Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2 (CLOSED)

Postby Fahrenheit » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:11 am

Maybe everyone who has been part for the JBD community for a long time should be able to make one bean before it closes?
Image Art by me Rinzy <3333 (I love youuuu)
[center]Image
Fahrenheit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jayus » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:16 am

I disagree with making it an open species.
People have worked hard to win the JBDs that they have, and it wouldn't be fair to suddenly have all of their work be for nothing.
Plus, there's no guarantee that the beans that are made are going to be good. A lot of people will want to design beans, but they can't match the standards made by our lovely artists.

I also don't want to see them being sold for money. It takes so many people out of the community, and I just don't see a way to get into the community easily if that happens.

If anything, I think that the nursery should remain open. It's a good way to make sure the community doesn't die, and you don't really have to worry about anything because it's even more upon the shoulders of the artists. It lets the people find new things to do with their JBDs, and babies are always adorable ovo

Either way, I respect your decision and I guess I just need to find something else to do cx
jayus

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby winkatuck » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:19 am

I suggest to avoid further spam that a mod or higher CS staff member please do close this thread, it's closed now. If hiccup ever decides to re-open then she will get it unlocked.

Thanks!
Hey, I'm Wink and I own Goblin Gators!
I'm temporarily active here so if you got a question about them feel free to shoot me a pm!

winkatuck

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby allynabean » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:21 am

Goodbye jbds. *cries*
╔══════════════════╗
ally || she/they || adult
╚══════════════════╝
╔══════════════════╗
stars || fcats || moonclan
╚══════════════════╝
art by nio

Image Image Image
allynabean

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yenneii » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:24 am

Guys just let it go, Jelly bean dragons had a great run, hiccup and staff did a good job answering questions and submitting great beans. I know many of you want it to become an open species but it is unfair for those that put effort into forms to get their dream bean. In the end not everybody wins the race, for those of you that did not win a jbd, or receive one it's too bad. Don't bug hiccup into making it an open species, respect her privacy and decision. Believe me i'm sad, but what she is doing is for the best.

Please respect hiccup, thank you.
yenneii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragon Documentary » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:57 am

Ah, we are sad to see you go Hiccup. However, I completely agree with everything you said about the open species thing.

I know that it sounds great to non-owners, and maybe some owners too, but I dread the idea. Besides, there will be readopts and nursery adopts--there are like 10 going on right now! I just can't imagine the species that everyone loves, with set numbers and color specifications, opened. It would just seem really unfair to those who have worked hard on their forms. And imagine the modding that would be involved--I know lots of people will probably reply to this and say they would volunteer as a mod, but I cannot imagine the workload of modding that would be involved if this were an open species.

If Hiccup said no open species, no open species. That may sound blunt, but that is their decision and we should all respect that. After all, Hiccup tolerated us all for 3 years ;)
I rarely check this website any more. If you need to reach me, please contact me through my Deviant Art. *Note: I am largely uninterested in CS pets/items as art payment, but I have no plans to give away anything on my account/any of my characters.

[img]Huge WIP![/img
[img]xxxxxxxxx[/img]
[img]xxxxxxxxx[/img]
[img]xxxxxxxxx[/img]
[img]xxxxxxxxx[/img]
[img]xxxxxxxxx[/img]

xxleftxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxrightxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxcenterxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Dragon Documentary

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby conquest; » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:01 am

I'd like to throw in my two cents if possible u w u
I really loved JBDs for the whole time I was part of the community, even though admittedly I wasn't very active with Jamie but I loved her either way. I respect your decisions, hiccup, and I think it's for the best of Jellybean Dragons that it closes.
I really don't agree with it becoming an open species, and we shouldn't pressure Hic into doing that to her loved species. If you didn't win a JBD in the past it wasn't meant to be, and if you did, that should be it. Yep ok

Bye JBDs, I'll, along with many others will miss you!
conquest;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby griffin111 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:31 am

Hello everyone, I know this thread is being spammed by many members of this community, old and new, who all have similar things to say however, I just felt I needed to say thank you to everyone. I've been in this community for years, I'm one of the ancients and have the 4 beans and what seems like a lifetime of art to prove it xD New members may not recognise me as lately I haven't been on the FC as I too felt the atmosphere change wildly but hopefully the friends I made here will remember me (Griff) and the amazing times we had typing in chat boxes and suffering the feels of pixels!

I can honestly say that my life has improved so much thanks to Jellybean Dragons. I made friends that felt more like mine than the ones I made irl, trying for so many contests fuelled my competitive nature and performed wonders on my artistic ability. It taught me what it's like to be part of a fandom, to make my home on the internet and deal with problems that seem big to some people but small to others. It may sound sad but JBDs were a huge part of my life, like many others I became hooked on these fluffy things and never looked back. My beans were a version of me and how I acted but also what I wanted to become: A dreamer, a loyal friend, daring and ignorant and so much more xD I'll never be able to look at default emojis or an uncoded post on a forum the same way!

Anyway, I'll never forget the days we spent roleplaying, drawing, watching livestreams and of course arguing about such small things >3< I respect your decision to close the adopts Hiccup and wish you good luck in life, I knew you not well but thank you nonetheless! <3
I'm not so active here anymore but I do still return daily even if it doesn't seem like it ^^'' I've made some brilliant friends on the website that I'll never forget even if I've never met you face to face, especially through JBDs. However things have changed over my two years here and I miss what it was like.

Update: How was it been 4 years since I joined?!?

DeviantartYoutube ✖ My J B D S

IRL BFF My Hermy Smokety Whitey LoeLoe Dew Moo Missu
griffin111

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Segie » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:32 am

Hiccup, I'd like to lead you to this thread, if your oekaki still isn't working. viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1941510

There is one thing I would like to say. I'm an active member of the community, and I have spent a lot of my time roleplaying my beans. They are my favorite characters to roleplay! I had always dreamed of the day when they would start families of their own. With the nursery closed I'll never get to see that happen, and honestly I feel like a lot of the time I have spent roleplaying was a waste. Whats the point anymore? What am I trying to achieve for them? Things seemed to be going fine with the nursery still open. The recent drama had nothing to do with most of the community, so if your decision has anything to do with that it would be unfair to close the nursery for everybody.
Segie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Deadly Nightshade » Fri Jul 18, 2014 4:36 am

I'd just like to say something if that's okay? ouo

I have been trying for JBDs for as long as I can remember and have been a member of the community for just as long, and it has been a fun and amazing experience! I have made many friends through this species and everyone has been so nice. <33 It is a real shame to see such an awesome species go...But I understand why and respect that. c: I would just like to say thank you! To all the staff and members of the community. <33
10 Years on CS!
Deadly Nightshade

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me