Re: Mr.Churros Bakery

Postby imabanditø » Mon Feb 12, 2024 6:21 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id imabanditø 908562
Bonus:
    kako eagerly approached the bakery, ready as ever to create some delicious treats. baking was more of a newly found hobby of theirs, but still was something they found pretty fun. “uh, bonjour, monsieur churro!” they responded as they moved to an open counter, mimicking the bakery owner’s french.

now, one question crossed kako’s mind - what to bake? hm. after some thinking and contemplating of the available ingredients, one thing came to mind — cookies! perhaps.. heart shaped sugar cookies? perfect! the plate dragon quickly got to work, doing their best to remember the recipe they had learned just a few weeks ago and sprinkling in some of their own flair as they went.

eventually, the oven beeped and kako’s cookies were done. after adding some final touches and taste testing one, they went off to go find mr. churro, happily taking a few of their freshly baked cookies to share. [152 words]
PD Baking: kako
— cer/ceri | he/they
th | aroace/agender
my art shop! :D <3
imabanditø

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Galaxytale » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:05 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id: Galaxytale #646813
Bonus:
For all the things Slashback is there's also something he is not. He is neurotic but he is not cruel. He is moody but he is not extremely unreasonable. He is good with technology but he is not a baker. So why he's being tasked with baking a cake, he's pretty unsure of. He's not familiar with it, and honestly, he has no interest in learning really. There's a lot of mess involved in baking and "mess" does not go well with "sensitive machine parts." He sat hunched over and off to the side in the bakery's store-front, making sure he was out of the way of any potential customers.

He was being expected to help this other Plate Dragon, Mr. Churro, with preparing cakes for his business. He didn't know how he got into this situation, and really didn't know how to get out of it without having to go through the motions of making at least one cake. Slashback had several issues with this, though. Firstly, he does not want to get dirty, and baking is messy in general. Secondly, because 'baking is messy in general' he does not want to ruin his Television Screen by wearing it while he is baking. Thirdly, he doesn't want to take his screen off around and just expose his face around others. Finally, and this is possibly the most important issue: he does not know how to bake. However, Slashback also does not have another way to get out of doing this, and he's going to have to figure out what he's going to do about all this quickly, as it seems Mr. Churro is reemerging from the back with an extra apron for him. Great.

Slashback growled to himself, he could probably afford to let his body get dirty. His screen, however, will need to get put elsewhere to keep it from getting water, flour, or anything else inside it. He'd just have to deal with having his face exposed for a while. Mr. Churro, then, would have to deal with him being unhappy about it. As if seeming to have sensed this coming, Mr. Churro simply motioned to an oddly convenient space under the front counter where Slashback could safely store its Television Screen for the time being. With that stashed away, Mr. Churro was suddenly in Slashback's space, excitedly throwing the apron on Slashback and tying the knots to hold it on. By the time Slashback had processed that Mr. Churro was in his space and figured out that he very much did not enjoy this, the other Plate Dragon was already turning away and leading him into the bakery's kitchen. Slashback followed along miserably. Better to get this process started now so it can be over with faster.

The kitchen itself was, in Slashback's mind, a bit of a wreck. In reality, this was probably something considered acceptable to bakers, and probably normal for a busy bakery. To Slashback though, it was a mess that was already starting to set him on edge - even more so than he normally is, anyway. Still, there was a decent amount of actual machine technology back here, and Slashback found that his technomancy was compatible with the majority of it, so perhaps this process would go better than he thought. What's more was that Mr. Churro was now spreading a book out on a dusty - no, a flour-covered table. He motioned and Slashback reluctantly shuffled over to peer at it. It was obviously a recipe book, though everything in it seemed to be relatively simple and easy to make, Slashback observed as Mr. Churro flipped through the pages. Whatever he was looking for, he seemed to find as he stopped his page turning on a recipe for a Simple White Cake.

Mr. Churro told him that he was to make one, and that all he'd need to do was follow the directions in that book. Slashback narrowed his eyes at the page. It seemed easy enough. It felt almost deceptively so. Nonetheless, Slashback wasn't about to look a gift horse in the mouth. Ten minutes of prep time, thirty minutes of cook time, a list of simple ingredients that were all things Slashback was familiar with. This could work; he could make a cake for Mr. Churro and then he could go home.

Step one, gather your ingredients. Easy enough. Slashback made his way around the kitchen, getting just what he needed in the quantity that he needed it. One cup of white sugar. Half a cup of unsalted butter. Two large eggs and half a cup of milk. One and a half cups of all-purpose flour. One and three-fourths teaspoons - it had, admittedly, taken him a moment to figure out what teaspoons were versus tablespoons - of baking powder, and finally 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract.

