Archive: Past Summer Event Images and Info (IMAGE-HEAVY!)

Current Event: πŸ₯šEaster Egg Hunt πŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: Archive: Past Summer Event Images (TONS OF IMAGES)

Postby lucky333123 » Tue Oct 25, 2016 1:29 pm

This brings back memories <3 I remember the Medieval Faire to this very date!
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
β–ˆβ–‘β–Œ
──────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘
──────────────────
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
β–ˆ
───────────────────────────
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
If you need any help, feel
free to ask ^.^ dates matter
I am a holibomber!
I have gifted _60_ people.
I have received _35_ gifts.

β”‚
β”‚

β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β”Œβ”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”
β”‚
β”‚
β””β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”€β”˜
β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘β–‘

β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
β–β–‘β–ˆ
lucky333123

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:10 pm

Glad to be of service :D
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Apr 01, 2017 4:49 pm

Dunno if they're of any use to anyone, but I just updated the top of this post with the full bars of what's currently on the home page

and this
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2017: Lost City Event - Hover images

Postby nickjr » Sat Jul 22, 2017 1:35 pm

2017: Lost City Event

All map hover images have medium and large versions

Map: Lost City
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Map: Courtyard
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

and then there are these from Panopea's Pearl Game:
ImageImageImage

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post:
nickjr wrote:Gonna keep a draft of the 2017 event post here since I don't want to start loading all those images on the front every time I go to edit the post lol

Background color is meant to match the real post on the front page, not this post.

Tons of placeholders in this post. I do not include the tokens themselves (you can find them in the Archives!) or the pets that you receive from the NPCs and token trade-ins. I also do not include the images that accompany the free items, such as the dress that Shelly displays for her daily free design, unless the images are not images of a single item.

All NPCs from 2011 through 2016 have either been existing pets or pets that could be adopted/token-traded during the events that they appeared in, so I am assuming that all 2017 NPCs who are not currently pets will also eventually come home with us :)

I may not always have this post updated for the latest rollover due to time constraints.

IF I have updated for the latest rollover (midnight CS time), you can tell me if I missed anything/anyone! (other than events that don't happen at rollover, such as the places that were unlocked in previous years by completion of a progress bar)

Last updated: 2017-07-31 at 02:15 (AM) CS Time (Archives not yet updated, so no links to the new NPCs in the archives yet since I usually use a species or artist filter in the archive links)
Current CS Time (click me)

-------------------------------------------------

DONE! MOVED TO FIRST PAGE! 8D
Last edited by nickjr on Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:37 am, edited 19 times in total.
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Archive: Past Summer Event Images (EXTREMELY IMAGE-HEAVY

Postby acatalepsy » Sat Jul 22, 2017 6:18 pm

For the NPCs, I think you meant 2017 and not 2016 rip
you can call me acata or acaxxxxxpreviously Moona_ (also go by Moona and Moon)
Avi by Tsukoyami on DragCave

Discuss March 2021 here!
Help/Suggestions board here and FAQ here!

2021 Trade Fodder group here

Current Adopts: March 2021

Watch Me Grow! wrote:Image Image
acatalepsy

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2017: Lost City Event - Flavor Text: NPCs

Postby nickjr » Sun Jul 23, 2017 3:48 am

2017: Lost City Event

Flavor Text: NPCs

(Layout is still a minor WIP. Also, feel free to post the marked missing flavor text.)

Princess wrote:
^ Day 1 (July 22)
^ Day 9 (July 30)
^ Day 10 (July 31); same as Day 1
Day 1 (July 22): ...Hi, um... Mama's not here. Everyone is working on the Jam...Jam-Boo-Ree... the party! So now I'm in charge. Off with your head! Hehe just kidding... I'm not allowed to do that anymore

Day 4 (July 25): HI! I asked the chef to make me another sandwich but he said he was busy and then Mama told me to stop bothering the staff but I just wanted another sandwich I don't think that's much to ask do you know what the main ingredient in sandwiches is? SAND! Hahahaha

Are you a guard now? Ooooh

Day 5 (July 26): Yaawn. Mama says I have to leave the guards alone today because they're busy doing an inbestivation. Inbestigate. Ingestivate. Whatever shush.

Day 6 (July 27): Hiii. Mama says I'm grounded until the Jambony starts. Will you please tell Mr Herringbone I'm sorry and I didn't mean to :(

Day 9 (July 30): Yay guess what! The Janarbee is on!

