Suggestion, re-arange pets in their groups (Updated 2022!)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Would you use a feature that lets you re-arrange pets in their groups? (New poll options Nov 2022)

Yes, definitely!
89%
Yes, probably
7%
maybe/ not sure
3%
No, probably not
1%
No, definitely not
1%

Total votes : 670

Re: Suggestion, re-arange pets in their groups

Postby Raikki » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:05 am

This would be amazing! When trading for event pets, often I end up with separated litters as people get them I different orders. If this was implemented I could see them all together!
I would also help with dec 18 pets, as they would go where they should be, not the year they were released.
Check out my art shop
Raikki

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Aliria » Mon Apr 17, 2017 10:50 am

HaphazardMoose wrote:.

I feel like this would also be applicable to pet/group organization so that's why I'm posting this here, but let me know if this would be better in a different/new thread :x

I've always wondered about being able to customize how many pets are shown in a group per page. Right now it's 20 -which is all well and good- so if you have a group that just dogs or cats you can generally get 4 lines of 5 pets -or with rats you can get 5 lines of 4- which looks nice and neat! But with all the different species and line art changes to the default pets often times you end up with a last line that doesn't fill in all the way before the page breaks to the next, because of the 20 pet page limit. As like with a page just filled with bunnies; you get 6 to a line, which means you end up with 3 lines of 6 and a fourth line with only 2 before a new page is created. Which, if you're trying to checkerboard for a hoard or something, for example, can be frustrating!

Perhaps this bothers me more then others as I am myself rather particular about organization/looks, but I feel if we had an option to display anywhere from 20-30 pets per page of a group we could then customize our group pages to have a nice evened look! For the bunny line art that would mean 24 pets a page (at least) or 30 pets a page (at most) to get even lines after the original 20 pets :3 I can understand not wanting the pages to show huge amounts of pets at default, as loading up all the images could be rough on load times etc, but I think if given a smaller range it could be a real useful tool for a lot of people :3

There's sort of a way to do this already - if you add &pageSize=x (x being the number of pets per page you want), it'll show that many pets on the page. However, it doesn't permanently change anything, you need to change the URL every time you view the group.
I'll send out my soul
To worlds more beautiful

Aliria

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby selkiie » Mon Apr 17, 2017 11:15 am

Kalopsian wrote:
HaphazardMoose wrote:
snip

There's sort of a way to do this already - if you add &pageSize=x (x being the number of pets per page you want), it'll show that many pets on the page. However, it doesn't permanently change anything, you need to change the URL every time you view the group.

yes I'm aware :3 But a more permanent ability to do this would be much appreciated, at least by me!
𝔸𝕃𝕎𝔸𝕐𝕊 𝕃𝕆𝕆𝕂𝕀ℕ𝔾 𝔽𝕆ℝ ℍ𝕆𝔸ℝ𝔻 ℙ𝔼𝕋𝕊!
𝒾 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓯𝓲𝓰𝓱𝓽 𝓻𝓲𝓼𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒞$ 𝓅𝓂 𝓂𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊𝓇 𝓇𝒶𝓉𝑒𝓈!
Image 193 》🐉Image 1,525,833 》
𝒾 𝒶𝓁𝓈𝑜 𝒽𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝓮𝓵𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓶𝓸𝓻𝓮 𝓅𝑒𝓉𝓈 𝓉𝑜 𝓉𝓇𝒶𝒹𝑒 𝒻𝑜𝓇 𝒞$ 𝓅𝓂 𝓂𝑒!!

𝕎𝔸ℕ𝕋 ℙ𝕌𝕄ℙ𝕂𝕀ℕ 𝔻𝕆𝔾𝕊 ♥ 𝕊𝔼ℕ𝔻 𝕄𝔼 𝔸 𝕋ℝ𝔸𝔻𝔼!

selkiie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby arabella !! » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:42 pm

Support if possible!

hii ! call me ara :3 i luv
all things cute n insane
└───── ♥ ♡ ♥ ─────┘
▀▀▀▀▀ミ★ ▀▀▀▀▀
she/her gamer adult silly
────────────────────

arabella !!

