Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

The Neoq-Kunnam by Dia.

Based on Click to view
Artist Dia. [gallery]
Time spent 24 minutes
Drawing sessions 3
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

by Dia.

The Neoq-Kunnam

Postby Dia. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Staff:
We are not looking for any more staff at the moment.
Dia >:3
Dia, more commonly known as DiamondStudded, is the owner of Diamond Studded Laboratories. She's nuclear powered. Dia will work as the administrator on this thread and she will design Neoqi.
.0. i'm a sheep
Sheep, also known as iSheep and Sir Sheepington, is one of Dia's very few online friends. She's hydroelectricity powered. Sheep will be working as a thread-designer, she will design Neoqi, and will also serve as a butt-kicker and spork holder.
ShadeArt
Shade, who has never changed her username, is working on Dia's RP as an artist and has now entered the realm of Dia's friend's list. >.< She was voted "next top serial killer" at her high school. Shade will be helping me out with ideas and designing Neoqi.

News and Announcements
Dia is goig on vacation. I am leaving my house very late at night and will not be on tomorrow. I dont know if I'll have internet access or not. While I am gone, please obey Sheepeh. :-)

edit: There are two freebies by Dia up.
edit: The thread is set up! I just need to get things planned with the staff and we'll get this thread moving!
The thread is getting posted and set up. Please stay tuned

Freebies: Two
Customs: Closed
Contests: One

General Rules
    -Do not claim this species as your own.
    -Do not take one that isn't yours
    -Do not edit any picture without my permission
    -Dont take off-site unless you tell me first
    -If your Neoq-Kunnam is no longer wanted, pm one of the staff
    -We dont like people who complain or spam
    Freebie Rules
    -No more than one per day
    -First-Come, First-Serve
    -Dont complain

Custom Rules
    -We will not make a Neoq-Kunnam based off of a
    copy-righted character(ex: From Warriors, Star Wars, etc)
    -We wont make your custom of an existing character because
    they are a species of their own.
    Payment is requested before we start, but we wont accept the trade
    until the art is finished

Contest Rules
    -Not First-Come, First-Serve
    -No complaining if you dont win
    Color Key
    -Purple=Custom/taken
    -Lime Green=Freebie
    -Orange=Contest
Last edited by Dia. on Sat Jul 16, 2011 2:50 pm, edited 8 times in total.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: The Neoq-Kunnam

Postby Dia. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:35 pm

More commonly called the Neoq, the Neoq-Kunnam is a unique creature taken into society by Dia at Diamond Studded Laboratories.

Those "First Steps"
For decades, the Neoq-Kunnam was nothing more than Big Foot. There were always alleged sightings of the legendary Neoq, but never a scientific discovery. Humans have a habit to fear or dislike what they know very little about, so any reported sightings would instill fear into a community until all of the commontion died down.
In the mid 1900's, the legend of the Neoq seemed to disappear. However, in May of 2000, some of the scientists from Diamond Studded Laboratories was out hiking, tasked to explore the dense forests of the American East Coast. Throughout the day, they had seen many normal forest-dwellers, but there were a few signs that stood out to them: Strange tracks on the ground had front feet that resembled cloven hooves and back feet that resembled paws, animal calls that they haven't heard before, and the oddly shaped shadow or shape out of the corner of their eye.
When the scientists retired to their tents for the night, they set up multiple cameras to hopefully catch footage of this unknown animal. In the morning after checking the tapes, the Neoq-Kunnam had finally been caught on tape. The scientists wasted no time to construct a number of harmless traps to hopefully catch this new animal and bring it back home.
They were successful.
After 11 years of study and training of the Neoq-Kunnam, Diamond Studded Laboratories has started to release this former legend as companion animals.

General Information
The male Neoq-Kunnam stands at about 27-29 inches at the withers. The female is only slightlys horter and stands around 26-28 inches at the withers. There is no huge difference between the male and female.

