Archive: Past Summer Event Images and Info (IMAGE-HEAVY!)

Current Event: ๐ŸฅšEaster Egg Hunt ๐Ÿ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

2021: Cave Event - Outside - Flavor Text: NPCs

Postby Keir; » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:12 pm

Cave Event - Outside

Flavor Text: The Outside NPCs

"Wow, what is this place? It looks prehistoric! Letโ€™s explore the area and see what we can find."

The outside opened on Day 6 of the event (July 22nd)

Tar Pit - Brea

^ Day 6 (July 22nd)
Day 6 (July 22nd): "You decide to hop through the portal... and fall directly into a tar pit. Ick. Thankfully, tar pits are actually only a few inches deep, so you'll be able to free yourself pretty easily. You imagined it like quicksand, didn't you? Also, did you know tar pits are actually made out of asphalt? Get out of there already! Once you do, you're greeted by a lion watching over the area, occasionally drinking from a nearby pool of water."
Day 8 (July 24th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Almost no one gets so stuck in the tar pits that I can't free them. I'm super strong! But I appreciate your help anyway. Funny how that little rock formation can make all of you fall out!"
Day 9 (July 25th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Wow, you're so brave, those vines in the forest are no joke! I'd go out and help you, but then someone might fall in and no one would be here to pull them out."
Day 10 (July 26th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Can we come through the rocks to see you after you've gone away? I know it's cold there, but look at how warm my mane is!"

Free Items wrote:
Day 7 (July 23rd): "Many things can be trapped and perserved in this pit. A true scientific time capsule!"
Free Pets wrote:
Day 8 (July 24th): "Things can become fossilized when trapped in a tar pit. These came to the surface today!"
Free Pets wrote:
Day 9 (July 25th): "Animals keep falling in, and you keep having to drag them back out... they're super grateful though!"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 6 (July 22nd)

"Woah, something is trapped in here with us... maybe we can use crystals to scrape away the tar and reveal it!"

[ After trading in 1 crystal ] "These creatures are so well preserved, we should definitely bring them back for scientific study!"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 8 (July 24th)

"If we gather enough water, we might be able to unstick the latest pets that tripped into the tar pits..."

[ After trading in 3 samples ] "They're certainly thankful! You should stick (haha) together so they don't fall in again."

Giant Forest - Cycad

^ Day 6 (July 22nd)
Day 6 (July 22nd): "As you get closer to the forest it seems like the roaring sounds are coming from in there. The first few meters are walkable, but as you try to get further into the forest you're stopped by giant vines and leaves that seem almost impossible to traverse. A green cat seems to be trying to lead you deeper, but you're going to have to figure out a way to get through if you want to go with them."
Day 7 (July 23rd): "Roars continue to emanate, and they are getting more desperate. You are starting to find a path and make some headway. Will you be able to make it in time before another cave-in collapses the cavern?"
Day 8 (July 24th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Please help our friend! They are trapped in vines deep in the forest. It's like they grew around them overnight!"
Day 10 (July 26th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Thank you so much for your help! We wish you could stay and help us clear the forest, but we'll be more careful in the future not to sleep too close to any quickly growing plants!"

Free Items wrote:
Day 8 (July 24th): "You're hacking away plants... but surely you can take some home, too! I'm sure that a terrarium would keep them isolated from modern plants."
Free Items wrote:
Day 9 (July 25th): "It's hard to see much in the forest at night, but if you look really closely you can spot some eyes glowing in the distance...best not to travel alone!"
Free Pets wrote:
Day 6 (July 22nd): "This forest is incredibly overgrown. You are trying to find a path when you stumble across a nest that has fallen to the forest floor. Not wanting them to get crushed, you decide to adopt and incubate them, and see if they hatch."
Free Pets wrote:
Day 10 (July 26th): "One last trip into the forest before you go, just to make sure no one's left behind, right?"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 7 (July 23rd)

"A tangle of vines blocks your path. Cut it open?"

