Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2 (CLOSED)

Postby saint.EXE » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:22 am

although i wasnt very active in general, i do believe it was about time jbds quit. things were getting out of hand, and i understand it was getting harder and harder to control such a large community and keep making original designs.
on the note of an open species, i think its not too good of an idea, because then jbds will lose their value and they wont be so unique anymore once everyone starts making them and open species are even harder to regulate.
but, i thank u hiccup and staff for your time with jbds and i wish u all luck.
saint.EXE

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ege » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:34 am

Though I'm not particularly active in the community, I am sad to see these guys go. Thank you, Hiccup, for creating jbds and letting us even adopt them in the first place and thanks to the staff for all the work they did to help this species. It had to end eventually, and I respect your decision. However, I do hope the nursery stays open for a while longer (I have a bunch of non-owner friends I still want to gift, hehe).

I personally do not agree with the idea of making them an open species and I really hope people don't push you to that. People who do own beans worked very hard for them, and it would feel like a slap in the face to see people able to make their own beans without the hours of work we owners have had to put in.

ege • any pronouns • semi-active
      toyhouse: ege • discord: egeshells

art shop

signature art by maqqots
ege

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby claypigeon » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:38 am

Maybe this could be an open species?

hi!
clay★ she/her
i have many classes, work and no time. ((so please be patient w me !!)
electric guitar connoisseur. dead head and led head
pm me if you need to talk or just want a friend !!
If I owe you an unfinished commission I never did from years ago, which I did often bc I was a horrible little gremlin, please just let me know : )
johnny says stay cool
claypigeon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby peppermintleo » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:53 am

Dang, i was hoping for my two beans to have kids, but becauze Jace is an NB and Alastors GF is an NB, we have to wait forever yet.

Maybe you could make the nursery open with a few rules? So users can breed ONLY archived beans?t
call me pure / he-him pronouns / transboy
ImageImage Image
peppermintleo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyrant001 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 2:55 am

I would love to see this turn into an open species, that would be so awesome and kind of Hiccup. ;w; I never got to own one but I stalked ever since I joined CS. x'D Any way it goes I respect your decisions on where to take this awesome species!

𝙷𝚊𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚋𝚊𝚕
💚
💜 💛 ❤️
Stream The Dream Eaters, stan Alan Wake
Tyrant001

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foxxbreath » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:02 am

I understand your reasons for closing this species Hiccup, and I think it's a good idea if you can't handle it anymore.

But really, I was hoping to see my beans have families. Or at least one of my two beloveds to have at least one child. So I agree with the nursery staying open; because I mean if we keep the same nursery, all the breeding limits will stay and once they're done...well, they're done and no one can really breed again after they've done their 3(*or 1) anyways. It's not like they could sneak extra beans in.

I also like the moderated open species idea. It could be like Pips, with a limit/color rule still and all the species design ideas/requirements. But it could have people looking out for those who break these rules, but then breeding would be hard.

Then there's still nonowners. I realize not everyone on CS can have q bean; but there
s so many people who love the species and have been trying for so long, that still don't have one? Take my boyfriend for example; when these closed, someone started telling him things about how he sucks, he'll never get a bean. etc etc. I just don't think that's fair, just over a species closing?

Sorry if I seem angry, just my thought.
Thank you. <3
    ImageImage
    𝕭𝖊 𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖘𝖎𝖉𝖊 𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖙 𝖘𝖆𝖛𝖊𝖘 𝖕𝖊𝖔𝖕𝖑𝖊

𝕭𝖊𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖊 𝖆 𝖌𝖔𝖔𝖉 𝖒𝖆𝖓

ImageImage
ImageImage

ImageImage
foxxbreath

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Hiroko » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 am

I respect your decision, Hiccup. If it were me, I doubt I would even have the ability to keep them lasting as long as you and the rest of the staff did. I do have one question though--what will become of the fanclub? I know dozens of people go on the chat to talk to each other every day. Will the whole website be taken down, will it stay up?
I'm pretty inactive here rn

| ask.fm | deviantart |
Hiroko

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Fahrenheit » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:04 am

I wanna add something, if this were open species, everyone would be able to make their dream bean, and that would cause satisfaction!
Image Art by me Rinzy <3333 (I love youuuu)
[center]Image
Fahrenheit

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Todd. » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:09 am

Perhaps giving every bean a chance of heaving at least one kid? Dun know, I was thinking about it too and I'd like to have a family too at some point ^^ but, those are your creation and I guess you know what's best for them. Anyway, everything good comes to an end so it was great while it lasted <3

Tough... Making an open species... I don't know but I guess people could try and copy designs and all that, and I think it would take some of the species shine away. Not that I think they should be exclusive but it really wouldn't be that fair for everyone who worked hard to now simply open the species. This is my point of view though and I don't really want to discuss it.
Image Image
[ He/him ] [ Brazilian ] [20+] [ Veterinarian ]

----------------------------------------
[ Wi-Fi > ]
[ All art by me Q//u//Q ]
----------------------------------------
Commission Board.

Mods, luna333 is my sister and Velifera is my cousin. We do trade unfairly and share IP addresses at times.
Todd.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Sethh » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:10 am

geefriend45 wrote:
I personally do not agree with the idea of making them an open species and I really hope people don't push you to that. People who do own beans worked very hard for them, and it would feel like a slap in the face to see people able to make their own beans without the hours of work we owners have had to put in.

I agree. And open species would be horribly unfair, people often spend hours pouring theirs souls into forms, and if you could just go and randomly make one, it wouldn't be fair!

kaworu nagisa wrote:although i wasnt very active in general, i do believe it was about time jbds quit. things were getting out of hand, and i understand it was getting harder and harder to control such a large community and keep making original designs.
on the note of an open species, i think its not too good of an idea, because then jbds will lose their value and they wont be so unique anymore once everyone starts making them and open species are even harder to regulate.
but, i thank u hiccup and staff for your time with jbds and i wish u all luck.

The above is a good point. JBDs will lose their value if made into an open species.

Fahrenheit wrote:
Sunset Morning wrote:If beans were made an open species, I think it'd be good if each person could make themselves a certain amount of beans, then make others as many beans as they want, all which have to be approved before getting posted. And since maby staffs quit, there could be new staff to approve the beans

this way rules are followed and no ugly beans are made!

Yeah!!! My point

Beans' would lose their value. I have actually spent money into buying art for forms, and if this was made into an open species, it would feel like everything I worked for was a waste!

Fahrenheit wrote:I wanna add something, if this were open species, everyone would be able to make their dream bean, and that would cause satisfaction!

What about when people started stealing old bean designs because it was their original 'dream bean'?
quitting but keeping most of my pets, may gift stuff 2 friends
Sethh

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me