A "View in Archive" Button (Picture included!)

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Do you like this idea?

UM YES.
77%
I think it would be nice!
19%
It's cool, but we don't really need it.
2%
Neutral.
1%
Not really.
1%

Total votes : 248

Re: A "View in Archive" Button (Picture included!)

Postby Obius » Wed Feb 22, 2017 11:29 am

Yes support! This would save me from manually searching unknown pets. Which would cut down on server load and my bandwidth use.
Paying 6 c$ per each!
.Image

We come bearing COOKIES!!!
ImageImage
I love Lemurs!
Obius

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Apr 16, 2018 8:27 am

Been a long, long time since I've opened this thread. Still support, so bump

Imagine how many problems this would potentially solve/make a lot less likely to happen and how much time it'd open up for our staff, including the GHs
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ElementalInsanity » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:46 am

nickjr wrote:Been a long, long time since I've opened this thread. Still support, so bump

Imagine how many problems this would potentially solve/make a lot less likely to happen and how much time it'd open up for our staff, including the GHs

Support for the same reasons. The amount of questions asked about ‘where is this pet originally from’ takes a lot of time to answer. This could help that.
Image Image
Not active, won’t reply to pms/trades.
10/08/22 <3
Complete Collection Achieved 9/11/18
If you are foed you may still send me a pm
ElementalInsanity

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yorkipoo Hudson » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:47 am

100% support this! its a great idea and as the user above said, it would be very helpful :D
Yorkipoo Hudson

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ocelover567 » Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:44 am

I support this idea so much I made another thread for it when I didn't see this one, thank you TruBlue for directing me here!

My idea is that there would be a button listed alongside the add items and rename buttons which reads "View in Archive" and would open to the regular archive for it's year with the correct month tab open to the page where it's litter sits. Some other options for the archive finding would be opening a restricted archive to just that litter, or opening the correct year's archive to the correct month but starting at page 1.

The big functions I see with this are finding litter mates for your favorite pets quickly and easily, and immediately finding the source of those Dec. 18th pets so we don't have to rely on active older users scouring the archives.

Coding I'm sure will be the biggest issue, either it searches by some information kept within the pet itself by tags which would make the Dec. 18th pet search possible, or it's searched by adoption date making only finding the litter quickly and easily viable.

Ultimately, it would be a small quality of life update that I know I'd like to have around.

Clearly I was not the first to have this idea, I would love it if the cs gods decide to take this suggestion seriously.
My all-time dreamie, a pittie named after my best friend who was taken too soon.
Rest in Peace, Gunnar <3
Ocelover567

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shelberina711 » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:19 pm

I searched the forums for this because I didn't want to make a new thread. But I think this should happen! It's not just useful in trading re-releases but in sorting. I love to make sure I have complete sets but I have so many pets they get lost, if I could view them in the archives it would be easier to see where they go
shelberina711

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby then » Fri Jul 20, 2018 2:20 pm

Support
meme 👏
────────────▴─
┅s h o o k┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─▴──gifter──────────
┌───advid lover of pewdiepie────┐
└──trade me items!──────────┘
─animal rights activist, feminist ─────────▴─
┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅┅
─▴────────────
review 👏
then

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jul 25, 2018 2:55 pm

Friendly bump
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby KickingPixies » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:16 am

Definitely support this! As someone who wants to organise their collection by year/month/event, etc, it would be a huge help, and would be way to easier to set up wishlists as well!
KickingPixies

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby GAIRENTH » Mon Nov 12, 2018 5:22 am

Support!

This would definitely be useful around DEC18 for the users who really don't know anything about older pets and can't find them in the archive even with a little looking.

Plus, I imagine it would lift some weight off of the "What Pet is This" thread during the holiday season.
GAIRENTH

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me