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Keir; » Mon Apr 17, 2017 1:46 pm

Support~!
║███
║███
║███
─────────
keir - he/him
coding shop
─────────

───┐
ImageImage
███║
███║
███║

███████████
═══════════

─────────────────
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
─────────────────

███████
──────────
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
──────────
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
┌───────┐
- 𝐿𝓎𝓃𝑒𝓎​
└───────┘
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby DoomyPanda » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:50 am

I so support this!!! I really hope it can be implemented, it would make things more fun :D
"So when walking, walk with our whole being. When sitting, sit with our whole being. When standing, stand with our whole being.
When speaking, truly be there. Speak with the whole of our being."
DoomyPanda

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FuzzynCute » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:52 am

Support

YOU CAN
┏──────────────────────────┓
eyyy i'm bored as heck and yeahhhhhh -_-_ _-_-
she/her/hers pronouns are fine,i am a lesbian,
big harry potter fan here taking dance this fall,
i love trades so send em my way, i like to draw tradittionally
_I Hecking love The Fault In Our Stars by John Green, My fav book atm

┖──────────────────────────┚
ImageImagex.Image Image

┏───────────────────────┓
credit | link | link
┖───────────────────────┚
YOU CAN
Image Image

FuzzynCute

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby qwertyuiop123 » Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:09 am

HaphazardMoose wrote:.

I feel like this would also be applicable to pet/group organization so that's why I'm posting this here, but let me know if this would be better in a different/new thread :x

I've always wondered about being able to customize how many pets are shown in a group per page. Right now it's 20 -which is all well and good- so if you have a group that just dogs or cats you can generally get 4 lines of 5 pets -or with rats you can get 5 lines of 4- which looks nice and neat! But with all the different species and line art changes to the default pets often times you end up with a last line that doesn't fill in all the way before the page breaks to the next, because of the 20 pet page limit. As like with a page just filled with bunnies; you get 6 to a line, which means you end up with 3 lines of 6 and a fourth line with only 2 before a new page is created. Which, if you're trying to checkerboard for a hoard or something, for example, can be frustrating!

Perhaps this bothers me more then others as I am myself rather particular about organization/looks, but I feel if we had an option to display anywhere from 20-30 pets per page of a group we could then customize our group pages to have a nice evened look! For the bunny line art that would mean 24 pets a page (at least) or 30 pets a page (at most) to get even lines after the original 20 pets :3 I can understand not wanting the pages to show huge amounts of pets at default, as loading up all the images could be rough on load times etc, but I think if given a smaller range it could be a real useful tool for a lot of people :3

Support, both the original suggestion and being able to set your own default # of pets per page. For me, I'd say it'd be really helpful if I could just view all pet groups by let's say 100 pets per page, and it wouldn't necessarily have to affect how others see the group. But either way some flexibility in the number of pets viewed per page would be super helpful for me.

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ find me by the sea ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
ImageImage
My WishlistWant to chat? PM me! :)Send a trade? :3

༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺༺ or swimming in the ocean ༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻༻
qwertyuiop123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Pinkdragonwings » Mon Jun 12, 2017 1:18 pm

Support! I'd love to be able to sort my groups by archive. I'd be able to easily remove my doubles from my collection group. xD
Pinkdragonwings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby FlamingPsycho » Tue Jun 13, 2017 11:54 am

I support wholeheartedly and would love to see this happen
What is your legacy?

How can you justify the space that you fill?

You should trade me, I have TOO MANY PETS!

Discord - FlamingPsycho
Toyhouse - FlamingPsycho
Instagram - fueled.by.ramune
Tiktok - fueledbyramune
Bluesky - fueledbyramune.bsky.social
Lioden - #164933
Xanje - flamingpsycho

Please only message me elsewhere if you are 18+! I am an adult and while my content is sfw, I am NOT COMFORTABLE hosting full conversations with minors, thank you!

I am on the hunt for adult-only spaces to still discuss ChickenSmoothie. If you know of one on something like Discord or Telegram or whatever, let me know, thanks!
FlamingPsycho

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me