Beginner's Oekaki

Artists of all levels of skill are welcome to draw here!

Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
If you are unsure, read the full art rules here: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=30437

Need help using the Oekaki? Check out this guide to the Oekaki by Misnake!

Oekaki Rules and Information
by Tess @ Sun Sep 30, 2012 11:56 pm [Reply]

All images made in the oekaki board must follow our general Art Rules - however, there are some extra rules specific to the Oekaki that you should be aware of;

Oekaki-specific Rules

What you should do:

  • Keep comments polite, helpful, and relevant to the artwork. Critique is allowed if requested by the artist - but bare insults are not welcome here.
  • Make an effort to post your drawing in the correct board. For example, if you color in an Editable drawing, post it into the 'Colored-in' board. If you are new to oekaki and your artwork isn't of a very high standard yet, post in the Beginners board until you've had more practice.
  • If using an editable, follow the artist's rules! This may include leaving a signature/watermark layer on the final image, or may prevent you from selling colored-in versions as adoptables.
What you shouldn't do:
  • Don't post excessively bloody/gory/violent images, nudity, or anything else which might be inappropriate for younger viewers.
  • Do not post blank canvases in the contests board. Contests may be posted there only if you provide a lineart or background for contestants to use in their entries. If you don't need people to edit something in particular, go to the Regular Art Competitions Board to create your topic. You can still make a rule that your contestants make their entries in the Oekaki boards if you prefer it that way.
  • Don't make Oekaki drawings with just words or puzzles written on them. The oekaki is for sharing artwork, not for displaying a message or playing a forum game.
  • Don't spam the oekaki with random 10 second scribbles or advertisements and trade requests.
  • Religious themes are allowed in most boards EXCEPT in the Editable or Adoptable boards. Please keep these images for the Beginners, Intermediate, or Sketches boards instead.
  • Don't post offensive images imposing your beliefs on others. You are free to express your beliefs in a peaceful way, but not by hating on or denouncing any other person or group of people.
  • Don't create Oekaki topics just to share art you've created elsewhere. Art drawn in another program should be posted in the appropriate board (for example: non-Oekaki adopts go in User-made Adoptables).

Selecting a different version of ChibiPaint
We have 2 versions of ChibiPaint to choose from. The newer version (ChibiPaint v2.0) allows you to use extra features like rotating your canvas.
You can choose "ChibiPaint v2.0" on your Oekaki settings page here:
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/settings.php

Help:
If you don't know how to get started, go to the Beginner Oekaki. When you create a 'New Topic' it will load ChibiPaint for you.
You need Java to view it, and once you create and send a picture it will feature at the top of your new topic.

Try these guides before asking questions:
Basic Oekaki Help
Very detailed Oekaki guide.


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Frequently Asked Questions

How does art get 'featured' for the front page?
Featured art is hand-picked by a staff member to make it appear on the front page. Only recent artwork can appear in the featured box. The lucky artists are chosen if we think their drawing is particularly beautiful or creative and deserving of special attention. Often some of the site's 'best' artwork doesn't get featured because we believe it will attract enough attention on it's own.

Will you feature my artwork please?
We don't take requests or recommendations. There are not many places available for featured art, so many people just miss out. Don't take it personally, if you haven't been featured then your drawing is just one among tens of thousands which didn't get featured that week. It doesn't mean we think you're unworthy, it just means you're not incredibly lucky.

How does art get into the "most popular" categories?
The "most popular" boards are sorted automatically based on the number of "likes" they have. They are set up to include the top images from a range of different boards so that even Beginners and Sketches have a chance of being displayed amongst the top Intermediate artwork.

Can COPPA users post in the oekaki?
Yes, but all of their posts require post approval from a moderator before they appear in the forum.

