BronzeHorse | New game in development

Discuss your favorite websites, or advertise your own website/forum here

Re: My new game! (In development)

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Sun Mar 19, 2017 11:50 pm

PuppygirlWillow wrote:
Evee4ever228 wrote:Written features! Oh my! I didn't even think about those! Some help would actually be wonderful! I am not good at writing. I will pm you with more details about written features that will be available. <3
Great! I am really not that good with anything other than points. XD Once I am ready for markings and stuff I will message you. <3

This is a great idea, and I admire your determination to have a site of your own.
If need be, I can also help with written words and feature text and the like as well. I have a lot of experience writing and developing storylines and descriptions, and have my own novel in progress (slowly)! I have quite a bit of experience with dogs, and though I worked with horses and rode them for at least 6 years, I have never owned one, so I can't claim the same knowledge. I see you're going to plan a variety of species, and I'd be more than happy to help research to allow for more detail, as well.
The horse art so far looks amazing, though I admit I prefer the side on view with the initial straight on view. But that is purely personal preference. ^.^

Thank you! The big species are going to be cats, dogs, and equines. Minor, wild, species will also be added, but they will not have personality/many actions. Mostly small things. For example, one of the wild encounters I have planned is: "Your mare explores and finds hurt deer. There are bite marks on the doe. There might be wolves around. Should your mare help or leave?". So basically what I am saying is the only big thing that species will play in is how horses/pets act. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs, so deciding how the pets will act should not be much of a problem. :D
Also, for your preference: Do you mean you prefer side view, over front view, or vise versa? I am probably going to mark all the horses side view, as front view is a good bit harder to draw/shade.

Oh, I don't know! But isn't it nice? Not to know. Ugh. You're not a victim. Not a target. Not just one night it's better to forget.

Eve/Nakaru/Trilobitemeat/Squonk | Adult | They/Them
Art Shop | Art Gallery

...But then... whatever in the world could you be?

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:05 am

Evee4ever228 wrote:Thank you! The big species are going to be cats, dogs, and equines. Minor, wild, species will also be added, but they will not have personality/many actions. Mostly small things. For example, one of the wild encounters I have planned is: "Your mare explores and finds hurt deer. There are bite marks on the doe. There might be wolves around. Should your mare help or leave?". So basically what I am saying is the only big thing that species will play in is how horses/pets act. I have 3 cats and 2 dogs, so deciding how the pets will act should not be much of a problem. :D
Also, for your preference: Do you mean you prefer side view, over front view, or vise versa? I am probably going to mark all the horses side view, as front view is a good bit harder to draw/shade.

I prefer the side view, personally. The early art you shared of the paint mare and the thoroughbred mare with the background I found to be a little bit out of proportion, with the neck structure, etc. The side view I found also shows more of the breed and form of the particular horses.

Also, now I think about it, the background on the Thoroughbred Mare picture you shared is a little dark, I think. I love the look of the dark forest type-setting, and the shadowy mystery of it, and how the trunks of the trees look, but with the black horse, it's just a little too easy I think to lose the animal in the whole image. Hopefully that makes sense?

As for my offer, I was more thinking I could aid with 'flavour' text, or such. If I was to use your example (which is cool, by the way):

'Your mare finds a wounded deer while exploring. The doe is bleeding, and there are bite marks on her shoulder and back. She seems to have been attacked by wolves, which may still be around. Do you choose to help her, or leave her to her fate?"

Or maybe something like a description of a breed/species:
"Recognizable for its distinctive features; a dished face and high tail carriage, the Arabian is a proud breed, renowned for its elegance, endurance and spirit. They have exemplary skills in endurance riding, and are formidable opponents in the show ring."

And so on and so forth :)
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:44 am

Puppy: Ah, yes. I am remodeling those breeds. I do not like the look of them either. :) The background was just an example of one of the available ones. :) I already had it made, so I decided that I might as well use it. XD
Oh, flavour text. I remember trying to catch all the Pokemon just so I could read the flavour text. XD Your writing examples are amazing, and I would love if you could aid with those. <3

Oh, I don't know! But isn't it nice? Not to know. Ugh. You're not a victim. Not a target. Not just one night it's better to forget.