Step two, preheat the oven and grease an appropriately sized cake pan. Slashback looked over and, oh, it seemed Mr. Churro had done him the favor of already having set and turned on the oven for him. That was nice. Now what was an appropriately sized cake pan? Slashback stalked over to the assortment of clean pans. He squinted at them, tilting his head one direction and then the other. It seems that Mr. Churro notices his uncertainty, as the other Plate Dragon helpfully tells him to pick the mid-sized square shaped pan. Slashback grunts out an appreciative noise and took it back to grease up at his table.

Steps three and four, using the mixer. Slashback followed the combining steps carefully. Cream sugar and butter in the mixing bowl first, then the eggs. He willed the machine to life for a brief moment between additions. Vanilla now, too. Off to the side, he combined the flour and baking powder in a separate bowl and then carefully mixed them into the wet ingredients. Slashback let the machine mix them for a moment before adding the milk and watching the machine mix until the batter seemed smooth.

Steps five and six; batter into the pan and pan into the oven. Slashback poured the cake batter into the pan carefully, doing what he could to ensure that it all got in. He picked up the pan and turned to put it into the oven but Mr. Churro stopped him before he could. The other Plate Dragon took the pan from him, pushing a pair of oven mitts into his paws. Right, right, he would probably need some kind of protection against the heat when using the oven. Slashback put them on and Mr. Churro returned his cake to him. He slid it into the oven.

Seeming satisfied enough with this, Mr. Churro clapped him on the shoulder. He told Slashback that he was free to leave now, his first lesson in baking now complete. Slashback blinked back at the other Plate Dragon. 'His first lesson?' There were more coming? What had Slashback gotten himself into? Mr. Churro was now ushering him out of the bakery's kitchen, though, only after having pushed that recipe book that he'd let Slashback reference into his paws. He told the confused Plate Dragon that he was free to keep the apron and the cookbook as long as he'd keep baking! Slashback, confused and unsure what to make of all this, simply took the items and collected his TV screen before making a quick escape. Honestly, he wasn't sure if he was going to return any time soon. The process was easy enough, for now, but Slashback was worried about what more was potentially to come from this all.

Word Count: 1,266

PD Baking: Slashback
Griffin | He/Him or It/Its | Ghouls System
Galaxytale on ToyHouse

[Icon and siggy art by Ottercola]
Galaxytale

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Plaga » Mon Feb 12, 2024 9:48 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id Plaga 977187
PD Baking: Plato
𝒲𝒶𝓁𝒹 — 𝓱𝓮/𝓲𝓽/𝔁𝓮/𝓽𝓱𝓮𝔂 — 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝓍#𝟦𝟥𝟨𝟢 — 𝓣𝓲𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓸𝓯 𝔀𝓪𝓲𝓽𝓲𝓷𝓰

“ 𝔅𝔯𝔦𝔫𝔤 𝔟𝔞𝔠𝔨 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔞𝔭𝔬𝔠𝔞𝔩𝔶𝔭𝔰𝔢! ℑ𝔱’𝔰 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔱𝔬𝔬 𝔩𝔞𝔱𝔢 𝔣𝔬𝔯 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔢𝔫𝔡 𝔬𝔣 𝔱𝔥𝔢 𝔱𝔦𝔪𝔢”

✦ — — ✦ — — ✦
thrσw us αwαч líkє α stαck σf σld pαpєr
lєαrn nσt frσm σur scrαwls
clσsє чσur єαrs tσ σur rαntíngs αnd cσmє αgαínst us
flєх чσur hσσkєd clαws αnd sníff líkє α dσg αt thє stєnch σf σur dєcαчíng mínds
dístrust thє dєcєítful mαth σf σur pєríshíng єчєs run αwαч frσm thє phthísíckч pαst
✦ — — ✦ — — ✦
𝒜𝓇𝓉𝒾𝓈𝓉𝓟𝓵𝓪𝓽𝓮 𝓓𝓻𝓪𝓰𝓸𝓷 𝓢𝓽𝓪𝓯𝓯тнє ηєω мσση вяιηgєяѕ©
Plaga

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby EatingTuna » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:31 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id EatingTuna 1064483
Bonus: was gonna write something but got no ideas :,(
PD Baking: Beetle
EatingTuna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LittleWolf666 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:51 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +IdLittleWolf666 1081574
Bonus: (Optional)
PD Baking: Val
LittleWolf666

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby dragoness129 » Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:07 am

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id: dragoness129 + 3218
Bonus: (Optional)
PD Baking: Him
dragoness129

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Bear. » Mon Feb 12, 2024 12:54 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id Bear. + 268604
Bonus: n/a
PD Baking: brownie

