[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Should we mark store pets as something separate?

Postby nickjr » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:48 am

I'm starting to really like the idea of having store pet markers similar to our PPS markers (PPS on the image itself AND the FAQ link on the pet page). Could be nice to have the same link under all the Store Pets tabs in the archives. I'd still like to see store pets in their own archive, separate from the main archive, but I recognize that's a bit extreme for people lol I think having a tag on the images themselves, an FAQ link on the pet pages, and the same link in the tabs under our current archives would be nice.

This would address two separate issues at the same time:

1) easy way to immediately see that certain pets with lineart edits and beautiful designs are store pets, not event pets or monthly pets! especially before they receive their rarities

2) I'm guessing this will definitely be in the theoretical FAQ link: let people know that store pets will never be rereleased

Could address a third issue as well, if it'll be put in the theoretical FAQ link:
3) let people know that store pets aren't considered part of the same collection as all other pets

(I wrote "the same collection as x" instead of "the full collection" or something similar because I remember what someone said earlier about how it'd be odd for CS to actually explicitly define what a full collection is, so I figured that using the wording "the same collection as x" would give a bit of flexibility and still allow people to have their own definitions of a "full collection" without feeling like it's less than/not as good as a site/official definition

there are probably better ways to put that)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby halloween3110 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:52 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
Shian wrote:http://www.chickensmoothie.com/trades/viewtrade.php?id=60911851&userid=5190&signature=C5rGV5SQWs_-hjwM7SeM8w

This was exactly my earlier point. Since pets often don't get rarities for 3+ months, it would be really nice to indicate that these pets aren't just another missed outcome for new players.

Thats a rare case as far as I know. Anyone can go see the store pets that are in this month, it isn't that hard, and I'm fairly sure everyone knows what the store pets look like with the frenzy that happens each time they get released. There's even a news bulletin on the front page when they're released.

I still do agree that there should be a tag of some sort, though. If PPS have one, I think the BBS even had one? It just makes sense the store pets would have one, too.

As an oldish player, I am finding that I get trades for my Store pets for normal VC or Common pets on a regular basis.

I would prefer that there would be some marker to separate them from everyday pets, just to help others understand that they are likely to become rare........?
halloween3110

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Wed Mar 01, 2017 3:39 pm

nickjr wrote:I'm starting to really like the idea of having store pet markers similar to our PPS markers (PPS on the image itself AND the FAQ link on the pet page). Could be nice to have the same link under all the Store Pets tabs in the archives. I'd still like to see store pets in their own archive, separate from the main archive, but I recognize that's a bit extreme for people lol I think having a tag on the images themselves, an FAQ link on the pet pages, and the same link in the tabs under our current archives would be nice.

This would address two separate issues at the same time:

1) easy way to immediately see that certain pets with lineart edits and beautiful designs are store pets, not event pets or monthly pets! especially before they receive their rarities

2) I'm guessing this will definitely be in the theoretical FAQ link: let people know that store pets will never be rereleased

Could address a third issue as well, if it'll be put in the theoretical FAQ link:
3) let people know that store pets aren't considered part of the same collection as all other pets

(I wrote "the same collection as x" instead of "the full collection" or something similar because I remember what someone said earlier about how it'd be odd for CS to actually explicitly define what a full collection is, so I figured that using the wording "the same collection as x" would give a bit of flexibility and still allow people to have their own definitions of a "full collection" without feeling like it's less than/not as good as a site/official definition

there are probably better ways to put that)

This is honestly my favorite idea. It is also the most practical and won't cause a crazy demand increase, but help people be more informed that store pets are special.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
──────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░
──────────────────

───────────────────────────
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

┌────────────┐

If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

└────────────┘
┌────────────┐

└────────────┘
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
▐░█
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Wed Mar 01, 2017 4:09 pm

@nickjr @lucky
I would agree with that idea. ^^ Especially with how nickjr has it worded so that it's not defining a full collection.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kiyomice » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:59 pm

I see no problem with the way things are right now, and thus see no need for a change. "Don't fix what isn't broken."
Kiyomice

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:39 am

Maybe you should change the title into something more like a definite suggestion rather than a question since there's already been a good amount of discussion.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:08 pm

Good idea. I'll do that tonight when I get back to my laptop! Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, there doesn't seem to be a consensus on exactly what to do (just mostly the sentiment that something ought to be done), so I'll try to consolidate the ideas we've seen so far into something more manageable than the list I have on the first page lol

Very tempted to just post the idea I like on the front page, but this isn't really my suggestion thread anymore after all this discussion haha maybe I'll just put it as the first one and all the other ideas underneath -coughs-

Edit: @Kiyomice I think it's arguable whether or not something is broken (nothing technical is broken, but there's the human element to consider)... Also some of the suggested methods are more like "improve quality of life" suggestions :)

edit2: First post has finally been updated! Sorry for the 2-day delay; stuff came up only a few hours after I originally posted this post orz
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [SUGGESTION] Mark store pets

Postby arabella !! » Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:39 pm

I like how the first post was edited! I agree with it.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Suggestion] Mark store pets as store pets

Postby nickjr » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:08 pm

First post has been updated, and the title has been changed to be clearer and less in your face lol

No content was added to the first post, but I reworded stuff and made the formatting better (I hope) and... also realized that there's a minor part of both poll options that isn't actually in the poll at all lol if you scroll to the quote boxes in the first post, you'll see what I mean

I didn't put it as its own poll option because 1) I feel like it wouldn't stand alone as an option very well, and 2) I kinda don't want to reset the poll votes orz I mean, I totally would reset the poll now if I felt like I needed to add an option since there aren't THAT many votes, but I feel like the thing I pulled out into the third quote box isn't really worth resetting the poll...

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: [Suggestion] Mark store pets as store pets

Postby EmberzTale » Thu Mar 23, 2017 4:29 am

I support this.
..Image