Camp Smoothie: Disappearance Investigation Discussion

Current Event: šŸ„šEaster Egg Hunt šŸ‡
Forum rules
Remember: This is not a trading board, so please don't post about pets you're trading!

Re: Camp Smoothie: Disappearance Investigation Discussion

Postby ShadowKatto » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:18 pm

dia_dartenheit wrote:Is it wrong that I kinda understand his motivations? :'D

Not really, I can also sort of understand why he did what he did. Kidnapping someone is a bit extreme, thoughā€¦
Pet's name: Ashfur

ShadowKatto

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby aloobah » Mon Aug 07, 2023 7:26 pm

Wait so Masonā€™s brother actually was a cryptid and not playing a prank?

[center][url=http://www.chickensmoothie.com/Forum/viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2519095
aloobah

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby jesterdoll45 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:29 am

Oh man, this is actually so great! I remember when the event first started and I saw all the NPCs' backgrounds with the glowing eyes; I told my fiancƩ, "There better be a mothman!" (Originally from West Virginia, so I'm a Mothman fanatic)

I definitely got Mothman! :lol:

In terms of the investigation, I was leaning towards Mason, but I also thought heseemed too obvious. I definitely didn't think about him trying to frame the cryptids until the last day. I was wondering about his brother the whole time though, thinking he may still have a part to play in the overall situation.
ImageImage
jesterdoll45

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Arianbelle » Tue Aug 08, 2023 2:42 am

I'm not convinced at all that Mason would turn against the cryptids like this. It must be the work of Seraphine and Moose who are actually cryptids!! The cryptids got fed up with Mason trying to convince everyone they're real when they just want to be left alone, so they created an elaborate plan to discredit him and get him out of the way. (Also Mothmen are just jealous of his colourful wings) But wait, you say, Mason fled into hiding because he's guilty! A convenient explanation and all part of the cryptids' plan... but I believe they've kidnapped him so they can shut him up for good :cry:

#ISUPPORTMASON
#MASONISINNOCENT
#JUSTICEFORMASON

............jokes aside, I love how Mason was a Mothman all along! No wonder his colours were so dark for a butterfly wolf. What a nice twist!
ImageImageImageImage
Arianbelle

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby nickjr » Sat Aug 12, 2023 12:18 pm

I didn't get to engage in the investigation as much as I wanted to due to life, but I still really enjoyed it! I REALLY like that all of the cabins' natural strengths played important roles in finding all the different clues and that when we put our observations together we were able to connect a LOT of dots. Together, we are strong!

The story itself was also good. I think it's just the right tone for CS. No one wanted anyone actually hurt, so it was still good for CS, but it was also very serious, because a kidnapping is no joke (when I read the clue that indicated Cirrus wasn't walking right, my heart was pounding; my first thought was actually that she was drugged, but then I figured it probably wasn't that severe since it's CS and that she was probably "just" ["""just"""] blindfolded and groggy), and neither is getting lost in the woods because someone purposefully messed up the trail signs. The initial hunt for clues also had an appropriately serious tone for the most part (and I personally can excuse the parts that weren't as serious, given what I assume the demographics of us Camp Smoothie campers are), and I'm glad the fun flavor text box was used for a different part and not the actual real clue-gathering. Lots of food for thought in the story with how the cryptids are treated and what they want, too.

I'm curious if there were any popular theories that caught the staff by surprise. :3c
Spread the word to end the word, because discrimination based on perceived or actual IQ/"intelligence" is no better than discrimination based on race, gender, etc.

Context, consistency, and clear antecedents are golden.
I neither read nor speak between the lines. But I will analyze your language.

Often on phone |||| Timezone: EDT/EST (CS Time -4/-5) |||| Very turbulent life IRL
Intentionally turned off signatures; PMs off June 2013 - June 2020, may turn off again later
Banner by Moonflight Image It's been over 10 years since my request, and I still love it. Thank you so much!

Character in avatar is from CS's 2015 Sucrose City summer event. Border made by me in MS Paint, Windows 8.1 xD
nickjr

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me