[ After trading in 1 crystal ] "A stampede of... dinosaurs?? Catch them if you can!"
Quest wrote:

"At this point, the dinosaurs are becoming commonplace. Better take some vials into the forest with you so if you run across any more trapped ones you can give them a snack and a drink after you free them"

[ After trading in 3 samples ] "You gave them the contents of your vials, and now they're following you home!"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 9 (July 25th)

"Finally, you manage to fight your way to the source of the roaring. A massive dinosaur is trapped, just as Cycad said. The regular crystals don't seem to be taking out these hardier vines and the dino thrashes, making it difficult to be precise. Do you have something more powerful?"

[ After trading in 1 energized crystal ] "The energized crystal does the trick! The dino is free!"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 10 (July 26th)

"Megaflora abounds... if you manage to hack your way through it you will clear a path so no dinosaurs get trapped in the forest anymore!"

[ After trading in 1 crystal ] "These winged dinos really appreciate it!"

Animal dens - Novak

^ Day 6 (July 22nd)
Day 6 (July 22nd): "You discover a shaggy canine creature sleeping outside some cave-like dens on the side of a mountain. Do you want to go in anyway to get some awesome samples? You're going to need to be very quiet!"
Day 8 (July 24th): "[Translator Device Engaged] You woke me up! How rude. Stay out of here if you know what's good for you."
Day 9 (July 25th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Grrr... Go home already..."
Day 10 (July 26th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Well, at least you made it so there was no more loud roaring to disturb my rest. But it's all for nothing if you're still here bothering me!"

Free Items wrote:
Day 6 (July 22nd): "You turn around to look out on the world you've discovered, examining the landscape that no modern individual has ever seen before. Take your time and commit it to memory..."
Free Pets wrote:
Day 7 (July 21st): "Another roar from the forest sends you scurrying for cover, and you meet some new friends who are trying to escape the noise too!"
Free Pets wrote:
Day 8 (July 28th): "When you visit the animal dens today, it seems like there are some new tunnels being dug... I wonder what's hiding in there? Go ahead, stick your hand in!"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 6 (July 22nd)

"You got sent in here to collect samples, but you might as well leave your vials behind and bring back whole animals for your scientist friends to study!"

[ After trading in 4 samples ] "With a little bit of coaxing with a few mushrooms, the animals start to follow you out!"
Quest wrote:
First available on Day 9 (July 25th)

"You're carefully excavating samples when a rumble comes from deep in the dens. It's something big, but there's no roar like in the forest. You drop your samples when the newcomers reveal themselves!"

[ After trading in 4 samples ] "WOAH! They're huge"

Cave Paintings - Chauvet

^ Day 6 (July 22nd)
Day 6 (July 22nd): "Wow, Imbrie is going to love this! There's a wall of cave paintings and they're brand new. You can watch with the artist and see how they create paints, brushes, and their artistic process as a whole. Isn't it amazing that we've been doing art since this far in the past?"
Day 7 (July 23rd): "The painter takes quite an interest in your bioluminescent samples. They are able to communicate through gestures that they want to make paint with them! Once you go back and forth to speak to Imbrie and Wollstone, you're able to find the right tools to samples to create the paint!"
Day 8 (July 24th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Wow, these paints are amazing! Please bring me more. Can you show me what you made with them, too? It looks like youโ€™ve been getting a lot of inspiration here."
Day 10 (July 26th): "[Translator Device Engaged] Don't worry, you won't really be gone! I'll paint all about you and your friends and the time you visited us and saved the great one in the forest!"

