Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Having trouble formatting your forum topic or signature? Buy or sell custom code here

Re: Digitally Distinct: BBCoding Tutorial/Help Thread

Postby .*aurelia*. » Mon Feb 26, 2024 9:17 am

xx
      hi!! im trying to code this! my first time really giving it a go ! but i've hit a stump! i'm trying to get the text boxes around the family info and likes/dislikes info to actually be boxes. but when i press submit they all go weird! i've tried looking at the borders and frames section multiple times but i cannot get my head around it - any help is much appreciated <3 thank you :3

Code: Select all
[left][size=180][color=#acdac1]█

[/color][/size][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/RfrD9g3.jpeg[/img][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/8G8LYji.png[/img][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/g4e8L3V.png[/img][/left]
[left][size=125][color=#acdac1]████████████[/color][/size] [size=95][i]MY DEAR !![/i][color=transparent]x[/color][/size] [size=125][color=#acdac1]██████[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=75]Softpetal is a short-furred dilute calico with a coat that is a blend dark grey and
light cream patches, complemented by her entrancing amber eyes, creating a
captivating and elegant presence.
[/size][/left]
[left][size=114][color=#a3d6bb]━━━━━━━━━━━━[/color][/size][size=95][color=transparent]*[/color][color=transparent]*[/color]YOU ARE[/size][size=114][color=transparent]❤︎[/color] [color=#a3d6bb]━━━━━━━━[/color][/size][/left][left][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌─────────────┐[/color][/size]
[right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]i.[/i][/b][/color] softpetal [color=#82ab95][b][i]ii.[/i][/b][/color] molly[/size]
[size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]iii.[/i][/b][/color] she/her [color=#82ab95][b][i]iv.[/i][/b][/color] 28 moons
[color=#82ab95][b][i]v.[/i][/b][/color] clan [color=#82ab95][b][i]vi.[/i][/b][/color] rank
[/size][/center][/right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size]
[size=123][color=#acdac1]└─────────────┘[/color][/size][/left]
[color=transparent]x
x
x
[/color]
[size=75][color=transparent]xxx[/color]
Softpetal possesses a gentle & refined demeanour, exuding elegance in every movement. Her friendly nature knows no bounds as she warmly welcomes all with a sincere kindness that melts even the hardest hearts. Despite her elegance, she remains a smol innocent bean, embodying a pure & untainted spirit that radiates warmth & positivity wherever she treads, making her a cherished companion and a beacon of light in the clan. Softpetal's longing for love is as soft and tender as her namesake petals. She yearns for deep connections & affectionate bonds, craving the warmth of companionship & the solace of being understood. Her heart, pure & innocent, seeks not just fleeting moments of affection, but a profound & enduring love that resonates with the very essence of her gentle soul.[/size]
[left][size=114][color=#acdac1]▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆[/color][/size][/left]
[left][size=75]
words words, words word words word words words words words words, words words
Softpetal's backstory is one of tranquility and harmony amidst life's trials. Born duri-
ng a time of peace in the clan, she grew up in a serene forest glade, surrounded by
the gentle rustle of leaves and the soothing murmur of a nearby stream. Raised by
caring parents who instilled in her the values of kindness and compassion, Softpet-
al learned to appreciate the beauty of nature and the importance of living in har-
mony with others. Her early moons were spent exploring the lush wilderness, fin-
ding solace in the quiet moments spent among the trees and wildflowers. Despit-
e the occasional challenges that arose, such as shortages of prey or conflicts with
neighbouring clans, Softpetal remained steadfast in her commitment to peace, a-
lways seeking to resolve disputes with diplomacy and understanding. As she mat-
ured, Softpetal became known for her calming presence and gentle demeanour,
earning the admiration and respect of her clanmates. Though she faced her own
share of struggles and losses along the way, she never wavered in her belief that
love and com-passion were the true paths to lasting harmony. Today, Softpetal
continues to embody the peaceful spirit of her upbringing, spreading love and ki-
ndness wherever she goes and serving as a beacon of hope for a future where un-
derstanding and cooperation reign supreme inthe hearts of all.
[/size][/left][right][img]https://i.imgur.com/c11IPf8.png[/img][/right]
[right][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌─────────────────────────┐[/color][/size][/right]

