Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Caterpurrlars- LF staff, Open! by Stårry

Based on Click to view
Artist Stårry [gallery]
Time spent 7 hours, 51 minutes
Drawing sessions 6
31 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Caterpurrlars- LF staff, Open!

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:27 pm

Last edited by Stårry on Thu Mar 24, 2022 11:05 am, edited 16 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rules & General Species Info

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 pm

{Rules}
By taking part in this species you are agreeing to all rules and terms here, and it is your responsibility to ensure you read and unserstand them. Warnings and or other actions will be given\taken to those who break them.

{Community User Rules}

☙ You MUST obtain a 5 digit user identification (UID) before participating in any adopts. To do so, please click the "New User" hyperlink in the first post of this thread.
☙ You MUST read all relevant rules and acknowledge them before joining the community.
☙ Once given a UID, you MUST remember it or look for your UID in the archive. You will need this number for every adopt, and for most aspects of the species!

{General}

☙ All members must be respectful. No sarcastic comments or teasing.
☙ Discrimination isn’t tolerated.
CS rules & policies still apply, respect and abide by them.
☙ No means no. Do not beg for anything! This extends to all aspects of the community.
☙ Regardless if you don't like someones personality or interests, they are allowed here just as much as you. Do not talk about others behind their backs. Just don't interact if you don't like someone.

{Creating Caterpurrlars & Customs/MYOs}

☙ You must have permission to create a Caterpurrlar.
☙ Once created you may not make changes to your Caterpurrlars for any reason unless you have been asked to by staff. You may ask to make very minor changes such as removing a spot around the eye, but you need approval.
☙ Non-artists may only create designs with the use of a Counterfoil in the form of a custom.
☙ For a Painted foil (Custom) you can either ask an artist to create it or you can make it yourself.
☙ All Painted foils (Customs) are made on oekaki.
☙ If you choose to make it yourself, you must read and abide by the creation rules also listed under STAFF on this page.
☙ Painted foils & their genes must be approved by staff to ensure it follows all the rules.

{Acquiring Caterpurrlars}

☙ You can only acquire Caterpurrlars from official adoptables, gifts, trades, or counterfoils purchased from the shop/otherwise aquired.
☙ To adopt a Caterpurrlar, check the front page or "Adopts" section on the first post for the latest adopts.
☙ If an adopt is for one type of currency, accept that. Do not ask for changes in how a competition/auction is run to benefit yourself.
☙ Do not use others' forums unless with permission and citation.
☙ Any contest may have a Snipe Guard at the artist's discretion (and may be extended 24+ hours if a snipe form or bid has occured) at the artists discretion. DO NOT ASK FOR ONE.
☙ Do not harass an artist when a closed competition hasn't been judged.
You can leave a small reminder via bump only if the competition has gone unjudged for one week or longer.
☙ You may only win 1 Mythic adopt per calendar year. This refreshes on Jan 1st.

{Breeding}

☙ Two Caterpurrlars of any gender may breed.
☙ For polyamorous breedings between 3-4 caterpurrlars, they will be accepted on a case basis if there's an artist who can do it. 3-4 parent breedings are difficult to mesh and roll for!
☙ If you wish to PPS a caterpurrlar or undo a PPS, you must use a PPS potion from the shop.
☙ All litters of caterpurrlars have between 1-4 pups.
☙ Caterpurrlars can only be bred 7 times, with the exception that if they hadn't yet passed their genes in two batches, Aberrations and Mythics may have guaranteed gene passes for two more batches after their 7th.
Caterpurrlars each have the below breeding slots.
    Free Breeding Slots Available: 2
    Paid Breeding Slots Available: 5 - See the Shop post to buy the foil for this!
☙ Mythic and Aberration Caterpurrlars have the below breeding information tracked
    Mythic Gene Passes Available: 1
    Aberration Gene Passes Available: 2

{Ownership rules}

☙ You are free to give your Caterpurrlars any personality, sexuality, back story, or use one as a fursona.
☙ Do not change your Caterpurrlar or give them items that alter their anatomy (eg- an extra arm made of wood, its not flesh but it still counts!)
☙ You may only alter small non-genetic aspects of your Caterpurrlar's appearance (scars, tattoos, etc), unless with approval.
☙ No nsfw art or stories/roleplay concerning Caterpurrlars, including off site.
☙ You may roleplay using Caterpurrlars, but the roleplays must follow caterpurrlar rules as well as respect each others AU's.
☙ Caterpurrlars may identify as any gender.

