Re: Viscet #1601 - Ride The Waves~

Postby Virixin » Sat Jul 15, 2017 10:23 am

Username: lady lightwing.
Name: Noelani
Moodboard: xxx
Tale of the Kumonryu;

The Kumonryu is a Doitsu koi that has a jet black pattern that emerges like billowing black clouds against a white background. They say the Kumonryu koi symbolizes life changes and transformations.

Noelani lifted her head from her grandmother's side. The older Viscet had dozed off in the middle of her tale, once again. This story was her favorite. It told of a heroic female who went on a perilous journey and saved the life of the spirit of the Koi. Grateful, the Spirit Koi blessed her with a powerful talisman. Noelani knows the end of the story by heart, knowing that the talisman was lost at sea and hadn't been seen for years. There were rumors of where it could be, but no one was certain.

Her grandmother's breathing rattled quietly, head tucked against her chest. A smile creased Noelani's lips and she carefully parted from the other's side. Stepping backward into the sand that was lingering with warmth, Noelani turned to crept off without waking the peacefully sleeping Viscet. The moon's light radiated off the ocean's waves, brightening the island in a soft hue of silver.

The sand molded her feet, leaving paw prints with every gentle step. The scent of the ocean wafted through the air, Noelani's muscles relaxing at the welcoming scent. She then bunched them as she grew far enough from her grandmother's hut, sand flying in small clouds as Noelani darted and weaved through the palm trees.

Noelani had her mind made up. She was going after that talisman, even if she were gone for years at sea. Yet, she would leave her dearest family. Shaking her head, Noelani stopped as she reached the shore, the water licking calmly and slowly at the sand. Her gaze snapped to the lone boat, the one her father owned and had seemed forgotten after he found his family. He'd left it tied up where he'd know. This wasn't the first time Noelani had stumbled upon the old boat.

Noelani hesitated. She hadn't said goodbye, yet, there was no time to waste. Pushing the uncertainty away, she untied the boat and shoved. Closing her eyes tightly and exhaling quickly, Noelani leaped. Wood met her stomach and chest. A gasp parted her lips. The boat rocked in the waves that guided it out of the inlet. She peeked over the side. Fear and pride bubbled through her veins simultaneously. The moon hung overhead, seeming to light her way. Exhaustion suddenly washed over her, and Noelani tucked down to rest. There was truly no use to wasting her very much needed energy.

As days passed, Noelani grew to regret her decision. She missed her family dearly. Now, the only thing she had was the vast ocean surrounding her and her tiny boat. She'd spend hours singing to the open air, paw draped in the cool water as the boat floated. She'd occasionally rise to stir it if it went off course.

Noelani sniffed, raising her head off the edge. She raised her paw from the water, shaking it off. There was a change of smell and it was quite noticeable. Noelani eased to her feet, stepping to the front of her small boat. On the horizon, an island grew. Joy overcame her as she was finally able to see land. Yes, Noelani loved the ocean, but she'd been out on the water for days. She grabbed the oar and began to guide the boat towards the closest part of the island. Her heart was swelled with hope. Maybe this was the island the talisman had washed upon.

Within hours, Noelani was able to plant her feet in the sand. Shuddering in relief, Noelani did not waste time to explore every cave and inch of the island. From the waves, this island looked massive. Yet, upon the shore, it was rather... tiny. It took her from midday to well past midnight to scavenge the island. But.. there was no talisman. Noelani sighed, trudging back towards where her boat floated calmly.

Brokenhearted, Noelani stepped back inside the rocking boat. Her ears were back and she eased the boat back out onto open waves. She wouldn't be able to handle traveling to islands further away. She'd never stand to be so far away from her parents. Noelani rested on the bottom of the boat, covering her head with her paws to avoid the sounds of the world. She was utterly devastated.

It was past midnight. The moon hung in the sky look a well-deserved tapestry. Noelani was just stirring, sighing as she rested her head on the edge. She still felt utterly terrible she was unable to find it. It probably didn't exist anyway. Just when she about dipped back under, something caught her eyes. Noelani lowered her head to peer down at it, gasping softly as she spotted a beautiful sea turtle right beside the boat. Its eyes seemed to glow... and so did the rest of it. It was a ghostly blue, green dotting its shell and body in memorizing patterns. Speckles of what seemed to be glowing dust swirled off it into the eerily calm water.

