My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Kalon #971 — Ocean Spirit

Postby VanossGaming » Sat Mar 25, 2017 4:55 pm

Username: Liongoddess.
Name: Kori.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Do They Like the Ocean? Why/Why Not?:
Kori has been in love with the ocean ever since she was a young kit. Her parents took her to the oceanside frequently. She's always believed in the possibilities of mermaids and keeps a watch for the sirens that lurk in the deep. Kori tends to keep a journal of all the mysterious things she's seen by the water. She'll stroll down the beaches at night. It helps calm her down in the most stressful times. Most of the Kalons that live nearby call her "Ocean Walker" because of the frequent walks she takes.

The moonlight streamed in through the window. The sounds of the waves crashing against the distant shore woke Kori from her sleep. She sat up, listening to the sounds. The ocean was calling to her. Kori crawled out of bed getting on some comfortable walking clothes. She looked over, checking the digital clock by her bedside table. 1:30am the clock read. Kori walked down the stairs making her way to the beach. It was only a three minute walk from her house to the shoreline. She could hear the noises coming from a house down the street. Music and people laughing. "There goes the Ocean Walker again." Someone chuckled from the balcony. She ignored them all. When she was far enough away from the party house she let the sounds of the ocean calm her. The crashing of the waves and the roaring sound they made. Watching the little shells move with the receding waters. Suddenly there was a sound. That one someone, or something singing. Kori looked around. There was nothing to see but the crashing of the waves and the moonlight shining down making them sparkle. She tried to relax. She was worried over nothing it seemed. Clear as day it sounded again through the waves. A clear crisp voice. Kori felt drawn to this mysterious entity. It was sweet and melodic. A quick sight of a pair of fins, a glimmer of scales. Kori thought she was going crazy. There couldn't be one out this far. Why would a Siren be luring her out? Her feet touched the water. It was freezing cold. Yet she was attached and couldn't walk away. The waves crashed over her body, fur soaked and sticking. She could just make out a figure now. A fish like bottom and a furry head that seemed to stay completely dry. His voice was melodic. It was so beautiful that Kori almost wanted to sing right along. The closer she got however, the more numb her body started to become. The siren stared at her, knowing full well he had her trapped. "This'll be the end of me," Kori thought, embracing her fate. She was grabbed suddenly, water overtaking her. The last things she remembered was the faint glow of the moon and the gnash of clashing notes.

✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧ ✧

Last edited by VanossGaming on Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:03 am, edited 5 times in total.

Ezra• Aries • He/Him

Weirdo at Work!!
Formerly known as liongoddess
Always looking for Egypt 2014 Pets!! Feel free to send trades!! Most wanted in my wishlist❤️❤️

My KalonsCheck out Ghostpits!©
VanossGaming

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Sat Mar 25, 2017 6:00 pm

pidge / tahiti / adrogynous

Tahiti loves water with her entire being, don't get me wrong here. She's never felt more at
home, or more like she belongs, than when her body is submerged in the lukewarm depths.
The water is peaceful, and nourishing, and Tahiti adores it.

But, the ocean is absolutely terrifying. And not even just the ocean, any body of water that
isn't a pool or bathtub. It's not that she doesn't want to love the lakes and especially the oceans -
if you were to get her into the water and take her mind off why she hates it, it'd be the best
part of her day! She could be considered a tad selfish, almost wishing there was nothing beneath
the waves except for her.

Tahiti is afraid of what's in the water. Thalassophobia, in a sense...she knows that the water itself
would never harm her intentionally, whether she's literally an 'ocean spirit' or not water isn't there
to kill. The seaweed, entangling your legs and dragging you under, a large fish waiting for the
perfect moment to grab a hold of you and eat you alive, cutting yourself on the coral reef if you
wander too far. And that's just the stuff we know is down there!

Part of her fear (while it's much more than that, truthfully) is a fear of the unknown, as well. The
ocean is so vast, and we know so little about it, while such magnificent things can exist within it;
horrible, terrifying things must also exist. She isn't one to judge based on looks, an 'ugly' fish is an
'ugly' fish..no harm done, really. But, she's more afraid of the large things that could be there.
Megaladon, for example, is rumored to still exist, and if something that extreme is out there some-
where what's stopping bigger things from existing? Heck, mermaids and sirens could exist for all Tahiti
knows, and they've been known to lure people to their deaths.

