— ✮ got a secret, can you keep it?

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

— ✮ got a secret, can you keep it?

Postby crexmii » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:44 pm

████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████

𝐚𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐢𝐚

┌─────────────┐

a tryout for MYO #1234.
she / her | goddess of time
song chosen ::
secret ─ the pierces

└─────────────┘
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— ✮ swear this one you'll save

Postby crexmii » Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:45 pm

an eternity ago.

got a secret, can you keep it?
    swear this one you'll save
    better lock it in your pocket,
    takin' this one to the grave

"hey, aeonia, can i tell you a secret?"
    "..huh? oh, sure, i guess." the lilac tortie replied, still not looking at minerva but at a little snail, slowly moving forward on a rock. her friend was bouncing around excitedly, a sparkle in her eyes. "okay..." she mewed, eyes still twinkling. she was still not letting on what she seemed so thrilled about. "but i need you to promise something."
    aeonia wasn't exactly paying attention to minerva. no doubt the silver tabby's secret would simply be a trivial, minor thing, like what she'd caught this morning in the meadows, or about how she found a special shiny rock earlier. whatever it was, it would be unimportant.

"okay. promise what?" aeonia asked, playing along.
    "you have to promise not to tell anybody! or else horrible things will happen to you!"
    "alright. i promise." aeonia mewed, rolling her eyes once minerva glanced away for a split second. there was nobody to tell anyway. it was just the two of them, and it probably would be like this for the rest of their lives.

"great! now you better be watching! watch me! look at this!" she squealed, bouncing on the grass. there seemed to be nothing interesting about watching minerva prance around and show off whatever new trick she'd learnt, but as aeonia was going to turn away, water splashed right at her face.

"WHAT?! HEY, MINERVA? WHAT WAS THAT?"
    "i can control water!" she grinned. "i don't know how, but i love splashing it everywhere!"
    aeonia stared in disbelief as her friend continued her joyful dance. she felt a twinge of jealousy.
    she's blessed?
    why did it have to be her clueless friend who didn't know how to do anything?
    i could tell some other cat just to spite her-
    stop that. that's rude. stop thinking like this, aeonia.

no matter. minerva trusted her.
    besides, keeping secrets was what true friends do.
    and...all the dangerous things that could happen to poor minerva if she was found..
    minerva was an innocent soul. too innocent for the dangerous world.

compromising both aenoia and minerva's safety simply because of jealousy and bitterness would not be a good trade.
    they needed to be safe. there was no place for petty squabbles in their world.
    aeonia would never tell.
    or so she thought.

after all, no cat is aware or prepared of what is to come in the future.
    aeonia certainly wasn't.

Last edited by crexmii on Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— ✮ because two can keep a secret...

Postby crexmii » Sat Mar 30, 2024 2:02 pm

if i show you, then i know you
    won't tell what i said

the forest seemed to be fine. nothing had changed, yet everything felt different at the same time.
    it was as if something new was incoming...maybe in the late future. they were safe for now. it was probably nothing to worry about and just the paranoia kicking in.

"aeonia!" minerva called. the silver she-cat was by the river, still playing with her powers. whipping around, the lilac tortie padded over to her friend. "you know, if you keep on doing that, some other cat will find us eventually. you need to be hidden. to keep us both safe from the dangers of the world."

minerva giggled. her laugh sounded so pure. it was like the tinkling of windchimes in the breeze, ephemeral and fleeting, yet beautiful. she playfully cuffed aeonia's ear. "come on! no cat would find us here. really, who would want to even wander this old forest? i've seen those big groups of cats. they call themselves clans...i think? they barely go near the forests! they stay in their giant caves, mostly. and when they do hunt, they go to the plains."

aeonia stared back at her friend, hazel eyes wide. "...there are other cats near our territory?"
    oh dear. it was only a matter of time before...she started having ideas.