{Foils & Pips}

☙ Pips are the main Caterpurrlar currency.
☙ Foils are a ticket item that have various types (Torn, Burnt, bland, Glittering, Gold)
☙ Foils are used to purchase various exclusive items, or combined into a custom ticket to create a caterpurrlar.
☙ When you use any type of foil, you will get what is called a 'Counterfoil'. (This is the ripped off piece of a train ticket that you get to keep on a train)
☙ Counterfoils are used to track how many foils you've earned and used.
☙ Counterfoils
☙ They are obtained in several ways; most common way is by participating in contests and winning a counter-foil for honorable mentions.
☙ Pips and foils can be given out based on of effort you put into your form. They will not always be awarded.
☙ You may only earn 10-100 Pips for any given mention
☙ You may only earn 1 Foil, (Torn, burnt, or bland) for any given mention.
☙ Also obtainable by participating in events that are hosted by the staff.
☙ To exchange foils and pips, use the shop.
☙ To add foils or pips to your bank; which you must do after you obtain them, please consult the archive and post accordingly.

{Reselling, Gifting, Readopting, Trading, Or Rehoming}

☙ Caterpurrlars may only be sold for equal or less than they were purchased for.
☙ If a Caterpurrlar was not purchased (e.g. raffle, free contest), then it may not be sold (including nursery or hatchery batches).
☙ MYOs tickets, Items, or Potions may be sold for the price they are purchased or purchase-able for or less.☙ Caterpurrlars may not be traded for other OCs, art, etc. ONLY for other Caterpurrlars.
☙You may readopt a Caterpurrlar by letting staff handle it or host a readoption yourself. If you do it yourself, consult staff judging and competition rules under the staff section of this thread.
☙ To gift a Caterpurrlar notify the receiver, an Archivist by posting a forum to the archive, and the original artist so they may update the according threads.
☙ The new owner may change the biological gender one time.
☙ Items may be traded and gifted freely.

{Community}

☙ Public threads are to be made by staff only. (Fanclub, Community-wide threads, events, etc.)
☙ You are in charge of regulating Caterpurrlar rules in your thread.
☙ Streamers are responsible for disallowing bullying/harassment in their streams. You will be violating our rules if you engage and are proven to have engaged or encouraged/allowed for any rule breaking even if its outside of our official threads. You will be given suitable discipline.
☙ You may make roleplay threads between groups of friends and invite others to join.

{Cooldowns}

☙ Caterpurrlars have a 30 day breeding cooldown, starting from the day the request is posted, NOT the day the litter is made.
☙ A user cannot gift out or trade more than 3 Caterpurrlars in one month, regardless of reason.
☙ A Caterpurrlar must be owned for 30 days before being gifted unless gifted in the original adoption form. "Gifting to UID #00347 if I win"

{Becoming Staff}

☙ There is an artist search you may enter and you may be asked to become an official artist based on your artist search entries. Otherwise, do not ask to be given an artist position.
☙ GAs are selected for a 1 month term where they are allowed to create 3 regular main thread adopts, one with edits.
☙ An owner will post if/when we are looking for staff. It will usually also be on the front page.
☙ You must not have a recent problematic history on CS (some of us were here since we were young kids lol), and you may be let go if one is uncovered.
☙ You must be active as your role calls for it, take your duties as they come and be ready for tasks!
☙ Applications are located on the front page under "Code Post" and must be private messaged to staff. DO NOT use them if applications aren't open.
Last edited by Stårry on Mon Apr 11, 2022 4:56 am, edited 23 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Current Adopts

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:41 pm

Last edited by Stårry on Tue May 03, 2022 8:19 am, edited 12 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Lore

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:42 pm

Lore Here
Last edited by Stårry on Mon Feb 14, 2022 2:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Anatomy

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:42 pm

Basic species traits wrote:Bug-eyes/bug based eyes (Like dragonfly eyes or just generally large beady eyes. More than one pair of eyes is common, never an odd number of eyes.)

Antennae of some kind, having none would be considered a defect.

Always 6+ paws/feet, sticky little grabby toes like caterpillar feet, but the basic anatomy of cat paws.

Front 'raptor-like' arms, have opposable thumbs on those paws.
Last edited by Stårry on Thu Feb 24, 2022 4:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rarities

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:43 pm

The lower you get on this list, the rarer the Caterpurrlar.
Caterpurrlars overall rarity is defined by the rarest gene they have. They may have any amount of compatible genes within that rarity.