I finished my present just in time. I hope Mr Herringbone likes it :)

Day 10 (July 31): Thanks for spending your vacation with me! It was fun :)

Mama says we are going on vacation now too! But I have some jobs to do first :(

[troll] wrote:
Day 3 (July 24): Waaaahhh :'(

Nothing to collect but a troll response: Oh wait, I just remembered, I ate that sandwich last night :)

[what a troll lol]

Quest wrote:
I'm bored. Bored bored bored. Do you have something we can play with?

Upon trade-in: Oh coool! Here, talk to my cousin while I go play with my new stuff. We have some family staying with us for the Jamthingy ugh they're so annoying have fun bye.

Quest wrote:
I'm making a present for Mr Herringbone :) if you help I'll let you meet more of my annoying cousins. Oops I meant cool cousins!

Upon trade-in: Oh coool! Here, talk to my cousin while I go play with my new stuff. We have some family staying with us for the Jamthingy ugh they're so annoying have fun bye. [same as quest above]

Quest wrote:
Mama says I'm not allowed to go on vacation til me and my brother have cleaned up the courtyard. But there's soooo much to pick uppp!

Upon trade-in: Yay, thanks! Now I can go on vacation :) Can I start by visiting your castle?

Quest wrote:
Avian invited us to CS for a vacation! Mama is worried that the food there might be weird though. Can you tell the chef we need lots of food for the trip?

Upon trade-in: It seems you have impressed the King and Queen with your resourcefulness. They've decided to come for a visit to your home as first stop of their CS vacation!

Cuttler wrote:
^ Day 1 (July 22)
^ Day 2 (July 23)
^ Day 4 (July 25)
^ Day 5 (July 26)
^ Day 6 (July 27); same as Day 4
Day 1 (July 22): missing! something rude =P ("get out! only castle workers in here! (The squid eyes your clothes with suspicion) y'know the party's gonna have a strict dress code, right? go to shelly's and get yourself tidied up (wow rude)")

Day 2 (July 23): Oh hi! :) are you my secret admirer? I've been getting all these beautiful pictures in my mailbox.

Sorry if I seemed a little rude yesterday. It's been stressful working on this Jamboree. I'm sorry, but I still can't let you in. Only workers are allowed during setup.

Day 3 (July 24): Hi again! I love CS tourists, you are so friendly :) I've thought of a way to help you out...

Guards only need a little work experience before they can work security for the Jamboree. If you like I could get you a job in town. Then after a day of training you should be ready to work security inside the castle courtyard!

Day 4 (July 25): Hey, you found me! :) How does it feel being a member of the royal guard?

I don't have much work to do now, since they hired a bunch of CS tourists to work security. So I'm just taking a little break. Shhh, don't tell the royals I'm in here.

Feel free to pick up a fresh guard's uniform if your old one gets dirty!

Day 5 (July 26): Oh no, this is so bad... we haven't had a crime here since the great hair fire of 2015. Why did this have to happen the same week I'm training new guards... :(

I'm putting a case together, please help me out by interviewing the residents and tourists to see if anyone knows anything."

[lingering " was there officially lol I think that was a mistake]

Day 6 (July 27): Thanks for all your help yesterday! What a mess. I think we should install some security cameras around here!

All the investigation updates were recorded on our pin board yesterday, so click here to view the unfolding story.

Day 8 (July 29): Tomorrow's the big day! There's just a little last-minute cleaning to do today, then we can relax and enjoy the party.

Day 9 (July 30): Thanks for all your help with the Jamboree! You've done the royal guard proud.

My mailbox is buried in a mountain of art from my secret admirers, so I'm sticking some pics up on the pinboard now. Huge thank-you to the sweethearts sending these in <3 I'll keep pinning up more pics each hour til I run out, please take a look!

[free pets] wrote:
Mr Herringbone found a strange artifact. It says MADE IN CS on the bottom. Isn't that where you're from? We'd like to come for a visit if that's okay!

Quest wrote:
The workers are running out of materials for assembling the stage and stalls for the Jamboree. Do you have any to spare?

Upon trade-in: Thanks, I'll pass these on. If you need help carrying the materials, just take one of my trainees with you, they are very strong.

Quest wrote:
Day 5 (July 26): Would you please interview Chef Calamari and bring me his statement? Other guards will take care of the rest.

Upon trade-in: Thanks, I have a lot of reading to do! I'll update my pin board as the case unfolds.

