[IMPLEMENTED] Mark store pets as store pets

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Support or no support?

Store pet markers similar to PPS pet markers (image tag, FAQ link)
73%
Separate archives for store pets
18%
Other
1%
No support for any change; keep things the way they are now
8%

Total votes : 300

Re: Now that we have an OMGSR store pet

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 06, 2017 2:44 pm

DrinaLestrange wrote:Wassap, that's not fair to people who have a ton of C$ and can't afford to buy the store pets with cash.....there's a ton of kids on this site, and I personally dont know anyone who has parents willing to pay $60 cash for a virtual pet.

I would agree. None of those options are really fair to people who can't afford C$. Not to mention that still means that not many would get re-released into circulation and those that did manage to have that much C$ could drive up the demand to insane levels. I think lucky has a good idea and point to what they suggested:

lucky333123 wrote:Store pets should be hard to obtain, however I would like them to stay in circulation too.

To make it more fair, I feel like people want the chance they can simply add themselves in a number counter. They will just have to click on entering themselves in it and then the numbers chosen will be randomized. That way there is no bias, but will also allow members to choose whether they want to be inserted into it or not.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:03 pm

Just wanted to share a few posts I found from Tess, but these are from awhile back and it's possible she's changed her mind, but hopefully she hasn't. Even if I didn't have the Skeleton Bunny, I would feel the same way. I'm not sure if any of you play Destiny, but I would compare Store Pets to emblems that NEVER get released again. I would rather those emblems stay the way they are than get one, because I feel it would be unfair for those who bought them/earned them in the time frame they were given, much like with Store Pets. At least on here we can still TRADE for things, so there will always be some hope!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=285635&p=6972968&hilit=store+pets#p6972919
just like regular monthly pets, the store pets aren't going to be re-released

On the "Mystery Box" suggestion:
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=249846&p=6304705&hilit=store+pets#p6304705
that would ruin the rarity/trading value of all store pets and completely annoy anyone who's already had to work to get them, I'm not keen, sorry.

And just another thing I noticed she said that some people should consider:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=24325&p=2661171&hilit=store+pets#p2660894
it is impossible to please everyone, we get weekly requests from our store patrons to put more pets in the store, and then we get many complaints from our non-store patrons for doing so. Can't you all just accept that the store pets aren't part of a normal collection? You don't have to have them, just like the items don't matter. And since when were people trading 08 julys for a store pet anyway?
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:15 pm

So allow for both options. You can pay with your current C$ on hand or directly with whatever electronic payment you wish.

I should note that we all pay for list pets in some form. Weather with highly valuble lists, with large quantities of non lists, with c$, or with other forms of payment (art, writing, coding,etc..). All of the above has always been paid up to or more than the pet's current worth. No matter how unfair you feel of the high c$ price, us c$ buyers have the money to burn and should be able to buy them. You can always trade for the newly repurchased store pet with lists or other talents that you posess. Not everyone buys to keep. This is shown many times with current store pets.

@Beemo. Tess had initially made store pets available on Christmas. But did a 180 after everyone flooded her with complaints over it.

We are not advocating free release. Tess had made Christmas to keep all things within reach. So she could always decide to try again with store pets. Just not the way she tried it last time.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:51 pm

Beemo wrote:At least on here we can still TRADE for things, so there will always be some hope!

The problem is eventually we WONT be able to trade for these. That's why we're having this little discussion, to just throw ideas around for now and see if we can come up with anything viable. ^_^

WASSAP wrote:So allow for both options. You can pay with your current C$ on hand or directly with whatever electronic payment you wish.

I should note that we all pay for list pets in some form. Weather with highly valuble lists, with large quantities of non lists, with c$, or with other forms of payment (art, writing, coding,etc..). All of the above has always been paid up to or more than the pet's current worth. No matter how unfair you feel of the high c$ price, us c$ buyers have the money to burn and should be able to buy them. You can always trade for the newly repurchased store pet with lists or other talents that you posess. Not everyone buys to keep. This is shown many times with current store pets.

Yes, but people now can choose to pay with C$ and use their real money, or they can get these list pets or even recent store pets with other pets. Paying for list pets in some form is not paying for old store list pets with real money.

What it comes down to is that many users can not afford a $6o+ payment for one old store pet. Just because us C$ buyers have the money to burn, does not mean everyone does. This is about being fair to everyone, not just us who can afford to throw out a couple hundred for valuable old pets.