{Standard}
What makes a Caterpurrlar a Caterpurrlar, the standard base genes, no line edits.

{Ordinary}
Genes all caterpurrlars could hypothetically have, extremely common to see.
Has a 70% chance to pass to offspring.

{Unusual}
Only 1 in 5 Caterpurrlars can have these.
Has a 50% chance to pass to offspring.

{Oddity}
Only 1 in 8 Caterpurrlars can have these.
Has a 30% chance to pass to offspring.

{Anomaly}
Only 1 in 15 Caterpurrlars can have these.
Has a 15% chance to pass to offspring.

{Aberration}
These genes seem to only appear for special occasions or events.
Has a 15% chance to pass to offspring.
Caterpurrlars with these genes can only pass these genes to offspring in TWO litters during their lifespan. Afterwards, the gene becomes sterile. They can still be bred without rolling for the gene.

{Mythic}
These geness seem to only appear for special occasions or events.
They are extremely rare to see, and only can be seen in 1 or 2 Caterpurrlars per event of special occasion.
Has a 3% chance to pass to offspring.
Caterpurrlars with these genes can only pass these genes to offspring in ONE litter during their lifespan. Afterwards, the gene becomes sterile. They can still be bred without rolling for the gene.

Each gene will be rolled for per pup by whatever % it has to pass, EXCEPT Aberration and Mythic genes. These will be rolled for per litter. If it passes, then the artist will roll for how many pups in the litter get the gene between 1-4.

EX: Parent 1 has Butterfly wings, a Mythic gene.
Nursery artist will:
    Roll for how many pups are in the litter between 1-4. This roll lands on a 3.
    Roll for if any pups in the litter get Butterfly Wings, so rolling a 3% chance.
    This roll lands positive, so.
    If the roll is positive, NEXT they will Roll for how many pups get the gene.
    Since roll for pups was a 3, this will be a roll between 1-3.
    Roll lands on a 2.
    2 pups will have butterfly wings.
Last edited by Stårry on Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 9 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Genetics

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:44 pm

{Guidelines}
    ☙Genes can be used with any others as long as they do not overlap eachother.
      Unacceptable EX: Wolf tail + Cat tail both affect the tails entire shape, so they overlap.)
      Acceptable EX: Wolf tail + Tail fur length + Tail flame , because wolf tail affects the shape and fur length affects the length of the fur on the tail, and tail flame adds a flame at the tip of the tail.
      ☙If parents to a litter have overlapping genes, the artist may pick which to roll for per pup.
      ☙ Genes are listed by TYPE, followed by the SUBTYPE in parenthesis. Two genes from the same TYPE may not be compatible with one another, so make sure its logical!
      ☙ Generally speaking, a Caterpurrlar may only have up to 8 traits.

{Standard}
      Antennae (Feathered) (Long)
      Upright Ears (Long)
      Legs (6) (Long)
      Tail (Long)
      Paws (Cat)
      Eyes (2) (Bug - No pupils)
      Nose (Cat)
      Ruff (Neck)

{Ordinary}
      Antennae (Bobble) (Medium) (Bug based) (Thin)
      Whiskers (Straight) (Short- 1-3 inches in length)
      Hairstyle (Short - 1-6 inches in length/above the chin)
      Fur (Short- similar to a labrador)
      Ruff (Back) (Short) (No ruff)
      Eye (Patterns, not pupils or psuedo pupils)

{Unusual}
      Hairstyle (Medium- shoulder length)
      Fur (Medium- slightly longer than default) (Wavy- similar to a Havanese)
      Tail (Medium) (Roo [sleek without the fire]) (Cat) (Wolf) (Horse) (Bobtail)
      Whiskers (Wavy) (Curly) (Long- 3-6 inches in length)
      Spines (Back) (Cheeks)
      Horn (1-2)
      Sclera (Black)
      Pupils (Round)
    {Oddity}
      Extra eyes (Head)
      Spines (Legs) (Arms)
      Peacock feathers (Tail)
      Feather tufts (Legs) (Arms) (Cheeks)
      Tail flame
      Horns (3-4)
      Hairstyle (Long- down to arms)
      Fur (Long- like a rough collie) (Textured- curly, like a Portuguese water dog)
      Ruff (Tail)
      Goo coating (tail) (back) (Goo must only be on the structure, coated but not made of goo.)
      Sparkles (Antennae) (Paws) (Horns) (Ruff)
      Sclera (White sclera)

