Suggestion: Petdex! Archive should track prev. owned pets.

Suggest new features or changes to Chicken Smoothie.

Re: Suggestion: Petdex! Archive should track prev. owned pet

Postby sierragames » Sun Aug 06, 2023 6:49 am

bump! I'd love this <3
she/her ~ working on a Cybersecurity bachelors
and a Chinese Studies associates💗
sierragames

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Sun Aug 06, 2023 5:07 pm

No support. I think people would just ask others to trade them a pet and immediately trade back, just to say that they've "owned" it. Makes the concept pretty meaningless.
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Another World » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:07 am

Logia wrote:No support. I think people would just ask others to trade them a pet and immediately trade back, just to say that they've "owned" it. Makes the concept pretty meaningless.

but the other user still has to agree to trade back so surely this isn't an issue?

I'm back in London, I'm running down Columbia Road
They're selling sunflowers cheap
I'm reading novels, I'm dating, but just dating for sport
I'm getting coffees for free
I hang all my art and I dance with the coven
As the rain falls hard on the street and I
I'm doing better, I made it to September
I can finally breathe ~ There It Goes

Long live the walls we crashed through
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
One day, we will be remembered ~ Long Live

he/they
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Another World

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Yaeli » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:09 am

Another World wrote:
Logia wrote:No support. I think people would just ask others to trade them a pet and immediately trade back, just to say that they've "owned" it. Makes the concept pretty meaningless.

but the other user still has to agree to trade back so surely this isn't an issue?

There would start being threads like "let's do a trade / trade back and I'll pay you 20 C$ for the Petdex check"
And if they didn't trade back, the mods would reverse it anyway because the trade clearly states that it's a trade back
Yaeli

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Another World » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:12 am

Logia wrote:
Another World wrote:

There would start being threads like "let's do a trade / trade back and I'll pay you 20 C$ for the Petdex check"

idk, i still think it solves more problems than it creates - there are certain pets i'd keep hold of except in trading for very specific pets, but if i'd worked hard to try and finish a collection (which I used to), once i've finished it tbh i'd like to be able to just keep my faves and still have the little ticks. Just my personal opinion though - I totally see where you're coming from!

I'm back in London, I'm running down Columbia Road
They're selling sunflowers cheap
I'm reading novels, I'm dating, but just dating for sport
I'm getting coffees for free
I hang all my art and I dance with the coven
As the rain falls hard on the street and I
I'm doing better, I made it to September
I can finally breathe ~ There It Goes

Long live the walls we crashed through
All the kingdom lights shined just for me and you
I was screaming long live all the magic we made
And bring on all the pretenders
One day, we will be remembered ~ Long Live

he/they
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted __ people.
I have received __ gifts.
Another World

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby HEXORCISM » Mon Aug 07, 2023 9:15 am

hmm,, semi-support. i think for rares and up, or very rares and up, itd be a great idea. i think thatd be a nice balance between 'pets so hard to trade for theres no hope for a complete collection' and 'everyone swapping pets to fill it out in a week.'
might be also possible to require people to keep the pet for a certain amount of time, to prevent quick swapping. i think thatd be the kind of completionism challenge id be willing to go for: collecting all the uncommons and below myself, and then just swapping for anything rarer to check them off as "collected." and if i got a stamp or smth out of it thatd also be really cool.

the only real issue i think i can see is scams. someone promising to trade the pet back after and then it never happens. and then the new owner got the pet at a significantly lower value than its worth.
ImagexxxImage
you should totally click them.xxxxxpfp
HEXORCISM

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Lifora » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:29 am

support!
I'm an artist.

When I order art, please message me when I ask you too! I do NOT always recheck forums as I am a busy person. There's a chance I won't have payment, I only keep payment when I know that a commission was accepted.
Lifora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby LevyMcGarden55 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:32 am

This would be great. It would also open up a bunch of old collections and introduce all those into site circulation.
LevyMcGarden55

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby marley&me » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:34 am

this is awesome! this would help keep pets in circulation and allow people freedom to keep trading!
marley&me

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re:

Postby Lifora » Tue Aug 08, 2023 3:41 am

HEXORCISM wrote:hmm,, semi-support. i think for rares and up, or very rares and up, itd be a great idea. i think thatd be a nice balance between 'pets so hard to trade for theres no hope for a complete collection' and 'everyone swapping pets to fill it out in a week.'
might be also possible to require people to keep the pet for a certain amount of time, to prevent quick swapping. i think thatd be the kind of completionism challenge id be willing to go for: collecting all the uncommons and below myself, and then just swapping for anything rarer to check them off as "collected." and if i got a stamp or smth out of it thatd also be really cool.

the only real issue i think i can see is scams. someone promising to trade the pet back after and then it never happens. and then the new owner got the pet at a significantly lower value than its worth.

I think either there should be an amount of time the pet must be kept OR CS introduces a special trade option where the pet is returned after one day or something. Perhaps it lasts for a whole week as well so there's no quick swapping
I'm an artist.

When I order art, please message me when I ask you too! I do NOT always recheck forums as I am a busy person. There's a chance I won't have payment, I only keep payment when I know that a commission was accepted.
Lifora

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me