Don't get me wrong, I want a store re-release, too. Believe, me. I talk about it with a friend here on CS all the time.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby beemo » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:09 pm

ElementalInsanity wrote:
The problem is eventually we WONT be able to trade for these. That's why we're having this little discussion, to just throw ideas around for now and see if we can come up with anything viable. ^_^

I disagree, I don't think there will ever not be at least one for trade somewhere. I don't think it'll ever be like that with any pet that isn't a custom.

Also, that was more just a general comparison of Destiny vs. Chicken Smoothie. You can't trade anything on Destiny. Period.
beemo

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Obius » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:20 pm

Tess can't sell the pets for less than their current worth due to one reason. It would absolutely kill the value on them. I mean really. Would you buy a store pet now knowing that if you didn't, you would be able to buy it again at the same price years later? No one would back that up.
My point is that while the price is steep, it HAS TO BE in order to preserve its value. It would be a great disservice to all that brought the pet in the past if they were any cheaper on re-purchase.

And like I said, you can always trade your lists for them. Or art, coding, music, crafts, plushies, other online game items/pets, etc., etc.. If there were an alternative to buying with real money (one that matches the value of said pet), I would love to hear it.

Besides C$ has been mostly kept relatively undesirable by the community. I for one look forward to this change as C$ would no longer be treated like crap where lists are concerned. Which by the way, was brought with REAL hard earn money.

Edit: You can't be fair to everyone by selling the pet at a lower price. Like I said above, it would erode the worth people had invested in the pet. You just have to accept the fact that a rerelease will have a steep price. Otherwise you are screwing over all the people that paid for those pets in the past and present. I take protecting the pets value over tanking them.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:31 pm

@Wassap Oh I'm not saying lower the price at all. No, because I completely understand why we can't lower that price. ^^
I'm actually saying I don't think this option is viable for those reasons I've stated before. This is a children's website, it always has been and has been geared mainly as that. Yes, some of us who've been active for years have grown up but that doesn't change the focus of this site. So I'm saying for the general population it's not viable, not to lower the price any but perhaps it's not a good option at all. ^^" I'm still open to it, however? I just want it to be fair to everyone as much as possible.

(And actually, that's kind of like the thing where people kept repeating the Raven was worth a non. C$ is only "undesirable" because people keep repeating it is. I've literally done 3o trades in the past month for list pets with just C$.)

@Beemo Oh I meant, in general, it'll be too hard. I wasn't meaning right now but in the future, if we don't have a re-release. I didn't mean that there won't be any at all for trade, but that there won't be enough. It's already frustrating to enough users to try and trade for old store pets.
Image Image
10/08/22 <3
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Shian » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:45 pm

Still never in favor of a store pet re-release. People bought those with money because they are exclusive. I sure as heck would not buy a store pet ever again and certainly not multiple copies if I knew they were going to be released again later and didn't feel the need to support the server for that month.

Also, here's an official word from our sponsor:
Tess wrote:I can understand people who don't like the store, but to maintain a site of this size the extra revenue is necessary to pay for server costs.

In future, pets in the store will cost less. I can't reduce the prices now, because it would be unfair to people who have already paid for Cerebus etc, but I will put cheaper pets in there next time. I hadn't really done the math when I was setting the prices :( please accept my apologies on this.

For those who are intent on completing your collection: if I were you, I would view the shop pets as a seperate collection from the free pets. We purposefully refuse to sell old rare pets like sun dogs/zebras etc in the CS store, because that would create an unfair advantage on those who could just pay to complete their collections. The store pets will always be different to free pets, so that there is no overlap. You can find someone to trade with if you really want one, but try not to be upset if you never have them. They're part of a separate collection. I believe a complete collection of CS pets does not include anything from the store, those are just bonus pets or items for people who continue to support our speedy new server.
ImageImage
Come buy old rare pets in bulk for gems!
Shian

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:54 pm

I don't think I'll ever support this idea, just for the sake of buyers who might no longer be interested if they were re-released.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby lucky333123 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:59 pm

smofir. wrote:I don't think I'll ever support this idea, just for the sake of buyers who might no longer be interested if they were re-released.

This is where I agree. I would like pets to stay in circulation, however it wouldn't be fair to the buyers who bought those store pets. This is where the issue lies and I feel like the best is for store pets to not be re-released. I should have stated that a bit better in my first post.
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌
█░▌