Free Items wrote:
Day 6 (July 22nd): "As you approach the denizen of the area covered with cave paintings, you discover that they are a carver as well! After you've observed their work, they offer you a few completed pieces."
Free Items wrote:
Day 7 (July 23rd): "They're certainly prolific! You're gifted some more carvings today."
Free Items wrote:
Day 8 (July 24th): "As you watch, you think you might be learning a thing or two about carving! Best study the pieces you've received."
Free Items wrote:
Day 9 (July 25th): "Today, they offer you some tools. ! guess you should get to work!"
Free Items wrote:
Day 10 (July 26th): "They seem sad that you're leaving soon, and they give you a final gift of carvings."
Free Pets wrote:
Day 9 (July 25th): "The animals hanging out in this area seem super interested in you. Will you let them hang out for a while?"
Quest wrote:

"There appear to be some fossils of even earlier eras trapped on the wall next to the carvings. Do yout think you could dig them out with a well-placed crystal?"

[ After trading in 1 crystal ] "Carefully... carefully... it's free!"
Last edited by Keir; on Mon Jul 26, 2021 12:37 pm, edited 7 times in total.
โ•‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
keir - he/him
coding shop
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
ImageImage
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ•‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ•‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ•‘
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
- ๐ฟ๐“Ž๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Žโ€‹
โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

2021: Cave Event - Cave Paintings - Flavor Text: Prompt List

Postby Keir; » Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:37 pm

Cave Paintings - Prompt List

Inspiration is striking you, you suddenly have an idea for a new creation! Share your work here!

• All this exploring leads to daydreams. Insert your character into a story that could be depicted in the cave.
  • Always be prepared. What's in your exploration bag?
  • Cave paintings don't have an eraser! To give an even further challenge, draw with one continuous line. Don't take your pen off the paper!
  • Caves can be so dark, but here it's light with bioluminescent. Draw some plants or animals glowing in the dark.
  • Color photos are definitely a luxury! Color an image in black and white instead.
  • Draw yourself or your character in one of the Cave Event outfits or wearing Cave Event jewelry.
  • Freddie keeps putting tunes on the boombox, and you have to admit the music is inspiring! You should write your own song lyrics.
  • Hadil wants to go for a swim! Draw your character gearing up in a swimsuit--or scuba gear, if you're feeling adventurous.
  • Imagine you're digging for fossils. Draw what you find!
  • In order to survive in a microbiome, recycling is very important! Create a sculpture by recycling materials like junk mail or empty water bottles.
  • Look up some prehistoric plants. Choose one to be your color palette!
  • Looking at the cave formations gives you the inspiration to arrange things from around the house into a still life. How realistic can you draw it?
  • Looking at the cave formations gives you the inspiration to arrange things from around the house into a still life. How realistic can you draw it?
  • Looks like you found a new pet while exploring... what does it look like?
  • Oh no, you dropped all your pens in the tar pit! Cut images from magazines or print them out from the internet and turn them into a collage.
  • Oh, no! Covered in tar again! Draw your character after they fall into the tar pit.
  • Paint colors are limited when you make them out of natural materials, so you might not always be able to use your favorites. Create something using your least favorite color as the main feature!
  • Recorded history is a new concept, in the grand scheme of life on Earth. Write a journal entry about your own history so it doesn't get lost!
  • The cave paintings on the wall tell such a vivid story without saying a word! Write your interpretation of these intrepid adventurers from long ago.
  • The shadows in the cave make the imagination run wild! What was that monster you just saw?
  • There's a cave painting that you just can't interpret... it gives you the idea to draw a random shape or scribble and create something out of it!
  • These cave paintings show a lot of history. Write a story about something that happened to you in the past.
  • This cave is full of cool finds. Design a character who could live here.
  • Travelling has given you a new perspective! Draw in a style you have never used before.
  • What a busy day! What does your character do when they get back to base camp?
  • Wow! You found another jar of dirt! Draw your character celebrating this awesome find!
  • Wow, Imbrie and Chauvet are very talented, but they have their influences too! You should recreate your favorite art piece in your own style to practice.
  • Wow, look at that sunset! Color something as if it's being backlit at dusk.
  • You and some of your friends gather around the campfire for some spooky campfire tales. Draw one of scary stories!
  • You find some sculptures of CS pets just bellow the paintings. Create one of your own and share the picture!
  • You trip on a rock and are staring up at the paintings from the floor. Flip one of your sketches upside down and see what you can turn it into!
  • You work up an appetite while exploring. What's your explorer snack of choice?
  • Your character decides to write a postcard to their friends or family about their vacation. Write about how it's going so far!
  • Your character gets lost in the cave! Write a short story about their adventure on their own.
  • Your character has been inspired by the cave paintings to try out a new hair/fashion style. Let's see them strut their stuff!
Last edited by Keir; on Fri Jul 23, 2021 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
โ•‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•‘โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
keir - he/him
coding shop
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
ImageImage
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ•‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ•‘
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ•‘
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

