Forum rules
Reminder: Copying another person's art without permission to reproduce their work is a form of art-theft!
Click here to see the full Art Rules!

Echo cats by Beewings

Artist Beewings [gallery]
Time spent 8 hours, 2 minutes
Drawing sessions 12
5 people like this Log in to vote for this drawing

Versions of this drawing that people have created recently

Echo cats

Postby Beewings » Wed Jan 18, 2012 6:03 pm

Echo cats

Closed

This wasn't going well so there will be no more echo cat adoptions, those who own an echo cat(s) may still keep them but there wont be any more up to adopt but there is one still up and she will be the last. This is permanatly closed, never to open again for any reason.

What’s an echo cat?
An echo cat is much like our domesticated felines, but they are much more solitary creatures. They enjoy being outside and climbing trees, they can be domesticated or feral, but because of their lonely ways they tend to be feral. Some, non-feral echo cats will form small prides of four to five echo cats. Echo cats live in trees and come down to hunt and gather bedding for their nests. They live in trees so they can watch for danger better and so they can listen better from a high place. Echo cats will strip the tallest branch from the tree of it's leaves, which gives them a good look out area and a place where they can listen without leaves rustling around them. Their nests look much like a birds but the inside is usually lined with the hides of their eaten prey, feathers or moss; the kittens are trained to jump from branch to branch first then they are taught to climb small branches and finally are taken down the tree and taught other things, like hunting. The kits are taught how to climb first so they can run up a tree if anything might threaten it while they are training so they can get to safety.

What makes an echo cat different than a normal cat?
Echo cats have many properties that make them so similar to a normal, domesticated cat. But an echo cat has very large ears that help them listen for danger or prey and it is mainly the ears that give the echo cat its name. They are so big that they have been said to echo what one echo cat hears to other animals nearby, which they can use to confuse animals threatening them, like foot steps behind them or something that might distract the animal. Also they have weirdly long tails that help them keep balance when climbing trees and hunt, because they only have three toes, and to wrap around them at night or in cold areas.Also some echoe cats are born with bat-like wings which are very small and don't usually have much of a purpose for the echo cat, but they are still born with little wings.

Coloring
Echo cats come in all colors natural to domesticated cats and some not natural, echo cats with darker points are uncommon and those with stripes and also uncommon. Those with both points and stripes are rare and tabby-torties are rare also. The rarer are echo cats with one ear, one paw or tail tips that have a darker or lighter coloring. The most rare echo cats are long furred and those who have a mix of blue/brown, blue/green, brown/green, brown/purplish, eyes.The second most rare are the ones with wings.

How to adopt
To adopt an echo cat, there are a few ways to get one. The ways to get one are to simply get there first, draw a picture or answer a question correctly. It will say on the info below the echo cat.
Also, it will tell the gender, if it is feral or non-feral, and how rare it is.

Here is the form for you to adopt one:
Username:
Cat’s name:
Cat’s age:

Rules:

1. Don’t steal the species
2. Don’t claim as your own
3. Don’t complain if you don’t get one.
4. You are only allowed one a day
5. You can only own 5 echo cats
6. If you don’t want it then pm me so someone else can adopt it.
7. Respect and be nice to others.
8. You can only apply for an echo cat with the Adopt in the picture. The sign will be removed when the echo cat has been adopted.

Customs…
I will be taking customs now, a custom is free.

Breeding...
There will be no breeding for now.

Other artists…
I don’t need any at the moment so please don’t ask.
Last edited by Beewings on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:36 pm, edited 12 times in total.
I'm not very active here anymore, moved to DA ->
I share computer w/Dioscuri.
Beewings

My pets
My items
My wishlist
My gallery
My scenes
My dressups
Trade with me

Re: Echo cats

Postby Beewings » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:36 pm