What hung from its beak is what truly caught her attention. Noelani lurched forward, catching herself so her nose brushed the water. Hanging from its pointed beak was.. the talisman. It was a collar, hanging from it was a glass bubble. It looked much like it had been described. She reached out a paw hesitantly, biting her lip nervously. The turtle lifted its head past the surface, almost handing it to her. Carefully, she took it.

Almost instantly, it was as if power surged through her muscles. She gasped quietly before easing it on. In the bubble was a beautiful Kumonryu koi, moving in a repeated circle. Noelani leaned back to thank the turtle but blinked as she noticed it was gone. Her gaze turned back to the collar and she smiled widely, tears bubbling. She finally had it.

[ 1000 / 1000 ]
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1601 - Ride The Waves~ Extension!

Postby Stårry » Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:30 am

There has been an extension! This viscets competition now closes on
7/18/17 - Tuesday, July Eighteenth at 11:59 PM EST

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:09 am

Username:
muttgirl310

Name:
Coral

Nickname:
Splash

Moodboard

Extra:
It wasn't uncommon for Coral to find herself in new waters without knowing how she had got there, she was after all a very adventurous viscet. She just loved to swim and often swam for miles without even realizing it. Upon exploring the new cove she found, she decided she may remain here for a little bit longer. She loved diving among the colorful fish and brushing against the coral as she squeezed between the rocks. She popped her head up out of the water for some air when she heard a voice calling from the shore.

"Hello!" A brown viscet called out to her, waving his paw in the air.

Not accustomed to seeing others, Coral quickly dove back down in the water and vanished beneath the waves. She swam to a small inlet away from where she saw the viscet and carefully climbed the bank. She peered around the rocks looking for the viscet she had seen but it looked like he had moved on. She sighed and sat against the rocks, wondering what a viscet would be doing this far from the mainland. She couldn't remember seeing any viscet in recent time, no one liked to stray so far, unlike her. She closed her eyes for a moment before being startled awake.

"You made quite the splash there. Almost looked like you were running from me." The brown viscet had returned and was now perched on a rock nearby.

Coral jumped to her feet and prepared to run if this new viscet decided to come any closer. He smiled at her, reassuringly and held his paws up.

"I am not here to harm you. Just figured I would say hello to someone who must be like me." He added and Coral was confused.

"Like you? What do you mean by that?" She asked, still wary of this stranger.

"Well if you have found yourself way out here then you must like to explore and adventure just as much as I do!" He suggested and Coral shrugged.

"Well I guess. However I prefer the water whereas you seem to prefer land." She pointed out and he nodded.

"I do indeed prefer land over sea but I do not hate the water." He said before holding a paw out to her, "my name is Prairie."

She cautiously approached and shook his paw, "I am Coral."

He nodded and looked in the trees a bit before giving a soft whistle like call. Coral was taken aback and moved away from him nervously. Had he brought others? Was he here to take over the island? The branches above her shook and a small little face peered down at her from up in the tree.

"Oh there you are Crow!" Prairie called and Coral looked up at this creature he had called Crow. He certainly looked nothing like a crow, they were black birds that she had often spotted on land. This was a brown little weasel of sorts but she had never seen anything like it.

The creature jumped from the branches and perched on Prairie's shoulder as if he was a part of the viscet. Prairie stroked his head gently and then looked back at Coral, "this here is Crow, my little companion. He likes to explore with me so we have plenty of travels together."

Coral found her curiosity overriding her fear, "What is he?"

"He is a little Pine Marten. You wouldn't have seen one here. They tend to live more north than this." Prairie spoke and Coral found him to actually be full of interesting information.

Within that night, they spoke of many things including Prairie's travels, which Coral found fascinating. She had never known there to be so many different lands. Prairie focused mostly on the places where he had com across distinct bodies of water, knowing her interest with it. She listened as he spoke of lakes and rivers and beaches with pink sand. She urged him for more information about caverns with glistening pools in them and the ponds which held numerous fish, while not as colorful as the ones found in the reef were still as beautiful and amazing to watch. Coral was captivated by this new viscet and suddenly wanted to join him on his travels. She wanted to see the world with him and experience the amazing things he had seen.

She cut into the story Prairie was telling her and blurted out, "can you take me?"

He looked up at her shocked and then a wide grin spread across her face, "of course!"

