My dressups
Trade with me

pouring rain

Postby christina. » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:07 am

username;; christina.
      kalon name;; jezebel
      kalon gender;; female
      theme song;; valley of the dolls - marina & the diamonds
      what would they like to do instead of being a witch?;; she has always liked the “cooking” aspect of the craft. she was never fond of the casting of spells, or the long, boring chants day after day. she found her solace in gather herbs and hanging them above doorways, and in chopping them firmly, in washing the dirt away from the leaves, in grinding down cinnamon sticks into a find powder, in drying freshly plucked rose leaves—she found her peace in the most mundane things of the craft. while it bored her siblings to bits, they still needed that work to be done, and knowing that little bit of work put into the herbs was enough to make her feel more than useful. so, her interests lead to another, and she began baking in her spare time. while her mother would be out with her siblings casting protection spells on the doorways or whatever else they did, she pressed sage into sugar cookies and iced love potion cakes. she found a love for baking, even if it were for the craft she so despised. though she would never tell her mother that she didn’t want to be a witch. she couldn’t bare to see the look on her mothers face!
      {art by _silentsiren_!}

🌷personality🌷
      jezebel is a very softspoken girl with a lot going on in her head. she isn’t one to stand up for herself or speak her mind, so she relies more on others to make decisions for her. during the rare moments when she does get to make such decisions for herself, no matter how small and insignificant they might be, she feels a lot of pressure and has to ask for others opinions and goes off that. still, she wishes she was a much stronger kalon and often daydreams about what she would say, or how she would act, if she were able to speak up for herself, or at least voice an opinion. though rarely seen, she does have a bubbly personality beneath the thick walls she’s built up around herself. she can get quite talkative, but this only really happens when she’s alone with her sister or with a friend she trusts. she mostly keeps to herself out of fear of being vulerable. the isolation that comes from being born into a family of witches has also lead to her shyness and vulnerability.

🌷lost in the moment🌷
      jezebel quietly kneaded the dough with the heels of her paws. they ached from the arduous task of pressing into the dough over and over again, but it was relaxing, despite the drowsiness that came after making the dough. she was able to lose herself in the movements, and her thoughts lead from one thing to another. a picture of her own bakery would open up, with the smell of freshly-baked cookies and pastries filling every inch of her core, and despite the ache in her paws, the joy of such everlasting freedom and the weight of her mother’s pressure being lifted off of her shoulders made her feel so amazing. she hummed as she grabbed the container of jam filling from the table and started pushing it into the center of the tarts. she quickly opened the jar of sugar and sprinkled some over the top of the jam filling, and then a little sage, and some cinnamon, and some—

“oh my! these smell so good, jezebel. good job!”

she jumped at the sound of her mother’s voice, and the fantasy was gone before her eyes, and the jar of sugar had nearly slipped from her paws and shattered on the ground. her paws shook as she placed it back on the counter and went back to kneading the dough. “y-yes. thank you, mother.”

out of the corner of her eye, she saw her mother grabbing one of the warm tarts from the tray. she heard quiet crunching, and then felt a paw on her shoulder, and her mother’s nose on her cheek. “jezebel, these are so wonderful! you’ll save me some more, hm?”

she nodded and pressed harder into the dough. it was already softened by now, but she couldn’t work with her mother around. she felt too trapped, like she couldn’t express herself as much without facing some kind of criticism. it wasn’t that she hated her mother or anything like that—no, she could never—but the lack of freedom and the pressure of following in her pawsteps was too immense for her to handle. it was always in the back of her mind, always a weight on her shoulders.

Last edited by christina. on Tue Jan 09, 2018 2:19 pm, edited 4 times in total.
sometimes it feels like i’ve got a war in my mind,
i wanna get off but i keep ridin’ the ride

bailey ♥ she/her ♥ my kalons
christina.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: kalon kit readoption!