Their front feet are cloven hooves and their hind feet are paws. They have long, pointed ears and short, rectangular muzzles. Neoqi have a slightly stout build, but are still quite agile. Their eyes are often the same color as their nose. They are incredibly proud of their long, thick tails. Since the Neoq-Kunnam has been domesticated, they have been given piercings of their ears and possibly a small arm band. This helps let anyone know that the Neoq they are seeing is tame and approachable.

Without any human contact, the oldest Neoq-Kunnam is believed to have lived to 81 years old. However, the average age for a wild Neoq is believed to range from the early 60s to mid 70s. With human contact and more and more domestication, scientists expect these ages to be much greater and reach into the 90s eventually.

They have a very unique voice which consists of yelps, chirps, barks, and howls. They have also learned to mimik the sounds of other things to aid in survival and hunting.

Coat Information
The pelt of the Neoq-Kunnam has two to three layers depending on the environment they are native to. Every Neoq has the first layer and it is incredibly soft and scruffy. It does little to keep it's owner warm, but somehow keeps the Neoq cool in warm climates. If the Neoq is in the water often, this layer will have developed an oily residue to keep it dry. It is unknown how it does this. Like the first layer, every Neoq has a more dense second layer that keeps the Neoq warm. It is dense and not nearly as soft as the first layer. The last layer is only found on those specimines who live in a cold climate. It is thick and dense, engineered to keep the Neoq warm and nothing else.

Neoqi come in nearly any color comination depending on location. A Neoq-Kunnam's natural environment is revealed by the base color of its coat. While the base coat remains fairly consistant, the markings on the Neoq-Kunnam can vary significantly. In the wild, a Neoq's coat pattern and colors involved will work to keep the creature hidden in it's habititat. However, the process of domestication has begun to make it less uncommon to see bright, unnatural colors in a coat pattern.

Habitat
If Neoq-Kunnam is introduced to a new habitat, they will adapt. This means that it is possible to find a Neoq ANYWHERE except under water. It is still unknown if they would be able to survive outside of Earth's atmosphere.
As a companion animal, the Neoq will thrive in a household setting, especially if the backyard is big and fenced.

Coat and Habitat Combined
This is a basic outline to the base colors of a Neoq-Kunnam's coat to the habitat they live in.
Browns, greys, dark greens, dark reds- Decidious Forest
Browns, greys, dark greens, pale greens- Coniferous Forest
Tans, Light Browns, White, Light Grey- Desert
Any Color Except White- Tropical Forest
Blues, Whites, Tans, Greys- Coastal Area(Beach/Ocean/Lake)
Greys, Browns, Whites, Blacks- Mountains
White, Light Greys, Silvers, Light Blues- Tundra/Arctic
Greens, Browns, Golds- Grassland/Savannah
"Muddy Colors" Dark Greens, Browns- Swamp/Wetland

Disposition
Once thought to be cruel and vicious, the Neoq-Kunnam is incredibly loyal, playful, and friendly. Like any animal, it is possible for years of abuse to make the Neoq fearful and aggressive, but even a severe case is fairly easy to cure. They will run a thouseand miles to help someone in need. They are incredible rescue animals but make poor police animals. Asside from guard work, the Neoq is a creature that loves to please. They will work hard to make their masters happy. The Noeq is extremely intellegent and has the mental capability to have the mentality of the average high school graduate.

Diet
The Neoq-Kunnam is omnivorus, meaning they will eat both meat and vegetation. Very rarely will they go after something larger than they are during a hunt. While they will eat plants if they have to, it is clear that Neoqi prefer to eat meat. They are most commonly found feeding on a rabbit or squirrel. Sometimes, a Neoq will act as a scavenger and will eat whatever they can find that will provide nutrition.
Idealy, the Neoq-Kunnam should consume his or her body weight in food a day.

