Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR? (Poll added)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you think there should be another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Yes
63%
No
27%
Don't know but I wanted to vote
10%

Total votes : 871

Re: Idea to add another rarity between VR & OMGSR?

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 12:35 pm

Shian wrote:
Sno Leopard wrote:
    Going to post this on this thread, let me know if I should move it~

Support from me. While yes, it would disrupt the current balance of rarities, I doubt a change in this particular area would invite changes in the others - while each rarity does have a range, of course, there is a much larger range covered by VR's (for example, 2016 store pet vs a Main List VR) than the other rarities, where the largest gap I can probably think of at the moment is a recent rare vs a 2008 rare. While yes, the latter is certainly a large gap, it's not nearly the size of the VR gap.

You assume this will fix things? I wouldn't be surprised if the number of certain store pets in circulation rivaled the number of certain rares list pets just based on the fact that they need to be bought.
Except they're nowhere near as popular, so for every five that go up for trade, maybe one person wants one and can pay fairly, making people let their pet go for less.
Don't forget that rarity markers work off of raw numbers, not any popularity or demand marker like the rares list does. It's why UR fruit and zebras, technically pretty rare on the site go for much less than other certain VRs.

This may be true, especially for older store pets; but there are still those sets that are recent and popular enough that they are really in no way comparable to many of the high VRs. The store corgis, for example (two of which are still only rare, even three years later), are common relative to other store pets, as they were very popular upon release, and many other store pets that were and are extremely popular are the same (for example, the air dragon cat from 2014, which is currently a VR). Perhaps many of the less popular store pets are rarer than they seem, but for the more popular ones that aren't quite rare, the gap between them and high lists seems a little odd.
    linebreak
    ✧ ---------- PYRO - HE/HIM ---------- ✧
    SKILLS: Artist - Writer - Musicianii
    SPECIES: Simas - Obakefolkxixxxi
    MEDIA: Hollow Knight - Sonicxxiiii
    COMMISSIONS: Open for URsxxiii

----------------------------------------
    YOU COME TO THE SOBERING REALIZ-
    ATION THAT THINGS WILL NEVER STOP
    FROM KEEP HAPPENING CONSTANTLY.

✧ ------------------------------------------ ✧
Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:38 pm

I'm a little doubtful that this will ever be actually added, but it would be nice to see something like it.

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Fri Dec 23, 2016 1:46 pm

I'm sorry, but I don't support this. This would get to complicated and confusing for us players, and that would make OMGSR even harder than it already is, because you'd have to get the pets between the VR and OMGSR, and who knows how long that would take. You'd also have to get multiple. This would make things way to complex and confusing, even though having another rarity seems quite nice, it would make rarities change around, and practically everything would change. I know there are lots of people saying and ranting about them agreeing, and why this should be added in the game, but my rant is just an tad bit different. There would be new lists, URS and other things, making people's dream goals practically be impossible unless they got hundreds of rare pets. And if they wanted a UR, they would have to get many pets ranging from rare- the rarity between the VR and OMGSR. This would take a lot of coding too, adding new pets into the game and making the rarities of the pets between the VR and OMGSR. I'm not too sure, but when they do decide to add this into the game, you who have agreed would have lost interest in the game.

I AM NOT TRYING TO OFFEND PEOPLE.
███████
███████
███████
███████
let it all go let it all go let it all go let it all go
███████████████████▒▒
────────────────────────────────
┌───────────────────┐
hi! call me izzy or isabelle
i love art, weightlifting, gaming,
cars and motorcycles! my pronouns
are she / her. i love meeting
and talking to new people so
feel free to shoot over a msg!

└───────────────────┘
its called its called its called called
██████████████████████████

freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall freefall
th. comms. song. credit.──────────────
acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:35 pm

SpudTheSheltie101 wrote:
I'm sorry, but I don't support this. This would get to complicated and confusing for us players, and that would make OMGSR even harder than it already is, because you'd have to get the pets between the VR and OMGSR, and who knows how long that would take. You'd also have to get multiple. This would make things way to complex and confusing, even though having another rarity seems quite nice, it would make rarities change around, and practically everything would change. I know there are lots of people saying and ranting about them agreeing, and why this should be added in the game, but my rant is just an tad bit different. There would be new lists, URS and other things, making people's dream goals practically be impossible unless they got hundreds of rare pets. And if they wanted a UR, they would have to get many pets ranging from rare- the rarity between the VR and OMGSR. This would take a lot of coding too, adding new pets into the game and making the rarities of the pets between the VR and OMGSR. I'm not too sure, but when they do decide to add this into the game, you who have agreed would have lost interest in the game.