"yeah! they all hunt together and take care of one another! you should watch them sometime! you know...i was thinking.."
    oh stars no. why did she have these ideas already?
    "what if we joined them?" minerva chirped, bouncing on her paws and gazing at aeonia with eager azure eyes.

all the things that could go wrong, every possibility and worst case scenario flashed in her head.
    "no. for all you know, they could be dangerous." aeonia hissed, eyes narrowed. "but-" minerva protested.
    "NO!" she exploded. "what happens if you don't fit in with them, minerva? what happens if they find out about your powers?! i promised to keep them a secret. YOU ASKED ME TO!"
    aeonia was practically shaking the silver molly now, claws digging into her fur unintentionally. minerva yelped and immediately recoiled, an injured expression on her face.

aeonia came back to reality and saw that she had drawn blood by accident. there was a claw scratch on her friend's right shoulder, fresh and bleeding crimson blood. she immediately let go, horror creeping up along her spine. "i'm so- i'm so sorry." she choked, tears forming in the corners of her eyes.

minerva padded up to her side and smiled. "it's alright. i know you didn't mean it." she mewed, putting a paw on aeonia's to comfort her. "but i'm sorry for making you worry. you're right. it could be dangerous too. so for now, let's just stay here. in our own little corner in this forest, alright?"

"yes. i'd like that." aeonia purred.

———

now.

the memory seemed hazy. it was painful to watch, painful to remember what their friendship had been like before...
    aeonia stared down at the hourglass in her paws. how long had it been? ...what was she doing again?
    scarlet flashes. grey paws. those piercing green eyes, staring down at the blood.

oh, right. secrets.
    she'd just been asked to keep another.
    of all the gods, aeonia felt she was the least trustworthy of them all.

"please, don't tell anyone. i beg you, or aerin will slaughter me." toivo cried, desperation in the golden tom's eyes. "behind the facade, that divine being is dangerous. they're manipulating aphelion - aphelion, of all cats! how did they manage to wriggle into his brain?! "

"i know that you're pretty detached from the rest of us, which is why i thought you would be the best god to tell. mania and moira are unpredictable, that's why i'm not taking my chances with them. you seem like a sensible cat. so please, i beg you, don't tell anyone that i'm running away. maybe i'll explore the cosmos, who knows? might even come back if aerin's stopped...if ever. so i hope you'll be able to keep this secret in your heart and to never tell a soul. now, i'm afraid i have to run." toivo sighed, saying that last sentence rather ruefully.

and the god of luck bounded away, fleeing from a viper planted amongst the gods, while aeonia waited for the impending apocalypse.

double-checking the hourglass in her paws, she sighed. forty-eight hours. two days until the comets are released to destroy all the voidwalkers...and possibly every living thing in the lands as well. unless, of course, miraculously somebody stopped it - which aeonia doubted possible.

aeonia wouldn't mind if violetstar died. but every single living thing? there were innocent cats who didn't deserve to die.
    what aerin was doing was bad, even if it was unintentional.

but there was nothing she could do anyway. she couldn't save them. she simply kept track of how long before they all perished under the meteorites and the comets.

for now, she'd have to hold onto old memories, clinging onto them desperately like they were her life before the mortal world ended.
    would it be nice to not be a god..? to relive her youth once again?

she shook her head. that secret was deadly. maybe she could have sacrificed herself.
    then she wouldn't be stuck here, forever watching things die.
    being goddess of time was not fun.

if only she could rewind the time
    to fix past mistakes...

because two can keep a secret
    if one of them is dead

Last edited by crexmii on Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— ✮ if one of them is dead.

Postby crexmii » Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:19 pm

then.

why do you smile
    like you've been told a secret?
    now you're tellin' lies
    cause you have sworn to keep it

the day the softclan cats came was the worst day of aeonia's life.
    minerva and her were peacefully having fun.
    and then the bushes rustled, and the duo were face to face with so many cats.
    all glaring at them.

the one in front of them was a tortoiseshell, and she had an air of authority around her. she glared at aeonia and minerva coldly with pale green eyes. "hello. as you may know, i am violetstar. and if you did not know already, i'm the leader of softclan. not only are you near our territory, but there have been reports of unusual water movement. we've been tracking it and came across you two."