I'm a COPPA user. What happened to my post? When will it be approved?
If you don't see your recent post appearing in the oekaki boards then it is probably waiting for a staff member to approve it. This might take a few minutes, or a few hours, depending on how many staff are available right now. Please be patient, staff have to read and approve nearly 1000 posts per day, sometimes it just takes a while for yours to be seen.

  • Gallery display:

Adoptables Batch 6/6 OPEN based on this drawing by Tealea
by keaganmutt @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:58 am [Reply]

Adoptables 1/6 OPEN

All are 1 wishlist Rare or 4 Halloween tokens
All designs are made by me.

-1 Velvet: OPEN
-2 Orange: OPEN
-3 Bumble Bee: OPEN
-4 Lime: OPEN
-5 Blue : OPEN
-6 Violet : OPEN

I'd love if you could bump this post if you want!

Softfeather_04 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am

Bump^^

keaganmutt @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 am

Bump^^

keaganmutt @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:09 am

keaganmutt wrote:Adoptables 1/6 OPEN

All are 1 wishlist Rare or 4 Halloween tokens
All designs are made by me.

-1 Velvet: OPEN
-2 Orange: OPEN
-3 Bumble Bee: OPEN
-4 Lime: OPEN
-5 Blue : OPEN
-6 Violet : OPEN

I'd love if you could bump this post if you want!

1 replies not shown, show all

you mess with the coon you get the spoon
by sky, @ Fri Oct 20, 2017 5:37 am [Reply]

gud advice, dont mess with the coon




copyright skys idea because ryhme popped in her head when she saw a raccoonn

Lion?
by SevereHercules @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:05 am [Reply]

I dunno

I told myself not to post this cause it's cringe, but I couldn't help myself I'm sorry :0 So this is Johnny butterfly boi from Hollywood Undead and I just drew it cause of the new album that's coming out soon <3 The background was inspired by his mask from Notes from the Underground, which originally I was gonna draw butterflies, but instead I thought a "cracking" effect would look better~ Also I apologize if the anatomy is a bit off as you can probably already tell I can't draw humans lol.





I'm sorry if it's cringy I'll see myself out.



Also Usual Suspects is the best song ever <3

Gordon Ramsay @ Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:15 pm

Code: Select all
I am so proud of you,  you could be my long lost child.  <3 keep up the amazing work kiddo

Fluffi. @ Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:16 pm

Minty_Wolfies wrote:
I told myself not to post this cause it's cringe, but I couldn't help myself I'm sorry :0 So this is Johnny butterfly boi from Hollywood Undead and I just drew it cause of the new album that's coming out soon <3 The background was inspired by his mask from Notes from the Underground, which originally I was gonna draw butterflies, but instead I thought a "cracking" effect would look better~ Also I apologize if the anatomy is a bit off as you can probably already tell I can't draw humans lol.





I'm sorry if it's cringy I'll see myself out.



Also Usual Suspects is the best song ever <3




butterfly boi?

oh yes

Minty_Wolfies @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 9:04 am

Gordon Ramsay wrote:
Code: Select all
I am so proud of you,  you could be my long lost child.  <3 keep up the amazing work kiddo


Fluffi. wrote:
Minty_Wolfies wrote:
I told myself not to post this cause it's cringe, but I couldn't help myself I'm sorry :0 So this is Johnny butterfly boi from Hollywood Undead and I just drew it cause of the new album that's coming out soon <3 The background was inspired by his mask from Notes from the Underground, which originally I was gonna draw butterflies, but instead I thought a "cracking" effect would look better~ Also I apologize if the anatomy is a bit off as you can probably already tell I can't draw humans lol.





I'm sorry if it's cringy I'll see myself out.



Also Usual Suspects is the best song ever <3




butterfly boi?

oh yes




Haha thanks! c: <3

Starlight
by Mincinno @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:40 am [Reply]

I don't know what to say
But I'm going to want you till the stars evaporate
We're only here for just a moment in the light
One day it shines for us the next we're in the night
So say the word and I'll be running back to find you
A thousand armies won't stop me I'll break through
I'll soar the endless skies for only one sight
Of your starlight

Gonna draw this puppo (Made by corrosive_limes)
any name ideas for him?
EDIT: I hAte how its turning out >-<

Softfeather_04 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 6:50 am

Jax ?

