NEED HELP: brainstorming for a low-commitment multifandom RP

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

NEED HELP: brainstorming for a low-commitment multifandom RP

Postby Wyverncult » Wed Sep 27, 2023 10:35 am

!! tl;dr
        1a. need help building a humanoid-oriented setting. this is for multifandom, so characters of all genres + time periods may join. how can i make this work?
          1b. this can be extremely silly, it really doesn't have to make sense!!
          1c. setting is allowed to conflict with characters' worldviews. (ie. sci-fi, fantasy, etc.)
        2. the setting must be casual enough that i and other players can take breaks. i just don't have time for a roleplay where i have to oversee everyone's RP progress and push the plot.

3. not looking for plot suggestions, but feel free to suggest! again, going to be more casual.

addt. no school RPs.
      _____
      hello! i've been really interested in multifandom roleplays, but some concepts i come up with are too stressful and commitment-intensive on my end. intrigue and worldbuilding is fun, but i get busy often and it's hard to keep up. plus, i don't want other people to feel pressed to reply all the time! i want to make it clear to the players that it's fine to take breaks and not to feel awkward about week-long pauses in the RP and all lol.

i'm looking to make a roleplay that any kind of character can join, though humanoid-oriented. modern and fantasy characters should be allowed to coexist. also, a diverse age range should be allowed, so no suggestions for school RPs please ^^!

i'm stuck mainly on the setting, and would really appreciate help coming up with ideas! i'd really like help thinking of some worldbuilding where i can just provide a setting and not have to worry too much about the worldbuilding beyond that. maybe "casual" isn't particularly the word i'm focusing on, but something like that. also: how did the characters get there? were they always there? i'm not sure what kind of thing people enjoy for multifandom RPs so if anyone has any suggestions on that end too :]

thanks a bunch!! also, if anyone suggests an idea and someone else would like to take it, please feel free ^^ just remember to ask whoever suggested first and give credit!
      sorry this got longwinded!
xxxx

rec me some
retro games!‎

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂

_now playing:_

MMX; FFIII
RE3; NMH2
SNATCHER
RGG GAIDEN

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: NEED HELP: brainstorming for a low-commitment multifando

Postby troops21 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 1:10 pm

A common or familiar type of world building that would be multi-fandom could be mixing sci-fi and magic together.
You could set up two kinds of teleporters, one being tech based and another being magic based.
I actually idk how to make proper signatures Current Icon: Heart Dee
Image Hey look! Artworks I made! I also make characters!
Image Needs clicks for quest
troops21

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me