[free item] wrote:
Day 6 (July 27): Would you please interview Mr. Herringbone to ask his thoughts about what I discovered yesterday, and bring me his statement? You can use this piece of stationery to write it down.

[see interview quest for Mr. Herringbone to find out why this was structured as a free item giveaway instead of a quest]

(Mr.) Herringbone wrote:
^ Day 1 (July 22)
^ Day 9 (July 30)
Day 1 (July 22): missing! something grouchy =P ("GET OUT OF--oh. hmph I thought you were someone else. oi get out already (uhh wonder what's up with this grouch...)")

Day 2 (July 23): You again? What do you want? Hmph...

I don't mean to be such a grump, but the kids here are always knocking on my walls and messing with my stuff.

Day 4 (July 25): Hey, thanks for taking care of those pesky critters gnawing on my house. You CS folk are alright.

The locals here aren't so friendly to me. I haven't had a proper house guest since some silly misunderstanding in 2015 when I sneezed and set someone's hair on fire. It was an accident! How was I supposed to know dragon fire still burns underwater? Seems like an overreaction to me.

Now everyone is all wrapped up in this Jamboree nonsense, but no invite for me. Hmph. I didn't wanna go anyway.

Day 5 (July 26): Hey, what's everyone gabbing about today? No-one ever tells me anything.

Drama on the Jamboree stage? Are they putting on a play? Ha ha ha. I'm sorry, just trying to lighten the mood.

Day 6 (July 27): Hmph. Grumble mumble.

Did he just say the word grumble?

Day 8 (July 29): Hmph. I suppose I'll check out the Jamboree tomorrow. It would be rude not to, right?

Day 9 (July 30): Did you see the statue the princess made me? :) I guess not everyone thinks I'm scary

[free pets] wrote:
Day 3 (July 24): missing!

Quest wrote:
I need to re-decorate this place, maybe that'll make it feel more like home. Got any of this stuff? I'll happily take it off your hands.

Upon trade-in: Oh hey, thanks! Look, I've been clearing out some of the old decor, maybe you can find a use for this old junk.

Quest wrote:
Use a piece of cute stationery to record your interview with Mr. Herringbone

Upon trade-in: Mr. Herringbone just makes a few hmphs and sighs. Not sure if this interview is worth giving to Cuttler.

Upon trade-in either after the second time OR after a few hours: Mr. Herringbone just makes a few hmphs and sighs. Not sure if this interview is worth giving to Cuttler. I think I'll just keep it.

Wade wrote:
Day 1 (July 22): Well hello there! You're a little odd looking if you don't mind me saying. Where're your fins 'n tentacles? Oh well.

This is a racing track. Only the fastest critters compete. Correctly pick the winner to take home a special prize... just costs one pearl to enter!

Day 9 (July 30): Time for a quick race before we head over to the Jamboree? Correctly pick the winner to take home a special prize... just costs one pearl to enter!

[free pets] wrote:
I've been testing this species to see how well they race, but they're just too stubborn and unreliable. Would you do me a favor and give them a new home?

[race win] wrote:The racer is coming home to celebrate with you!

Shelly wrote:
Day 1 (July 22): Welcome to Barnacle Boutique! Have you prepared your outfit for the upcoming Summer Jamboree? Don't expect the royal guard to let you in wearing any old clothes (or worse, naked!) Don't worry, I'll sort you out. You'll be sure to make a splash when you show up in one of my designs :)

Day 5 (July 26): Oh dear, have you heard the news about the broken music instruments? I hope this doesn't mean they'll postpone the Jamboree. At least we'll have some more time to shop for pretty outfits though :)

Day 6 (July 27): Yesterday was a strange day! I was pretty shocked when Cuttler sent guards to interview me. You guys didn't really think I would do such a thing right? Anyways, let's get back to trying on pretty clothes! :)

Day 8 (July 29): Alright shoppers, I hope you've managed to sort out a Jamboree outfit by now! I can't wait to see you all partying at the Jamboree in my handmade gowns and tunics.

Day 9 (July 30): Okay team, round up all your freshly-styled pets and let's head over to the courtyard for the Jamboree!

[free pets] wrote:

[free pets] wrote:
EeEEk help! I found these things crawling inside my wardrobe!

[free items, amusing flavor text] wrote:Day 4 (July 25): Some pets don't like wearing dresses? :( Well okay then, how about these?

Quest wrote:
I need a few materials for making clothes, can you help me out?