Jayde~ @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:00 am

Hm. He really reminds me of space.

Maybe something like space-ish?

Mincinno @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:51 am

ew oh god it turned out awful

1 replies not shown, show all

Happy Halloween everybody!

Wind mage
by GhirahimTheFabulous @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:55 am [Reply]

Nothing special, but why not??

Vaati is from the MinishCap/ Four swords (legend of zelda)

GhirahimTheFabulous @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:58 am

Edited A little bit of things

Image

OPEN
Alexander wrote:"I would kill for some candies right now! Do you have any? I'm sure Tawn would be happy to draw!"
Pricing wrote: Don't worry, it's not going to be expensive. Hopefully?


Basic headshot (or bust) w shading: 3 tokens
Waist up / 3/4 w shading: 4 tokens
Full body w shading: 5 of any
Extras: probably not much but adding extra items can raise price by 1 or more tokens!! (A certain expression, cuts, etc will not raise price)

Can, Can't do wrote:Can do:
- felines
-canines
- dragons, some other mythical creatures
- little bit of blood (a scratch, a few specks)

Difficult but maybe:
-horses
-birds

Will not do:
- humans
-lots of blood*


* if you do want more blood/gore, I will do it, though it still somewhat depends. It will be sent through PM.

Form wrote:
Code: Select all
[center][size=90]Username:
What do you want?:
Payment:
Character ref please:
Any specific requests? (ex. pose or items):
Other, aka things I might have forgotten:
[/size][/center]


Currently Accepting wrote:I'm currently accepting: all tokens

But I'm mainly looking for:
nothing yet!

Won't accept: none right now


Slots wrote:1. open
2. open
3. open

Softfeather_04 @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 12:52 pm

Bump may ^^

tawnycatz @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:24 pm

please... my small son hungers for sweets

Laughingfruit @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:57 am

Mark. I'll consider this for sure. ~

free art
by nut @ Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:08 pm [Reply]

so yeah basically if you'd like i can draw an animal OC Of yours :)

(ill try and do a better drawing than what's presented XD)

APH Siantia @ Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

could you draw her?
Haunani

Ciel Phantomhive. @ Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:10 pm

ahh can you draw alishite?
http://www.chickensmoothie.com/oekaki/i ... 1508279380
thank you!

Pina Catala @ Wed Oct 18, 2017 12:11 pm

Can you draw this :o

Image

16 replies not shown, show all

eee based on this drawing by nut
by nut @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:48 am [Reply]

for LittleBodyBigHeart

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
by nut @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:55 am [Reply]

more practicing.. goshing heck I suck XD

Softfeather_04 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:56 am

No this is awsome ^^

0Zero0 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:01 am

this is so cute

Chausie @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 am

;o;
it's so soft <3

1 replies not shown, show all

-shrug- Bayclaw
by Poppycorn222 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 am [Reply]

CrystalineDragon @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 am

OMG IT'S SO CUTE!!!
Love. Your. Style.

Poppycorn222 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:25 am

hahah thank you!

Miss Marple @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:35 am

My heart simply cannot take this

lil sketch
by Eosiin @ Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:22 pm [Reply]

should be in sketches & experiments but
whatever amiright

SpoiledLimeade @ Fri Oct 20, 2017 3:23 pm

I love your style. you could make this an awesome adoptable

Eosiin @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 8:29 am

SpoiledLimeade wrote:I love your style. you could make this an awesome adoptable

Oh geez TwT thank you so much!! I might make an adoptable later but as for now i don't have any ideas for one.

shamespren @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 1:20 pm

This is fantastic. Seriously, love this.