Postby broken* » Thu Jan 04, 2018 11:22 am

username;; broken*
      kalon name;; alenya ("bright shining light/beautiful")
      kalon gender;; female
      what would they like to do instead of being a witch?;; alenya was taught from a very young age how to be a witch, a dark magician one day. although that is not the path she later chose for herself, she still learned how to do it. while she was not the best with most versions of it, mainly due to lack of care or dedication during practice, there was one aspect of it that she excelled at and that was potion making. alenya enjoyed it as well, while she disliked that the potions would be used for dark purposes. when she first left home, she had not a clue what she would do with herself, her life, her future. but in time, during her travels, she found a position that she found perfect for herself. she began her training to become a fragrance chemist, the kalon who creates various colognes and perfumes with natural ingredients, such as essential oils, flowers, spices, fruits, roots, and other things. once growing into adulthood, she created her own shop, and is well known throughout the lands for her incredible, unique fragrances.
      extras;;
      personality;; alenya has always been on the friendly side of the spectrum. she enjoyed conversing with others, trying to make friends whenever she could. not that many other kalon kits were willing to become close to her, afraid of the danger of her mothers anger. she has had a flowing curiosity towards anything and everything, wishing to learn as much as she possibly could within the hours in a day. when she first left her home, she closed herself off, built up a wall around her heart to keep herself from being hurt. but that doesnt mean there's no one that can break through, earn her love and her loyalty.
      family relations;; {mother & sister}
      amora - when she was younger, a newborn kit, her mother treated her with love and loyalty, as she did with alenya's sister. but as they begin to grow older, mother's true colors started to show. with desdemona she remained soft and gentle, such a little momma's darling girl she was. but such was not the same with the poor dear alenya. unlike her sister, she had no desire to go into the field of witchcraft and dark magic. her mother taught her how to brew potions anyways, and while she hated it, it was the one thing amora forced her to learn that alenya truly excelled at. alenya knows that her mother loved her, in her own sort of way, but she was disappointed by the fact that her child wished to have nothing to do with amora's way of life.
      desdemona - alenya always wished to be close with her twin sister. when she was younger, she craved to be the best of friends with mona, wanting to tell each other everything. unfortunately that was not the life that the fates had designed for the pair. as time went on and mona became mother's favorite daughter, alenya grew apart from her twin. unfortunately, the two sisters were too different to ever be close in the way that alenya had dreamed them to be as a kit. mona was never the talkative type, and so whenever alenya tried to talk to her, to share her worries or fears, she was met with silence, was ignored. when she finally left her childhood home, leaving her sister and mother behind, mona didn't even say goodbye, simply turned a cheek as though alenya was betraying them by leaving. the havent spoken since.
--phoebe -- she/her -- pansexual--
broken*

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby womp womp » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:21 am

username;; Diamond Sapphire
    kalon name;; Lavanya
    kalon gender;; Female
    what would they like to do instead of being a witch?;; Lavanya was never significantly interested in the dark arts. Instead of following the footsteps of her dear mother and sister, she desired something more... tranquil. Something less complex and harmful and more simple and harmless. Something innocent and peaceful. Something like...

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCandle collecting?
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxCandle collecting, out of all things?

When Lavanya had first seem the wax-made item, her delight spread million times further than the light it shone. A sweet, oceanic scent drifted gently into her nose, loosening her muscles and making her worries ebb away. That's when she first knew, in her youthful mind, that the object casting light across the room was something that her world would be based on. So here we welcome:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxLavanya, the candle collector.

---

The wind drummed harshly against the thick panes of the windows, droplets of rain carried loosely along the roads of air. Loud rumbles of thunder roared, lightning slicing between the dark sky. Inside, Lavanya continuously tapped on the wooden chair she was sitting on, looking out of the window that was placed beside her. The storm had been thriving for a worryingly long time now, and boredom was creeping up on Lavanya. A slight frown forming on her face, she carefully stood up from her chair, standing frozen in place. Scanning the room, the only light source other than the occasional clashes of lightning from outside was a warm, orange glow. Lavanya cautiously sauntered towards it, curiosity glinting in her eyes. Turning a corner, she saw a short, cylinder shaped object, casting a flickering glow across the room. A mesmerizing flame wobbled above the object made out of a soft blue. Excitement flared inside Lavanya, scenting the fresh smell that drifted silently around her. Whatever this was...

...Lavanya knew it would soon be hers.
womp womp

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:38 pm

Heads Up!

Just a little reminder that there's 2 days left before judging! So hurry and get those forms completed!

I'll probably will have the winner up in about 2 days after the competition ends, good luck guys! <3
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vak » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:48 am

i. Username: ɴᴏᴠᴀᴋ xx ii. Name: Noelani xx iii. Gender: Female
iv. What would they like to do instead of being a witch?: Deriving from the predetermined path set in place for her by both mother and sister, Noelani has found passion in art - abstract tattooing to be exact. Though her artistic ability stems from the witch-y side of the family, she can't engage herself in such a craft whether it runs through the veins or not. The coven life simply is not for her.
v. Extras: poke 'n stick, falling out, art
vak

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Wed Jan 10, 2018 9:07 am

This Comp Is Now Closed!
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby doge fruit » Sat Jan 27, 2018 5:44 pm

aaah, sorry this took nearly the whole month to judge...

i don't have the right to give away honorable mentions but a lot of you had some very good and pretty hard to pick forms!
(as a knock-off HM for everyone that completed a form, you guys get virtual hugs+cookies! :D)

anyways, the winner for my sweet little rebel child is...

christina.!

Me and my judges thought the story was very touching, her new occupation is one of my favorite hobbies, and the song seems to fit her perfectly! Take care of little Jezebel!

As for everyone else, maybe I'll have another sort of re-adopt in the later future!...
doge fruit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby christina. » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:57 pm

oh thank you so much!!!! i just wokeup omg this made my day
sometimes it feels like i’ve got a war in my mind,