Upon trade-in: Thanks! Now I have enough material to finish the dress I'm working on, but I always have more orders to fill! Could you please bring me some more? My assistant will come with you to help you find the finest kelp and shells.

Quest wrote:
All this sewing is making me hungry! Could you ask Chef Calamari to prepare me a snack?

Upon trade-in: OH yum thanks! By the way, this pet has been asking for a job but I already have enough assistants, maybe you can hire it for food delivery!

Avian and Totoro wrote:
Day 1 (July 22): Yay, finally we're here! I'm sure you've heard the rumors about an ancient Chicken Smoothie server which broke off and fell into the sea many years ago during a bad data storm. Well, turns out the rumors were true!

We followed mysterious co-ordinates printed on the back of a smoothie cup to this location. The lost pets seem to have survived and established a new society. Time to go 'sploring!

Day 5 (July 26): Oh fishsticks, the Castle Courtyard has been vandalized overnight! I really hope it wasn't done by one of my vacation guests... let me check this guest list carefully... Totoro, you go scout for clues!

Day 6 (July 27): Well done guards of CS for helping Cuttler solve the mystery of the broken instruments! Now we can get back to enjoying our vacation.

The Jamboree staff have had some set-backs but we should be able to help them get back on track!

Day 8 (July 29): Hi guys, I hope you've enjoyed your vacation so far! I hear the Jamboree will be opening tomorrow :)

Day 9 (July 30): Yay, it's finally time for the Jamboree!

Day 10 (July 31): Alright everyone, time to pack your bags! We are heading back to CS!

Please go and say your goodbyes and thankyous to all the friendly locals who've been hosting us on our trip :)

[free pets] wrote:

[free items, amusing flavor text] wrote:Day 4 (July 25): I bet you thought I was gonna give you another set of swim stuff today. Well, you'd be right! Tess said I gave terrible packing advice before we set off so now I have to make up for it.

Day 5 (July 26): Bet you've never seen a pony in a wetsuit before. Wait, you have? Hahaha weird!

Day 6 (July 27): How do you make a squid laugh? Give it ten tickles! Hahahaha but squids actually have 2 tentacles and 8 arms so the zoologist in me does not appreciate this joke.

Day 7 (July 28): Apparently I'm bad at jokes. Better reel it in eh? Eh? I'll sea myself out.

Day 8 (July 29): Look, it isn't easy doing a stand-up routine for an entire vacation. If you can think of better fish puns, let minnow.

Day 9 (July 30): Apparently my jokes are making people cringe. Sorry, I didn't do it on porpoise.

Day 10 (July 31): Sorry to say this is my last gift to you! Thanks for coming on vacation with me. I hope we're still fronds even after all my terrible puns <3

Squiddy (indirect; located in Kelp Forest: Quest wrote:
Squiddy can hear some pets stuck in the forest, the current is too strong for them to swim home! Maybe we can use some rope or kelp to pull them back in?

Upon trade-in: Phew, that worked, managed to pull in a couple of pups

Squiddy (indirect; located in Kelp Forest): Quest wrote:
Hmm, looks like Squiddy is admiring your pearls.

Upon trade-in: Woah, Squiddy snatches the pearls away right as two more squids come flying past to chill with you.

Finnegan wrote:
Day 4 (July 25): Mmff hmfuh mmble.

Huh? *He spits the seaweed out of his mouth*

Sorry, I guess I can't talk and make decorations at the same time. I'm Finnegan, I'll be the host for the Jamboree. There is still a lot of work to do here, so please pitch in and help if you can :)

Day 5 (July 26): Mmff hmfuh mmble HMMHPH!

Excuse my language. I'm really stressed out trying to organize this event, I hope this recent vandalism doesn't delay things.

Day 6 (July 27): Mmh mbl

Okay! Enough drama. Back to preparing the event hall. There is a lot of extra clean-up to do now.

Day 9 (July 30): Hello hello, welcome to the Jamboree! Help yourself to snacks and enjoy the music!

[free pets] wrote:
I've been doing a spot of painting to brighten up the Jamboree Hall! What do you think?

Upon receipt of pets: Oh, did I forget to mention my specialty is body painting?

Quest wrote:
I've been so busy making decorations, I forgot to order enough supplies. Could you please help us out?

Upon trade-in: Oh lovely, thanks so much! Here, you can help put some of these decorations out.

Quest wrote:
That falling statue thing made quite a mess of the hall. Please help us clean up by picking up any junk you find.