{Anomaly}
      Extra eyes (Neck)
      Pupils- (White) (Slit) (Cross) (Horizontal slit)
      Sclera (Colored)
      8 limbs
      Horns (5-6)
      Hairstyle (Extra Long- below arms)
      Fur- (Extra long- like an Afghan hound)
      Albinism (This trait causes all normally dark colors to appear pastel in nature, and affects the eye color.
    {Aberration}
      Crystals (Body) (Horns)
      Horns (6-8) (Made of something like an element or substance)
      Tail (Bone) (Crystail) (2-3) (Sentient)
      Extra eyes (Tail)
      Pupils (Shaped)
      Hooves (Legs only)
      Wings (Small) (Flightless) (2)
      Feather tufts
      Feather crest
      Feather tail
      Feather ruff
      Bead boppers

{Mythic}
      Wings (Large) (Flight) (2-6) (Butterfly) (Bird) (Bat)
      Elements/Energies (Lighting) (Wind) (Fire) (Water) (Earth) (Light) (Dark)
      Powers (Space) (Plant Growth) (Gravity) (Psychic)
      Legs (10+)
      Tail (4+)
      Transparent/substance/element body parts- EX: Rock legs/goo arms/glass tail
      Munchkin (Short legs and body, small head. NOT the same as a pps.)
      Alopecia

Last edited by Stårry on Fri Mar 04, 2022 3:22 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

New User/Forums/FAQ

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:45 pm

Forums to fill out when joining/staff apps/etc
---

[-I'm new, I need a User Identification[UID]!-]

Code: Select all
[center][b][size=150][u][-I'm new, I need a User Identification[UID]!-][/u][/size][/b]
[b][Username:][/b]:
[b][Today's Date:][/b]:
[/center]

---

[-I'd like to join the staff team!-]

[center][u][b][size=150]-Staff Application-[/size][/b][/u]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Role I am applying for:[/b]
[b]Experience/Examples:[/b]
[b]Anything you'd like me to know?:[/b]
[/center]

---

[-Base Contest Format For Entrants-]
(All contests must ask for at least these four things, including raffles!)

[b]Username:[/b]
[b]UID:[/b] (If you do not have one, apply for one on the main thread!)
[b]Caterpurrlar Name:[/b]
[b]Caterpurrlar Identity:[/b]
Last edited by Stårry on Mon Feb 14, 2022 4:19 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Staff

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Image - Stårry - Owner / Artist

Image - Caprisa - Moderator

Image - // Kzryail - Helper

Image - staccato - Artist

Image - annaebell - Artist

Image - HJP - Artist

☙ Owner ❧
The glue that holds the world together, they do everything under the sun and so much more!

☙ Archivist ❧
The brains and math behind everything we do, they see numbers where we see confusion.

☙ Mod ❧
The all-seeing eyes of the law, they apply rules like butter on toast, and they handle all your disputes.

☙ Forum Director ❧
Code masters of the universe, organization is in the eye of the forum director!

☙ Artist ❧
Oh, those? Yes, the clump of paint encrusted beings, they can turn a thought into a Caterpurrlar, or mash them together for pups!

☙ Helper ❧
Assistant, file my taxes please. Just kidding, the helpers are ready and eager to pick up our slack and keep the rope taught!

{Staff Rules}
☙ Regular caterpurrlar rules apply to staff unless counteracted by one of the below rules.

{Adoptables}
☙ All adopts, customs and batches must be made on the oekaki unless a special event/instructed by an owner to do so.
☙ Contests can be any sort of contest you'd like. Impress me, fcfs, currency, naming, raffle.
☙ You must be an active part of official artist staff for 1 month (30 days) before making a currency adopt.
☙ You may only make up to 5 currency adopts a month, and they must be seperated by at least 3 non-currency adopts that you make.
☙ Currency adopts may be C$, USD or other real world currency (purchase discussion conducted off cs), Foils, Pips, or deviantart points. No other currencies.
☙ Currency adopts may NOT have a lower limit above $5 usd or equivalent. This is to prevent being solely in the species for income.
☙ Keep track of what all Currency Adopts sold for, and add that to your entry when submitting the owner of a Caterpurrlar to the archive.
☙ All Caterpurrlar adopts must require at least name, gender/pronouns, and UID.
☙ No restricting a Caterpurrlar to a certain gender, name, etc.
☙ Put the Caterpurrlar's number in the title.
☙ You MUST do at least one nursery breeding per month permitted there are enough for every artist to have done one.

