Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1040

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Boghound » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:13 pm

Deleting pets isn't a stress relief or anger relief thing for everyone though, lol. Maybe you just feel like deleting something. It's not a slight against anyone; it's just something you have the ability to do so you do it. Who cares what people do with their pets? I can assure you the people doing the rarity change project aren't doing it because they hate the pet/hate the artist/whatever. As ex staff if someone set out to delete all of my pets because they don't like me/my work.. that's fine by me. It's their right, they can do whatever they want. I have a pet on my account I'm not allowed to trade by instruction of Tess; when I finally abandon this account, I will delete that pet. I'd rather it be gone than sit here and collect dust for however many years the owners can continue to support the site's costs and keep it running.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Also if someone IS doing this for stress relief... honestly, it's a harmless option. It's not hurting a single person out there. It's just getting rid of pixels.
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
✦✦✦

elijah/eli. they/him. adult. severely mentally ill.
open to dms if you need to chat for whatever reason!
currently in my warriors era.

🌈

✦✦✦

Boghound

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:57 pm

Shian wrote:Actually, for phobias and such I can see it being pretty handy.
Spiders, anyone? How about snakes? You can bet if there's ever a mukade pet, I'll delete it. Don't want it on my account for one second, much less wait around for the pound or some other user to accept a trade. :(

Just put it into a group and never go into it until someone accepts! Someone may love that pet even if you hate it. I, for one, find sneks adorable and would be sad if people deleted theirs. I personally don’t like nick pets but some people hoard them!
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nyanine » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:03 pm

MaximumWildlife wrote:
Spiders, anyone? How about snakes? You can bet if there's ever a mukade pet, I'll delete it. Don't want it on my account for one second, much less wait around for the pound or some other user to accept a trade. :(

Just put it into a group and never go into it until someone accepts! Someone may love that pet even if you hate it. I, for one, find sneks adorable and would be sad if people deleted theirs. I personally don’t like nick pets but some people hoard them!

I would adopt all the snakes I could get- I LOVE them. And I like spiders and rats too...
nyanine

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:06 pm

nickjr wrote:"Ineffective" != "immature", especially in a society where it's accepted among the masses to "vent when you need to" and is even seen as the "mature" thing to do whereas bottling it up is seen as "immature and harmful" because it's supposedly a sign that you can't communicate like everyone else (and I haven't heard of a middle ground between venting and bottling it up, nor can I think of one...)

I’ve never heard of bottling emotions being immature. The immature way to deal with emotions is to scream in the streets about it. Bottling isn’t immature, it isn’t mature, it’s just unsafe. (For me it causes random outbursts of tons of emotions at the same time)

It seems to me that it isn’t a maturity thing, it’s more of a way for someone to try to not appear as if it was. I don’t know about other people but the only reasons that I have done it was because I wanted to appear less immature, and not bother anyone with childish problems. (Yes, I’m fine now. Just saying my opinion)

nickjr wrote:Yeah, I have a folder of "scary pets"... but since a lot of people actually like zombie pets, I'm like "okay I'll put them up for trade"

I have a request in the group name to warn me if those pets are added to the trade because I forgot to put the request in earlier and someone sent a trade wanting those pets without saying which pets they wanted in the message (understandable) and I screamed when I scrolled down and upset my parents. Then I had nightmares that night and did not sleep well. (Yep this happened when I adopted the zombie fennecs in the first place. I know I'm on the extreme end of sensitivity, so I don't fundamentally mind if this keeps happening)

Too bad I have to actually look at the pets in my peripheral vision to delete them lol but it's nice to know that if having the pets on my account start to really make me nervous, then I can delete them and never have to deal with them ever again; even with the Pound I have to wait for the trade to be accepted and then that's just one more trade in my trade history with the scary pets, so if I go back through my trade history later (which I do a lot) and open that trade...

Or, what you can do is pick a lot of random people and send them trades with a note to self of what it contains? You can also have someone else tell you what is in the trade before you look. Or, with less hassle, just write down who you sent it to and when! ^-^
ImageImage

Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:19 pm

But what if people are sick of trading? I mean the way people act lately can be very off putting. I know its easy to think of those pets being removed as being selfish. But if they never traded them, would that not be the same thing?
Thats why I don't follow the whole "delete pet is bad cause it causes harm" bit. Because how is deleting any different than keeping forever (weather online or off)?

I still view delete as more along the lines of ripping up your pokemon cards. At the end of the day, it is no different. You are only hurting yourself by doing it... Just cause you want those pokemon doesn't mean we should be forced to give it to you. If the delete button goes, then the next logical step should be to make all accounts with an expiration date. After 20 or so years of inactivity, those pets goes to the pound since its not likely they will ever remember their password (or care to play anymore). I would like to see how popular that suggestion is with others here. Your goal is to make pets be shared after all. Why not go all the way and just make it unavoidable?

Though if you ask me, such a feature is a terrible idea. Because we no longer have a choice on what we can do with our paid for pets and items.
Plus forced recirculation of store pets may kill their values. Cause once its able to be reobtained for free, why pay for one? Just wait and trade.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:12 pm

MaximumWildlife wrote:

I don't think you understand what a phobia is. Or a panic attack.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:28 pm

Shian wrote:
MaximumWildlife wrote:

I don't think you understand what a phobia is. Or a panic attack.

I know what phobias are. I have some. I haven't expirenced any panic attacks though and I apologize if you get those and/or if I underestimated the severity of your phobia. I personally have to block IT/FNAF/etc based profiles because I get paranoid. I guess it's okay to delete them asap as you said because you just adopted them from the monthly, though if it was months after then I'd be more worried, after all why do you even have them at that point lol
ImageImage

Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Enacra » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:01 pm

full support from me
Enacra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:39 pm

Wow, I failed at communication reception. Took me this long to realize Birb was responding to my "Might want to use a different argument" statement and not backing up Aurore like I originally thought. -crawls into hole- sorry and also thank you for the link

@MaximumWildlife the notes suggestion works but it's a bit of a hassle to cross-reference that list for every trade I want to look at... maybe I look at old trades more often than most people? idk I always feel weird giving my situation because sometimes I know my situation is extreme, sometimes I know my situation is completely typical, and sometimes I really have no idea so I try anyway

@Emh wow hi I thought of you when I saw this suggestion pop up

Edit: lol got confused for a sec until I remembered the bump function
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Sat Jan 20, 2018 2:26 pm

I think I've said previously that I don't support this, and that hasn't changed. It's up to the user what they do with their pets, and pets get rereleased so it's not like a few deletes are going to destroy the economy.

However, I do think that removing the option to delete store pets might be a good choice, since those aren't going to be rereleased. It's true, they aren't supposed to be considered part of a full collection so making them harder to find shouldn't be considered a bad thing, but that's not really how people think of them. Removing the button might actually be useful for making store pets as different from other pets. On the other hand, only removing the button from certain pets would probably be a lot more difficult to code than removing it from everything; I'm not sure if the system has any way to mark store pets.

(Sorry if I'm kind of ramble-y, it's late.)
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me