Re: || Lunar New Year Adopts || Rooster || 10

Postby kanadensis » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:04 am

Username: kanadensis
Name: Arion
10 word personality: A disgraced king bound by love and an eternal curse.
What do they do at the crack of dawn? [500/500]

The bone-chilling shriek echoed through the valley, leaving trees, home, and waking souls shuddering in its wake. For Arion it was his habitual wake up call, something he seemingly never got tired of hearing. He hummed to himself as he prepared a large basket of food and flowers gathered from the garden outside of his home. The small cottage overlooking the valley could only be described as quaint, compared to the life he had once known. But that was in the past, and Arion dreaded to think about anything but the present.

Basket overflowing with gifts and the like, he made his way nimbly up the slope. Arion was both strong and agile for his age, having repeated the same trek every morning without fail for the last decade at least - or had it been more? Only his memory had started failing him, pushed aside by his ever-consuming thoughts of her. Some days were better than others, but there were times he could hardly remember his own name.

After nearly an hour of climbing, low rumbles that sent tremors through the rock signaled to him that he was nearly there. Arion’s heart quickened, putting an extra jump in his step. He would push the large boulder form the mouth of the cave, earning excited squawks from the creature that lay within. The clanking of chains against stone accompanied by soft growls, and finally the sight of the beast emerging from the shadows - its tattered feathered wings, winding serpentine tail, and last of all a rooster’s head with a beak as sharp as a knife’s blade - brought a wave of relief over Arion. He set the basket down, tipping it over unceremoniously to deposit its content onto the floor of the cave. The cockatrice stepped toward the offering to inspect it before pecking at the food.

“How are you my love? I brought your favourite flowers. They were in full bloom this morning.” A genuine smile tugging at his lips - to him, she had been the most beautiful creature he had ever laid eyes on - and even now, it was all that he could see when he gazed upon her.

“Aleida my dear, I have a feeling...that something big will come soon, and we can go back to the way things were.”
The beast stopped and cocked its head to the side, as if pondering his words, then returned to eating.

Arion - the Disgraced. King of the stronghold Dawn’s Light. A proud and strong man, though liable to follow his whims. Married Aleida, a peasant of no name, much to the disapproval of the people. It is said that he sought the help of a witch to make Aleida of true noble blood so that they could be the pride of his family. The poor Aleida, receiving the worst of the spell, was transformed into a horrid cockatrice, which Arion was only partly affected. The pair were banished to the mountains overlooking Dawn’s Light.

Last edited by kanadensis on Wed Feb 28, 2018 9:52 am, edited 7 times in total.
Kana/KB | She/Her xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx THcommsmy kalons
( - - - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx avatarsig )
xxxna for kalons | open: questions | closed: growth approvals, myo approvalsxxxxx
kanadensis

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Moooniee » Wed Feb 28, 2018 1:32 am

Username: Moooniee
Name: Buzdin
10 word personality: Buzdin is a rebellious Kalon who sees himself as a leader.
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.) Buzdin is an early bird. He wakes up right when the sun begins to rise. He right away gets ready and goes to awaken his friends. He understands people see him as an annoying friend, but he cannot help it. It is how he lives his life and he is proud.
xImage
┌───────┐

Moooniee

cs member
since 2016

check out links

└───────┘
┌─────────────────────┐

feel free to pm any questions!
mostly active on weekends

i do take commissions!
i love kalons!

don't be afraid to message me!
i promise i don't bite ♡
art/drawing is a passion of mine

└─────────────────────┘
┌───────┐

└───────┘
xImage
Moooniee

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby cocogerber13 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 12:17 pm

Username: cocogerber13
Name: Nikkou
10 word personality: Thinks he is the sun but acts like the moon
What do they do at the crack of dawn? (500 words MAX.) Nikkou lives in a town that is a bit small, but very well known for showing great hospitality. Nikkou does his part with the rest of his village with making vistitors and passerby feel welcome, but his most important job is the one done at dawn; lighting the lanterns throughout the village. Nikkou wakes very early due to his sensitivity of the light (inculding the sun’s first rays) and has put it upon himself to light a torch and take it to light every lantern around the village square and then to the main paths leading into and out to any travelers who have decided to get an early start to the day.
cocogerber13