"this means that one of you is blessed, is it not? which means you have to die." she snarled, stalking towards towards aeonia and minerva. "one of your kind tried to KILL me! and that is why, you have to go. i am doing this on decree of the royal family, not for my own selfish demands. so, which one of you is blessed?"

minerva was trembling beside aeonia. she was staring up at violetstar in horror. all the things that could have happened...all the possiblities if minerva was found...it was what she dreaded the most. she had failed to protect her friend. when neither of them answered, violetstar hissed. "or i could just kill both of you. fess up."

it was minerva's life or hers. or both...
    she could fake it. she could pretend she had the powers, while minerva escaped. but...
    aeonia didn't want to die.

but no one keeps a secret,
    no one keeps a secret

why when we do our darkest deeds do we tell?
    they burn in our brains, become a living hell
    cause everybody tells, everybody tells

perhaps she was so paralysed with fear. perhaps she let her selfishness overcome her.
    but for whatever reason, aeonia whipped around, met minerva's gaze and hissed. "it's her! she's blessed!"
    minerva stared back at her in disbelief, obvious hurt in her gaze.

you promised.
    she could feel the weight of her friend's gaze. it was as if she was conveying one final message through her eyes.
    she betrayed her.

then they were upon her, and aeonia ran and ran and ran.
    she saw blood.
    minerva wasn’t trained, she wasn’t good at fighting. and she didn’t know how to control her powers well enough.

whatever happened after she fled, aeonia didn’t want to know. poor, helpless minerva…
    she started sobbing. this was all her fault. she should’ve been a martyr, should’ve saved her friend instead. it was what a true friend would do.

in aeonia’s opinion, she was a selfish, heartless monster.
    she blamed herself for not protecting minerva.
    she blamed violetstar and softclan.
    she blamed minerva, for having those powers! she could’ve saved them a lot of trouble if she’d at least known how to hide them!
    she blamed the gods—
    no, aeonia. it’s not their fault.

driven on pure adrenaline, perhaps fear that they’d come back to get her, she’d travelled all the way to the eastern beach.
    as the waves lapped at her paws, aeonia drew lines in the sand and watched the sea turn red. meaning that the sunne had already set.

why did i do that to minerva? how could i…how could i be so heartless?
    staring up at the ether, aeonia let herself get lost in the clouds, let her mind wander. away from all the pain, away from all the loss and all the guilt.

if only…if only i could fix my past mistakes. if only i could’ve seen this coming in the future.
    i would have had time. time to get away. time to get us to a safe space.
    i wish i could know how much time i had.
    i wish…..for so, so many things.

are you really sure you want time, little mortal?

was she hallucinating? the voice in her head seemed so real.
    either way, her mind chimed like a bell, one word over and over againlike a broken record.

please.

crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

— ✮ got a secret, can you keep it?…

Postby crexmii » Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:20 am

now.

and now she was stuck here.
    out of moira’s generosity, he offered to grant her wish.
    yet aeonia felt that her wish wasn’t granted at all.
    now all she could do was watch the sand in hourglasses fall all day.

twenty-four hours left.
    “where’s toivo?” someone hissed. “there’s twenty-four hours left, and he’ not here?!”
    aeonia turned around and saw aerin, lashing their tail in annoyance.

“aeonia, do you know where he is?”
    she shrugged. “how should i know? we barely interact!”
    aerin simply nodded and brushed past her to find the others.
    yikes. aeonia had been so tempted to blurt that out.

putting an ally in danger once again.
    but this time, she didn’t.

aeonia had a choice.
    she could be an honest cat who constantly got others into hot water — or she could be a liar who saved them.

and she knew which one she wanted to be.

crexmii

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me