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]mother.[/i][/b][/color] blossomfall | [color=#82ab95][b][i]father.[/i][/b][/color] cedargaze | [/size]
[size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]siblings.[/i][/b][/color] open | [color=#82ab95][b][i]crushing on.[/i][/b][/color] name | [color=#82ab95][b][i]mate.[/i][/b][/color] name |
[color=#82ab95][b][i]kits.[/i][/b][/color] name & name | [color=#82ab95][b][i]apprentice.[/i][/b][/color] name |
[color=#82ab95][b][i]viii.[/i][/b][/color] crush [color=#82ab95][b][i]ix.[/i][/b][/color] kits [color=#82ab95][b][i]x.[/i][/b][/color] apprentice[/size][/center][/right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size]
[right][size=123][color=#acdac1]└─────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/right]
[color=transparent]xxx
x
x[/color]
[right][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌─────────────────────────┐[/color][/size][/right]

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]likes.[/i][/b][/color] moss-collecting, putting feathers in her nest
and those belonging to the cats she holds dearest,
moonlight walks | [color=#82ab95][b][i]dislikes.[/i][/b][/color] wet fur, intense heat and
rudeness | [/size][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]fears.[/i][/b][/color] never finding someone to call her
own | [color=#82ab95][b][i]quirk.[/i][/b][/color] she has a sweet quirk of collecting pretty
feathers and petals and putting them in her nest, as
well as in the nests of those she holds dearest to her
innocent heart
[/size][/center][/right][right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size]
[size=123][color=#acdac1]└─────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/right]

[size=114][color=#a3d6bb]━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━[/color][/size]
[size=125][color=#acdac1]███████████[/color][/size][size=95][color=transparent]❤︎[/color] [i]BEAUTIFUL! ![/i] [color=transparent]` `[/color][/size][size=125][color=#acdac1]███[/color][/size]

.*aurelia*.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Mon Feb 26, 2024 10:11 am

@.*aurelia*. hello! is this what you're looking for? i placed the "petal" header and everything under it into a left column tag and touched up the borders/frame code a little to make everything align! c:

[/color][/size][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/RfrD9g3.jpeg[/img][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/8G8LYji.png[/img][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/g4e8L3V.png[/img][/left]
    [left][size=125][color=#acdac1]████████████[/color][/size] [size=95][i]MY DEAR !![/i][color=transparent]x[/color][/size] [size=125][color=#acdac1]██████[/color][/size][/left]
    [left][size=75]Softpetal is a short-furred dilute calico with a coat that is a blend dark grey and
    [/size][/left]
    [left][size=114][color=#a3d6bb]━━━━━━━━━━━━[/color][/size][size=95][color=transparent]*[/color][color=transparent]*[/color]YOU ARE[/size][size=114][color=transparent]❤︎[/color] [color=#a3d6bb]━━━━━━━━[/color][/size][/left][left][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌─────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]i.[/i][/b][/color] softpetal [color=#82ab95][b][i]ii.[/i][/b][/color] molly[/size]
    [size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]iii.[/i][/b][/color] she/her [color=#82ab95][b][i]iv.[/i][/b][/color] 28 moons
    [color=#82ab95][b][i]v.[/i][/b][/color] clan [color=#82ab95][b][i]vi.[/i][/b][/color] rank