1 replies not shown, show all

rawWWRRR
by Mocha_Frappe_Bae @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:10 am [Reply]

dASDASDSA

U scared?
by FluffyunicornZ @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 am [Reply]

happy halloween!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

FluffyunicornZ @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:07 am

Bump

FluffyunicornZ @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:09 am

boop

Spy Kid
by Aizawa Shouta @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 am [Reply]

I am super busy so I decided to doodle this gal up to relieve some stress ;u; Not only am I busy, I'm babysitting too rgfjk

I needed more female characters. I might use her in my portfolio too. Name suggestions?


Image

hazel corazones @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 am

oh my goodness this is super pretty!! i love your art wowowow
i'm just gonna throw out the suggestions of marley and olivia

Aizawa Shouta @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:08 am

hazel corazones wrote:oh my goodness this is super pretty!! i love your art wowowow
i'm just gonna throw out the suggestions of marley and olivia



ahh tysm! I like Olivia :00 Its very fitting, I think I'll use that!!

Zombie Horse
by Schwarzenegger @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 5:28 pm [Reply]

Image

σptιmus primє @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:05 pm

    whoa, that's so cool, it looks amazing! well done! c:

Tenturo @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 6:11 pm

woahh ;o; this is awesome!!

Schwarzenegger @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 2:29 am

Tenturo wrote:woahh ;o; this is awesome!!

σptιmus primє wrote:
    whoa, that's so cool, it looks amazing! well done! c:


Thank you both! I’m glad you like it! :D

1 replies not shown, show all

Untitled.jpeg
by RUDY THE WIZARD @ Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:49 pm [Reply]

may may posts?

blaring lights @ Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:49 pm

this is the best thing i have seen on this entire site so far

Crispy Richard @ Sat Sep 02, 2017 2:28 pm

oh my actual god please

ShibaSoul @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:02 am

is it bad i'm stalking your entire gallery

dumb practice
by Aizawa Shouta @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:48 am [Reply]

bakugou is a troll, lets be hones there

I've never drawn deku before :'0 I imagine him with darker skin but I was only using red and when I colored it in, it looked not good bnjcvxknv

the top left is one of my ocs, mr smiley!

Image

get back here!!
by Cosmic Candy Fox @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:45 am [Reply]

Oh geez
I don't own the characters, just them as cats, yet again LOL I don't like drawing humans because they all look terrible

comission for Halographic
by okashi @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:12 am [Reply]

Image
hope this is ok!

Halographic @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:25 am

this is!!!!!
the cutest thing i've seen all day !!!!!
this put the biggest smile on my face when i saw it--
thank you so much !! <33

Softfeather_04 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:30 am

Wow ^^ awsome yet again

okashi @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 am

Halographic wrote:this is!!!!!
the cutest thing i've seen all day !!!!!
this put the biggest smile on my face when i saw it--
thank you so much !! <33


aa i'm so glad you like it!! <3
i'll get the others done when I can :>


Softfeather_04 wrote:Wow ^^ awsome yet again

thank you !!! ^o^

Dance Party...?
by Lilypad10 @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:32 am [Reply]

I did a REALLY bad job on this drawing xD

Hi! I'm looking for candies! (I friggin love creepy pets XD) So.... yeas cheap arts

Prices and arts wrote:(1) 1 candy - Clean sketch
(2) 2 candies - Lined , no background, no colouring, no shading
(3) candies -Lined, shading, no colouring, no background
(4) 3 candies - Lined, coloured , no shading, no background
(5) 4 candies - Lined, coloured , simple background, no shading
(6) 5 candies, Lined, coloured, detailed background, no shading
(7) 5 candies - Lined, coloured, simple background, shading
(8) 6 candies - Lined, coloured, detailed background, shading
(9) 7 candies - kinda realistic, no fur details.
(10) 8 candies - kinda realistic, shaded, no fur details, simple background
(11) 9 candies - kinda realistic, shaded, no fur details, detailed background
(12) 9 candies - Ref sheet (Price increases with add ons such as shading, views, and style!)
(13) 16 candies - OmG So rEALIsTIc ANd TImE COnSUmINg wHY Is tHiS SO CHEAp?!?!?!?!?

