FlightRising?

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

FlightRising?

Postby Kattling » Tue Oct 17, 2023 11:56 pm

I keep hearing about FlightRising and wanted to ask how similar it was to CS! ;u;
I absolutely adore the whole mechanic of "adopt a bunch of things and see what they become", so I guess that's mainly what I wanted to ask about. Does FlightRising have that?
I know there's something about breeding too, but I don't know how that works/how necessary it is/etc.
Thank you in advance, heehee~ <3
Kattling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: FlightRising?

Postby Starryfox » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:00 am

Hello!! It's super fun, it's not really like cs in the adopt way, when you join you get two free dragons which you can choose to breed, but for the main part you have to buy your own dragons! (Which isn't difficult! There's mini games where you can make money + other site activities!) But there's lots of kind users out there who give out free dragons to newbies and stuff as well!<3 There's a lot more to it, so feel free to pm with more questions if you'd like!! [:
Starryfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kattling » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:05 am

Starryfox wrote:Hello!! It's super fun, it's not really like cs in the adopt way, when you join you get two free dragons which you can choose to breed, but for the main part you have to buy your own dragons! (Which isn't difficult! There's mini games where you can make money + other site activities!) But there's lots of kind users out there who give out free dragons to newbies and stuff as well!<3 There's a lot more to it, so feel free to pm with more questions if you'd like!! [:

Ahh thank you! ;u; Sounds interesting! Is it a little bit more like a maturer Neopets in that way? (sorry it's the only point of reference I could think of, haha)
Dragons are more of your friends and your buddies rather than a collectable?
Kattling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Regency » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:06 am

Yeah. You can customize them as much (within reason) as you want and give them individual lore
Regency

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starryfox » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:08 am

I haven't played neopets before, but yeah! That's a fair description <3 I mean, there are lots of possible colours so you can always make your own collection goal if that makes sense!! Such as collecting colours you like, and some people collect generation 1 dragons, which is the closest thing to a surprise you can get! You can get unhatched eggs (rarely, + expensive sadly) from some activities and from buying from the Auction house (where users can buy/sell stuff!) And it'll hatch into a random dragon!<:
Starryfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Kattling » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:11 am

You have both convinced me. >w> Time to make an account.
Thank you! <3 I didn't want to commit to learning a new game and all that jazz just to realise I'm not interested, y'know? Sounds fun though!
Kattling

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Starryfox » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:13 am

Kattling wrote:You have both convinced me. >w> Time to make an account.
Thank you! <3 I didn't want to commit to learning a new game and all that jazz just to realise I'm not interested, y'know? Sounds fun though!

Yippee!!! I hope you have lots of fun, welcome to fr!! :D
Starryfox

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Carrion Soup » Wed Oct 18, 2023 12:22 am

Flight Rising mostly revolves around breeding mechanics to customize a ton of colors and patterns. Patterns (genes) have varying rarities and each dragon has three genes (primary- on the main body, secondary- on the wings and hair/mane, tertiary- an extra pattern or variable design). There are also many breeds of dragons that all look distinctly different from one another. You can entirely just buy dragons that you like as well if you aren't interested in breeding. Then there's also lots and lots of apparel so you can dress up your dragons. Customization is a big part of the appeal here. Your account is like a lair/clan where your dragons live and you can customize your lair bio and dragon bios to make lore and tell stories if that's something you enjoy. You also get to choose a flight (elements like fire, water, shadow, light, etc) to participate in. This effects eye colors on dragons and you get access to private places just for your flight and a whole community there as well. Flight Rising is really good about accommodating different play styles. There's lots of dailies you can do for resources, a coliseum for loot, and a fair grounds for mini games to make currency. Plus the community is extremely welcoming with tons of guides and resources that you're encouraged to take part in. The forums there are fairly active and offer lots like rps, guides, games, etc. Oh and the premium currency can be earned through the site too! Feel free to add me if you'd like ^^

My account
Your local cryptid
↠ 5/8/18
↠ 5/8/23
↠ lgbtqia+
↠ she/they
↠ generalized & social anxiety disorder
| Sour to the bone marrow, horrid to the core
Carrion Soup

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby BloomyCat » Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:11 pm

I'm on Flight Rising! My name there is BloomyCat! Feel free to friend me.

Last bumped by BloomyCat on Sun Dec 31, 2023 6:11 pm.
BloomyCat

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me