│[/color][/size]
    [color=transparent]x
    x
    x
    [/color]
    Softpetal possesses a gentle & refined demeanour, exuding elegance in every movement. Her friendly nature knows no bounds as she warmly welcomes all with a sincere kindness that melts even the hardest hearts. Despite her elegance, she remains a smol innocent bean, embodying a pure & untainted spirit that radiates warmth & positivity wherever she treads, making her a cherished companion and a beacon of light in the clan. Softpetal's longing for love is as soft and tender as her namesake petals. She yearns for deep connections & affectionate bonds, craving the warmth of companionship & the solace of being understood. Her heart, pure & innocent, seeks not just fleeting moments of affection, but a profound & enduring love that resonates with the very essence of her gentle soul.[/size]
    [left][size=114][color=#acdac1]▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆▆[/color][/size][/left]
    [left][size=75]words words, words word words word words words words words words, words words
    Softpetal's backstory is one of tranquility and harmony amidst life's trials. Born duri-
    ng a time of peace in the clan, she grew up in a serene forest glade, surrounded by
    the gentle rustle of leaves and the soothing murmur of a nearby stream. Raised by
    caring parents who instilled in her the values of kindness and compassion, Softpet-
    al learned to appreciate the beauty of nature and the importance of living in har-
    mony with others. Her early moons were spent exploring the lush wilderness, fin-
    e the occasional challenges that arose, such as shortages of prey or conflicts with
    share of struggles and losses along the way, she never wavered in her belief that
    continues to embody the peaceful spirit of her upbringing, spreading love and ki-
    [/size][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/c11IPf8.png[/img][/left]
    [left][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌─────────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]mother.[/i][/b][/color] blossomfall | [color=#82ab95][b][i]father.[/i][/b][/color] cedargaze | [/size]
    [size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]siblings.[/i][/b][/color] open | [color=#82ab95][b][i]crushing on.[/i][/b][/color] name | [color=#82ab95][b][i]mate.[/i][/b][/color] name |
    [color=#82ab95][b][i]kits.[/i][/b][/color] name & name | [color=#82ab95][b][i]apprentice.[/i][/b][/color] name |
    [color=#82ab95][b][i]viii.[/i][/b][/color] crush [color=#82ab95][b][i]ix.[/i][/b][/color] kits [color=#82ab95][b][i]x.[/i][/b][/color] apprentice[/size][/center][/right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size]
    [size=123][color=#acdac1]└─────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left][color=transparent]xxx
    x
    x[/color]
    [left][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌─────────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size][/right][right][center][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]likes.[/i][/b][/color] moss-collecting, putting feathers in her nest
    moonlight walks | [color=#82ab95][b][i]dislikes.[/i][/b][/color] wet fur, intense heat and
    rudeness | [/size][size=75][color=#82ab95][b][i]fears.[/i][/b][/color] never finding someone to call her
    own | [color=#82ab95][b][i]quirk.[/i][/b][/color] she has a sweet quirk of collecting pretty
    innocent heart[/size][/center][/right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size]
    [size=123][color=#acdac1]└─────────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left]

[size=125][color=#acdac1]███████████[/color][/size][size=95][color=transparent]❤︎[/color] [i]BEAUTIFUL! ![/i] [color=transparent]` `[/color][/size][size=125][color=#acdac1]███[/color][/size]
Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .*aurelia*. » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:10 am

@Vivika thank you so much i really appreciate that! however when i posted the form just now into my storage the borders weren't under the 'petal' header anymore... i've attached images to show what i would like vs what the cs form changed it to...not sure why or how it changes aha - do i just need to make the borders a bit longer? thank you for your help! you make it look so easy haha

image not under petal

image under petal which is what i am aiming for c:
.*aurelia*.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby Vivika » Sat Mar 02, 2024 8:59 am

@ .*aurelia*. oh, i see!! it looks like this for me (chrome + windows 10 laptop)! ^^ may i ask what browser + device you're using? sometimes, the coding does get funky depending on that!

does this work for you by any chance? i would also definitely try shortening the borders here (by removing "─" to see if that helps any) as well c:

[/size][/left]

│[/color][/size]
    [color=transparent]x
    x
    x
    [/color]
    [left][size=75]words words, words word words word words words words words words, words words
    [/size][/left][left][img]https://i.imgur.com/c11IPf8.png[/img][/left][left][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌───────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

│[/color][/size]
    [size=123][color=#acdac1]└───────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left][color=transparent]xxx
    x
    x[/color]
    [left][size=123][color=#acdac1]┌───────────────────────┐[/color][/size]

innocent heart[/size][/center][/right][size=112][color=#acdac1]│

│[/color][/size]
    [size=123][color=#acdac1]└───────────────────────┘[/color][/size][/left]

Vivika

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby .*aurelia*. » Sun Mar 03, 2024 12:43 am

@Vivika, ohhh that seemed to work! thank you so much ! chrome + mac book!
.*aurelia*.