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

ka moa ;; terrible things for good reasons

Postby castiiian » Wed Feb 28, 2018 6:40 pm

username:
      x x x castiiian
      name:
      x x x kāmoa / ka moa
      10 words:
      x x x "i'll protect you, even if it means doing terrible things."
      crack of dawn: ( 233/500 words )
      each and every night, without fail, the beast of ka moa comes out.

whether or not he is a beast of the literal kind, or the figurative kind, is up to the imagination of his victims. some say he transforms, much like a werewolf, leaping from above to gouge prey and predator alike with sharp spurs. others say that he dons a latex rooster mask and, armed with a baseball bat, wrecks havoc in town.

he's somewhat of a neutral vigilante, attacking both criminals and innocents to get his way- his morals a mess of everything between black and white. each and every night he stays out until just an hour before the crack of dawn. in the final hour of night, he returns home, melting to his natural state and passing out shortly after from exhaustion.

ka moa wakes up at the first hint of sunlight everyday without fail.

he spends his morning cleaning up his collection of injuries from the last night, generally taking care of himself until he can make his way to the kitchen, and make himself a cup of black coffee.

he sips his coffee while watching the television, listening to each opposing news station's viewpoint of him. some see him as a hero, lessening the amount of dangerous people on the streets; while others see him as a vengeful beast, with a lust for battle and blood.
Last edited by castiiian on Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:43 pm, edited 10 times in total.
castiiian
Oekaki Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DeadDadCrew » Thu Mar 01, 2018 6:38 am

Username: Infected Souls
Name: Ethan
10 word personality: Sarcastic, immature, annoying, loud mouthed, but still a good friend.
What do they do at the crack of dawn? He likes to ether go to his sleeping friends house and yell as loud as he can right out side their window, or tape weapons to mannequins and leave them in public places.
Peter|he/him
DeadDadCrew

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tigressa » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:46 am

Extended the end date to March 3rd, 2018 @ 11:59 PM! ^^
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby sobble » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:46 am

// is it ok to include this kal in a form for the pig kal? ): even tho this kal isn’t technically ‘mine’ i just feel like they’d be friends agh
    They/them | Adult | PA student
    Prone to experiencing mental illness, please be nice.
    I love pokemon, coffee, and my late kitty Cleo.
    PMs OK for reminders or commissions/discord tag
    Art credits linked to images!
    Kals
sobble

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby theexileofkiem » Thu Mar 01, 2018 9:49 am

junkratss wrote:// is it ok to include this kal in a form for the pig kal? ): even tho this kal isn’t technically ‘mine’ i just feel like they’d be friends agh

Thats what I was thinking XD
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
my kalons|my lux lacerti

I'm an artist for Lux
---
they|pagan|taken

theexileofkiem

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby tigressa » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:37 am

junkratss wrote:// is it ok to include this kal in a form for the pig kal? ): even tho this kal isn’t technically ‘mine’ i just feel like they’d be friends agh

I don't mind it ^^ go ahead
tigressa

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby solasta » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:50 am

Username: solasta | Name: dagny (dawn-yay) nabu | 10 word personality: staying humble, humility
      is what will make a true man. | What do they do at the crack of dawn? (264 words total) -----------
      at the crack of dawn, a lone song will be heard. under the veil of the sunrise a handsome male can
      be occasionally found. fallen russet brown feathers lay. a path of cold dirt, through the mildew -
      covered trees, he lies. alone. a handsome male driven to solitude. he stares into the dimmed
      morning sun singing his beautifully written songs. with the sun as muse, he is a male siren. luckily,
      no one has crossed the males path, or one will fall head over heels for his song. lusting for only
      his highly pitched voice. humility is what he would call it. ungrateful for his beautiful gift, drives
      him to yet be humble to only himself. he felt odd. different from most males given song. the
      average voice that would make a female lust for the males, for their deep voice. his on the other
      hand was of a higher scale. he is humiliated by himself. he wants the stereotypical masculine
      voice. he felt lower than most. unworthy of sorts. it is not the truth though. he was originally
      driven from others due to their jealousy. jealous of his beautiful gift. other males avoided him.
      he was not aloud to interact with females nor his family. he was outcasted. he took it as if he was
      not normal. little did he know it was because that he held true talent most men could never have.
      driven to only a lonely forest. to wait for the sun to waken, in which would watch him and
      appreciate and accept his beautiful imperfection of his without judgement.
      ██████████████████████████████████████████
Last edited by solasta on Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.
solasta

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me