For this reason, Tahiti adores aquariums; they give her the opportunity to experience life under the
waves, without having to worry about being caressed by anything on a regular swim(brief touches are
the worst). Aquariums bring out the beauty in the sea, for her, and she would never deny that it's a very
beautiful thing. She truly loves nothing more than water, and could maybe learn to love what's in it one
day, instead of fearfully respecting it. Oftentimes she'll sit at the beach, letting the waves come up and
lick her toes, longing for her crippling anxiety she gets whenever she thinks of what's beneath her in the
water, to disappear.
Last edited by foxxbreath on Tue Mar 28, 2017 4:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby akame, » Sat Mar 25, 2017 11:31 pm

Username: Akame-chan
Name: tbd
Res <3
akame,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Areater » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:48 am

Username: areater
Name: coralie
Do They Like the Ocean? Why/Why Not?: absolutely! coralie is french and her name actually means coral. therefore, it is no surprise that she ended up becoming fascinated with coral reefs. although she is also interested in the mysteries of the deep ocean, these underwater "forests" of life are what truly capture her attention. she became a diver as soon as her family could afford it and started learning english and working as much as possible so that she would have enough money to buy good gear and save for college. when she was eighteen, she moved to the united states to go to a college with a good marine biology program. now she's a marine biologist who specializes in coral reef research and protection. if you ever get her started talking about the ocean, it'll be hard to get her to stop, because the ocean is her passion.
Art: xxx // without overlay
Last edited by Areater on Mon Mar 27, 2017 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
Areater

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby narancia. » Sun Mar 26, 2017 12:54 am

Username:IrinaHow23
Name:TigerLily
Do They Like the Ocean? Why/Why Not?:Yes,because she think that the ocean had great power that helped her and her family to live peacefully with no harm.

┍━━━━━━━━┑
    ナランチャ・ギルガ
    Narancia Ghirga
    Stand:
    Aerosmith
    Favourite food:
    Pizza margherita with mushrooms
    🍕🍄
    “If I can't find your breath
    all because the fire's too big..
    then I'll just have to make it bigger!”
    —Narancia, Chapter 477

┕━━━━━━━━┙

narancia.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dolly » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:12 am

Username: DollyDo
Name: Hali'a
Do They Like the Ocean? Why/Why Not?: Not at all! I mean who could, first of all the water is salty, the creatures are scary, the plants are gross, and the beaches are to sandy. She could go on for hours and hours about how horrible it is and why you should never go swim in it or generally be around it. She has a hatred for seaweed and everything it stands for and a fear of the weird fish that lay just beneath the surfaces so some of that hatred comes from fear.
She never liked the ocean and never will. From a young age she had bad experience to bad experience and they just left a salty taste in her mouth. The first memory she has with it is when she tripped over seaweed and fell onto a rock gaining a bruise and a cut on her leg she has to this day. From then on she'd always get send everywhere, trip over seaweed, trip on rocks, fall on rocks, get bitten by something, get stung by something, etc. etc. until she was completely done with everything the ocean stood for. Sure water is good but she doesn't want to swim in salty water, fresh water is great though.

wiiipp
────────────
da | they/them | th
────────────
dolly

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sandstorm814 » Sun Mar 26, 2017 2:45 am

Username: Sandstorm814

Name: Marina - Meaning "Of The Sea" in many European languages.