Style/way drawn (If you ordered before this was added you don't have to pay more)
~Style~
Normal cartoony (No upcharge)
Chibi (Not drawn on here before, 1 candy upcharge)
Semi- realistic (2 candy upcharge)
Realistic (3 candy upcharge)
~Way Drawn~
Headshot (No upcharge)
Bust (No upcharge)
Full body (1 candy upcharge)



Stuff I can do wrote:Canines
Dragons
Cats
Reptiles
Mixed creatures
Mythical creatures









Stuff I can kinda do wrote:Humans
Human-like things
Some fish



Slots
SLOTS WILL REFRESH AFTER ALL ORDERS ARE DONE!
ONLY ONE SLOT AVAILABLE FOR HYPER-REALISTIC!
Slot 1 - Corgi sploot
Slot 2 - p-lasticplants
Slot 2 - Pina Catala
Slot 3 -
Slot 4 -




Order form wrote:.

Code: Select all
Username: [b][/b]
Art choice (Put number next to price :D ):
Price paying (Negotiable, higher prices more likely to be accepted):
Expression:
Creature/ human (Please give me a ref or picture!):
Anything you want in particular?:
Explain what you want the piece to look like:
Character's personality (Helps me draw your character!):

sandydragon @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:13 pm

Res

sandydragon @ Sat Oct 21, 2017 2:49 pm

Candies - 0

sandydragon @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 4:34 am

sandydragon wrote:Hi! I'm looking for candies! (I friggin love creepy pets XD) So.... yeas cheap arts

Prices and arts wrote:(1) 1 candy - Clean sketch
(2) 2 candies - Lined , no background, no colouring, no shading
(3) candies -Lined, shading, no colouring, no background
(4) 3 candies - Lined, coloured , no shading, no background
(5) 4 candies - Lined, coloured , simple background, no shading
(6) 5 candies, Lined, coloured, detailed background, no shading
(7) 5 candies - Lined, coloured, simple background, shading
(8) 6 candies - Lined, coloured, detailed background, shading
(9) 7 candies - kinda realistic, no fur details.
(10) 8 candies - kinda realistic, shaded, no fur details, simple background
(11) 9 candies - kinda realistic, shaded, no fur details, detailed background
(12) 9 candies - Ref sheet (Price increases with add ons such as shading, views, and style!)
(13) 16 candies - OmG So rEALIsTIc ANd TImE COnSUmINg wHY Is tHiS SO CHEAp?!?!?!?!?




Stuff I can do wrote:Canines
Dragons
Cats
Reptiles
Mixed creatures
Mythical creatures









Stuff I can kinda do wrote:Humans
Human-like things
Some fish



Slots
SLOTS WILL REFRESH AFTER ALL ORDERS ARE DONE!
ONLY ONE SLOT AVAILABLE FOR HYPER-REALISTIC!
Slot 1 -
Slot 2 -
Slot 2 -
Slot 3 -
Slot 4 -




Order form wrote:.

Code: Select all
Username: [b][/b]
Art choice (Put number next to price :D ):
Price paying (Negotiable, higher prices more likely to be accepted):
Expression:
Creature/ human (Please give me a ref or picture!):
Anything you want in particular?:
Explain what you want the piece to look like:
Character's personality (Helps me draw your character!):

8 replies not shown, show all

Angelic Cat
by CyanSakura @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:28 am [Reply]

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

audien @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:29 am

    /( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/ cute cutee

CyanSakura @ Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 am

audien wrote:
    /( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)/ cute cutee

ಠ◡ಠ tanks

Next

Return to Forums

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cosmic Candy Fox, DeathwishS, redwolf466 and 2 guests

Forum permissions

You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum