Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Re: Jellybean Dragon Adopts 2

Postby Liegion. » Sun Jan 06, 2013 2:02 pm

When will the next JBD come out?
My Characters
ImageImageImageImageImage
My best friends in the entire
world are Sylph of Mind and TrueBluuue
Liegion.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kida » Sun Jan 06, 2013 4:15 pm

Liegion. wrote:When will the next JBD come out?

New JBDs are released whenever the artists finish them. Questions like this are pretty pointless, as there's almost never a set date for new JBDs to be posted.
Kida

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LOCW_Bluestarwarrior » Sun Jan 06, 2013 5:06 pm

So, this is the newest adopt thread, right?
------------
------------Call me Blue
------------adult // fan of a great
------------many things
------------ImageImageImage
------------
------------
------------ImageImage
------------Art credit - me
------------
LOCW_Bluestarwarrior

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wickedfoul » Sun Jan 06, 2013 7:01 pm

LOCW_Bluestarwarrior wrote:So, this is the newest adopt thread, right?

Right ;)
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

ive pretty much quit.
my tumblr : xxxxxxxxxxxxx @wickedfoul
my vent : xxxxxxx.xxxxxxxxxx @panther
my deviantart : xxxxxxxxxx aubadesucks

ImageImageImageImageImageImage
wickedfoul

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Marmoset » Sun Jan 06, 2013 11:45 pm

I have a bone to pick with the artists... Sorry, but it's really quite bugging me.

Can you please please please stop making beans that have page limits for the contest's end. It's an unruly time limit and when the adoptables are as popular as these, it gets filled extremely quick. I had one example when I was trying for one but as I posted the form, it allowed me, I check back into my posts to see that I was the last post 3 pages after the "page limit" when I had clicked the reply button 2 pages before the limit. I was really disappointed. To add to this, I recently noticed that some adoptables are not allowing reserve/WIP posts, while still having the page limit. That is extremely hard on many people, in particular mobile users.
I liked it when it was nice and simple, a form, some rules and an end date.

I'm sorry I have to be such a downer. I'm thinking of starting up my Marants again.
(If you want to discuss this further, please take it to pm. Just allow the mods to do their job and answer me without the unnecessary spam.)
ON FULL HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
╔═══════════════════════╗
Image Image Image Image
Used to be Marmoset
<--- Left Sorbet art by Lilelith
JBDs|tumblr|YouTube|dA|Ask.fm
╚═══════════════════════╝
ImageImageImage
Marmoset

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pure Dragon » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:33 am

Marmoset wrote:I have a bone to pick with the artists... Sorry, but it's really quite bugging me.

Can you please please please stop making beans that have page limits for the contest's end. It's an unruly time limit and when the adoptables are as popular as these, it gets filled extremely quick. I had one example when I was trying for one but as I posted the form, it allowed me, I check back into my posts to see that I was the last post 3 pages after the "page limit" when I had clicked the reply button 2 pages before the limit. I was really disappointed. To add to this, I recently noticed that some adoptables are not allowing reserve/WIP posts, while still having the page limit. That is extremely hard on many people, in particular mobile users.

I'm sorry I have to be such a downer. I'm thinking of starting up my Marants again.
(If you want to discuss this further, please take it to pm. Just allow the mods to do their job and answer me without the unnecessary spam.)

I just have a little to add to this - I'm starting to do longer forms, and it is truly annoying when you try to post a form you've worked on for half an hour or more only to find you can't enter it. Maybe there could be a rule that the contest has to be open for 24 hours before the artist can do a page limit/end date? Although I do want whatever is easiest for the artists, so that's just a suggestion.
Pure Dragon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby yeentei » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:39 am

Pure Dragon wrote:
Marmoset wrote:I have a bone to pick with the artists... Sorry, but it's really quite bugging me.

I just have a little to add to this - I'm starting to do longer forms, and it is truly annoying when you try to post a form you've worked on for half an hour or more only to find you can't enter it. Maybe there could be a rule that the contest has to be open for 24 hours before the artist can do a page limit/end date? Although I do want whatever is easiest for the artists, so that's just a suggestion.

I was going to say this, but I didnt have the 'courage' to. Well, here it is. So, artists, please dont make page
limits, or just make the limit somthing like 20 or 15, its very hard for mobile users as it takes longer to type
it.
Last edited by yeentei on Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

yeen - he/they, adult
i haven't been active here for a hot minute
art by spark-platinum
yeentei

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby foreign-potato » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:40 am

The reason why I do that personally IS because they fill so quick. I don't want to have to judge over 30 pages of forms, I just don't have the time or patience, honestly. ^^; I'm not sure how to fix this problem but I am not personally a fan of that rule idea, Pure Dragon. ouo;
characters

★nontheist; pro-choice; human rights ★
Find me on
dA!

looking for art or designs --
offering very rare list pets and more

foreign-potato

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tacita » Mon Jan 07, 2013 2:50 am

Pure Dragon wrote:

I'm going to have to back this up as well. The page limit is especially hard for those of us in different time zones. I've missed beans before because I was asleep. :c It's also hard for those of us who post for a bean with a page limit before the limit, then losing inspiration for the bean after the page limit has been reached. I've posted for beans a couple of times now with page limits then lost inspiration for them a few days later. This makes me feel pretty guilty for dropping out and depriving someone of an application slot. I mostly only posted because there was a page limit and I didn't want to lose my place for a potential JBD. Most of the time I take a day or so to think about if I really want the bean I'm applying for. It'd be nice if the applications were open for a limited time (like say two or three days), like Pure Dragon said. That way, people could think about if they really wanted the bean and drop out or not post if they found that they didn't.
Sorry if this is considered spam. I just wanted to get my own two cents in.

...As an example of how long it takes for some of us to type something, by the way, three people just posted right before I posted this. xD;;

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
no longer active, find me elsewhere as jurassiq!
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Tacita

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby bsktcase » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:00 am

Tacita wrote:
Pure Dragon wrote:

I'm going to have to back this up as well. The page limit is especially hard for those of us in different time zones. I've missed beans before because I was asleep. :c It's also hard for those of us who post for a bean with a page limit before the limit, then losing inspiration for the bean after the page limit has been reached. I've posted for beans a couple of times now with page limits then lost inspiration for them a few days later. This makes me feel pretty guilty for dropping out and depriving someone of an application slot. I mostly only posted because there was a page limit and I didn't want to lose my place for a potential JBD. Most of the time I take a day or so to think about if I really want the bean I'm applying for. It'd be nice if the applications were open for a limited time (like say two or three days), like Pure Dragon said. That way, people could think about if they really wanted the bean and drop out or not post if they found that they didn't.
Sorry if this is considered spam. I just wanted to get my own two cents in.

...As an example of how long it takes for some of us to type something, by the way, three people just posted right before I posted this. xD;;

Plus what about the people how have tryed and never get one some of us It is hard to do art online or make stories. It is really hard for me cuz, I do not like making stories at all! and I can never do art on her it is really bad if I do!(Not allow in my house to say S-u-c-k)Plus page limits are really stuped! Srry but, i really want one of this but, they always half of the time to people who own one already! There should be Limit to how many JBD's you can own!(Srry not trying to be rude but, still it is unfair)
bsktcase

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me