Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option. POLL ADDED

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support?

Yes
13%
No
14%
I'd prefer it being changed to "transfer to pound"
70%
Neutral
3%

Total votes : 1040

Re: Suggestion: Remove "Delete this pet" option

Postby Soarora » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:55 pm

Banana:Snake[quote="MaximumWildlife wrote:
Banana:Snake wrote:No support.

I prefer the ability to delete my many omgsocommons/verycommons/ect, or for whatever reason I prefer to delete my pet. Pets are released on Dec 18 anyway according to the variation needed to stimulate/support the economy. The function is there, though the reason behind it is no longer current. If Tess/Nick wanted it removed, didn't want users having control of a pet being on their account in that manner, they would have removed it by now.

People are worried that 'high value' pets are going to be deleted. I mean sure one salty player might do that but do you honestly believe several CS users are just going to decide "welp, time to delete my list pets and cause an economic crash?" I mean, really? really?

If someone deletes a pet because of an argument, oh well? They lost the pet that was on their account. They lost the value, no one else. If they continue to hunt down pets to delete from a certain player report it for harassment.

And remember, already a HUGE amount of users don't use it. A user has the right not to use it if they don't want to. No one is forcing them to delete pets. But you shouldn't take that function away from users who do regularly use it, or wish to continue using it.

MaximumWildlife wrote:The delete button isn’t a “basic feature”

Games like this typically do not have that feature, I was horrified when I saw that it existed when I joined.

Other adopt games have this feature. Off the top of my head, Lioden lets you kill/chase away lions, Flight Rising lets you exalt them. Leayph also has something similar. Both "remove" the "pets" from existence exception of recorded data/code. Heck something old as Nintendo Dogs lets you "remove" pets from their games, never to be recovered again. This isn't something unique to CS, lots of games do this.

Yes, it’s Tess’ and Nick’s decision, but since this is a community based site (or so it seems) they probably want to have the majority saying yes to what their opinion is

In those games you can breed pets, you cannot so that here

The majority who want it gone don't use the button, so why remove it from the players who use it for their own uses? It's already a small player base, who don't actively come out saying "I'm deleting these pets and you can't stop me" its more for their personal use. So why take it away from those few who already don't effect the economy?

And so? breedable or not those are pet collecting games too. And the option exist there too. Just like the option to give away freely is also able. Users should be able to choose what they want to do with the pet they adopted/received/trade.

"Once the pet is on your account, it is yours./Once you trade away the pet, it is theirs." comes into play here. If I want to be able to delete my pet, with the function that exist currently, I should be able too.

If people are allowed to Hoard pets, which """damages""" the economy, why can we not delete pets too? It's the same concept in a sense. These pets are out of circulation. And if I recall correctly, there is rules in place saying you can't bother a hoarder for hoarding. So why bother a deleter for deleting and removing their gameplay functionality?[/quote]

Honestly, you don't need to try to change my mind. I've heard all of these arguements in past pages and I'm becoming neutral on the topic. The reason why I brought up the breeding in those games is because there's an unlimited number of possibilities, unlike on here.

I will say this again, the pets do not belong to us. They belong to the site, and so we do not have a final say in what happens, what's allowed, or where our pets go. In the end it does not matter anyone's opinion, as the site has full rights as to what happens.
ImageImage

ImageImage .-|Image |-.ImageImage
Originally MaximumWildlife
Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:05 pm

Romeo Montagu wrote:
Blackcat110 wrote:What’s one example of a pet you have a phobia of? Spiders? They aren’t usually gifted, I think you’re safe with that.

My friend (who shall remain nameless) has major panic attacks at the mere sight of dogs. An event happened (not discussable on CS) which ruined her. She has panic attacks at the sound of a dog, which is nothing compared to the sight of one. So yes, dogs are often in gifts (being one of the most commonly liked and distributed pet on here, along side cats) and people can have phobias of them.

I am so sorry for your friend, whatever happened to her <3. But I feel that dogs are the most popular pet in this game, there's even a dog on the banner(Avian), and regularly on site news, etc etc. so if someone has a huge phobia of just seeing the dogs on Chicken Smoothie, I do not think they should play this game for their own safety.
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Romeo Montagu » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:10 pm

Slushy. wrote:
Romeo Montagu wrote:
Blackcat110 wrote:What’s one example of a pet you have a phobia of? Spiders? They aren’t usually gifted, I think you’re safe with that.

My friend (who shall remain nameless) has major panic attacks at the mere sight of dogs. An event happened (not discussable on CS) which ruined her. She has panic attacks at the sound of a dog, which is nothing compared to the sight of one. So yes, dogs are often in gifts (being one of the most commonly liked and distributed pet on here, along side cats) and people can have phobias of them.

I am so sorry for your friend, whatever happened to her <3. But I feel that dogs are the most popular pet in this game, there's even a dog on the banner(Avian), and regularly on site news, etc etc. so if someone has a huge phobia of just seeing the dogs on Chicken Smoothie, I do not think they should play this game for their own safety.

She doesn't play this game (thankfully) but it just irritates me seeing some people think phobias can only be of 'scary' things like spiders, when in reality you can have a phobia of nearly anything.
Romeo Montagu

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:13 pm

Romeo Montagu wrote:
Slushy. wrote:
Romeo Montagu wrote:[quote="Blackcat110"What’s one example of a pet you have a phobia of? Spiders? They aren’t usually gifted, I think you’re safe with that.

