Range Trotter #STF034 by Pandapop

Based on Click to view
Artist Pandapop [gallery]
Time spent 38 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
8 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF034

Postby Pandapop » Thu May 16, 2024 5:30 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

The pirates seem eager to get rid of this Trotter, and all but hand the reins over to you without much of a fuss...
What happened?
((For anyone that has yet to win a Trotter with the Angel Stripes gene.))

End Date: 5/18/24

Username: HowlingHooves
Show Name: Open Seas Banshee
Barn Name: Siren
Height: 14hh
Eye Color: Amethyst Geode
Phenotype: Silver Death's Touch Grullo Angel Stripes Utsuri Koi
Genotype: EE aa Dd Zz Dtdt AstrAstr Ukuk
    - Dominant for extension [E_]
    - Will always pass angel stripes [Astr_]
    - Fin, mane and tail edits pass at artist's discretion
Last edited by Pandapop on Sun May 19, 2024 9:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF034

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Thu May 16, 2024 5:48 am

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Show Name: Fallen Wood Oasis
Barn Name: Amphipod
Height: 14.5hh
Halter Color: artist choice!
Prompt: Has an affinity for chewing through wood that the pirates didn't know about, by the time anyone checked on him he had chewed partially through the hull door keeping him and the other Trotters hostage and set a bunch of other horses free, and rounding them up again took ages. They're just lucky he didn't chew through the hull of the ship instead! Anyway. Good luck keeping this guy in a stall <3

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aizaka » Thu May 16, 2024 5:51 am

Username: Aizaka
Show Name: Myths Of The Deep
Barn Name: Dalgia
Height: 14.3 hh
Halter Color: Matching the eyes
Prompt: She keeps biting anyone who comes near and threatening to curse the ship. She can't actually curse them, but knows pirates are a superstitious lot.

(I normally look up name meaning before using, if there is another meaning anyone knows please tell me. From what I found Dalgia means 'spicy' or 'fiery', and 'Daga' means 'fish' or 'multitudinous' (both in Hebrew). )
Aizaka

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby green. » Thu May 16, 2024 10:04 am

Username: green.
Show Name: RWS Where The Wild Things Are
Barn Name: Luke
Height: 14.3hh
Halter Color: artist choice
Prompt: Luke isnt the most careful stallion, hes quite clumsy, and keeps knocking into the pirates gold. their tired of cleaning up after him.
"Night falls
With gravity
The earth turns
From sanity"

L - they/them - est
x | x | x
l
u
n
a
r
green.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ImogenEquine » Thu May 16, 2024 5:50 pm

Username: ImogenEquine
Show Name: Mariana Trench
Barn Name: Mariana
Height: 15 hh
Halter Color: bi pride flag inspired, please
Prompt: You know how horses don't typically tend to lie down all that much? Well, Mariana doesn't care about the norm. This mare lies down a lot, and given the conditions on the ship, this means she was almost *always* dirty. The dank, tiny stalls are full of manure and slightly soggy bedding, so every time she lied down, all of this uh... unsavoury... material stuck to her, making her in need of *yet another* thorough cleaning. The pirates quickly became sick and tired of this high-maintenance mare, and even threw in a bar of soap when they passed her reins to me for FREE (which is shocking - we're talking about pirates here!).
╔══════════════════════╗

you don't have to say 'I love you' to say 'I love you'

my poor mental health is a WIP, much like this sig
feel free to pm me to chat or anything c:

⠀ ⠀⠀ artist ♘ d&d player ♘ sapphic ♘ adopts ⠀⠀⠀ Image

╚══════════════════════╝
══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════
⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ (my goodness, I hope to own a cinnamon roll some day)
⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ ⠀ Image
ImogenEquine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Fri May 17, 2024 2:25 am

Height: 14 hh
    Halter Color: if pearls, a silvery blue; if netting, natural driftwood + sunbleached tan rope.
    Prompt: She’s pretty, but once the sun sets? She just… she screams. She’ll scream for hours. It’s not so loud underwater, of course, but on land or ship? Ear bleeding shrieking that sends shivers down the spine and makes you wanna rip your hair out. Shes just trying to practice for the next ocean idol..
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby blackhoeses » Fri May 17, 2024 7:14 am

Username: blackhoeses
Show Name: The Curious Matey
Barn Name: Matey
Height: 16 hh
Halter Color: light grey
Prompt: Matey is a big softy, almost puppy like in how he will fallow a human/pirate around. With his tall size this can cause some problems with him running into things. The real problems started when Matey made friends with Petty the parrot. Petty thought Matey how to open things and now nothing is safe from this duo. These two have even manged to break in to the Captins special food and drink locker. Needles to say the pirates are egear to pass on this curious duo as soon as possible.

xxxxxxxxxxxx
✼ "Beauty is, as beauty does.
That is not a name.
Yes it is Beauty. Black beauty " ✼

Hodgepodge FarmRange Trotters
Nutty Horse RanchWhite Champion's Valdiac Barns
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx
©

xxxxxxxxxxxx

blackhoeses

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fruitbat » Fri May 17, 2024 1:04 pm

Username: fruitbat
Show Name: Taste of Perfection
Barn Name: Ambrosia
Height: 14hh
Halter Color: artist choice <3
Prompt: Ambrosia came onto the ship and weaved her way around not walking the plank by cooking better food than the pirate chef! Ask any of the crew... she made a mean seafood chowder, scrumptious vegetable stew, and even introduced them to bread and butter pudding! However, you can imagine the jealousy and anger this caused the pirate chef. He threatened to first throw Ambrosia overboard, then burn the ship until it was ash and dust. So, the pirates did what they do best and struck a deal with him, willing to keep their lives and loose good food.
fruitbat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Zentropy » Sat May 18, 2024 9:08 am

Username: Zentropy
Show Name: ZG Haul Away
Barn Name: Chantey
Height: 15.1hh
Halter Color: deep gold
Prompt:
Pirates are well known for not being the superstitious types (not really!) and this crew was no exception. Key word being "was." The day this mer-trotter was hauled aboard was when all the spooky stuff started to happen. First it was ghostly figures seen in the corners of eyes by the nightwatch, then it was missing personal belongings. One crew member insists that he heard a woman's voice singing in the hold where they keep the trotters, but when he went down to check, there was no one around. Maybe it was just the light from his lantern that caused him to see an almost unholy grin from their newest catch, but he dared not stick around long enough to check. When one of the jib sails ripped and a massive crack was found in the main mast, the captain ordered all trotters off the boat as there was something cursed about them and he wanted nothing to do with it. That's how Chantey ended up on dry land and up for adoption...hopefully not to cause more trouble to those who happen across her path next ;)
Call me Zen! Image

ImageImageImage
Image-----

---------------------------------------------------------------------
ImageImageImage Image Image
Zentropy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pandapop » Sun May 19, 2024 9:03 am

HowlingHooves wrote:
    Height: 14 hh
    Halter Color: if pearls, a silvery blue; if netting, natural driftwood + sunbleached tan rope.
    Prompt: She’s pretty, but once the sun sets? She just… she screams. She’ll scream for hours. It’s not so loud underwater, of course, but on land or ship? Ear bleeding shrieking that sends shivers down the spine and makes you wanna rip your hair out. Shes just trying to practice for the next ocean idol..

Congrats!
This was hilarious, a screaming horse... oh no.

HM's to Archaeopteryx. and ImogenEquine!
Pandapop

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me