Upon trade-in: Hey, thanks! That was fast. I think there are a few more patches of mess scattered around. I'll have one of my ushers join you to scour the hall.

Chef Calamari wrote:
Day 4 (July 25): Hi, are you the new guard? Great, because I have a real problem with security here. Someone keeps stealing all the ingredients from my kitchen, at this rate I'll never have enough to finish preparing the Jamboree banquet.

Day 5 (July 26): Did you see the news today? They're acting like no crime ever happens here. What about all the sticky paws helping themselves to my grub? I need a vacation.

Day 6 (July 27): Hey listen guard, I did not appreciate all the questioning yesterday. Anyone would think you had me down as a suspect! I'm working hard on prepping food for the thousands of tourists that hit town this week, so of course I'm working strange hours.

Day 8 (July 29): Okay just have to put the finishing touches on these dishes for tomorrow. Can't wait to hang up my hat and join the party!

Day 9 (July 30): Phew, got all the food prepared just in time! What do you think? Is that not the best jellyfish jello you've ever had?

[free pets] wrote:
I caught these kids sneaking food off the table! Can you get them out of here please, guard?

Quest wrote:
I need some more ingredients to make my famous Salty Salad!

Upon trade-in: Oh these are excellent, thank you. Please help yourself to a small snack on your way out.

Quest wrote:
Use a piece of cute stationery to record your interview with Chef Calamari!

Upon trade-in: Chef Calamari answers a few questions and then shoos you away so he can return to working. I hope this is enough to bring to Cuttler the Guard.

Tesla wrote:
^ Day 5 (July 26)
^ Day 6 (July 27)
Day 5 (July 26): Hello. I'm the conductor for the Jamboree orchestra. Or, I was. I have nothing to conduct now because someone has gone and ruined all the instruments! Is that why you're here? Returning to the scene of the crime?

Oh, you're a guard? Okay, please find the vandal responsible for this mess.

Day 6 (July 27): Alright hello there! Sorry we met under such difficult circumstances yesterday. I hope I didn't give too bad of an impression. I'm Tesla, and like you I came from CS. The royals hired me to conduct the Jamboree orchestra, so I'm on a little working vacation :)

Day 9 (July 30): Hello again! Thanks for all your help. The orchestra is ready to play, but we'd welcome your musical talents if you'd like to join in!

[free pets] wrote:
We've just received delivery of new instruments from the royal family! Why don't you join us for practice today? Our musicians make delightful music.

[free pets] wrote:
It seems these critters have been lurking at the back of the stage in the dark, and have been spooked out into the open by our Jamboree lights. Can you find a new home for them?

[free items, amusing flavor text] wrote:
Hmmm... you've been offered an instrument to play in the orchestra, but it doesn't seem like Tesla has much faith in your musical ability!

Panopea wrote:
Day 4 (July 25): Hello! I'm Panopea. Nice to meet ya. Are you feeling lucky?

Text below was present from Day 4 onwards, but on Day 5 the first quest was added right here

I've hidden a special pearl in one of these shells, and if you guess which shell it's in then you'll win a very special prize! Of course, if you're wrong I won't let you go home empty-handed. That wouldn't be very fun!

Quest wrote:
I need some more shells to hide pearls in!

Upon trade-in: Waargh there's still something inside that shell!

[pearl game] wrote:Upon win: Congratulations, you found a pearl! You get to take home the grand prize!

Upon loss: Ooh bad luck, there's no pearl inside that shell. But here's a gift to say thanks for playing :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Original post:
nickjr wrote:LIES I observe the year 0 A.D. and therefore am currently living in the year 2016 :U

Yeah I meant 2017 LOL oops... almost 7 full months into the year and I still make this mistake :lol: Will fix after I wake up! Going to bed now

edit: Fixed!

edit2: I am such an archivist that I now want to record all of the flavor text lol darn it

Do people come here for the pics or for the nostalgia? Is the page length an issue (loading time is an issue, I know :lol: adding a bunch of text shouldn't make it load that much slower, though; shouldn't be as bad as adding images for a new event)

If people are coming here for the nostalgia, I guess I'll dump the flavor text into the front page posts themselves :) Can also incorporate the flavor text that Atwood found for some of the other events; right now they're just links at the bottom of the corresponding event posts lol and then I can hunt around on WayBack Machine myself for the other events that don't have flavor text posted anywhere

edit3: Maybe when I go on break in 5-ish months, I can downsize all the map images and make little thumbnail-like map images that link to the fullsize ones. Should help a bit with page load AND length, hopefully. (Probably won't do this for any other images lol except for maybe the event banners?) And I know CS's server is great and we usually don't have to worry about it, but it just makes me twitch to know that I'm displaying all of these images all at once using their direct links lol