✦ BEYHR ✦
she they he
kaijuinu creator
𓆝 𓆟𓆞 𓆟
ImageImageImageImageImage
Bear.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby catra » Mon Feb 12, 2024 2:06 pm

Theres flour everywhere!
Username +Id catra, 506046

Bonus: [303 words]
Though usually he kept things under control, today Mr. Churro found himself in quite a predicament. It was almost time to open the bakery, but he was still putting the finishing touches on a batch of churros when he realized there was no more cinnamon!
Despair was quickly sinking in. Of course, he could use powdered sugar or sprinkles, but they would really be better with cinnamon.
The jingle of a bell indicated the door opening.
"Oh my, a customer already!" Mr. Churro muttered, getting ready to take off his apron and tend to the customers.
"Hellooo? Mr. Churro? I heard you needed some extra help!" Wyoming said cheerfully, walking closer to the kitchen.
"Thank goodness you're here," Mr. Churro said. He was completely covered in flour at this point, so it's a marvel Wyoming recognized him at all. "
"Of course," they replied. Wyoming wasn't the best baker, but they were happy to help out with other tasks. Luckily, Mr. Churro knew just the thing.
"Could you get some cinnamon? The bakery is due to open soon!" he said, exasperated.
Wyoming nodded and ran off. There wasn't that many stores nearby, but one of them was bound to have some cinnamon. After around 20 minutes of searching, they finally bought some, making sure to bring extra just in case Mr. Churro had make a huge batch.
"Here you go," they said, running back into the kitchen with sweat beading on their forehead.
"Perfect!" Mr. Churro said, smiling. He got back to work with the churros while Wyoming started to set up the register for the day.
It seemed like smooth sailing from here on out.
That is, until Mr. Churro called Wyoming back into the kitchen.
"Wyoming? There's a batch of cupcakes due to be picked up... and we're out of flour!"

PD Baking:
Wyoming
╭──────────.★..─╮
.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.

just here to be silly :3
eli ~ adult ~ EST

feel free to say hello!

.˳·˖✶𓆩𓁺𓆪✶˖·˳.
╰─..★.───────────────╯
catra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Mon Feb 12, 2024 3:01 pm

Day 3 Rolls
(You will be in a quote under the item you won! If you're under there multiple times you have multiple of the item!)

Eggs
I- don't eat those raw!

Gives your PD spiral pupils (Pupil Edit)
SylphTheDragon 1097719
SylphTheDragon 1097719
udderchaos_cat 716760
udderchaos_cat 716760
udderchaos_cat 716760
Exitium 626371
freybugg 415187
imabanditø 908562
Galaxytale 646813

---

Strawberry Pie
Mmm strawberry flavor

Gives your PD strawberry Body Spikes (Body Spikes + feathers edits)
Griff 254592
SylphTheDragon 1097719
Eevee55 1033286
Eevee55 1033286
udderchaos_cat 716760
fruitbat 272407
beetleb0nes 1070966
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
EatingTuna 1064483
dragoness129 3218
catra 506046

---

Blueberry Pie
Ooo! Blueberry!

Blueberry shaped tailspike (tail spike edit)
rem sleep 224745
SylphTheDragon 1097719
Eevee55 1033286
udderchaos_cat 716760
beetleb0nes 1070966
beetleb0nes 1070966
Exitium 626371
imabanditø 908562
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
catra 506046

---

Red Velvet Cake
The lovers sweet! Red Velvet!

Event edit- Lovestruck
MaroonCookie 1014873
Eevee55 1033286
beetleb0nes 1070966
Myskx 875503
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
LittleWolf666 1081574

---

Lemon Blueberry Cake
Tangy Lemon with sweet blueberries! Yum!

Gives your PD Whipped cream on their head (and/or) body (Hair Style + Tufts Edit)
SylphTheDragon 1097719
SylphTheDragon 1097719
Flicka 9355
udderchaos_cat 716760
Exitium 626371
Galaxytale 646813
Bear. 268604
catra 506046

---

P$
Ooo! Money >:3

4 P$
MaroonCookie 1014873
SylphTheDragon 1097719
Eevee55 1033286
udderchaos_cat 716760
freybugg 415187
freybugg 415187
Galaxytale 646813
Galaxytale 646813
Plaga 977187
catra 506046

Last edited by crowthefrostyfloof on Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
crowthefrostyfloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Mr. Churro's Bakery- Prompts- day 4

Postby crowthefrostyfloof » Mon Feb 12, 2024 4:19 pm

🎂

🎂
🎂

🎂
Day 4:
Code: Select all
[color=#4c2b16]More eggs![/color]
[color=#7f451f]Username +Id[/color]
PD Baking: (Can be Plato for non-owners)
crowthefrostyfloof

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me