mar's guide to popular roleplay topics ★.

Ask for help with character/plot development or other RP-related content. You can also post your own roleplay guides, tips, and tricks!

mar's guide to popular roleplay topics ★.

Postby morrissey » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:13 pm

hi there! i am marya d., an active member of the roleplay community. i see that many people are confused and want help on how to create a roleplay that users would like to join, so i decided to create a topic in order to help you out!
please note that this is not a guide on how to host just a general roleplay, that guide can be found here. this is a guide researching and explaining popular roleplay topics, so you are able to go into them or create them with a more advanced understanding of how the general topic is run.

table of contents;;
intro(you are here!)
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

warrior cats ★.

Postby morrissey » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:46 pm

warrior cat(wc) roleplays are very popular nowadays, and they can mostly be found in the animal roleplays(fandom-based) section of the roleplay forums.
there is a certain structure to many warrior cats roleplays. this means that there is a certain way to how they are run or handled by the owner, that is universal amongst warrior roleplay topics.
the owner of the roleplay will first create the topic, then divide the post or posts into different subjects. first there is the plot, where the owner will show the roleplayer what exactly is going on in the plot. maybe there's a famine, or perhaps a sickness is spreading around the camp. a popular theme sprouting around is where six or so cats go on a journey, maybe it is to help find a cure for sickness, or to find a new camp for a clan.
popular wc roleplay themes::
- arranged mates roleplays, where cats are assigned mates. a lot of drama in these types of roleplays center around forbidden relationships, or cats who are going against their assigned mateships to be with other cats.
- general clan roleplays. these ones center around the lives of clans that are normal, with no specific drama or prophecy going on. these roleplays are generally very relaxed.
- natural disaster roleplays. floods, fires, famines, hurricanes, tornados, storms, earthquakes, droughts, etc. are the main plot of the story, weather(c;) it is a clan trying to escape from them, or a clan trying to rebuild after one.
- prophecy roleplays. prophecy roleplays are often centered around a prophecy, or a certain stanza that the clan has received from starclan(wc's version of heaven). perhaps a killer is on the loose, or a certain group of cats must go and travel and look for the solution to the prophecy.

after the intro, the owner will most likely post the rules for that roleplay. this post contains a set of guidelines that the owner expects you to follow. if you do not follow these rules, you might be booted, or banned, from the roleplay.

after the rules comes the characters. this is a post that lists the ranks of the clan, followed by which characters fill them. some roleplays allow you to have multiple characters, but there's a general rule in most roleplays where you are only allowed to have one high-ranking character(leader, deputy, medicine cat, medicine cat apprentice). when it comes to making your character, look at this guide for help. there is even a section that talks about warrior cats!

when you create your character, you are often asked to do it in what is called a discussion thread. a discussion thread is a thread that is linked to the roleplay, where you post your character forms and any ooc(out-of-character) discussion. the board for said topics can be found here.

after your form is accepted by the owner, meaning that you are now part of the roleplaying, you can either wait until the owner announces that the roleplay has started to post, or, if it has already begun, then you can start to post. this guide is a very big help as to how to write your first post.

i won't go into very specific details about warrior cats, but here are come guides that do:
‶. -- ⋆ warrior cats guide! by lacke
the feline library by azhefa.
【Warrior cat code & others】 by ❝ platinum empire.
|| In Depth Guide to Naming Warrior cats || by ~☾☆Tԋҽ Mσσɳ Gαȥҽɾ☆☾~
Warrior Cat's Guide + Coding by GoldenHalo
Warrior Cat Roleplay Guide & Resources by ivybrush
morrissey

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me