Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1040

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Romeo Montagu » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:27 pm

Fairy Prince wrote:I think I've said previously that I don't support this, and that hasn't changed. It's up to the user what they do with their pets, and pets get rereleased so it's not like a few deletes are going to destroy the economy.

However, I do think that removing the option to delete store pets might be a good choice, since those aren't going to be rereleased. It's true, they aren't supposed to be considered part of a full collection so making them harder to find shouldn't be considered a bad thing, but that's not really how people think of them. Removing the button might actually be useful for making store pets as different from other pets. On the other hand, only removing the button from certain pets would probably be a lot more difficult to code than removing it from everything; I'm not sure if the system has any way to mark store pets.

(Sorry if I'm kind of ramble-y, it's late.)

I must agree
Romeo Montagu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby SunRaes » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:02 pm

Shian wrote:Actually, for phobias and such I can see it being pretty handy.
Spiders, anyone? How about snakes? You can bet if there's ever a mukade pet, I'll delete it. Don't want it on my account for one second, much less wait around for the pound or some other user to accept a trade. :(

Hi! I understand having a fear/phobia of spiders, snakes and such, but couldn't you just send the pets to the pound for someone else to enjoy? If you don't want a certain pet, I imagine another user would be very happy to pick it up from the pound. Think. If you found an undamaged, stainless clothing article in your drawer, and you decided that you didn't like it, would you throw it in the trash or would you give it to a charity/clothing drive for someone else to enjoy?

I know there are factors as to why the delete button should be removed, but I certainly think phobias aren't one of those factors.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SunRaes

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:08 pm

As I've already stated, If it's damaging to my mental health, I want it off my account now. Not later when the pound decides to accept the trade.
Last time I donated to the pound it took a week for it to be accepted. Which is just fine for unwanted pets that I don't care for. Not fine for something that makes me ill or cry. Some people (like me) have a hard time just looking at a picture of what they're afraid of. If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.

Think. If you found an undamaged, stainless clothing article in your drawer, and you decided that you didn't like it, would you throw it in the trash or would you give it to a charity/clothing drive for someone else to enjoy?

I've never found an article of clothing to give me a panic attack so I'm not sure what you're getting at here. I've run plenty of giveaways for pets I don't want and are happy to give away.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 12:51 pm

I support the decision of the removal.
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby v1s10ns » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:16 pm

If someone wants to delete their pet, no matter what rarity or reason, it is their decision. Even if the pet is rare, why should you get to decide what they do with their pet? What if someone is deleting their pet because they have associated a negative memory with that pet and don’t want to see it anymore or don’t want to pass it to someone else? I feel like removing this feature would just be out of greed rather than trying to help the cs community.
Sorry if any of this came off as rude, but it’s my true opinion.

Shian wrote:As I've already stated, If it's damaging to my mental health, I want it off my account now. Not later when the pound decides to accept the trade.
Last time I donated to the pound it took a week for it to be accepted. Which is just fine for unwanted pets that I don't care for. Not fine for something that makes me ill or cry. Some people (like me) have a hard time just looking at a picture of what they're afraid of. If you can't understand that, then I can't help you.

Exactly.
achitoki#9447
v1s10ns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:41 pm

AchiToki wrote:If someone wants to delete their pet, no matter what rarity or reason, it is their decision. Even if the pet is rare, why should you get to decide what they do with their pet? What if someone is deleting their pet because they have associated a negative memory with that pet and don’t want to see it anymore or don’t want to pass it to someone else? I feel like removing this feature would just be out of greed rather than trying to help the cs community.

Shian wrote:As I've already stated, If it's damaging to my mental health, I want it off my account now. Not later when the pound decides to accept the trade.

Exactly.

In what way would it be "greedy"? Honestly, just think about the people who just joined.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:49 pm

Blackcat110 wrote:In what way would it be "greedy"? Honestly, just think about the people who just joined.

You almost answered your own question. Almost.

Would've been a little more obvious if someone came along and said "If someone doesn't want their pet, they can send it to someone who wants it, like me"

It's a little awkward because I think people are consciously thinking of other people but are subconsciously thinking of themselves (because who wants to appear selfish? but who can deny that they probably would like to take a pet off of someone's hands?). Probably that survival instinct kicking in on a small scale
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:51 pm

nickjr wrote:
Blackcat110 wrote:In what way would it be "greedy"? Honestly, just think about the people who just joined.

You almost answered your own question. Almost.

Would've been a little more obvious if someone came along and said "If someone doesn't want their pet, they can send it to someone who wants it, like me"

It's a little awkward because I think people are consciously thinking of other people but are subconsciously thinking of themselves. Probably that survival instinct kicking in on a small scale

I’m not advising people beg for pets, but when you join and have almost no pets, any are appreciated.
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby v1s10ns » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:53 pm

Blackcat110 wrote:
AchiToki wrote:If someone wants to delete their pet, no matter what rarity or reason, it is their decision. Even if the pet is rare, why should you get to decide what they do with their pet? What if someone is deleting their pet because they have associated a negative memory with that pet and don’t want to see it anymore or don’t want to pass it to someone else? I feel like removing this feature would just be out of greed rather than trying to help the cs community.

Exactly.

In what way would it be "greedy"? Honestly, just think about the people who just joined.

The removal of the ability to delete pets would deprive users of a basic feature. I feel like a lot of people supporting this are scared that users are going to delete high demand pets and take them out of circulation. Often times, though, pets being deleted are uncommon and below. The absence of a few pets out of the thousand on the site would not harm the economy. And even if a pet is labeled very rare, there can be hundreds of that pet on the site. Deleting is similar to list hoarding; it is taking pets out of circulation. I would say list hoarding can be more major, as it can become one user taking, say, 20 valuable pets out of circulation, rather than deleting a few. *no offense to any hoarders or list hoarders! sorry*
achitoki#9447
v1s10ns

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:54 pm

Are there other solutions than deleting the pets? I know it would take too long and it's aggravating to wait for the pound/someone to accept it, so as someone else said, put the unwanted pets in a group just for them? And of course, avoid adopting any of the pets you have a phobia of.
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me