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby shadow~wolf » Sun Mar 03, 2024 5:19 pm

came here for help because i didnt want to bother you aure,
and im laughing so hard seeing that we're both here hehe

anyhow, this is probably so outrageously obvious and simple,
but how can i keep the placement of the first text paragraph here
and have a separate one next to it (to the right, still centered(?) instead of
going underneath and if someone can even out those top
and bottom borders for me?

[list][center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1fQxtiC.jpeg[/img][/list]
[list][b][size=175] ───── 𝓗 𝓞 𝓜 𝓔 𝓦 𝓐 𝓡 𝓓   [i]![/i] [color=transparent]x[/color]𝓑 𝓞 𝓤 𝓝 𝓓   [i]![/i] ───────────────[/size][/b][/center][/list]
[left][list][size=180][color=transparent]██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x[/color][/size][/list][/left][list][size=85]good placement for the first paragraph lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

move this paragraph up there to the right?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/size][/list]
[center][list][b][size=172]────────────────────────────𝓕 𝓘 𝓝 𝓓──𝓨 𝓞 𝓤 𝓡 ──𝓦 𝓐 𝓨  [i]![/i]─────[/size][/b][/list][/center]

𝐬𝐡𝐚𝐝𝐨𝐰
𝑠𝘩𝑒/𝘩𝑒𝑟
═════
█████
─────

═════

───────────────────
hi! my name is shadow &
i am a dog enthusiast &
writer! artist, roleplayer.
pms open!!
═══════════
TH ✧ art ✧ link here ✧ ©
───────────────────

shadow~wolf

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby The Ghost Of You » Sun Mar 03, 2024 11:32 pm

@shadow~wolf
hey! is this what you were looking for? i find that for some reason the text usually doesn't like to align properly without an image directly above it? (well, usually what happens to fix it for me) so hopefully this helps!
[center][img]https://i.imgur.com/1fQxtiC.jpeg[/img]
[b][size=175] ───── 𝓗 𝓞 𝓜 𝓔 𝓦 𝓐 𝓡 𝓓   [i]![/i] [color=transparent]x[/color]𝓑 𝓞 𝓤 𝓝 𝓓   [i]![/i] ───────────────[/size][/b][/center]
[left][size=180][color=transparent]██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x
██x[/color][/size][/left][right][size=85]move this paragraph up there to the right?
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/size][/right][size=85]good placement for the first paragraph lol
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx[/size]
[img]https://i.imgur.com/a9MFCuN.png[/img][center][b][size=175]───────────────────𝓕 𝓘 𝓝 𝓓──𝓨 𝓞 𝓤 𝓡 ──𝓦 𝓐 𝓨  [i]![/i]─────[/size][/b][/center]
ImagexImage
𝐒𝐎 𝐓𝐄𝐋𝐋 𝐀𝐋𝐋────────❥❥❥
hey, the name's Kai! i love
ben 10, ninjago, generator rex,
and the spectacular spiderman!

- carrd - last.fm - tumblr -
bring me the horizon,
limp bizkit, slipknot,
mcr and waterparks!
𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐄────────────────✦✦✦
The Ghost Of You

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby PheonixThunderslayer » Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:38 am

hey, the make a button website is saying its not secure. like theres the little warning thingy that says not secure
ImageImageImage
im pheonix (she/her) and im back to the old sig11!!1!!! woohoo!
PheonixThunderslayer

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby slipknotmania » Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:57 am

Ello, I'm struggling to turn a resized toyhouse file (art that I have paid for) into a useable link for my forum. I'm struggling to turn it into a link that doesn't involve download, file,ect. Any help?
slipknotmania

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Postby hhound » Tue Apr 02, 2024 1:36 pm

[right][url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/392656372.html][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/392656372&trans=1.jpg[/img][/url]
[/right]
[left][url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/291912508.html][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/291912508&trans=1.jpg[/img][/url][/left]
[center][url=https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/435673190.html][img]https://www.chickensmoothie.com/pet/435673190&trans=1.jpg[/img][/url]
[/center]

does anyone know why deer floats

─────────────────────
name is hhound or jack!
im a chemist tech
─────────────────────
───────────────────────────
love 90s grunge/rock music
loves to code (css mainly)
loves pink pets mainly
───────────────────────────
ImagexxImage