Coral realized that she had just made her first friend. Well friends she should say as she looked at Crow making his way through the stones scattered around where they had settled for the night.

Words: 798

Extra 2:
Coral watched Prairie and Crow as they made their way across the sand. Crow chased the waves across the shore and Coral ran to the water. Sliding into the water was as natural to her as running was for other viscets and when she popped her head up Prairie was laughing, "You make such a wave when you get into the water there Splash!"

Crow watched Coral spiral in the water and splashed his front paws in the water, chittering loudly. Coral laughed and returned to the shore, "Wanna ride little one?"

Crow looked towards Prairie first who nodded before jumping onto her back. Together they sped through the water, Coral careful to keep Crow above the water as she twisted and turned. Prairie watched the two from where he stood in the shallows, fish swarming his legs and nibbling him slightly. Crow chattered louder as Coral slowed to just float in the water and he pointed at the water. Coral turned her head to see she had attracted a curious pod of dolphins with her swimming. Prairie joined her as the dolphins began to jump and leap over her and Crow. They seemed eager to have some fun with the viscets.

Words: 202
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Stårry » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:29 pm

- Judging in process c: -

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Viscet #1601 - Ride The Waves~ Judged!

Postby Stårry » Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:36 pm

Results ;w;

I'll keep this one short and sweet ^^
Shoutout to Shaded for their really cute art and idea, I really wanted to hear more ;o; It was super intriguing~
Second shoutout to Sableshine, I loved your mood board and your story really had me trying to imagine a history c:

I really loved reading these, in the end I went with the stories that kept me wondering what the future holds:
Specifically it came to Tenlittlesoldierboys and Lady lightwing c:
Both of your forms played out like movies in my head, and I really love when that happens <3
It shows what exceptional writing the two of you are capable of.

What my decision came down to in the end was simply the moodboard actually and I tried to get a good feel of the story off of those, since its what the star of the contest was ^^

As a result of that,

This viscet will be going to lady lightwing
I absoloutly adored the use of the koi, and the meaning it held was wonderful. It felt a lot longer than 1000 words- due to me pausing to play out the scene in my head sort of like I was reading a novel, I lost track of time c:

I wish I could give an RU ;o; But as I cannot I'm sending a trade of some wishlist pets because Ten, you story was truly beautiful none the less <3
I especially loved the breathing underwater part, and I really was imagining all the gorgeous art that could come from that. I really hope you use your idea again some day- maybe even on my next ga entry cause its going to be ocean themed as well~

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to
fly away with me
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SableShine » Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:44 pm

Congrats Lady Lightwing! I was pretty sure I'd lose to you, hahahah. Very well won! I doubt you'll wavy to given my skill level hahahah but you're welcome to have that art of you want it. The mood board too :-)

Thank you for the shout out Xayah :-) I was really pleased with the mood board so I'm glad you liked it! Looking forward to what else you have in store for us, I'm really loving your viscets.
ForUM is the place you are reading this. A foRM is a set of questions you fill out.
SableShine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tenlittlesoldierboys » Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:41 pm

Congrats light! ♥
    Your story was really adorable <3

And thanks so much, Xayah! <3
    pls stop with the kindness
    I'm totally going to use that story again
    Possibly even with your next GA Cet cx
    or I'll just let you make a custom for me

the sun to my moon ☀️🌕
they/them or he/him
teacher and writer from Austria
die-hard horror enthusiast
computer game obsessed
literature, film & tv-nerd
Viscets - toyhouse
tenlittlesoldierboys

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Virixin » Fri Jul 21, 2017 2:16 am

Oml <3 Thank you! c:
    I'll take great care of her<3

Everyone's form was amazing ^u^
    It sure was a tough competition!
Virixin

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby muttgirl310 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 3:06 am

Congrats! Your story was absolutely adorable!! Let me know if you want friends!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
┌────────────┐
coding art credit profile icon
my viscets dogons my art shop
● ● ━━━━━━━━━━━ ● ●
Hey I am Muttgirl but feel free to
call me mutt. I own a species on
here called Dogons and am always
willing to help out whenever I can
so do not be afraid to reach out or
send me a pm. I can help a little
with adoption forms and do some
art, although it's not amazing.

└────────────┘
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
muttgirl310

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby maritime. » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:23 am

maritime.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me