Social
Neoq-Kunnam are not terribly social animals, but it ultimately depends on their environment.
In any forest territory, Neoqi are solitary creatures. They are able to live on their own and find enough food. While they arent aggressive over territory most times during the year, if a mature Neoq runs into another, it will try to be dominent and slightly aggressive. Neoqi in forests only come together during the breeding season.
In the grassland, savannah, desert, and tundra territories, it is common to see a small pack or pair of Neoq-Kunnam. These groups rarely excede 9 members. The packs are usually made up of one dominent male, his mate, and their children. Usually, when their offspring mature, they will leave the pack. These Neoqi are incredibly territorial, espcially when they have young or during the breeding season..
On the coasts and in the mountains, there seems to be a happy median. You know that if you ever see one Neoq, there will be one or two nearby. In this area, two to three Neoqi will hunt, travel, and live together. More times than not, these small groups are made up of all females or all males. The groups are not often territorial or aggressive unless they are threatened. During the breeding season, the groups mingle a little more, but then separate until next year.

Life Cycle
A Neoq-Kunnam reaches maturity at 5 years of age. Often times they will not breed until they are at least 12.

During the breeding season, which is from December to January the Neoqi who live alone in the forests as well as the small groups in the mountains and on the coasts will come together for the whole season. During this time, males become more dominent and aggressive towards other males. They preform elaborite rituals for females and try to impress them by "singing", hunting, and fighting. Most of the time, a female is quite picky and may look at many possible suiters before choosing. These Neoqi do not mate for life and the male isn't an active father in the least bit. It is possible, however, for the same pair to mate multiple times during their life. Right after the season is over, the Neoqi will split up and return to their normal lives. The gestation period is 6 months and after three months of living as a nomad, the female will find a suitable den to live in. She will make it larger and viciouisly protect the area around it up to three kits are born. The females are incredibly territorial until the kits are out of her care. The female will care for them for 18 months without breeding the following season. When they are a year and a half old, their mother will start to chase them away from the den. By this point, they have learned all they need to know to survive and can live on their own. They will wander by themselves for the next three and a half years. Once they reach year 5, they will start to venture to the gathering place during the breeding season. However, it is rare for them to breed until they are 11 or 12 years old. For the Neoqi who live in groups, this time is pretty much the same, only the other females will help care for all of the kits.

Things are slightly different for the pairs that live in the savannah, desert, and grassland. During the breeding season, young Neoqi will travel to the place where they all gather. They all range from 5 to 6 years of age and will live in that large group from December to January. They will find a partner and then leave to find their own territory by the end of the season. Until the pair is around 12 years of age, they will simply bond and get to know eachother more. They will develop an established territory and create a den where they will live until they die. When they have kits, they will take care of them until they are 5 years of age. The parents will not breed for three years after each litter. Until the kits are chased out, they will aid the parents in taking care of the young.

As Your Loving Companion
A Neoq-Kunnam will do perfectly fine as either an only pet, in a group of Neoqi, or in a mixed group of other pets. They are great for children as they are patient and kind.

You can either feed your Neoq-Kunnam our specialty Neoq-Kunnam food created at Diamond Studded Laboratories, or make it what you are eating for dinner. They will gladly eat your table scraps and can live off of it even though it isn't encouraged. Idealy, your Neoq should consume it's body weight in food a day. The scientists who own their own Neoqi leave out the specialty food during the day for them to "graze" and then feed them breakfast, lunch and dinner when they eat. If you are unable to adapt to this schedule, then your Neoqi will adapt to yours.

At the laboratories, our Neoqi are kept in spacious runs with their own little shed to live in. It is best that they have this same environment at home, but not everyone can provide that. All we ask is that the common electric fencing is not used.
The long life-expectancy makes the Neoq a great companion animal, as they live as long as you do. They bond quickly and seem to be a one-person animal. They might become severely depressed if their life-long human partner dies before they do. Often times, the shock of the loss will cause the Neoq to die soon after if not showerered with love and attention from another close family member.

Misc. Information
Solitary Neoq-
Tropical Forest, Coniferous Forest, Decideous Forest

Groups of 2-3
Mountains, Coastal, Swamp

Family Packs
Desert, Grassland, Savannah, Tundra
Last edited by Dia. on Wed Jul 06, 2011 1:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:36 pm

FAQ
    Q. Can I create my own Neoq?
    A. Not unless we tell you we can.

