Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {21 Support}

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you support this idea?

Yes.
50%
Yes, but I would like to see other things happen first.
21%
No.
29%

Total votes : 72

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {10 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:23 pm

Bumping~
ImageImageImage

Always open to art trades
Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 am

Bump.
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lady Sif » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:53 pm

Bump
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Princess Luna » Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:57 pm

Support. I'm not that great with rarities and dislike editing trades so when I get suggestions I either auto-cancel them or just forget about them; I'd like the option to be able to shut them off and save myself and future trade partners some time.
Princess Luna

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {11 Support

Postby Lady Sif » Fri Jan 24, 2014 3:34 pm

Thank you for the support!
ImageImageImage

Lady Sif

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {11 Support

Postby little dragon's Mum » Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:10 pm

I support this.
Pet's name: Fa la la la la, la la la la!

Red-X PPS UFT
little dragon's Mum

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {12 Support

Postby urie » Sat Jan 25, 2014 10:46 pm

I don't mind suggestions, but I definitely support this, unless it would give too much trouble as in coding for it etc.
i'm pretty sure the last time i played here was in 2015. insane to see how it's changed. feel free to ask for my pets lol
urie

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Schuyler » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:10 pm

I hate suggestions as much as the next guy, as you can see in my trade rules, but I don't support this. I believe there are many legitimate reasons to send someone a suggestion, and as long as the person has one (and even when they don't, if I like the offer), I don't mind so much if they ignore my rule. I've personally never had a problem with flashing and I just cancel "what do you want/what will you offer" suggestions unless they look really promising.

Some players are just more comfortable sending an offer as a suggestion because they aren't clear about values and don't want to risk sending something unfair when they aren't sure about it; they might want to check the FFT before completing the trade. Some players have a few different pets they want and can't decide, so they send a suggestion with all of them and ask the other player to pick which ones to trade. With C$ trades, especially, many people will send an open suggestion because they aren't sure how much the other person is willing to pay. Suggestions allow for safer art and offline trades, too.

I understand that the option to turn off suggestions would be, well, optional, but I also think you would end up losing a lot of potentially good trades by using it, and I could see someone constantly turning the option off and on again for various reasons. Yes, trades can be edited just as easily as suggestions, but they also give the feeling the sender wants that or nothing, so people are less inclined to edit and more to cancel (I'm perfectly open to editing and I still feel that way, at least; I can't really say for other people.) Likewise, if people see that you aren't accepting suggestions, they may feel like you aren't open to negotiating and move on.

Suggestions can be a pain, I agree, especially when people send a complete offer as a suggestion for no apparent reason, but I don't think it would be beneficial enough to be able to turn them off. If you get an offer as a suggestion and you like it, just send it back for the other person to accept or change if that's what they intended. If you don't like the offer, edit or cancel. It's more work for you, but you can still get a good trade out of it.

Lady Sif wrote:Well what often bothers people the most are the "What will you give for this?" trades and if you send one of those as a trade, then you can just take the persons pets so very few are likely to do that, hence turning off suggestions would help here.

True, but it wouldn't stop the "what do you want for this" trades. I already get a lot of those as regular trades, not suggestions, and in my opinion, those are more annoying than "what will you give." People often send those because they don't have anything fair on your wishlist, and if you want to humor the person, you have to look through all their groups to find something you want. If they're asking what you'll offer, you've already got an idea of what you have, so it doesn't take as much time to edit.

But anyway, that's just what I think. I wouldn't object to this feature if it were implemented; I just don't believe it would be worth it and I predict people will find they get fewer trades as a result, which really could be considered good or bad.
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
Art credits: Avatar
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImageImage
ImageImage
...............ImageImage
Schuyler
Global Moderator

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Reiji » Sun Jan 26, 2014 1:58 pm

Support so much! I hate when a COPPAD send me a suggestion... It annoys me so much.. I don't even know about rarity and if someone send me suggestion and was like "What you want for this?" I don't even know about rarity and then if i edit i will do overpay and they are going to cancel with mean message like : "YOU CALL THIS FAIR?" HEESH..... Okay, exactly it because people will be mean to me just because i edit it the way i want...
reiji/aza/jiwoon/yin ∆ they/them
Reiji

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Suggestion- Abiltiy to turn off Suggestions? {13 Support

Postby Leijon » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:43 am

I support ^u^
I clearly put in bold letters no suggestions but no one seems to get it, and when I'm on my ipod it's hard to edit so I just cancel.
Leijon

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me