Magic Competition // Mirror

Create a topic here to store adoptable/character competition forms.

Magic Competition // Mirror

Postby strawberrymwilk » Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:50 pm

Mirror Magic // Lost rarity

Table of Contents

fun note
this was done super last minute BUT ive had the idea since the competition was announced, however due to irl time constraints i did not get the chance to work on it but i decided i really liked the basis of the magic idea and wanted to submit! if chosen as a magic to be added i am 100% happy and willing to help flesh it out and expand upon what is included. please do not mind the rushed artwork :sob:
Last edited by strawberrymwilk on Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

About this Magic

Postby strawberrymwilk » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:25 pm

Domain
Mirror Magic's domain is unlike many others as those that wield it are not restrained to one type of magic. When they see another preform a task using their magic, a user is able to temporarily yield that magic themselves.

Skills Include
    ✧ Being able to copy other magics
    ✧ "Preform" the abilities of other magics for a set time
    ✧ Enhance the magical abilities of others nearby

Leveling Guide

Novice
You lack control over your ability to mirror other magics, it occurs erratically for short bursts of time. This occurs immediately after you have witnessed another user's magic. Due to the wild nature of the magic in this state, any rariety of magic can be copied.

Advanced
With advanced mirror magic, you can now control your magic. You are able to begin copying common magics for up to 3 minutes at a time. At this stage, it still must occur soon after the original use of magic.

Adept
You can now copy rare magics for up to an hour. No longer do you need to use mirror magic right after the original user, you can wait up to 10 minutes before casting your own magic.

Master
At master you gain the ability to copy limited magics. You can perform this magic for up to a day after first seen and wait up to an hour before using.

Paragon
Now you can copy legendary magics. As long as you have seen another use their magic once you can call on it whenever.
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

How it Works

Postby strawberrymwilk » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:37 pm

Breaking down how mirror magic works

Mirror magic allows one to "copy" magic by another magical creature that they saw them perform. As they grow in level the time they are able to do this increases. This magic acts as a mirror, allowing the user to recreate what they saw for a period of time. Once they no longer have the ability to do so they must wait a period of time before mirroring magic again.

For example.

At Advanced if a mirror storkie were to witness a plant storkie grow a flower for the next 3 minutes they would be able to also grow a flower. After that time is up the mirror storkie is no longer able to harness plant magic to grow a flower. In order to do it again they would need to wait a period of time for their "mirror" to recharge and watch a plant storkie do the same action.

With advancements made in their magic ability this begins to change, their mirror is able to remember the magic ability they witnessed for longer periods of time meaning an adept user could watch a plant storkie grow a flower and then walk away and 5 minutes later, grow a flower.
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Magic Expression

Postby strawberrymwilk » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:45 pm

Eye Colors

The [lim] full eye trait is automatically added to every mirror magic user. Their eyes range from light to medium grey.
When they are mirroring magic the color of the cat they are mirroring will now appear as an iris in the caster, with the sclera retaining the grey coloring.

Magic Expression

There is no true standard magic expression as it changes to match the magic they are mirroring.

However, when not mirroring another, they may have light wisps around parts of them which at first glance appear to be nothing. When a closer look is taken magic expressions are seemingly "trapped" in the wisps.

How it may appear
Last edited by strawberrymwilk on Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Rewards

Postby strawberrymwilk » Tue Feb 28, 2023 4:55 pm

Divine Gift

Mask
    mirror physical traits
    Unlocked at adept, this allows you to mirror back physical traits of another magic user. The same wisps found around the user will appear over a part of the body in return showing the appearance of who they copied the magic from.

Accessories

Magic Mirror
    At your will the mirror will appear and show your true self, allowing the user to never lose sight of who they are.
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Prompts

Postby strawberrymwilk » Wed Mar 01, 2023 2:58 pm

"What is your favorite magic type to mirror? Least favorite?"

"What magic do you struggle with? What ones come naturally?"
strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Paragon

Postby strawberrymwilk » Wed Mar 01, 2023 3:12 pm

[nr] accessories, feather crest edits, full eye
[lim] extra eyes (x29 for each current magic type,, or even more to account new ones)
[leg] tail alterations || genesplice, form change

ALT FORMS

okay so hearthoot is their normal form where they have extra eyes, one for each magic that is mirroring this magic. As a paragon it means they can especially easily pull to other magic types.

Now to tie into the physical mirroring aspect i thought it would be a little goofy to go actual traitbomb with genesplice and other traits to allow them to appear as a storkie and littleheart. allowing them to REALLY mirror. now im not even going to bother listing the traits

If chosen as a magic and i am allowed to keep the paragon, im fine w/o the form changes. i just thought they were a silly idea and wanted to show them!!

strawberrymwilk

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Magic Competition // Mirror

Postby kiwipen » Sun Mar 05, 2023 6:07 am

Congratulations! Your magic was chosen, and you'll be able to keep your entry.

Here is your finalized trait list:

[nr] accessories, feather crest edits, full eye
[lim] extra eyes (For Passing Purposes; 30. For Lore Purposes: Illegal Infinite Eyes)
[leg] tail alterations || genesplice, form change

Magic: Mirror
kiwipen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me