hmu if you wanna co-op in
genshin! (NA server, AR 60)
always down to help with
anything, or join just for fun!
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆ
โ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆโ–ˆ
fandoms: svt
ateez, love nikki
genshin, bsd
โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€โ–€
โ”Œโ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”
- ๐ฟ๐“Ž๐“ƒ๐‘’๐“Žโ€‹
โ””โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”˜
Keir;

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Archive: Past Summer Event Images and Info (IMAGE-HEAVY!

Postby Magpi3.14 » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:17 am

Brea is from Halloween 2018

Cycad is from September 2015

Novak is from St. Patrick's Day 2021

Chauvet is from Christmas 2011

I don't know the year of all the items yet, but I will try to get those too!
Magpi3.14

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby I'm Grey » Fri Jul 23, 2021 9:29 am

Magpi3.14 wrote:-snip-
I don't know the year of all the items yet, but I will try to get those too!

edited this to include the new npcs. ^^
แดกสœแด ษชs แด„แด‡สŸแด‡ส™ส€ษชแด›ส ษดแดœแดส™แด‡ส€ sษชx?

โ€ข space โ™ช space โ€ข space ส€แด€แด› แด„แดสŸสŸแด‡แด„แด›แดส€ space โ€ข
โ€ข space sสœแด‡/ษชแด›/sษชส€แด‡ space โ€ข space แด€แด…แดœสŸแด›, แด‹ษชษดแด… แดา“ space โ€ข space แด€ แดŠแดแด‹แด‡ space โ€ข
I'm Grey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Jul 24, 2021 12:26 pm

Amazing, thanks for the help, everyone! Draft updated. I think the only thing missing that I don't know or can't get is the hover image for that little tuft of grass you can click to get the "click all the things" stamp, if that even had a hover image (I don't remember)
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Soratha » Sat Jul 24, 2021 1:05 pm

nickjr wrote:I think the only thing missing that I don't know or can't get is the hover image for that little tuft of grass you can click to get the "click all the things" stamp, if that even had a hover image (I don't remember)

Soratha

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby ahirked » Sun Jul 25, 2021 9:38 am

Soratha wrote:
nickjr wrote:I think the only thing missing that I don't know or can't get is the hover image for that little tuft of grass you can click to get the "click all the things" stamp, if that even had a hover image (I don't remember)

it did have a hover image (it was highlighted in light yellow, same as with the other hoverable click spots), but unfortunately I've clicked on it so I can't show what it looked like when you hovered over it ;;
ahki - they/he - black trans lives matter - free palestine
art by -ewie- of my werm, Pip
ahirked

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sun Jul 25, 2021 1:41 pm

ahirked wrote:
Soratha wrote:

it did have a hover image (it was highlighted in light yellow, same as with the other hoverable click spots), but unfortunately I've clicked on it so I can't show what it looked like when you hovered over it ;;

weeds

of course :lol: I didn't think to guess weeds

Thanks!
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vampiric » Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:23 pm

Just for your guide, this years maps were a collab between myself and Sorren Fey :)

Bless Sorren for taking on the colouring, much appreciated <3
@ @ @ @ @
Vampiric
Official Artist

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Wed Jul 28, 2021 4:05 pm

Vampiric wrote:Just for your guide, this years maps were a collab between myself and Sorren Fey :)

Bless Sorren for taking on the colouring, much appreciated <3

8D -leaves smooches all over the maps-

nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me