Stars #3400 ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ 𝓐𝖓𝖙𝖑𝖊𝖗𝓣𝖎𝖓𝖊

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

┌──────────────────── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ────────────────────┐

Username: Macabre.
              Cat Name: Antlerstrike
              Clan: BirchClan
              Prompt: Adopt Page wc: 1,222

└──────────────────── ⋆⋅⋅⋆ ────────────────────┘

𝕴𝖒𝖕𝖔𝖗𝖙𝖆𝖓𝖙 𝕮𝖆𝖙𝖘

𝓚𝖆𝔃𝖔𝖔

𝕯𝖊𝖜𝓢𝖕𝖑𝖆𝖘𝖍

𝕸𝖔𝖚𝖘𝖊𝓢𝖙𝖊𝖕 & 𝓛𝖚𝖙𝖊
𝕼𝖚𝖆𝖎𝖑𝕵𝖚𝖒𝖕
Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:21 pm

AntlerTine, while retired from being a warrior, does not like to sit idle. She often likes to help out the medicine cat, collecting herbs. It gets her some fresh air out of camp, and a chance to stretch her legs. So one warm sunny day in Greenleaf, she was recruited by the Medicine Cat to fetch some herbs that only grew in a sunny clearing on the border of the territory. Burnet, to help give strength to an expecting queen. AntlerTine took her time getting there, following the stream. She enjoyed dipping her paws in the stream, letting the water cool her paw pads. She ambled her way over roots, around rocks, and under bushes. When she reached the clearing she took a moment to evaluate her surroundings. While BirchClan was a peaceful clan, it didn't mean every other cat was respectful of the boundaries, and they still had their borders to protect.
Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:24 pm

But the sun-drenched clearing was still and tranquil. She padded over to the Burnet plants and started biting off the stems, she didn't need much, only a good mouthful. After grabbing her mouthful, as she turned to begin her journey back to camp, a butterfly caught her eye. It was bright orange, and stood out against the green background of the forest. AntlerTine figured she could extend her trip a few more moments, so she followed it, flitting among the trees. But as it floated closer to the border she hesitated, she realized she could hear the soft sound of voices right over the border. Shocked, AntlerTine dropped to the ground in a crouch. As she crept closer to the voices all the reasons for somebody being so close to the border flitted through her mind. Could they be planning an attack? Maybe they just needed help? Finally the shapes of the two cats came into view. Surprisingly she recognized one as DewSplash, a warrior from BirchClan, however she didn't recognize the second silhouette. Two far away to hear more than a light chatter, and unsure why the two cats were meeting, AntlerTine decided to head back to camp. This time she did not amble, she took the most direct route back to the clan camp. After dropping the herbs off with MouseStep and Lute at the medicine cat's den, she went to sit at the entrance of the elders' den and wait for her clanmate to return.
Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:27 pm

While she waited AntlerTine went through all the reasons DewSplash could be having a secret meeting with a non-clan cat. Unfortunately betrayal was at the top of the list, she knew DewSplash was having issues with losing their eye, and they had been moody and snappish. Maybe this was driving them out of the clan? However, AntlerTine is not a cat to gossip. She thinks gossip is shared by bored cats who like to spread wild rumors without all the facts. She had overheard that DewSplash had been seen around camp less and less, but she hadn't put much stock in it, thinking the injured cat just needed some time alone to think. However now she had witnessed what DewSplash was doing firsthand. AntlerTine decided the only thing to do would be to get all the facts, she couldn't ask him directly, DewSplash would only lie and it would give them a heads up she was on to him. As soon as she decided her only course of action was to follow the cat to the next meeting, DewSplash padded into the camp entrance with a squirrel in their mouth. They dropped it on the fresh kill pile and looked around the camp, making eye contact with AntlerTine for a quick moment before quickly walking to the warriors den, and disappearing inside.

The other cat didn't leave the camp for the next two days, AntlerTine observing the whole time. The other elder, QuailJump noticed AntlerTine watching the cat in camp like a hawk and was apprehensive. QuailJump wanted to know why AntlerTine had taken an interest in this one particular cat, however she kept her mouth shut, only saying “I’ve taken a liking to cat-watching”. QuailJump only rolled his eyes in response thinking AntlerTine was being a bit aloof.
Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:29 pm

Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:30 pm

On the third day is when DewSplash made their move, if AntlerTine had been any less observant, or more inclined to sleeping in, she may have missed DewSplash slipping out the camp entrance just after dawn, before any other in the clan had woken up. AntlerTine sprang up as fast as her aging joints would allow so early in the morning. She trotted out the entrance and immediately scented the air. As she followed her clanmate it became clear they were heading to the same meeting place as before. AntlerTine was careful to stay down wind as she approached the clan's border. She made sure to creep quietly, closer and closer so she could hear their conversation this time.

“Kazoo! I’ve missed you, I don't like these secret meetings. Have you given any thought to joining the clan?”

“You know I want to but how could your clan accept me? I’ve been a kittypet my
whole life, even with the training you’ve shown me I still don’t think I could pull my weight.”

“They will come to love you just as I have.”

AntlerTine had only heard the small snippet of conversation, but it was enough, while it was uncommon to take non-clan cats as mates it wasn't unheard of. She stood up, deciding to make her presence known. “While some in the clan might not love the idea of a Kittypet joining the ranks, in the beginning, all the clans were built on Loners, Roughs and Kittypets.” The two cats puffed up and twirled around, eyes wide as AntlerTine continued to speak. “The first clan cats knew it was safer to live as a group. Our clan will come to accept you.”

“AntlerTine?! What are you doing here!” DewSplash exclaimed. “I saw you here a few days ago, I thought maybe you had bad intentions, meeting a non-clan cat in secret, so I followed you here today. I’m glad I was wrong.” AntlerTine replied. The two cats only stared at her, DewSplash with surprise, Kazoo with suspicion.
Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:31 pm

Last edited by Macabre. on Fri Apr 19, 2024 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Macabre. » Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:32 pm

AntlerTine broke the silence, “I’ll leave now, don't let me interrupt your time together, If you need help convincing the others to accept a kittypet, I'd be happy to assist.” she said to her clanmate looking him in the eyes as she nodded. Then before the other cats could respond AntlerTine turned around, and began the walk back to camp.

AntlerTine was sunning herself on the rocks next to the elders den when DewSplash returned to camp closer to sunhigh. DewSplash headed straight for her and asked in a whisper, “why didn't you say anything, especially if you thought I could be betraying the clan?”

AntlerTine answered “I didn’t get to my age by being a fool and sticking my nose where it doesn't belong. I like to have all the facts before making a decision, besides your personal life is none of my business”. DewSplash didn't seem to have a response to that and while lost in thought, turned to head towards the warriors den.

AntlerTine had a feeling they would have a new clan member by the end of the next moon.
Macabre.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me