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby gooxen » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:50 am

I sent an email with a mule watercolour sketch that I did, I hope that's okay.

(sorry if I'm being really pushy, I'm just super excited about the game!)
gooxen

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kitsuwn » Mon Mar 20, 2017 1:59 am

Hello! I would be very interested in drawing felines and canines for your
game, examples are in my CS gallery, but I can make them very realistic.

Let me know if you're interested, I don't expect any payment, and I am
willing to sketch up something for you as an example whenever I have
time! Thank you.
kitsuwn

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PuppygirlWillow » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:23 am

Evee4ever228 wrote:Puppy: Ah, yes. I am remodeling those breeds. I do not like the look of them either. :) The background was just an example of one of the available ones. :) I already had it made, so I decided that I might as well use it. XD
Oh, flavour text. I remember trying to catch all the Pokemon just so I could read the flavour text. XD Your writing examples are amazing, and I would love if you could aid with those. <3

Gotcha :) And in that case, I can't wait to see the rest of the backgrounds!

And I can relate on the Pokemon front! I will Google them occasionally just to see, and it amuses me how they change from one generation to another. I found a really interesting theory on Mimikyu being Porygon, actually, that used the flavour text on the former to guess the latter.

And thank you. The second one was not great- I just read it back and endurance was in there twice, sentence to sentence. Not good!

I did the first half of a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Professional and Creative Writing, before I decided that it would not get me a job in anything other than journalism, which I didn't want! So this sort of stuff turns me into a bit of a grammar Nazi on myself! Haha. :)

Also,

@Vitani; --- love Vitani. She deserved more screen time in the movie! Lol
PuppygirlWillow

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 2:27 am

Vitani; wrote:Hello! I would be very interested in drawing felines and canines for your
game, examples are in my CS gallery, but I can make them very realistic.

Let me know if you're interested, I don't expect any payment, and I am
willing to sketch up something for you as an example whenever I have
time! Thank you.

Very nice drawings! How realistic can you do? :3 Sorry if I end up asking for a sketch, and letting me finish it. I am extremely controlling by nature, and sometimes it is hard to resist my instincts. XD

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Ghiaccio » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:13 am

hi can i try out for a designer i may be better art that :)

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Caŋ ɣɔu track ɛm, Mɛlɔŋɛ?~
ϟ Ghia |♐︎||They/Them ϟ
Enby Lesbian
Feel free to dm- I don't bite.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

xxxxxxxx
♡Mel♡
current obsessions
↓↓↓
Jjba (pt5&6)
Madcom
Oc creating/
worldbuilding

xxxxxxxx

Ghiaccio

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Tyersal » Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:16 am

Evee4ever228 wrote:Oh my god. You guys really know how to make a gal cry don't you? I have never gotten so much support in my life!

Tyersal wrote:I love the you have so far! I'm not so good at drawing on computers, but I do have a lot of knowledge about actual horses (I am retraining my own right now, she was badly treated when she was younger and never properly taught things)
I could help with written features of the website, and I could help being a moderator/game helper.
I can also come up with design and feautures for e horses/other animals/website itself if you need someone like that?
I can't code either unfortunatly
It sounds like it'll be a great game!

Awe, poor baby! I am glad she is being trained right.
Written features! Oh my! I didn't even think about those! Some help would actually be wonderful! I am not good at writing. I will pm you with more details about written features that will be available. <3
Great! I am really not that good with anything other than points. XD Once I am ready for markings and stuff I will message you. <3

Ok, thanks!
Don't worry about it :lol: I'm top of English class and love both helping to create writing and writing to players ect. (I'd be able to do a bit like chickensmoothieS front page, I'm also good at explaining things. I used to love making up clubs and rules and fake company things for games.) this sounds like fun!

I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_people.
I have received _19_gifts.

Book Recommendations, because i like them and wanna share :)

• Maze Runner Series // James Dashner
• Pegasus Series // Kate O'Hearn
• Gone Series // Michael Grant
Tyersal

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby squonkasaurusrex » Mon Mar 20, 2017 7:24 am

Alright guys! Thanks all the help! I am going to be organizing teams today, and post them on the master post. :) That was we all know who is doing what, and that way we can collaborate with each other. <3

Art Shop | Art Gallery

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me