New to Deviantart

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

New to Deviantart

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:40 am

Hello I finally joined DA and I could use a little help with tips and tricks! Also I have no idea how to tell what category I should submit my art to as I don't know what some of them are. Thank you and feel free to message me here or link to your account! I'd love to get everything going and make some friends c:

Here

Just finished my CIS/IT degree {yay}
- I've been here long enough I'm a mom now
- Feel free to PM me for any help/guides/links/questions
- Looking for Mass WL swaps
- Looking for semi/Lit rp
She/her ~ bi wife energy ~ Adult
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New to Deviantart

Postby Electric~Lime~Zebra » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 pm

~

Just finished my CIS/IT degree {yay}
- I've been here long enough I'm a mom now
- Feel free to PM me for any help/guides/links/questions
- Looking for Mass WL swaps
- Looking for semi/Lit rp
She/her ~ bi wife energy ~ Adult
Electric~Lime~Zebra

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: New to Deviantart

Postby blueshywolf124 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 3:17 pm

~•♥•~

Hello! :3
Some tips I'd suggest to getting more people to visit your page and see your work would be to give out tons of llamas!
When you give or receive a llama badge it pretty much means, "I like what you do! Keep it up".
But it also gets peoples attention.
There are so many other artists on there, and this is a way to reach out to them
Thus, i would really recommend you get the "One Click Llama Extension" So it's 10x easier to give them out.
One I downloaded the extension and was able to give out so many more llamas, my account has really grown.

If you ever find another artist who has similar content to yours,
you should take a look at their watchers, and gives them all llamas!
Odds are, they'll be interested in your work too!

Another suggestion would be if you look at the top menu under "MORE" there is a "Random deviant" button
You should use that to meet new people, and give plenty of likes along the way
I'd say at least 50% of people you give llamas and likes to will return the favor to you

About the categories. . .I don't think it matters too much. A lot of times i have trouble placing my artworks too X3
I'd say as long as you have the main category correct, then you're good. So just ask yourself what medium you used to make it?
You know, is it made digitally? Is it traditional like drawing/painting? Is it simply photography? Or is it a physical object like ceramics or plushies? For example: that cute garlic bread sketch you have? It's not actually a plushie yet right? It's just a design. So, I'd say the design would just be under the digital art category, and probably under "other". If it is actually made into a prototype you can hold in your hands, then it would be in the artisan crafts category under "plushies". Hope that makes sense, but don't sweat it, as long as it's in the right ballpark.

Um, i hope i didn't make thinks too confusing, and hopefully answered what questions you had? I mean, let me know if you need anything else ♥

~•♥•~
ImageImageImage
Image Image Image Image
blueshywolf124

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me