Do I like the ocean? Boy, you are a funny one, aren't you? The sea has made my life its own, for it seems I cannot make my own choices anymore. I often wake up, submerged in icy water, with no recollection of how I got there. The first 16 years of my life were normal, I suppose. My parents were studiers of ocean life, and when I was little I used to love to accompany them on their boat rides around the world. That is, until the summer of my 17th birthday.
We went to a secluded island for the summer. It was rich with flora and fauna, and a treasure trove of undiscovered marine life. 2 weeks in, late at night my parents woke me up, shaking me to rid myself of the sleep that lingered in my body. They had wanted me to see this miraculous rare arrangement of the migrations, or something like that. They said it would be a once in a lifetime chance. It was probably 1 in the morning, yet they persisted and convinced me to embark a small rowboat with them. At first the waters were calm, a gentle guide like a soft breeze in fall. But those light breezes in autumn turn into blizzards in the winter. Suddenly, I looked up from the enchanting school of fish in the water, for they were swimming away fratically, for reasons I could not fathom.
But then-Then, I saw it. Rows of monster waves were to be upon us, coming out of seemingly nowhere. They were certainly no match for the old rowboat we were in. I opened my mouth to warn my parents, but my mouth was filled with sea water. I was engulfed by the first wave. Everything after that is fuzzy, fuddling up my mind when I attempt to reconcile it. I'll try to tell you what happendned to the best of my ability. As soon as I came up from being submerged, I barely had time to gasp for air before another wave crashed into me without mercy. This pattern continued for what seemed like hours on end, before I blacked out. I woke up maybe 2 days later washed up on the beach of the same island I had spent my previous 2 weeks on. I was covered head to toe with sand, and was scared for my life. I didn't know where my parents were, or how I could call for help. After a week of panic, and failed attempts to connect civilization, I found them. They has washed up on the beach too, like I had, but-
.....................it-
I gave them the best burial I could, and wept for days. My tears seem to be the same saltwater that I had consumed so much when the boat capsized. For 2 months I wandered aimlessly around the island, never eating and rarely drinking. I was never parched or hungry for I was not completely kalon anymore, or would ever be again. I merely just existed, like a ghost of the kalon I used to be. I became more and more drawn to oceans outside the sand border on the island, despite my loathing of it for what it had done. I sometimes couldn't control the urge, and went for a swim, hating every second of it. I discovered I could hold my breath underwater for long periods of time, far more than I should. I also saw things, that shouldn't be real, yet they were still there, such as small green fairies hiding in the kelp. One day I found myself swimming away from the island, for good. I didn't know where I was going, yet I couldn't turn back. I simply didn't have the control anymore. After the fateful night of the boat ride, the ocean had taken residence in part of me, somehow, to lift the burden of being such a great entity.
I ended up at a chain of much larger islands, after 3 days of nonstop swimming. There were kalons on the beach, which I was horrified to see. Since losing who I really was, I came to despise any type of interaction. But when my paws, useless to my resistance, pulled up on the beach, no one did anything. They acted as if I wasn't there. A small kit came put to me, and to my horror, passed right through me! I wondered if I was dead. It is a possiblitlty. Now, I have come to the conclusion I am in that in a in-between stage- I should of died, but I was saved. At a cost- My own humanity. I wish the sea would have just let me die, but alas, it is no use for my pleas are left unanswered. So now, you traveler, I roam the lands, not quite dead, but not quite alive either, I eat not food or drink unless I truly need it, and sleep rarely, for the supposed solitude is plauged by nightmares, and black-outs, where I lose even more of what once was kalon in me.
And so the sea may be beutiful, young traveler, remember that even roses have thorns.

Last edited by Sandstorm814 on Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:10 pm, edited 5 times in total.
╔═══════════════════╗
x
x
x

Hey! I'm bree, and i’m not really that active. Looking to collect rare items

Image - Image - Art Shop-

╚═══════════════════╝
Sandstorm814

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lacewing » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:20 am

Username: Tallyhall
Name: Kells Marie Tywod (tywod, a welsh word meaning "sand")
Kells is terrified of the ocean. The mere thought of those gaping, endless waves dragging them under send chills down Kells' spine. The idea that almost none of the ocean is known or explored, and that anything could be hiding down there is just plain spooky! Ever since their cousin drowned on a beach trip, Kells has been warier than ever of the sea. They didn't know the cousin that died, but had to go to the funeral anyway. Just thinking that that huge body of water could drain the life out of someone... Is sort of humbling, but also frightening. Kells shies away from boats, swimming, or even crossing bridges that stretch over an ocean or sea. Their top nightmare includes the ocean, actually. The dream takes place on the ocean shore. The seaweed stretches for miles, and the bittersweet stench of the sea fills their senses. Waves splash up onto their feet. They hear the gulls screaming overhead. The water extends up to their neck suddenly, filling their mouth with saltwater. And then they wake up, shaken by the awful dream. In Kells' opinion, there is no fear worse than the ocean.
art
Last edited by lacewing on Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿

magpie

she/they

lesbian!!!

i am quitting and looking to trade most of my pets for art or characters here!
my toyhouse! (under construction)
✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿✿
lacewing

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby *JACKAL* » Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:28 am

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺

Username: *JACKAL*

Name: Aquamarine

Do They Like the Ocean? Why/Why Not?: Yes

Well many things. I mean, on the one hand, she loves
diving in when it's a warm day. The cools water
rushing over her is just really refreshing. Yes she
can jump into a stream, but the waves rushing over
her is also therapeutic. There is always the fitness
side of things, Aqua loves to swim against the
waves, and as a result is a very strong Kalon.
She has hours of fun surfing on her belly, loves looking
at the fish and coral. Jumping waves is always a
fave past times too. She did a lot of this when she was
a baby. Her parents called her a water baby, or fish,
and that's part of the reason for her name.

[/right]

༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
Last edited by *JACKAL* on Sat Apr 08, 2017 10:10 am, edited 9 times in total.

█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌
█ ▌