Girl - Emilie Autumn
Working On: Surviving the cold...
Mood: Cold…
Art Commissions: Closed.
Art Designs/Competitions: Open
dA: TaushaShea
Quote Of The Day: "For there is no such thing as justice,
all the best that we can hope for is revenge"
Character Thread: Runes/Characters
Checking Out: Eldemore

Mysty Fox