{Edits}
☙ Staff may make 1 Caterpurrlar with Unusual genes every 5 Caterpurrlars they create.
☙ Staff may make 1 Caterpurrlar with Oddity genes every 8 Caterpurrlars they create.
☙ Staff may make 1 Caterpurrlar with Anomaly genes every 15 Caterpurrlars they create.
☙ Aberration genes are EVENT genes ONLY, and will be discussed how many total per event of each type there will be prior to the event.
☙ Mythic genes are SPECIAL RELEASE or EVENT ONLY, There will only be ONE OR TWO per event, and ONE per milestone. Who will make each will be discussed prior to the release of one.
☙ Except for events and special releases, Caterpurrlars should not exceed more than 8 genes max

{Judging}
☙ Please judge your competitions in a timely fashion.
☙ You will get a strike towards inactivity for every contest you fail to judge.
☙ If you do not judge your contest within two weeks of the close date, it will be judged for you, and you will also gain an inactivity strike.
☙ Pips and foils can be given out based on effort into forms. They will not always be awarded, but you can award them as you see fit.
☙ You may only award 10-100 Pips for any given mention
-OR- (You may not award both ot the same user)
☙ You may only award 1 Foil, (Torn, burnt, or bland) for any given mention.

{Staff Perks}
☙ Artist staff earn their customs by creating adopts or pups, starting once you've made 10 designs. Each nursery pup counts as one design.
☙ All other staff (mods, helpers, archivists, etc.) earn customs by upkeeping their threads and the species. They will be awarded as the owners see fit.
☙ You may "Claim!" ONE main thread adopt per year by another artist without participating in the competition ONLY IF there are no entries already. This DOES NOT include mythics or aberrations.
☙ You may keep any currency you earn.

{Customs}
☙ You may make your own customs as an artist.
☙ Non-artist staff are allowed to request their custom be made when they get one regardless of openings, or make them themselves.
☙After redeeming a custom, you will have a 2 week cooldown before you may redeem another. You may continue to earn points.
☙ Artists gain one point per design they make.
    10 points for a standard custom
    15 points for an unusual custom
    20 points for an oddity custom
    30 points for an anomaly custom
    40 points for an aberration custom
    100 points for a mythical custom

{Nursery}
☙ You must roll fairly for every gene
☙ If its suspected that you cheated rolls for your or another users benefit, you will be warned and your batch may be nulled.
☙ For the above reason, all Aberration and Mythical genes must be rolled for by someone unrelated to the batch, preferably an owner.
☙ If you claim a batch, you must complete it within a week of claiming it.
☙ If both parents have the same gene, that gene will be rolled for twice.
☙Each gene will be rolled for per pup by whatever % it has to pass, EXCEPT Aberration and Mythical genes. These will be rolled for per litter. If it passes, then the artist will roll for how many pups in the litter get the gene between 1-4.

EX: Parent 1 has Butterfly wings, a Mythical gene.
Nursery artist will:
    Roll for how many pups are in the litter between 1-4. This roll lands on a 3.
    Roll for if any pups in the litter get Butterfly Wings, so rolling a 3% chance.
    This roll lands positive, so.
    If the roll is positive, NEXT they will Roll for how many pups get the gene.
    Since roll for pups was a 3, this will be a roll between 1-3.
    Roll lands on a 2.
    2 pups will have butterfly wings.

EVERY pup will always have a roll for Albinism! You must roll the #50 out of 150 to apply it. This will cause all dark colors to appear light, and light colors to appear lighter.
Last edited by Stårry on Thu Mar 24, 2022 12:20 pm, edited 18 times in total.
Stårry

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Stamps & Art

Postby Stårry » Thu Feb 10, 2022 3:46 pm

Stamp by staccato!
[url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=123&t=4695952][img]https://i.ibb.co/8mbykk3/caterpurrlar-stamp-1.png[/img][/url]
Last edited by Stårry on Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:26 pm, edited 6 times in total.

When this world
is no more

┌────────────┐
coding art credit
my characters
ImageImage

└────────────┘
The moon is all
we'll see

┌────────────┐
└────────────┘
I'll ask you to