Suggestion: Pings avaliable on CS? 400+ SUPPORT!

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Should member mentions be added into CS?

Yes, I Support! (Post why down below)
94%
No, I Don't Support! (Post why down below)
5%
Other (Post Below)
1%

Total votes : 676

Re: Member Mentions Suggestion @member name : 121 USERS SUPP

Postby Guardian85 » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:45 pm

While this might be helpful to some people, I can't see it being a generalized helpful thing and honestly you can just do the same thing with "copy/paste" without fully quoting someone or just type out the name.

It seems more like a lazy way of doing things than actually something that is helpful in my opinion, but this is just what I think since I generally quote people I talk to in order to keep track of what I've said to who or keep track of conversations. If I mention another member to someone I actually type it out and I don't really think having a shortcut to doing so is really necessary. I mean, if someone is lazy enough (or not wanting to take the time due to other reasons) to not want to type out someone's full username isn't that what "copy/paste" is for?
Bday: Feb. 21st
Dreamies: Anything Rare+ on my WL

Lights: Off Until Next Year
I believe the world can be saved, but humanity is another story
When you add "very" and "extremely" before it... common itself isn't so common anymore

I always read posted rules, period. I'm not responsible if you change them after I've sent the trade the first time. I'm a returning player from a hiatus from 2016, if you have pets from the 2016 - 2021 on my WL I'm open to trades. If you want me to block you, ignore my event posts and trade rules. Ty for clicks.

ImageImageImageImage

Magistream:

ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

RIP HiddenMystic, you will be missed my friend.
Guardian85

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby vanitas. » Sun Sep 20, 2015 12:54 pm

Guardian85 wrote:While this might be helpful to some people, I can't see it being a generalized helpful thing and honestly you can just do the same thing with "copy/paste" without fully quoting someone or just type out the name.

It seems more like a lazy way of doing things than actually something that is helpful in my opinion, but this is just what I think since I generally quote people I talk to in order to keep track of what I've said to who or keep track of conversations. If I mention another member to someone I actually type it out and I don't really think having a shortcut to doing so is really necessary. I mean, if someone is lazy enough (or not wanting to take the time due to other reasons) to not want to type out someone's full username isn't that what "copy/paste" is for?

But the reason behind the ping system is that it'll tell you when someone is directly talking to you.
It's not about the quote stuff.
Its easier because if you're quoted, the message could be push back as people respond so it'll take longer to find but with the ping system then you will automatically be sent to that one post
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX
XXXXX

" ɪᴛ's ʙᴇᴇɴ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ sɪɴᴄᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴇʟᴛ ʀɪɢʜᴛ
      ʙᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡᴀʀᴍ ɴɪɢʜᴛs ᴀʀᴇ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ sᴏᴏɴ ᴀɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ'ʟʟ ʙᴇ ᴊᴜsᴛ ғɪɴᴇ "

VANI - ADULT - THEY/THEM - REALISTIC OPTIMIST - GYMRAT
      I draw on occasion, surprise appearances in the art search forum.

" ɪ ᴛʜɪɴᴋ ɪᴛ's ᴛɪᴍᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ғᴏᴜɴᴅ ᴀɴᴏᴛʜᴇʀ ʀᴇᴀsᴏɴ ᴛᴏ sᴛᴀʏ ғᴏʀ ᴀ ᴡʜɪʟᴇ "
      シャシャ
vanitas.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby wane » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:42 pm

I think maybe pings would come with the quote?

I think it'd make it a lot harder to see what users are talking about.
For example, if you click a post and all you see is:

@user
Yes.

Its a little confusing as to what is going on without tons of scrolling.
Sorry if this is confusing, its really late.
hello to anyone reading this! ♥

feel free to call me whirl (she/her). it's nice to meet you.

i'm currently on hiatus, please feel free to contact me on flight rising @whirlwish; i am active there. if you message me on CS I most likely will not see it.

thank you & have a wonderful day/night! ♥ ♥
wane

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby underdog, » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:00 am

Support!
local software engineering college student
he/him/his
underdog,

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby fish out of water » Fri Oct 02, 2015 10:59 am

i would find this quite handy myself! c:
    © // pixel // ask
    call me fish! // [she/her]

adult player//current uni student, GMT-8
    studying marine and environmental science
    scuba diver, snowboarder & botanist
    fan of star wars, ttrpgs and mtg!
    feel free to pm me, i don't bite!

flight rising // letterboxd // spotify
fish out of water

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby 0000007 » Sat Oct 17, 2015 4:37 am

I do not support
I see how this could be neat or helpful trying to go through posts, but it would take a bit of coding and;

-if someone changes their username
personally, I'm changing my username all the time. or at least through a few different ones. but if someone changes their user wouldn't it link to the person who has taken that user? would you have to directly link the profile through the link regardless of the username at the time, than? it seems very confusing and wouldn't just be so simple as just linking the profile anymore.
+username symbols
what if a person cannot copy a username or retype it out due to having other symbols? it seems that quoting already solves this problem because it will copy it for them.
+ username spaces
unless there is a way to pull up a user profile and 'highlight' the whole name, how would this work for users with spaces in their name? that's more coding to add

-mobile notifications/notifications
where would this show up in our notifications? and what about mobile users? that's a whole new thing to code in and consider the layout of for both versions. I know mobile already cuts out some things- but it doesn't seem like this feature is something it would be able to just cut out

-quoting
its pretty much the same thing as quoting a post. I see how it could be helpful in keeping track of things, but isn't there a 'notify me when a reply is posted' button down at the bottom also used for that? (personally I don't use this but I'll try it out on this post to see how it works; I'm guessing it pms you saying another post was made on the thread). if you are talking directly to someone on a thread, its more simple to just quote the post. if you add this new feature, wouldn't it seem spam-ish to reply with a new post just talking directly to someone? you might as well pm them unless you're talking to multiple users. it makes it seem like a more private thing and would be harder to track what the person is replying to to see if it is off topic
sure, you get a notification, but if you're saying something that anyone can reply to than it'd be better to just read over the thread anyways just in case other people reply and don't link your user

ALSO, when someone replies to a thread after you have, the topic should be red again. so you can see when a person replies. its vague if they're replying to you or not but its a possibility that someone did since the last time you posted
---- if a quote would be too long to quote, or there are multiple, split them up and snip everything but the first sentance or so from them

its a good idea, but I just see it being somewhat unnecessary with the features we already have.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Member Mentions Suggestion @member name : 141 USERS SUPP

Postby SabrinaB » Fri Nov 27, 2015 2:57 am

Aywas has the same idea, but with the ID of the user, not the name. Could be handy if someone changes his/her name.
But then the user ID needs to be added (maybe under the avatar or behind the username?) So the changing username issue with this can be solved easily :)

Anyway, I support this idea so much! <3
Looking for CATS!
Paying 1000 treasure for ANY pet!

Have: 400.000 treasure & 400 gems
SabrinaB

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby acatalepsy » Fri Nov 27, 2015 4:05 am

This could actually be really useful.

(support)
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby silverliss » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:38 am

Will be useful, but I honestly think I would never use the function. But I still support.
inactive account
silverliss

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me