She doesn't play this game (thankfully) but it just irritates me seeing some people think phobias can only be of 'scary' things like spiders, when in reality you can have a phobia of nearly anything.[/quote]

That is true, there’s even a phobia of phobias. That’s why I said there should be a new feature to “block” species so people don’t have to confront their fears if they would not like to

I hope your friend is doing well, I can only assume what happened and it sounds horrible ;n; <3
ImageImage

Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slushy puppy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:47 pm

Romeo Montagu wrote:She doesn't play this game (thankfully) but it just irritates me seeing some people think phobias can only be of 'scary' things like spiders, when in reality you can have a phobia of nearly anything.

Oh okay, I understand and agree.
slushy puppy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:11 pm

Games like this typically do not have that feature, I was horrified when I saw that it existed when I joined.

It's not like Eldemore, Mystfell, Wajas, dragcave, valenth, sqiby, petadoptables, aywas, lioden, hworse, subtea, valenth, that other cat breeding site that got closed down.... I got tired of looking up sites to see if they have a delete button. Turns out, they all do. So it's most certainly a basic feature. I'd like to hear what games don't have this that you've found.

The only place where it wasn't a basic feature was where the pet dies after a certain amount of time. Wolf Play was the site and you can spend RL dollars on custom pets that would die after 3 or 6 months. Can't remember. Lovely system, that one.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:54 pm

Shian wrote:

It's not like Eldemore, Mystfell, Wajas, dragcave, valenth, sqiby, petadoptables, aywas, lioden, hworse, subtea, valenth, that other cat breeding site that got closed down.... I got tired of looking up sites to see if they have a delete button. Turns out, they all do. So it's most certainly a basic feature. I'd like to hear what games don't have this that you've found.

The only place where it wasn't a basic feature was where the pet dies after a certain amount of time. Wolf Play was the site and you can spend RL dollars on custom pets that would die after 3 or 6 months. Can't remember. Lovely system, that one.

MaximumWildlife wrote:
Banana:Snake[quote="MaximumWildlife wrote:

Other adopt games have this feature. Off the top of my head, Lioden lets you kill/chase away lions, Flight Rising lets you exalt them. Leayph also has something similar. Both "remove" the "pets" from existence exception of recorded data/code. Heck something old as Nintendo Dogs lets you "remove" pets from their games, never to be recovered again. This isn't something unique to CS, lots of games do this.

Yes, it’s Tess’ and Nick’s decision, but since this is a community based site (or so it seems) they probably want to have the majority saying yes to what their opinion is

In those games you can breed pets, you cannot so that here

The majority who want it gone don't use the button, so why remove it from the players who use it for their own uses? It's already a small player base, who don't actively come out saying "I'm deleting these pets and you can't stop me" its more for their personal use. So why take it away from those few who already don't effect the economy?

And so? breedable or not those are pet collecting games too. And the option exist there too. Just like the option to give away freely is also able. Users should be able to choose what they want to do with the pet they adopted/received/trade.

"Once the pet is on your account, it is yours./Once you trade away the pet, it is theirs." comes into play here. If I want to be able to delete my pet, with the function that exist currently, I should be able too.

If people are allowed to Hoard pets, which """damages""" the economy, why can we not delete pets too? It's the same concept in a sense. These pets are out of circulation. And if I recall correctly, there is rules in place saying you can't bother a hoarder for hoarding. So why bother a deleter for deleting and removing their gameplay functionality?[/quote]

--------(Above is another quote)--------

Honestly, you don't need to try to change my mind. I've heard all of these arguements in past pages and I'm becoming neutral on the topic. The reason why I brought up the breeding in those games is because there's an unlimited number of possibilities, unlike on here.

I will say this again, the pets do not belong to us. They belong to the site, and so we do not have a final say in what happens, what's allowed, or where our pets go. In the end it does not matter anyone's opinion, as the site has full rights as to what happens.[/quote]

---------(Above is another quote)----------
Please read the arguements before you. There's no use in repeating things. It doesn't matter if the minority that uses it wants it here, if the majority wants it gone it will be. Though that depends on Nick/Tess' opinion on what is fair and what is not.
ImageImage

Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soarora » Tue Jan 30, 2018 12:04 am

(I don't want to add on to the post above as it's really long)

Also, if it is indeed a basic feature in these types of games it should not be. I cannot form a conclusion on if I am correct or not because all you people have given me are breeding games. Heck, Slyestia (the game I was on before) is a breeding game and doesn't have a delete button. You can release pets but you can pay to get them back at any time, using real money but it's still available
ImageImage

Soarora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:44 am

I'm not sure why it matters that they're breeding games?

If we're going to get into the philosophy of the delete button (i.e. debating whether or not sites should have it) then that's a little outside the scope of this thread

Also it kinda hurts that you literally said "It doesn't matter if the minority that uses it wants it here, if the majority wants it gone it will be." Next time please make it look less like this is saying the minority doesn't matter just because they're a minority and that majority rules just because they're a majority
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Dragonswan » Tue Jan 30, 2018 1:49 am

Support
Dragonswan