I think you misunderstand - the suggestion is not to add new pets into the game, it is to introduce a new rarity to the existing pets to help differentiate.
    linebreak

Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:45 pm

Sno Leopard wrote:
SpudTheSheltie101 wrote:

I think you misunderstand - the suggestion is not to add new pets into the game, it is to introduce a new rarity to the existing pets to help differentiate.

Yes, but every month there are new pets, and to introduce a new rarity in to the game would confuse us all, with how much the rarity is worth, and things like that. The rarity is fine how it is, I don't think it's nessacery to add another rarity in the game.
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████████████████▒▒
┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:03 pm

SpudTheSheltie101 wrote:
Sno Leopard wrote:
SpudTheSheltie101 wrote:

Yes, but every month there are new pets, and to introduce a new rarity in to the game would confuse us all, with how much the rarity is worth, and things like that. The rarity is fine how it is, I don't think it's nessacery to add another rarity in the game.

A new rarity, if added, would not affect new monthly outcomes. Do you ever see high VR's in monthly adoptions? No. And I'm unclear on how it would create widespread confusion?
    linebreak

Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acura, » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:14 pm

@Sno Leopard
It would confuse players, trust me. I am not going to say anymore, just in case we start fighting on this thread.
███████
███████
███████
███████
███████████████████▒▒
┌───────────────────┐

└───────────────────┘

acura,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:18 pm

SpudTheSheltie101 wrote:@Sno Leopard
It would confuse players, trust me. I am not going to say anymore, just in case we start fighting on this thread.

If you say so. I don't mean to argue, but I'm still unconvinced as to how it would cause too much confusion - especially given as the change would be meant decrease VR confusion - so if someone (not necessarily you) could explain that to me, since it's obviously a large concern, it would be great.
    linebreak

Pyromaniacal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Taf900 » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:29 pm

What if I stead of just another rarity, list pets had a special 'tag' or rarity. For normal pets, it could just go up to very rare. Lists (which all omg so rares are... Some are very rare) could have a different rating for each list so there could be like a rarity for September and advent lists the OMG so rare for main lists? Not exactly that perhaps but it would reduce confusion with say the pickle is worth a store pet... Store lets could also have a rating. This would help users to detect vast differences in rarity.

It may not be able to be done by list because like a UR Bengal is obviously not the same as a non or a UR tiger but then people wouldn't confuse them with regular rares and think an omg so rare is only 4 rares because two rares makes a vr and two vrs make an omg so rare. ???

Maybe? Just a suggestion and is in no way meant to offend or bring up conflict
Always looking for trades!

Auctioning May Lioness
Taf900

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pyromaniacal » Fri Dec 23, 2016 3:31 pm

Taf900 wrote:What if I stead of just another rarity, list pets had a special 'tag' or rarity. For normal pets, it could just go up to very rare. Lists (which all omg so rares are... Some are very rare) could have a different rating for each list so there could be like a rarity for September and advent lists the OMG so rare for main lists? Not exactly that perhaps but it would reduce confusion with say the pickle is worth a store pet... Store lets could also have a rating. This would help users to detect vast differences in rarity.

It may not be able to be done by list because like a UR Bengal is obviously not the same as a non or a UR tiger but then people wouldn't confuse them with regular rares and think an omg so rare is only 4 rares because two rares makes a vr and two vrs make an omg so rare. ???

Maybe? Just a suggestion and is in no way meant to offend or bring up conflict

That probably wouldn't happen given that the list is user-made and therefore unofficial, so it's unlikely that anything official will be implemented following it. A tag could be useful based solely on rarity for the higher VR's, most/all of which are on the list, which is pretty much what this thread is suggesting.
    linebreak

Pyromaniacal