I have one month of summer break left, but I'm trying to actually do stuff during the next month haha sitting down and squinting at BBCode takes way long than I'd like... (THERE IS NO WHITESPACING EVERYTHING IS CRAMPED AND THERE IS NO COLOR CODING IN THE CODE HOW DO YOU GUYS DEAL WITH THIS -SCREECHES IN AGONY-)

edit4: AAAAAAAH THE THING I WAS DOING IRL TOOK 3 HOURS INSTEAD OF 1 AND NOW I MISSED THE DAY 1 FLAVOR TEXT FOR THE SQUID CASTLE WORKER AND THE SHIPWRECK DRAGON time to go hunting for them...

note to self: get quotebox bg colors when I'm not feeling lazy; disable smilies in whichever post(s) I use for the flavor text, and if there are/were image smilies in the event, then use the image URLs of those smilies

still deciding on layout and whether or not these will be added to the main event post; I know it looks ugly but unfortunately I'm not taking suggestions on the layout of the flavor text ^^;

... but do feel free to post the Day 1 flavor text for the squid guard and the shipwreck dragon and any other missing flavor text! EXACT flavor text, please! I do remember the gist of what they said ("get out! only castle workers in here! (The squid eyes your clothes with suspicion) y'know the party's gonna have a strict dress code, right? go to shelly's and get yourself tidied up (wow rude)" and "GET OUT OF--oh. hmph I thought you were someone else. oi get out already (uhh wonder what's up with this grouch...)")

[everything before this original quote =P]

RAGES AT BBCODE Y U NO HAVE WHITESPACING

... or I could have the WayBack Machine do the archiving for me? but nah that's a pain the css keeps breaking there since the css isn't archived and you don't get to see everything at once lol
Last edited by nickjr on Tue Aug 01, 2017 2:39 pm, edited 23 times in total.
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby kirbby » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:14 am

this is absolutely amazing!!

▬▬▬▬⋆ Λšο½‘β‹†ΰ­¨β™‘ΰ­§β‹† Λšο½‘β‹†β–¬β–¬β–¬β–¬
warm heart, wagging tail,
and a smile just for you!

he/she/it β™‘ audhd β™‘ disabled
#1 cinnamoroll fan
β™‘
active elsewhere ! ask for
discord / socials
kirbby

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Law » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:31 am

Wow!! I can't believe you've saved all the images from past years! It was great to revisit all the past events 8D
Law

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Mon Jul 24, 2017 3:33 pm

Glad you guys like this thread :D

Here's hoping the images stay on the CS server for forever LOL or at least until I get around to mass-saving them to my computer and mass-uploading them to imgur or something haha

In other news, the map bg has been replaced by a slightly smaller version named menunormal, matching the map image names from 2015 and 2016. :D

Flavor text post is getting unwieldy... maybe I should simplify it

edit: looking at the HTML for the main event page and resizing my browser window, it looks like menumedium and menularge are used if your browser window is wide enough for medium or large. The image switching only works if you've got JavaScript enabled; if you don't, I'm guessing menunormal is the default (can't be bothered to hunt for confirmation lol)

Wow, looking at the HTML, I'm reminded of just how big of a website CS is... dang

OH MY GOD I FOUND THE HOVER IMAGES. THE EVENT POST DOESN'T NEED TO GET ANY BIGGER. BUT IT WILL GET BIGGER. MY INNER ARCHIVIST IS ROCKETING EVERYWHERE OUT OF JOY

edit2: or maybe I'll store them in a separate post rather than the main event post... what am I gonna doooo

[IMAGES MOVED HERE]

at the rate I'm going, I'm going to end up archiving the entire dang event lol watch me get the uncontrollable urge to write down the location URL names and then basically recreate the event in this thread

right now I don't have the urge to do that, thankfully lol
Last edited by nickjr on Tue Aug 01, 2017 7:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby mk4391 » Wed Jul 26, 2017 9:29 am

This archive is amazing! I was wondering, now that there's an event board should this be moved there so it's easier to find? Also I think the lion chef's original pet may be the squiddy smoothie background lion from the 2016 birthday celebrations http://www.chickensmoothie.com/archive/ ... thday/Lion .
mk4391

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me