Range Trotter #STF001 by HowlingHooves

Based on Click to view
Artist HowlingHooves [gallery]
Time spent 37 minutes
Drawing sessions 2
11 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Range Trotter #STF001

Postby HowlingHooves » Mon May 06, 2024 9:31 am

Range Trotters are the result of crossbreeding Orlov Trotters, Finnhorses, Welsh Cobs (section C & D) and Hanoverians. Later crosses of Quarter Horses, Paint and Appaloosas to gain color and to give a boost to their hardiness.With a height average of 13-15 hands, they're a hardy breed with characteristics for various disciplines.

Created for use as work, carriage and leisure riding horses originally, they now serve as long-distance range horses, such as work with Park Rangers and mounted officers.

Willing and eager personalities, most are quickly trained to be bombproof and therefore trusted mounts in all lines of work; some are being seen in local show jumping competitions, others are notably used in therapeutic sessions for their calm temperaments. Harness races and endurance trials are common for the breed, as they are able to sustain an extended trot without tire. Cross-Country competitions see some of the taller Trotters, but due to their cob lineage this is still uncommon.

Despite the variety of competitions and work these horses are being seen in, they are still famously skilled as endurance racers. Many competitors have chosen Range Trotters due to their tireless work ethic, as well as the ease in which they can be trained. Many have become champions in endurance trials, and they have quickly become a sought after breed for their natural ability.

The new Whitecap marking!
    This trotter is being made to walk the plank!
    Tell me why the pirates can't keep this fishy babe under control?

Username: allybrad
    Show Name: ABF Found in Dreams and Song
    Barn Name: Brizo

Height: 13.2 hh
    Eye Color: Kelp Salad
    Phenotype: Chestnut Whitecap Appaloosa
    Genotype: ee Aa LpLp WcWc
Last edited by HowlingHooves on Sat May 11, 2024 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Range Trotter #STF001

Postby Spiritstar3 » Mon May 06, 2024 10:00 am

Username:
Spiritstar3
Show Name:
WR I Do What I Want
Barn Name:
Reggie
Height:
16 hands
Halter Color:
Seafoam
Prompt:
They can't keep him under control for an obvious reason. He does what he wants. He doesn't do what he doesn't want to. He's quite a stubborn horse. He's also a very strong boy. They just can't keep control. Good thing there's someone to save him. He'll behave for anyone who isn't a pirate.
Spiritstar3

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Queen Vivane » Mon May 06, 2024 11:03 am

Username: Queen Vivane
Show Name: Almost Perfect
Barn Name: Mimic
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: Red
Prompt:
Look, my man just keeps getting into the booze and the lads are very displeased about that. Captain loves this guy but he fears the lads might mutiny if the booze keeps vanishing because of Mimic
Friendly reminder, AI generated pictures are not art and are actively trained on works from artists who gave no permission for their creations to be used.
Note for trades and PM's, I leave my CS tab open almost all the time for easy access. I am online but I'm not actively looking at the tab <3
Yes my characters are not actively developed, I place all the blame on hyperfixations not lining up with them.
Please don't message me asking if I'm selling or trading Closed species characters. If I haven't said otherwise? The answer is no.
HuaLian and Wangxian my loves
What I'm owed
x2 Unique Lambicorns
Queen Vivane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allybrad » Tue May 07, 2024 3:30 am

Username: allybrad
Halter Color: much darker shade of fin color!
Prompt: Brizo must walk the plank because she drew mustaches on everyone during nap time and put green glitter on the cloth couch in the matey's room. She also put the plank in the crow's nest. It took many Trotters to get it down. Prankster energy is strong in this one.
xxxxx
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
she/her
luke 19:10
noah kahan
lizzy mcalpine
tearista
go heels
|| abf
||
||
||
||
||
||
||

allybrad

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Archaeopteryx. » Tue May 07, 2024 10:26 am

Username: Archaeopteryx.
Show Name: Behold, the Wine Dark Sea!
Barn Name: Oînops
Height: 14.5hh
Halter Color: artist's choice!
Prompt: Oînops is being made to walk the plank because he's been more trouble and cost the pirates much more than they consider he's worth. Dropping chests full of gold overboard, knocking holes into the hull of the ship, using his teeth to tear holes in the mainsail, and, worst of all, stealing the captain's private rations and leaving the crumbs in his bed. Back to the sea with Oînops it is!

──────────────────────
it/its
─────────
Obsessive worldbuilder,
enjoyer of speculative fiction
and stories about apocalypses.

─────────
ImageImageImage
──────────────────────
Archaeopteryx.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taxidea » Tue May 07, 2024 11:55 am

Username: Taxidea
Show Name: TT Ride the Wave
Barn Name: Dude
Height: 13.2hh
Halter Color: Eye/fin color
Prompt: Dude is perhaps the laziest deckhand the pirates have ever had the misfortune to pick up. He said he was lost on a deserted island because his ship sank -- the only survivor -- but they're pretty sure his last crew just dumped him there because they couldn't handle his complete lack of anything even remotely resembling a work ethic. These pirates are so fed up with having to do everything after Dude, since he can't seem to finish or much less really start any tasks, that they've decided it's best to get rid of him. Walking the plank seemed like the most surefire way to prevent another unsuspecting ship from being burdened with Dude's presence.
Taxidea

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starwindrider » Thu May 09, 2024 11:14 pm

Username: Starwindrider
Show Name: NAS White Waves on Auburn Seas
Barn Name: Copper
Height: 15hh
Halter Color: White
Prompt:
Copper has been eating the pirates' rations of fruits and vegetables for a few days now. And that's pretty much fatal for seafarers, considering how much they need the nutrition. The pirates decided that their own food stores and health are worth more than one single fish trotter, and are thus trying to get Copper to leave. But... Copper doesn't seem to want to. After years of eating kelp salad down below the waves, oranges and apples and carrots seemed like a feast sent from heaven. Well, good luck pirates! I think they'll be more than glad to hand Copper over to the rescuers.
Starwindrider

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HowlingHooves » Sat May 11, 2024 10:50 am

allybrad wrote:Username: allybrad
Halter Color: much darker shade of fin color!
Prompt: Brizo must walk the plank because she drew mustaches on everyone during nap time and put green glitter on the cloth couch in the matey's room. She also put the plank in the crow's nest. It took many Trotters to get it down. Prankster energy is strong in this one.

Congrats! Like how this gal pranks everyone hehe.

HMs to Archaeopteryx, Taxidea, and Starwindrider!
HowlingHooves

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allybrad » Fri May 24, 2024 3:54 pm

i don’t know how i missed this until now but thank you so much!!!!! <3

Last bumped by HowlingHooves on Fri May 24, 2024 3:54 pm.
xxxxx
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||
||