Q. Can I be an artist?
    A. We will ask you if we need you.

Q. Well can I be a gues artist?
    A. We will ask you if we need you.

Q. How can I get one?
    A. Get a freebie by filling out a form
    and being the first one, winning a
    contest, or buying a custom.

Q. When will customs be open?
    A. When we feel like it.

Q. Will you ever offer breeding?
    A. Eventually.

Q. Can I get art of my Neoq and does it have to be in that form.
    A, OF COURSE. We know for a fact that there arent any Neoq-Kunnam linearts out there >.< So they can be in any form.

Payment:
    To order from Dia, you have the available option(s).
    Option 1:
    Any 1 horse on that lineart. Any litter. Any outcome.

Option 2:
    Any 2 pet from this litter. Any outcome.

For Extra Accessories:
    One uncommon outcome on this lineart.
    Or
    One outcome from this litter.

For A Complex Design(which I will judge upon recieving the order):
    I may ask for additional hoard pets

Special:
    Any rare+ DOG from 2008 will get you free Neoqi for a year provided that Dia's slots are open.

.0. i'm a sheep
    To order from sheep, a normal custom with a simplistic design is one of these cats.
    If your design is complicated or has many accesories, you will pay with one of those cats and a squid hat.
    If you want to add one extra accessory, you will add one extra kitteh.

ShadeArt
    ShadeArt only wishes that she is always credited for the design.

Slots:
    1. Closed
    2. Closed
    3. Closed

.0. i'm a sheep
    1. Closed
    2. Closed
    3. Closed

ShadeArt
    1. Closed
    2. Closed
    3. Closed

About The Design: If we think something is complicated, we might request a little more payment. You dont have to have a design like checkers or swirls either. If you want your Neoq-Kunnam to look like a quagga or leopard, you can get us a picture of an animal too.

About Accessories: Available accessories include: feather earing, up to three stud earings, hoop earing, hoop bracelet, leg band. The first accessory is free. Note: if you choose three stud earings, that counts as one.

Form:
    Code: Select all
    I'd Like A Custom
    Username:
    Neoq's Name:
    Neoq's Gender:
    Neoq's Base Color:
    Neoq's Design Colors:
    Pelt Design(a picture is nice)
    Accessory(s):
    Accessory Color(s)(state for which accessory):
    Which Artist:
    Payment:
    Other:
Last edited by Dia. on Mon Jul 04, 2011 7:53 am, edited 5 times in total.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 1:59 pm

Last edited by Dia. on Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby MelodiousNocturne » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:04 pm

Marking, I definitely want one. They are quite interesting.
Aysu, my Lovely Tracker

Attention mods! I realize that I have not been active in a long time and there are trades suddenly going out of my account. I can prove I am the original owner of this account if need be.
MelodiousNocturne

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:06 pm

awesome ^^
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Prince of Awesome » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:13 pm

I wants one!!!!!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

Maturity is SO overrated.

Prince of Awesome

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:47 am

^^
There will most likely be some up by tomorrow night.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dia. » Tue Jul 05, 2011 6:29 am

The first three freebies have all been adopted.
hiya i'm dia
she/her
INTJ

bookworm
scientist
plant lover
dog mom-->

CS Fanart Archive

Characters

art fight; *team*
CS Help | Site Rules
[avatar] | [signature]
Dia.
FanArt Archivist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Toadalicious » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:28 am

;3 Hey, guys! Just to let you know, I posted a freebie. *Prods purrteh green Neoq* o3o
"Ambition is the willingness to kill the things you love and eat them to survive."
>>> Jack Donaghy >>>

-••
Greetings. Toad's the name, and sarcasm is my game. (You may call me Toad.) I am a fan of knitting and most (if not all) varieties of pie. I like pretending I'm cooler than I actually am and acting like a fool. I am the most serious person you will ever meet.

Seriously.
Toadalicious

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me